daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 16th, 2015, 09:37 PM   #7041
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11830

Google update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
Frissített a Google!

SRC_100 liked this post
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2015, 10:20 AM   #7042
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Hungary will build a barbed-wire wall on the border with Romania too.
That wall will be interrupted at the border checkpoints where people will be able to cross legally the frontier.

Israel has a wall of concrete of 8m height on some sectors of its frontier:

USA has a fence on some hundreds kilometers at the border with Mexico:

Last edited by danielstan; September 17th, 2015 at 10:25 AM.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 03:26 PM   #7043
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
M85/M86 grand opening today!
With the missing 3,7 kms of M85 between Kóny and Csorna/East, and the newly opened 12,5 kms of M86, bypassing the city of Csorna will finally be possible from all directions, except from/to Sopron.

http://www.nyugat.hu/tartalom/kep/392418

http://www.nyugat.hu/tartalom/cikk/m...lkerulo_atadas
I tried to figure out the subsections of Csorna bypass. The 3.7km section is directly continued, so I extended it by 2.1km (12.5km minus 10.4km M86 length). Do you know the official names of the interchanges?

M85: Csorna-East (M86) – Kony 5.8km (June 2013 to 9th September 2015) – ? – map
M86: Szilsarkany – north of Csorna-East (M85) 9.3km (June 2013 to 9th September 2015) – ? – map
M86: north of Csorna-East (M85) – north of Csorna 1.1km (June 2013 to 9th September 2015) [1st c/w] – ? – map

Quote:
The missing sections of M85 to Sopron are scheduled to open in 2018.
Your map shows a 4.4km red section. According to GM and OSM, the green extension to M86 is not yet opened and not yet u/c, so it should be this:

M85: Farad – Csorna-South (M86) 5.5km (Fall 2016 to Spring 2018) [2nd c/w] – ? – map

Are the other sections still on schedule?

M86: Szeleste – Hegyfalu 7.5km (October 2013 to October 2015) – ? – map
M86: Hegyfalu – Szilsarkany 33.4km (October 2013 to November 2016) – ? – map

What's about M4 construction, still suspended?

M4: Abony – Törökszentmiklos 28.9km (October 2013 to suspended) – projectmap

Are there more Hungarian motorway or expressway sections u/c or expected to begin "soon" (2015/16)?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 04:05 PM   #7044
John Maynard
BANNED

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
That wall will be interrupted at the border checkpoints where people will be able to cross legally the frontier.

USA has a fence on some hundreds kilometers at the border with Mexico:
All right then! Let's start building 8 meters high concrete walls with observation towers and sniper guards behind them, high-tech detectors and cameras all along, razor barbed wire fences and deep ditches between all EU member states, so that only "legal residents with proper papers" can pass . Seems to me like the beginning of the end of the Schengen Agreement and "European Spirit" has just started .
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 06:34 PM   #7045
i15

Likes (Received): 613

I support your prime minister, but please dont discuss this bullshit here

JackFrost, idnaidna liked this post
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 08:20 PM   #7046
John Maynard
BANNED

Then, what will be the impact on traffic when Hungary will finish to built this new "iron curtain" along its border with another EU member, I am sure they will reinforce border controls for Romania as well? Which, btw. will enter Schengen Area very soon, will they withdraw this "sharp barbed wire wall" and stop "non-stop" controls on the roads as soon as this happens? These are some legitimate questions for this topic as well.
Old September 17th, 2015, 08:22 PM   #7047
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 14005

Relax, it will only go from the tripoint to the Maros/Mures river.

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 09:19 PM   #7048
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

It's going to be a bit longer, according to your FM.

BTW: I agree with Hungary's stance on the migrant (not refugee) crisis, because it is defending the EU treaties, although it cannot unfukc what Merkel has ....ed up. And I find Mr soon-to-be convict Ponta a dumb-fukc idiot for stirring an artificial diplomatic conflict with Hungary over the wall, so please do not judge us according to his idiocy. We will soon enjoy his dumb face behind bars.

I also agree that traffic between Romania and Hungary will not be affected as long as migrant routes will not go through Romania and then Hungary. And this wall may just deflect such routes.
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Corvinus liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; September 17th, 2015 at 09:25 PM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 09:24 PM   #7049
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
That wall is not to stop people from crossing. Israel has erected a concrete wall only along the approximately 5% of its frontier where terrorists were routinely firing rifles across the border into towns.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 09:27 PM   #7050
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maynard View Post
Then, what will be the impact on traffic when Hungary will finish to built this new "iron curtain" along its border with another EU member, I am sure they will reinforce border controls for Romania as well? Which, btw. will enter Schengen Area very soon, will they withdraw this "sharp barbed wire wall" and stop "non-stop" controls on the roads as soon as this happens? These are some legitimate questions for this topic as well.
Romania will not enter Schengen by 2020, at earliest.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 11:06 PM   #7051
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maynard View Post
Romania has no chance of Schengen accession in the near future - perhaps air borders, but road borders opening are a long, long way away.

There won't be any impact on traffic because people should only be crossing at approved crossings anyway, and I don't think there are any places where unofficial crossings are tolerated by vehicular traffic. Schengen also doesn't stop Hungary from having fences along the border - the only obligation from Schengen is that physical controls are stopped at border crossings. If they want to have a huge fence along most of the border, then they can.

For instance, Poland and the Czech Republic don't allow people to freely cross the border in the Karkonosze National Park, and I'm pretty sure most of Tatry is off-limits for off-trail crossing as well.

Having said this, I'm pretty sure it's just a reminder to Romania to control the border properly and there won't be any need for such things.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 11:23 PM   #7052
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18780

Quote:
Google update
Yep, that's me who drew most of this, but work is still unfinished. The Google employees from India are not very helpful. See how they connected northern section of M86 to the old 85 because they are lacking recent satellite imagery

And shame on you Hungarians for not having these motorways already drawn in Google Map Maker before

Quote:
In Poland blessing new roads (and other new constructions) is a common practice as well.
It's not. At least when it comes to motorways. I can't remember the last time a motorway was blessed by a priest. Probably over 8 years ago. There are also no ribbon-cutting ceremonies.
It happens on local roads, though.
Kemo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2015, 03:40 AM   #7053
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

Szombathely should also get new eastern bypass from Balogunyom and current M86/fő-út 87 junction. It would make shorter route and avoid some traffic lights and railroad crossing on so-called current bypass.
Old September 18th, 2015, 01:29 PM   #7054
John Maynard
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Romania has no chance of Schengen accession in the near future - perhaps air borders, but road borders opening are a long, long way away.

There won't be any impact on traffic because people should only be crossing at approved crossings anyway, and I don't think there are any places where unofficial crossings are tolerated by vehicular traffic. Schengen also doesn't stop Hungary from having fences along the border - the only obligation from Schengen is that physical controls are stopped at border crossings. If they want to have a huge fence along most of the border, then they can.

For instance, Poland and the Czech Republic don't allow people to freely cross the border in the Karkonosze National Park, and I'm pretty sure most of Tatry is off-limits for off-trail crossing as well.

Having said this, I'm pretty sure it's just a reminder to Romania to control the border properly and there won't be any need for such things.
Thank you for your clarifications.

Yes, Romania will not enter Schengen soon, even if they were "supposed" to be already in .

Also, I suggest to continue this discussion in the "International border crossing" thread > http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...43111&page=684
Old September 18th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #7055
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I tried to figure out the subsections of Csorna bypass. The 3.7km section is directly continued, so I extended it by 2.1km (12.5km minus 10.4km M86 length). Do you know the official names of the interchanges?

M85: Csorna-East (M86) – Kony 5.8km (June 2013 to 9th September 2015) – ? – map
M86: Szilsarkany – north of Csorna-East (M85) 9.3km (June 2013 to 9th September 2015) – ? – map
M86: north of Csorna-East (M85) – north of Csorna 1.1km (June 2013 to 9th September 2015) [1st c/w] – ? – map
No, sorry, I had no chance to drive there yet. But maybe wikipedia helps:

https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/M85-%C...yarorsz%C3%A1g)
https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/M86-os...yarorsz%C3%A1g)

Quote:
Your map shows a 4.4km red section. According to GM and OSM, the green extension to M86 is not yet opened and not yet u/c, so it should be this:

M85: Farad – Csorna-South (M86) 5.5km (Fall 2016 to Spring 2018) [2nd c/w] – ? – map
I dont know anything about Farád-Csorna, but it surely will be part of M85, not M86. Originally it was planned to construct it with Csorna bypass, but I guess it was put into the project Csorna-Pereszteg which should be constructed by 2018.

Quote:
Are the other sections still on schedule?

M86: Szeleste – Hegyfalu 7.5km (October 2013 to October 2015) – ? – map
M86: Hegyfalu – Szilsarkany 33.4km (October 2013 to November 2016) – ? – map
Yes, everything is on schedule. Section Hegyfalu-Szeleste was put into service today. NIF also confirmed today that with Csorna-Hegyfalu everything is going according to plan, and should be ready in summer 2016.

Quote:
What's about M4 construction, still suspended?

M4: Abony – Törökszentmiklos 28.9km (October 2013 to suspended) – projectmap
Yes, still suspended. Most probably they will "transform" it to a 2x2 expressway between Budapest and Szolnok.

Quote:
Are there more Hungarian motorway or expressway sections u/c or expected to begin "soon" (2015/16)?
I really dont know what projects will begin the earliest. There are so many informations, and so many changes all the time. Today it was announced in Szombathely that M87 will be constructed (to connect with Austrian S31). Nobody said anyting about an M87 road until now.

Pictures of M86 Szeleste-Hegyfalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
Ezt nagyon titokban tartották, a hivatalos kormányzati naptárban sem szerepelt az átadás. (Gondolom Hende kegyvesztett lett.)

ÁTADTUK AZ M86 ÚJABB SZAKASZÁT SZELESTE ÉS HEGYFALU KÖZÖTT

http://www.facebook.com/nifzrt

Aladar, MichiH, rudiwien, SRC_100, Moravian liked this post
Old September 18th, 2015, 08:14 PM   #7056
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19404

Looks nice. Too bad they don't pave the shoulders entirely, how much money would the save?

By the way, most Facebook URLs containing an '?' will disappear after they're not cached anymore.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2015, 08:25 PM   #7057
John Maynard
BANNED

FMPOV, any motorway without a proper paved hard shoulder looks like a 1930's Reichsautobahn (tunnels and bridges excepted).

FYI, in France many new autoroutes are substandard despite being tolled: no hard shoulder or very tiny one, 2X1 or 2+1 sections, very short and sharp exits/entrances, etc.

Btw., what is the expected daily traffic flow on this section of M86?
Old September 18th, 2015, 08:38 PM   #7058
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Looks nice. Too bad they don't pave the shoulders entirely, how much money would the save?
I dont know how much money they save, but yes, its too bad. I still have my hopes that they pave the shoulders someday. According to new informations M85 Pereszteg-Sopron should have paved shoulders. What happens if not, can be seen here. Natures takes over:

Old September 18th, 2015, 09:26 PM   #7059
John Maynard
BANNED

Found "UNECE TEM motorway standards and recommended practice" which are for cross section:

- At least 2 X 3,75 M width lanes on each carriageway, in exceptional cases 3,5 M.
- At least 4 M median.
- At least 3 M hard shoulder, in which 2,5 M paved.

Link: http://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/t...EM-Std-Ed3.pdf (p. 17-22).

It's clear that many new "motorways" does not meet these criteria.

So, I would ask what define today an European motorway? What are the minimal requirements for a road to be posted as such? Probably, each country in EU has its own minimal standards, in Hungary?

As a curiosity, S3/S6 in Poland looks not that bad for a nearly 80 years old motorway :
Old September 18th, 2015, 09:27 PM   #7060
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Oh, how tall he is (the basketball player in this team)!
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways