daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 28th, 2015, 05:55 AM   #7141
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
In my opinion - 2023 opening date. M4 to Croatia will be opened sooner
Si tacuissem philosophum mansissem

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

SRC_100 liked this post
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2015, 11:01 AM   #7142
i15

Likes (Received): 612

many questions remain unanswered here. instead of correcting typos, you can post some actual plans and realistic deadlines
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 07:52 PM   #7143
Fooxx67

Likes (Received): 58

why is Hungary more interested to finish M3 to Ukraine (almost done) and forgot Slovakia direction? is more trafic/bussines there?
Fooxx67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 08:33 PM   #7144
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11821

EU money is the reason. Pan-European corridors are funded very well from Brussels -even if there is no traffic on it.

definitivo, nbcee, winnipeg, Fooxx67 liked this post
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 09:47 AM   #7145
Zipacna

Likes (Received): 157

It would be nice if Hungarians could finish M30 to the Slovakian border.
I hope it can be done till 2019.
This section remains very important for tourists from Lithuania, Poland and Slovakia.

winnipeg liked this post
Zipacna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 11:18 AM   #7146
JackFrost
Hun Solo

I dont think M30 has priority, but I would definately make M2 a proper motor/expressway from Budapest to SK border. As a matter of fact it will be widened to 2x2 lanes until Vác in the upcoming years.

However, I would like to note that Hungary does a quite good job servicing north <-> south directions unlike our nothern neighbor. So maybe some inputs from Slovakia, Poland and Lithuania would help this issue. How is via Baltica doing by the way?
Old December 29th, 2015, 12:07 PM   #7147
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Well Via Baltica in Poland is progressing slowly, with only 14 km of expwy u/c and another 14 done. The rest has only DSU, so no sooner than 2022 in best case.
Waiting for motorway u/c in Slovakia...
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 04:31 PM   #7148
Zipacna

Via Baltica (in Poland) has got a big chance to move from concept phase to reality. Last days we witnessed government change in Poland, that fact seem to have a big influence on the way the major transport routes are being planned.

The S19 express road, section Lublin-Rzeszow, is really close to building phase (opened auctions for bulding companies).

Another section Rzeszów-Barwinek (Slovakian Border) is considered to be moved to the next phase - it will propably be placed in the state strategy for next 4 years.
Former government was saying "it was't important enough". They put all their efforts to finish routes West-East.
Old December 29th, 2015, 04:38 PM   #7149
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipacna View Post
M30
This section remains very important for tourists from Lithuania, Poland and Slovakia.

Come on! Don`t be ridiculous. There is nice path of road - some with 110km/h speed limits. Low traffic so it`s enough for long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
I dont think M30 has priority, but I would definately make M2 a proper motor/expressway from Budapest to SK border. As a matter of fact it will be widened to 2x2 lanes until Vác in the upcoming years.
I agree, M2 is one of the most important road in the country now to build it from Sahy (BC) to M3 as 2x2 expressway/motorway.

Quote:
However, I would like to note that Hungary does a quite good job servicing north <-> south directions unlike our nothern neighbor.
It`s necessary to upgrade M15 to 2x2 profile imo.

Quote:
How is via Baltica doing by the way?
S19 & S61 -take a look below
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
Well Via Baltica in Poland is progressing slowly, with only 14 km of expwy u/c and another 14 done. The rest has only DSU, so no sooner than 2022 in best case.
you are wrong as usual, take a look map - S19 & S61 - what is the most important from polish point of view will be done to 2020. Others are not priority because of low AADT

JackFrost liked this post
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #7150
satanism

Likes (Received): 5493

M15 is a real shame for Hungary.... what kind of a country can't finish a 12km 2/3 - done motorway, servicing huge traffic from North Europe in so many years?
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.
satanism está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 04:51 PM   #7151
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post
It`s necessary to upgrade M15 to 2x2 profile imo.
Will be done between 2017 and 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanism View Post
M15 is a real shame for Hungary.... what kind of a country can't finish a 12km 2/3 - done motorway, servicing huge traffic from North Europe in so many years?
I agree. But the real schame is M70: a 20 km road of which 9 kms are actually full profile 2x2 with hard shoulder. I mean this is really crazy. Who the hell planned this road? Fortunately all 3 of our "shames", M2, M15, M70, will be upgraded until 2019.

SRC_100, Verso liked this post
Old December 29th, 2015, 05:02 PM   #7152
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

I saw it and talked about S61 only. S19 has DSU to Rzeszow, where about 15 km are u/c at western and eastern side. Then S19 is on tender to Lublin(started in October), then a few km of bypass is u/c. Then I don't know the course of the road till S61. There it has the state I mentioned. The reason of telling the previous stats is because GDDKIA doesn't show S19 as Via Baltica. Anyway no sooner than 2022(my accounts based: 2016 tender started, 2017 awarded(some sections 2018) and about 5 years to construct everything, if there are no delays(some sections definitely open later)). If the government stays in place by the date I told a few posts ago then any person living in Podkarpackie will easily be transported to Lithuania. The weak side is SK however, as plans to build motorway from Presov to border are only at the very early stage, so it is a long while that any motorway or expressway will be opened there. Certainly no sense leaving M30 to Miskolc only

Fooxx67, Zipacna liked this post
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2015, 11:31 AM   #7153
Zipacna

[QUOTE=SRC_100;129640469]
Quote:
Come on! Don`t be ridiculous. There is nice path of road - some with 110km/h speed limits. Low traffic so it`s enough for long time.

Nice path? Have you been there recently?
How could you say sth like this?
This section is in very bad condition, it used to be a "fast path" a view years ago...
Old December 30th, 2015, 08:08 PM   #7154
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

From the 1st of January, the M43 motorway section between the Makó junction and the border, as well as the M85 expressway will become tolled for passenger cars.

This is the only change in the e-sticker system for the next year, according to the Ministry of National Development. On the M9 and M86 expressways, with no tolls due for passenger cars, no change is expected for 2016. Also, toll sticker prices remain unchanged, including for trucks.

Current stickers with yearly validity allow using the tolled motorway and expressway network till the end of January (as it is customary in other countries, e.g. Austria or Switzerland).
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2015, 08:32 PM   #7155
bogdymol
bogdymod

M43 will not be free between the border and the first exit (Nagylak)?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2015, 08:41 PM   #7156
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

The communication explicitly states "Makó - state border", without giving more details, thus I presume it will be tolled from the very border line.

(that would be very comparable to the Austrian A4 where police were regularly fishing for Hungarian motorists that wanted to save sticker expenses when getting off at the first exit in Nickelsdorf. Police accepted no excuses.)
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2015, 08:48 PM   #7157
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Austrians are screwing Hungarians, Hungarians will screw Romanians too....... Hell, what will happen to Bulgarians?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

SRC_100 liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2015, 10:53 PM   #7158
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
M43 will not be free between the border and the first exit (Nagylak)?
Since 2015 all the motorways in Hungary are tolled, even between the border and the first exit (up to 2014 the last sections before / first sections after the border were free, but the policy changed in 2015).
Attus está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2015, 11:20 PM   #7159
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
From the 1st of January, the M43 motorway section between the Makó junction and the border, as well as the M85 expressway will become tolled for passenger cars.
What a shit*y idea!!

That what normal that if you are going to Mako or any city right after the border, you won't have to pay as if you go through the old border control, you have to make something like 10km more and go through the tremendously long cities like Magyarcsanád and Apátfalva and going through those cities is annoying for the inhabitants and put an higher risk of accidents on them...

So, well I will say it much more "softer" than how I'm thinking it, but if it's confirmed, I will let Hungary where they are and will probably take more time inside Romania or Serbia for example than being conned in this way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Since 2015 all the motorways in Hungary are tolled, even between the border and the first exit (up to 2014 the last sections before / first sections after the border were free, but the policy changed in 2015).
No, it was free until Mako, the cars that were controlling if you have the e-vignette where only placed after this junction...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2015, 12:23 AM   #7160
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 13997

If you plan to visit Makó regurarly I suggest purchasing a "county vignette" for Csongrád county.

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM

winnipeg liked this post
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways