daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 14th, 2015, 12:12 AM   #6941
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

I remember that I was on the EU lane few years ago. Believe it or not, after 5 hrs of queues, the police man told me to go out and get in the non-EU line.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2015, 01:25 AM   #6942
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
Sorry for stepping in, but I have a question. Can I use the EU lane at the Röszke border if my wife is an EU citizen and is a passager with me ?
I am Non-EU. I guess its a bit faster on this lane.
Yes, you can because in Rószke nobody cares about labels
My experiences are such that 8/10 of cases the no-EU line is faster, especially when you leaving Hungary.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 12:23 PM   #6943
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 12:36 PM   #6944
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Sorry for stepping in, but I have a question. Can I use the EU lane at the Röszke border if my wife is an EU citizen and is a passager with me ?
I am Non-EU. I guess its a bit faster on this lane.
Strictly speaking, no - unless you have a EU (or EEA, or CH) residence permit. Or if you're from one of the European microstates (such as AND or RSM).

But in reality, no-one cares. Everyone is checked at Roszke thoroughly anyway, and there are always plenty of non-EU cars in the EU line.

One small point - there is no "non-EU" line at the Schengen border - it's either EU or All Passports. The UK (and Ireland, I think...) still maintains the distinction.

One place where I've seen the EU/All Passports distinction strictly controlled is on the Polish/Ukrainian border. They are *very* strict about pedestrians crossing in the right place there, but I suppose conditions on the land border mirror airports.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 09:31 PM   #6945
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
According to the German language Wikipedia, the environmental impact assessment for the second carriageway of the M15 has been completed and construction is scheduled to be completed by October 2018.
The wikipedia article refers to an Hungarian news article from 13th November 2014. Construction works should begin in 2016 at the earliest. The construction deadline is or should be 31st October 2018.

Can anyone confirm? Any updated info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
M60: Keszü – Pecs 1.8km (January 2014 to June 2015) [1st c/w] – ? – map

I found a news article (12th June 2015) about M60 and M6 extension to Croatia. The planning procedure is delayed. Anyway, there is also a note about the u/c M60 section:

Quote:
Várhatóan júliusban vehetik birtokba az autósok a kertvárosi elkerülőt. Lényegében a most Pécs határában véget érő sztráda meghosszabbításáról van szó, az 58-as út és a Kökényi út között. A szakaszból egy kilométeren kétszer két sávon haladhat majd a forgalom, akár százharmincas tempóval is. A további részeken száz kilométer lesz a megengedett legnagyobb sebesség. Az út használatáért fizetniük kell majd az autósoknak.

Google translated:
Expected in July, motorists can take possession of the suburban side. In essence, the extension of the boundary of Pecs is now ending highway is between the 58th and sloes road trip. The one kilometer stage will pass twice in two lanes of traffic, up to one hundred thirty-tempo as well. The other parts will be hundreds of kilometers to the speed limit. The road will have to pay for the use of the motorists.
News article from 13th July 2015: "road practically finished, although the date of the transfer is not yet known."

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 11:02 PM   #6946
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

moved to Border Crossings thread.

Last edited by Corvinus; July 16th, 2015 at 11:12 PM.
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 11:07 PM   #6947
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 13997

Interesting, but what's the connection between this and motorways?

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 11:11 PM   #6948
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12035

When you finish constructing your motorways in the country, you can start building barbed wired walls. Romania cannot into barbed wired walls for a long time.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 11:14 PM   #6949
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcee View Post
Interesting, but what's the connection between this and motorways?
Nothing of course ... I moved it to the correct thread. Roads leading to the border will not be affected by the fence ...
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2015, 06:03 PM   #6950
tfd543

When is M0 widening between M1 and M7 supposed to finish ?
Old July 18th, 2015, 06:26 PM   #6951
bogdymol
bogdymod

On Thursay I saw that they are pretty advanced there. In a few months should be done, but after that the old carriageway should get a refresh.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2015, 03:48 PM   #6952
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

I was recently in Southwestern Hungary, traveling between Keszthely and Körmend, via Zalaegerszeg. I noticed construction on main road 76 between Hegyhátsál and Körmend, should be finished this year from what I could tell.

I know that this is not directly linked to motorways but could anyone tell me when this section should be finished and if the rest of 76 between Hegyhátsál and Zalaegerszeg will also be modernized?

My 2nd question concerns M8 and M9: Is there news about construction of these motorways? I think Austrian S7 is being built until 2021 and M8 was planned to be built at the same time between the border and Körmend? Is this still true?

Regarding M9: Any new info?
Old July 21st, 2015, 07:14 PM   #6953
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
When is M0 widening between M1 and M7 supposed to finish ?
I'm replying once more with 2 pictures that I took on Sunday, on M0, just before the junction with M1. Traffic is going on the old M0, but you can see the new signs:

What does "Gyürü" mean? Ring-road?

Today I noticed on Facebook a post by NIF:

Quote:
FORGALOMTERELÉS LESZ MA ESTE AZ M0, M1-M7 KÖZÖTTI SZAKASZÁN
Ma 20:00 órától a Hegyeshalom felé tartó forgalmat több hullámban 15-20 perces teljes pályazár mellett, rendőri felvezetéssel tereljük át az elkészült, betonburkolatú új bal pályára. A törökbálinti bevásárlóközpontnál a csomópontot újra megnyitjuk, így holnap reggeltől használható lesz. A bal pálya forgalomba helyezését követően megkezdődik a leromlott állapotú, nyomvályús jobb pálya korszerűsítése az M7 csomópontig. További információkért kövesse a Nemzeti Infrastruktúra Fejlesztő Zrt. oldalát!

Google Translate:
THE TRAFFIC tonight M0, M1 and M7 section between
Today at 20:00 towards the Hegyeshalom traffic in several waves at a 15-20 minute full pályazár, felvezetéssel divert police at the ready, a new concrete path left. The Törökbálint expand the shopping center open again, so tomorrow morning will be used. M7 junction of the run-down, rutted tracks right after entry into the modernization of the left carriageway starts. Follow the National Infrastructure Development Corporation. For more information side!

And 2 pictures:

From my understanding, today in the evening traffic will be moved onto the new carriageway, while the old one will get a refurbishment. Does anyone know how long will take the reparations of the old carriageway?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2015, 07:20 PM   #6954
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
What does "Gyürü" mean? Ring-road?
Nearly correct. Google Translator says "wedding ring"

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Verso, SRC_100, Adayafter liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2015, 07:42 PM   #6955
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

Hungarian is one of those languages where Google Translate can't always make a clear translation.

Translating it to other languages is even worse. (Google Translate always translates language A via English to language B, that's why I always use Google Translate in English).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2015, 07:42 PM   #6956
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11821

it means both. Of course in this case it means "ring road".
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 01:03 AM   #6957
tfd543

Oh yea hungarian. Too many dots on their letters. First you have to analyze these before you can read the words (no offense, just funny)
Old July 22nd, 2015, 08:44 AM   #6958
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

The diacritics are too common in Magyar as for me. Anyway it resembles Tatars' language. My cousin tried Hungarian. Even international words are somehow different. She gave up in 1.5 months
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 08:32 PM   #6959
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11821

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
Even international words are somehow different.
Why use foreign words, when we have good ol' magyar? "Könyvtár" means library. "Könyv" (book) + "tár" (storage) = Könyvtár (bookstorage). "Étterem" -> Restaurant. "Ét" (meal) + "terem" (hall) = Étterem (mealhall).

Simple as that.

nbcee, definitivo liked this post
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2015, 09:09 PM   #6960
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 13997

Quote:
Oh yea hungarian. Too many dots on their letters. First you have to analyze these before you can read the words (no offense, just funny)
Try Vietnamese

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM

Verso, sponge_bob, x-type liked this post
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways