daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 3rd, 2015, 01:03 AM   #6681
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What about a motorway from northwestern Hungary to Balaton? I think that would benefit tourism, but I'm not sure how problematic the roads are to Balaton. I don't recall seeing a serious proposal for a motorway from Győr to Veszprém
@ChrisZwolle, I `ve seen once plans for such a road some time ago (in this thread probably), probably 2x2 but not sure.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post
Any plans for new road (e.g. any kind of expressway) between Komarom and Szekesfehervar (M7) ? I remember that there has been some idea of such a road in long term plan...
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2015, 02:32 AM   #6682
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtybinka View Post
If M86 goes to Szombathely wouldn`t be better to connect M86 with Austrian A2
that goes to Graz ?
That will be M9, but as I said, trucks try to avoid Austria, because it has expensive tolls.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:17 AM   #6683
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What about a motorway from northwestern Hungary to Balaton? I think that would benefit tourism, but I'm not sure how problematic the roads are to Balaton.
Vague ideas for this type of motorway already came up in the late 1980's (in the form of a "Southern Motorway" IIRC, from the Austrian border embracing the Balaton lake and then continuing somewhere to the Alföld or even Debrecen). Unfortunately, nothing of this has materialized up to date.

Roads to Balaton:
Main Road 84 from the border is of fair quality overall, main problem is (depending on the time) the amount of traffic. Also, a great number of villages lies on its way which slows down your ride even when otherwise traffic is fine. Especially in the tourist season, there are always traffic cops watching out for speeders in some of these.
Outside build-up areas, you can drive at decent speed depending on traffic flow (interception by cops much less likely). In the dark, though, one has to consider game crossing the road, unlit bicycles and (especially near or in villages) drunkards walking on the road.

The above also applies for other roads than 84, which may be of lesser quality.

Summa summarum: a motorway from the border to the lake would turn the ride faster and much safer. The current road, of course, offers many interesting stops for tourists (restaurants, watermelon vendors, souvenir shops, etc).
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 12:41 PM   #6684
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

I found an official map two years ago showing the planned projects 2011-16, 2017-20, 2021-24 and 2025-27. It's no longer available (I guess because it's canceled).

It was called "A gyorsforgalmi és fóúthálózat hosszú távú fejlesztési programjának négy ciklusba tartozó fejlesztései". You can find the map on page 13 of this document (red = motorway (Autopalya), yellow = expressway (Autoút), olive = main road (=dual carriageway?) (Kiemelt föút), lime = road (föút), black = road which has been built in a previous cycle)

M8 Austria - Körmend - Veszprem was planned to be completed by 2027.
M81(?) Komarom - Kisber - Szekesfehervar was planned to be completed by 2027.
M86 Mosonmagyaróvár - Csorna was part of the 2025-27 cycle.
M85 Sopron - Csnorna was also part of the 2025-27 cycle.
M86 Szombathely - M7 @ southern end of Lake Balaton was part of 2017-20 cycle.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 07:38 PM   #6685
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Roads to Balaton:
The national road No.84 is certainly not bad. And some progress has been achieved in recent years - for example the bypass of Sárvár. IMO, the first step is to complete the motorway A3 from Austria (Siegendorf - Klingenbach) and M85 motorway - the section Sopron - Kopháza - Hagycenk. Even if there is the bypass-road in Sopron (road No.84) the drive between Klingenbach and the junction in Nagycenk (84 x 85) goes really slowly.....
And there is partially parallel motorway S31 in Austria (to Oberpullendorf).
Anyway it is definitely not only about the route to Balaton in this region, there are many interesting and nice places for tourists (as well as many industrial investment from Austria etc.):
a)Sopron,
b)Fertoed/Esterháza - castle,
c)Neusiedler See (Fertoe) - national park,
d)Nagycenk - Szechényi castle
e)Balf - spa
f)Buek - spa
g)Kapuvár - spa
h)Sárvár - spa
i)Koeszeg
j)Szombathely etc.
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 09:01 PM   #6686
hdn

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNI View Post
guys, thx for all your support and explanations:

one question: are there any news regarding M30 to the north [Poland/Slovakia]?
as far as I remember there was something in the plans regarding connection to Slovakian R4 at the border as well bypasses of Szikszo and Forro
Two months ago Foreign Minister said that Miskolc - border section of M30 will be built till 2020. The first phase of it also appeared in Official Gazette, as a planned project which will start after 01. 01. 2015, but with 2x1 lanes only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNI View Post
last year I have seen something is under construction in Miskolc North / nearby Auchan ? what's this ?
It will be a bypass road for Miskolc, from the (current) end of M30 to road 26. As a part of the project, they also completely rebuilt the road from 3/37 roundabout till M30 with a new intersection, which is already opened. You can find pictures about that on Nemzeti Infrastruktúra Fejlesztő's (National Infrastructure Developer) Facebook page. (I'm sorry, unfortunately I can't link it, because my post count is under 10, therefore I have restrictions for posting links and pictures)
hdn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 10:16 PM   #6687
i15

Likes (Received): 612

northeastern bypass of Miskolc is visilble on google maps. New connection between M30 and road 3 is in operation

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.1193.../data=!3m1!1e3
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 10:26 PM   #6688
Adayafter

Likes (Received): 833

Is M15 (from Rajka) to M1 toll section? And what about M1 from 166 km to 160 km?
Adayafter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:23 PM   #6689
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
northeastern bypass of Miskolc is visilble on google maps. New connection between M30 and road 3 is in operation

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.1193.../data=!3m1!1e3
Hungary should complete M30.Slovakia finished one section of R4 and now there is a gap between Kosice and Budapest.When we can expect M30 completed?

Adayafter liked this post
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:43 PM   #6690
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adayafter View Post
Is M15 (from Rajka) to M1 toll section? And what about M1 from 166 km to 160 km?
Yes. It was toll-section for trucks and buses. Since 1st January it has been toll-road for passenger cars too. M15+M1.
Toll-free option - the junction Jarovce D2.sk - national road 2.sk (option via Jarovce)- Rusovce - old border crossing Rajka /not for truck/ - national road 15.hu - Rajka - Bezenye - Mosonmagyarovar - national roads 1 or 86.

Adayafter liked this post
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 10:52 AM   #6691
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 13996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
Hungary should complete M30.Slovakia finished one section of R4 and now there is a gap between Kosice and Budapest.When we can expect M30 completed?
Well, sooner or later we should build all the planned sections you can see here on the Wiki map:

However there are priorities. First we need to connect all big towns and create the most important international connections. On the 13th page of this document (first linked here by MichiH) you can see that most of the M30 is scheduled to be completed by 2020.

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 11:24 AM   #6692
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcee View Post
On the 13th page of this document (first linked here by MichiH) you can see that most of the M30 is scheduled to be completed by 2020.
Well, I think the document is out-dated. Your map from September 2013 contains less roads. M30 only 2+1.
Old January 4th, 2015, 11:57 AM   #6693
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Well, I think the document is out-dated. Your map from September 2013 contains less roads. M30 only 2+1.
It's the same if you look at the color codes.* M30 has the color yellow in the upper right map of the 13th page of the document indicating that it will be an expressway.

*Note that the document also listed main roads and roads, not only motorways and expressways.

Demigod of DLM
Old January 4th, 2015, 12:03 PM   #6694
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

I find it strange that there is no plan for an expressway between Gyor and Veszprem. A plan like that I think it would help M0 and M1 between Budapest and Gyor as some international trafic between Wien and SE Europe could by-pass Budapest easier.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 12:48 PM   #6695
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

A lot of things needs to be done.M8 and M9 are the longest motorways here.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 01:17 PM   #6696
MichiH

Most of M8 (b/n M7-M6-M5-M4) should feature 2+1 only by 2027. I guess it will be the 1st carriageway with space reservation for a future 2nd carriageway?!?
M9 (from Austria -M86-M7-M6-M5 to Szeged) should be 2x2 expressway/motorway by 2027 but a 40km gap west of Szeged will still remain.
Old January 4th, 2015, 01:33 PM   #6697
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

I think we should keep these in mind (the maps are from 2011, the first shows total traffic, the second only shows truck traffic):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
Szerintem, itt is szívesen fogadjátok, ha már az Index fórumában is:

1. Szumma forgalom 2011.

2. Nehéz gépjármű forgalom 2011.

Demigod of DLM
Old January 4th, 2015, 01:57 PM   #6698
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcee View Post
I think we should keep these in mind (the maps are from 2011, the first shows total traffic, the second only shows truck traffic):
Thanks. But the map does not show the traffic flow. Why do M5 and M7 have so much traffic?
a) M5 because of traffic Austria/Budapest --> Serbia/Romania and M7 because of traffic Budapest/Ukraine/Slovakia --> Slovenia/Croatia
b) M5 and M7 because of traffic Romania --> Slovenia/Croatia

If b), M8 and M9 both would be "urgent".......

Well, I guess it's a mix but how much traffic is caused by b)?

The orange range is hugh (8,000-20,000 vehicles/day). I think 15,000-20,000 would justify a high priority for a motorway, 8,000-12,000 not.
Old January 4th, 2015, 02:21 PM   #6699
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

I couldn't find any maps regarding that, so I can only give you my opinion based on these maps and my personal experiences.
The most dominant corridor is the M1-M0-M5. Traffic coming from Ukraine and Eastern Slovakia is not comparable to this, not to mention the Rom -> Hr/Slo route.

Anyway just for the sake of fun I can give you some other maps. These are a bit older* and show modeled traffic but these also provide more details:

red: domestic cars and small trucks
yellow: foreign cars and small trucks
green: domestic trucks
blue: foreign trucks

One about the trucks

orange: domestic small trucks (under 12 t)
green: domestic big trucks
yellow: foreign small trucks
blue: foreign big trucks

*You can assume that e.g. traffic from Romania has increased during the last 7 years

Demigod of DLM

MichiH liked this post

Last edited by nbcee; January 4th, 2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old January 4th, 2015, 02:56 PM   #6700
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

As a roumanian I used both M5 and M3 to get to Wien. When I needed to get in Zagreb I have used M5->M7 but also I've used Belgrade -> Zagreb.
So almost everytime I have to get to M0, which is not great (the southern route through Hungary I never used but also it wasn't recommended as a valid solution).

Only once I went Gyor -> Dunaujvaros -> Kecskemet and although it wasn't bad, I haven't repeated that.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways