daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2014, 12:43 AM   #6621
zsimi80
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 553

M85

https://www.google.hu/maps/@47.65474...gLkvOAq2pQ!2e0

zsimi80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2014, 04:59 AM   #6622
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Not with anti-lock brakes.
Surerly by the time you have reached to a stop, the car would have spun from either front or back wheels of the vehicles being on different surfaces. I don't think compromising on safety is the way to go for an EU country. It would be better to just do away with sections of a motorway or have a downgraded section of road with lower speed limits if funding is a problem.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #6623
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by grykaerugoves View Post
Surerly by the time you have reached to a stop, the car would have spun from either front or back wheels of the vehicles being on different surfaces.
No, even without anti-lock brakes, a skilled driver will not spin the car. I've practiced this. The beauty of anti-lock brakes is that even an unskilled driver will not spin the car -- assuming they keep the wheel straight.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #6624
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Anti-lock brakes will not prevent you from spinning your car if you brake hard on a split surface. ESP will, but not all cars have this system. The purpose of anti-lock brakes is not to lose direction under hard braking so you can avoid an obstacle, but with no ESP, you must have some skills not to spin your car in that situation.

ABS is irrelevant. A road with that soft shoulders is unsafe by nature. You may need the shoulder to perform an emergency stop if you suddenly find stopped traffic ahead and you don't have enough distance to brake (i.e. in a foggy day). Even with anti-lock brakes, braking with the right half of the car on that shoulder will result in a disaster for most drivers, in most cars.

loloo liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #6625
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
Anti-lock brakes will not prevent you from spinning your car if you brake hard on a split surface.
That's true if one brakes insanely hard i.e. out-of-control hard, which one should never ever do under any conditions. Reasonably hard controlled braking will not spin a car with one side on asphalt and the other on gravel. I've practiced this with no ABS, with ABS, with ABS+EPS. If you haven't practiced this, go practice and then come back and tell us what you learned.
Old November 18th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #6626
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
That's true if one brakes insanely hard i.e. out-of-control hard, which one should never ever do under any conditions. Reasonably hard controlled braking will not spin a car with one side on asphalt and the other on gravel. I've practiced this with no ABS, with ABS, with ABS+EPS. If you haven't practiced this, go practice and then come back and tell us what you learned.
Sometimes you must brake hard. In an emergency, for example. Which is the kind of situation that will get you with half a car on the shoulder. I have practiced this -in several driving courses in a closed track. Braking hard is what you must do in a car with ABS, as the car itself adjusts braking power so that the wheels don't lock. I'm able to maintain the trajectory of the car under hard braking on a split surface, but 99% of drivers aren't.

Anyway there are a lot more situations that prove that these soft shoulders are unsafe. Falling asleep and abruptly turning the wheel in order not to crash with the guardrail will also result in a disaster, whilst with a hard shoulder nothing would happen.
Old November 30th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #6627
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Visegrad, national road No.11:

SRC_100, Verso, zsimi80, Luki_SL liked this post
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 07:16 PM   #6628
pt640
hungaria

Likes (Received): 116

M0 widening - between M7 - main road 1 - today

map: goo.gl/lXMU2J

Old December 11th, 2014, 01:08 AM   #6629
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Some significant changes in motorway/expressway network tolling will take place as of January nex year. The National Ministry of Development confirmed corresponding press releases today.

- all of today's toll-free sections will become tolled with some stretches of M0 and the entire M31 remaining the only exceptions
(some parts of the M0 have been built or refurbished on EU funding, thus EU regulations do not allow tolling for these parts)
Thus, the motorway or expressway (motor traffic way) sign will always signify the beginning of a tolled road, save for the mentioned few exceptions.

- a new type of area-limited yearly sticker will be introduced, priced at HUF 5000,- per county. If you need to use the motorway network in a few counties only, this allows significant economy compared to a standard yearly sticker. E.g. four counties would cost HUF 20000,- whereas the standard yearly sticker comes at HUF 42000,-

- The existing sticker D1 category for motor vehicles up to 3,5 tons will be split into two sub-categories. The first, for vehicles with a max. of 5 + 2 passenger seats, will be unchanged. Vehicles capable of transporting more passengers will be re-classified into a new D2 category. For these, weekly and bimonthly sticker price will double, yearly price remains unchanged.

- trailers not pulled by a passenger car will need an independent sticker for using motorways. A new U category (U = utánfutó, "trailer") will be introduced, priced at D1 category's rates.

- sticker prices will otherwise remain unchanged starting next year.

- the rates of the existing e-pricing for trucks will be raised by approx. 5% starting Jan. 2015. The parts of M0 ceasing to be toll-free will also cease to be free for trucks

Richard_P, Nordic20T, JackFrost, idnaidna liked this post
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #6630
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Guys i read somewhere ,but i don't know where.
Was M1 tolled ?
I am saying about tolling that we can see in Italy,Serbia,France...
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2014, 07:28 PM   #6631
definitivo

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
Was M1 tolled ?
I am saying about tolling that we can see in Italy,Serbia,France...

...i'm shure that M1 don't have "toll booths" since 2000...what was before 2000 i don't remember...

Last edited by definitivo; December 11th, 2014 at 08:29 PM.
definitivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2014, 08:41 PM   #6632
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
Was M1 tolled ?
Do you know the search feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atza View Post
M1 Győr (road 85) - Hegyeshalom (A border) section was the first hungarian private motorway (opened in 1996). It had 1 tollgate on the main motorway (on the photo) and 3 tollgates in interchanges.

M5 motorway had also toll-gates, near Újhartyán and near Kiskunfélegyháza, and also in interchanges.

So yes, you can see the old tollgate at that place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Motorway M1 had toll stations between Győr and Hegyeshalom (Austrian border) in the 90's. This section was built as a private motorway. The tolls were incredibly high and approximately 90% of traffic (heavy freight included) avoided that section and used the parallel running national road instead. The toll was for cars 900 forint in 1997, which is at current value approx. 8 euro for 50km which is crazy.
I can remember, it was absolute crazy to see that almost every cars and trucks left the motorway at the last exit before the tolled section.
But because of the low usage of the road, the incomes were much lower than expected and the motorway company became bankrupt in three years (1999). Then the state took over that section, lowered the tolls immediately and later on that section, too, became a part of the nation wide sticker system.
Most of the toll stations of M1 were removed. This one wich is visible in your link was changed to a sticker sell station. If you come from Austria or Slovakia you may buy your sticker* at that station so the motorways M1 (A border - that station) and M15 (SK border - that station) are eventually free to use.

* Since the introducing of E-Sticker you get no sticker at all but your car will be registered in an electronic database, but you can do it at that station as well.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #6633
i15

Likes (Received): 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Thus, the motorway or expressway (motor traffic way) sign will always signify the beginning of a tolled road
so M30 Miskolc bypass will remain vignette-free, because motorway sign is placed after exit Miskolc-south?
https://www.google.sk/maps/@48.05983...mZQSjV8O4Q!2e0

Also, do you have any information about M30 Tornyosnémeti-SK border? I think I saw 2 construction vehicles there in november, but it was dark and foggy
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 10:29 AM   #6634
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9414

Photo gallery of the U/C M4 bridge over the Tisza river just north of the city of Szolnok.

http://iho.hu/hir/m4-mar-a-masodik-s...-vannak-141222

II. János Pál pápa

SRC_100 liked this post
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 12:50 PM   #6635
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Photo gallery of the U/C M4 bridge over the Tisza river just north of the city of Szolnok.

Credit to Aladar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
M4: már a második szakaszban is jócskán benne vannak

II. János Pál pápa

Luki_SL, SRC_100, Nordic20T, roata, Ultra84 and 1 others liked this post
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 02:01 AM   #6636
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Why did they close the "Linguistic issues...." thread?!

Anyway, here's one from a touristy spot of Budapest. Official traffic signs in Hungary rarely contain English translations.

Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 03:19 AM   #6637
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Some kind of car wash point/service?
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 05:33 AM   #6638
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

they sound like jerks to make tow away zone no stopping for the street sweeper!
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 06:25 AM   #6639
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
they sound like jerks to make tow away zone no stopping for the street sweeper!
What?!? Of course cars which block the street sweeper should be towed.
Old December 29th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #6640
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Back to topic please
Did something changed on MO since November 2013?
Here is a video:
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways