daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 2nd, 2016, 11:29 AM   #7181
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
It's always an issue. In not so rich nations, like Hungary, even more. Not only at the borders but in the middle of the country, too. There are quite many motorists and many trucks that avoid using the motorways in order not to pay tolls. Then residents of the nearby towns are angry: there is the new motorway and traffic still flows in front of their houses.
It is sometimes "funny": in Hungary when a new motorway is built, politicians usually do not say that it will be great for motorists but that it will be great for residents of towns along the old national road because heavy traffic will not more flow in front of their houses. It seems so that motorways in Hungary are built in order to make national roads relaxed and not for motorists.
It's a big big problem in "richer" countries too, for example like we have in France, national and departemental roads are destroyed by huge traffic of trucks that most of the times are avoiding motorways because of it's price, but this is a huge problem...

And this is why the french government had the idea (very great in my opinion) to put an "ecotax" on our roads so trucks would have to pay taxes when they are not using motorway. It was logical so that people who are destroying roads should pay more for it...

The government had a huge contract with a company to manage this system, and 2 years ago most of the control instruments were installed and the system was getting ready...... until some professions linked with road transportation made some huge strikes (especially in Britany) and finaly government decided to reconsider the tax, and they abandoned it...

Finaly the contract with the company has been broken and we lost some 800 millions € with this big big disaster, one big big waste of money... And the "funny" thing about all this is that finaly the governement choosed to tax more fuels to cover this (and so everyone would pay for it... ).

Sorry if it's a bit off-topic, but it might be interresting to see what has been made in other europeans countries about this particular problem!

Attus, mcarling, piotr71 liked this post
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2016, 06:56 PM   #7182
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1186

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
Sorry if it's a bit off-topic, but it might be interresting to see what has been made in other europeans countries about this particular problem!
In Spain, the government tried to ban all trucks from normal roads if there was a parallel tolled motorway, while offering attractive discounts in exchange (50% or more). The first proposal included 16 stretches of tolled motorways which added up 1,360 km (see list here).

Of course, drivers and companies complained. Eventually, it was agreeed that the plan would apply to only 6 stretches, and it would be just optional (not compulsory) for truckers to use the tolled motorways. Additionally, discounts were lowered down to 43.45% in 4 of the 6 stretches.

Surprisingly, the plan has proven effective. I've posted some graphs in the Spanish thread, if anybody would like to learn more about it: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=5909

winnipeg liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 03:31 AM   #7183
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

The idea that trucking companies should pay for the costs of the roads they destroy should not be controversial. The problem is that the government (regardless of which party is in power) seems to always cave in to the most ridiculous demands of anyone and everyone who organizes a strike.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:56 AM   #7184
Fron

Likes (Received): 1434

Revenue from road tolls and motorway vignettes exceeds HUF 243 billion

Quote:
Revenue from road tolls and motorway vignettes in Hungary came to more than 243 billion forints (EUR 771.5 million) last year, business daily Világgazdaság said, citing data from NUSZ, which collects the revenue. HU-GO, Hungary’s toll for trucks and lorries, generated revenue of 185.7 billion forints last year. The toll rates were raised by 5% from the start of the year. Sales of motorway vignettes came to 57.8 billion forints. More were sold because of the introduction of an annual vignette good for travel in individual counties.
http://www.politics.hu/20160108/reve...uf-24-billion/

NIF's promotional video of M85-M86:

Festin, SRC_100, bogdymol, Adayafter, loloo liked this post

Last edited by Fron; January 12th, 2016 at 12:06 PM.
Fron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:17 PM   #7185
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

The one country where you enjoy getting tired of driving. Other countries with vignette should use the same system instead of putting the vignette on the wind shield. If they only would introduce "frei autobahn" .

Is there any statistics of how many does not pay the vignette?
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:23 PM   #7186
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Slovakia introduced similar e-vignette system this year.

Festin liked this post
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:50 PM   #7187
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
The one country where you enjoy getting tired of driving. Other countries with vignette should use the same system instead of putting the vignette on the wind shield. If they only would introduce "frei autobahn" .

Is there any statistics of how many does not pay the vignette?
I like how the vignettes on wind shield looks, my 2016 vignette for Austria and Swiss are beautiful!

But yes, the biggest advantage of e-vignette is that you won't be paying more just to pay the people that are selling it at border or the gas stations who sell them (sometimes they are making lots of money on it like for example when I wanted to buy a vignette for Austria in a gas station before the border in Hungary, they were selling it 8-10€ more expensive (and even more if I payed in Euro with their shit*y rate)... I finaly choosed to take the 10 days one and I took the 2016 vignette right after when I was in Austria, by this way I've got my vignette when crossing the border and I didn't lost any money, I only gave more to Austrian highways instead of giving my money to the hungarian big gas station...

So yes, the e-vignette because you can purchase it only without any other fees, and even if the hungarian website is not very well made (the last time I used it, there was still much sections of the website in hungarian...)
Old January 13th, 2016, 12:20 AM   #7188
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
I like how the vignettes on wind shield looks, my 2016 vignette for Austria and Swiss are beautiful!
I know your meaning. Sometime I see cars with old vignettes on the wind shield and I guess the owner did not remove them since it reminded them of the trip and is kind classic to keep.
But it can get to many vignettes on the shield if you are only passing through and then returning a month later. With bad nails and bad technique to remove, you can end up with an ugly wind shield :/

Quote:
But yes, the biggest advantage of e-vignette is that you won't be paying more just to pay the people that are selling it at border or the gas stations who sell them (sometimes they are making lots of money on it like for example when I wanted to buy a vignette for Austria in a gas station before the border in Hungary, they were selling it 8-10€ more expensive (and even more if I payed in Euro with their shit*y rate)... I finaly choosed to take the 10 days one and I took the 2016 vignette right after when I was in Austria, by this way I've got my vignette when crossing the border and I didn't lost any money, I only gave more to Austrian highways instead of giving my money to the hungarian big gas station...
There is a gas station at the border I think between Hungary and Austrian. Not sure if I remember it correct, but I think I ended up buying the vignette on actually Hungarian territory thinking I was on Austrian and would buy it cheaper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post

Slovakia introduced similar e-vignette system this year.
Quote:
So yes, the e-vignette because you can purchase it only without any other fees, and even if the hungarian website is not very well made (the last time I used it, there was still much sections of the website in hungarian...)
If found this article even if it is old and incorrect. Do you mean "paper vignette" like on this site when you say e-vignette. For example taking the car papers and giving it to the staff so they can write in the correct information and registering it to the "road cloud" with no actual vignett except the paper receipt.
Or do you mean that you can just buy the vignette online?
http://driveeuropenews.com/2013/07/0...tes-in-europe/
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 12:22 AM   #7189
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 14005

Quote:
even if the hungarian website is not very well made (the last time I used it, there was still much sections of the website in hungarian...)
The English version looks fine to me

https://ematrica.nemzetiutdij.hu/en

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM

metropolitan15, winnipeg liked this post
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:06 AM   #7190
winnipeg

Quote:
I know your meaning. Sometime I see cars with old vignettes on the wind shield and I guess the owner did not remove them since it reminded them of the trip and is kind classic to keep.
But it can get to many vignettes on the shield if you are only passing through and then returning a month later. With bad nails and bad technique to remove, you can end up with an ugly wind shield :/

I already put a lot of 10-days austrian vignette on my windshield, and even if sometimes I can't remove them completly, with a sponge and a bit of water, it goes away easily...

Quote:
There is a gas station at the border I think between Hungary and Austrian. Not sure if I remember it correct, but I think I ended up buying the vignette on actually Hungarian territory thinking I was on Austrian and would buy it cheaper...
No, I don't remember any gas station at the border. It depends of which vignette you are talking about...

Quote:
If found this article even if it is old and incorrect. Do you mean "paper vignette" like on this site when you say e-vignette. For example taking the car papers and giving it to the staff so they can write in the correct information and registering it to the "road cloud" with no actual vignett except the paper receipt.
Or do you mean that you can just buy the vignette online?
http://driveeuropenews.com/2013/07/0...tes-in-europe/
Yes, I was talking about buying it online whitout having to buy it from an intermediate (and add fees) and without having to print it, in fact it is convenient!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcee View Post
The English version looks fine to me

https://ematrica.nemzetiutdij.hu/en
They probably worked on it since I first bought on it, I saw that now there is even an english documentation, this is good!

nbcee, Festin liked this post
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:08 PM   #7191
definitivo

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:

I already put a lot of 10-days austrian vignette on my windshield, and even if sometimes I can't remove them completly, with a sponge and a bit of water, it goes away easily...

...( use ) old gillette razor...fast & easy ( remove )

winnipeg liked this post
definitivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2016, 06:50 AM   #7192
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11830

Construction of a 25 km segment of M35 motorway between Debrecen-Berettyóújfalu will start latest in May, and should be ready in 2018.

Quote:
Tavasszal kezdik el építeni az M35-ös autópályát Debrecen és Berettyóújfalu között
(...)
Debrecen - Legkésőbb május közepén megindulnak a munkagépek. Öt kilométeres elkerülő utat is építenek Debrecen alatt. Tasó László több útépítés kapcsán kijelentette, azokat tavasszal, április 1-je és május 15-e között el kell kezdeni. A felsorolásban volt az M35-ös autópálya továbbépítése is. Az M35-ös autópálya jelenleg 44 kilométer hosszú, az M3-ast köti össze Debrecennel. Régóta tervezik, hogy a hátralévő 25 kilométeres szakaszt is megépítik, így 2-szer 2 sávos gyorsforgalmi úton lehet majd Berettyóújfaluig eljutni. Az M35-ös autópálya kivitelezésének első üteme a 4-es számú főút és a 481-es számú főút között zajlik majd. A projekt része a 481-es számú főút (a déli elkerülő, ami debreceni repülőteret is beköti majd a sztrádába) kivitelezési munkáinak elvégzése is. Az előbbi 5,4 kilométer hosszú 2×2 forgalmi sávos autópálya, míg az utóbbi 5,3 kilométer hosszú 2×1 forgalmi sávos főút.

Ugyanennek az autópályának a második szakasza 20 kilométer hosszú, és a 481-es számú főúttól Berettyóújfaluig tart. A munkákra már kiírták a közbeszerzést, várhatóan január közepén megszületik az eredmény. Az építkezés tehát jövő tavasszal kezdődik és várhatóan 2018-ig tart.
http://www.dehir.hu/debrecen/tavassz...tt/2015/12/29/

SRC_100, pasadia, gr_kanev, MichiH, cricric and 2 others liked this post
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2016, 10:45 PM   #7193
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

http://www.origo.hu/itthon/20160122-...an-viktor.html:
Quote:
Orbán Viktor kifejtette: 2018-ig az M70-est teljes hosszában négysávos autópályává fejlesztik
Does this mean that widening of the M70 will begin or end in 2018?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2016, 10:47 PM   #7194
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 14005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
http://www.origo.hu/itthon/20160122-...an-viktor.htmloes this mean that widening of the M70 will begin or finish in 2018?
It will be finished by then.

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM

Verso, winnipeg liked this post
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2016, 11:44 PM   #7195
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Good to hear.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 08:48 AM   #7196
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Pictures of M86 Hegyfalu-Szilsárkány (33,4 km). Instead of summer, the road will be put into service in fall this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
FOLYTATÓDIK AZ M86-OS ÉPÍTÉSE

A tavasz és a jó idő beköszöntével tovább épül az M86-os Hegyfalu-Csorna közötti szakasza. A 33,4 kilométeres új, 2x2 sávos úttal - rajta 31 felüljáróval – idén őszre Győr irányából gyorsforgalmi úton elérhető lesz Szombathely.

http://www.facebook.com/nifzrt

ChrisZwolle, Luki_SL, Verso, SRC_100, x-type and 5 others liked this post
Old March 12th, 2016, 02:04 PM   #7197
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

any news about M86 section Csorna - Hegyeshalom? can we expect something there in near future?
Old March 12th, 2016, 02:11 PM   #7198
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

I think is was planned to be built ~ 2025-27...

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 02:14 PM   #7199
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
any news about M86 section Csorna - Hegyeshalom? can we expect something there in near future?
No priority unfortunately. This, and the southern half between Szombathely and M70 should be build with higher priority, I think.
Old March 12th, 2016, 10:56 PM   #7200
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
http://www.origo.hu/itthon/20160122-...an-viktor.htmloes this mean that widening of the M70 will begin or end in 2018?
Its a CEF project, with the M15. If approved by DG MOVE (june-july), it can be tendered (design and build) right away.

II. János Pál pápa

Verso liked this post
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways