daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 2nd, 2016, 11:29 AM   #7181
winnipeg
Registered User
 
winnipeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Arad
Posts: 664
Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
It's always an issue. In not so rich nations, like Hungary, even more. Not only at the borders but in the middle of the country, too. There are quite many motorists and many trucks that avoid using the motorways in order not to pay tolls. Then residents of the nearby towns are angry: there is the new motorway and traffic still flows in front of their houses.
It is sometimes "funny": in Hungary when a new motorway is built, politicians usually do not say that it will be great for motorists but that it will be great for residents of towns along the old national road because heavy traffic will not more flow in front of their houses. It seems so that motorways in Hungary are built in order to make national roads relaxed and not for motorists.
It's a big big problem in "richer" countries too, for example like we have in France, national and departemental roads are destroyed by huge traffic of trucks that most of the times are avoiding motorways because of it's price, but this is a huge problem...

And this is why the french government had the idea (very great in my opinion) to put an "ecotax" on our roads so trucks would have to pay taxes when they are not using motorway. It was logical so that people who are destroying roads should pay more for it...

The government had a huge contract with a company to manage this system, and 2 years ago most of the control instruments were installed and the system was getting ready...... until some professions linked with road transportation made some huge strikes (especially in Britany) and finaly government decided to reconsider the tax, and they abandoned it...

Finaly the contract with the company has been broken and we lost some 800 millions € with this big big disaster, one big big waste of money... And the "funny" thing about all this is that finaly the governement choosed to tax more fuels to cover this (and so everyone would pay for it... ).

Sorry if it's a bit off-topic, but it might be interresting to see what has been made in other europeans countries about this particular problem!
__________________

Attus, mcarling, piotr71 liked this post
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2016, 06:56 PM   #7182
Highway89
Registered User
 
Highway89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: La Rioja (Spain)
Posts: 765
Likes (Received): 1186

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
Sorry if it's a bit off-topic, but it might be interresting to see what has been made in other europeans countries about this particular problem!
In Spain, the government tried to ban all trucks from normal roads if there was a parallel tolled motorway, while offering attractive discounts in exchange (50% or more). The first proposal included 16 stretches of tolled motorways which added up 1,360 km (see list here).

Of course, drivers and companies complained. Eventually, it was agreeed that the plan would apply to only 6 stretches, and it would be just optional (not compulsory) for truckers to use the tolled motorways. Additionally, discounts were lowered down to 43.45% in 4 of the 6 stretches.

Surprisingly, the plan has proven effective. I've posted some graphs in the Spanish thread, if anybody would like to learn more about it: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=5909
__________________

winnipeg liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 03:31 AM   #7183
mcarling
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,605
Likes (Received): 491

The idea that trucking companies should pay for the costs of the roads they destroy should not be controversial. The problem is that the government (regardless of which party is in power) seems to always cave in to the most ridiculous demands of anyone and everyone who organizes a strike.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:56 AM   #7184
Fron
Registered User
 
Fron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Budapest
Posts: 1,383
Likes (Received): 1434

Revenue from road tolls and motorway vignettes exceeds HUF 243 billion

Quote:
Revenue from road tolls and motorway vignettes in Hungary came to more than 243 billion forints (EUR 771.5 million) last year, business daily Világgazdaság said, citing data from NUSZ, which collects the revenue. HU-GO, Hungary’s toll for trucks and lorries, generated revenue of 185.7 billion forints last year. The toll rates were raised by 5% from the start of the year. Sales of motorway vignettes came to 57.8 billion forints. More were sold because of the introduction of an annual vignette good for travel in individual counties.
http://www.politics.hu/20160108/reve...uf-24-billion/


NIF's promotional video of M85-M86:

__________________

Festin, SRC_100, bogdymol, Adayafter, loloo liked this post

Last edited by Fron; January 12th, 2016 at 12:06 PM.
Fron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:17 PM   #7185
Festin
Changeable constant
 
Festin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Antarctica, North Pole
Posts: 3,016
Likes (Received): 1458

The one country where you enjoy getting tired of driving. Other countries with vignette should use the same system instead of putting the vignette on the wind shield. If they only would introduce "frei autobahn" .

Is there any statistics of how many does not pay the vignette?
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:23 PM   #7186
SRC_100
Registered User
 
SRC_100's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,085
Likes (Received): 3275


Slovakia introduced similar e-vignette system this year.
__________________

Festin liked this post
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:50 PM   #7187
winnipeg
Registered User
 
winnipeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Arad
Posts: 664
Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
The one country where you enjoy getting tired of driving. Other countries with vignette should use the same system instead of putting the vignette on the wind shield. If they only would introduce "frei autobahn" .

Is there any statistics of how many does not pay the vignette?
I like how the vignettes on wind shield looks, my 2016 vignette for Austria and Swiss are beautiful!

But yes, the biggest advantage of e-vignette is that you won't be paying more just to pay the people that are selling it at border or the gas stations who sell them (sometimes they are making lots of money on it like for example when I wanted to buy a vignette for Austria in a gas station before the border in Hungary, they were selling it 8-10€ more expensive (and even more if I payed in Euro with their shit*y rate)... I finaly choosed to take the 10 days one and I took the 2016 vignette right after when I was in Austria, by this way I've got my vignette when crossing the border and I didn't lost any money, I only gave more to Austrian highways instead of giving my money to the hungarian big gas station...

So yes, the e-vignette because you can purchase it only without any other fees, and even if the hungarian website is not very well made (the last time I used it, there was still much sections of the website in hungarian...)
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 12:20 AM   #7188
Festin
Changeable constant
 
Festin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Antarctica, North Pole
Posts: 3,016
Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
I like how the vignettes on wind shield looks, my 2016 vignette for Austria and Swiss are beautiful!
I know your meaning. Sometime I see cars with old vignettes on the wind shield and I guess the owner did not remove them since it reminded them of the trip and is kind classic to keep.
But it can get to many vignettes on the shield if you are only passing through and then returning a month later. With bad nails and bad technique to remove, you can end up with an ugly wind shield :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
But yes, the biggest advantage of e-vignette is that you won't be paying more just to pay the people that are selling it at border or the gas stations who sell them (sometimes they are making lots of money on it like for example when I wanted to buy a vignette for Austria in a gas station before the border in Hungary, they were selling it 8-10€ more expensive (and even more if I payed in Euro with their shit*y rate)... I finaly choosed to take the 10 days one and I took the 2016 vignette right after when I was in Austria, by this way I've got my vignette when crossing the border and I didn't lost any money, I only gave more to Austrian highways instead of giving my money to the hungarian big gas station...
There is a gas station at the border I think between Hungary and Austrian. Not sure if I remember it correct, but I think I ended up buying the vignette on actually Hungarian territory thinking I was on Austrian and would buy it cheaper...



Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post

Slovakia introduced similar e-vignette system this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
So yes, the e-vignette because you can purchase it only without any other fees, and even if the hungarian website is not very well made (the last time I used it, there was still much sections of the website in hungarian...)
If found this article even if it is old and incorrect. Do you mean "paper vignette" like on this site when you say e-vignette. For example taking the car papers and giving it to the staff so they can write in the correct information and registering it to the "road cloud" with no actual vignett except the paper receipt.
Or do you mean that you can just buy the vignette online?
http://driveeuropenews.com/2013/07/0...tes-in-europe/
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 12:22 AM   #7189
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty
 
nbcee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: "The freest farm between Zágon and Fiume"
Posts: 2,449
Likes (Received): 14005

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
even if the hungarian website is not very well made (the last time I used it, there was still much sections of the website in hungarian...)
The English version looks fine to me

https://ematrica.nemzetiutdij.hu/en
__________________
The promise of Nbcee will always remain, that fighting for his sake is the ultimate gain

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM

metropolitan15, winnipeg liked this post
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:06 AM   #7190
winnipeg
Registered User
 
winnipeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Arad
Posts: 664
Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
I know your meaning. Sometime I see cars with old vignettes on the wind shield and I guess the owner did not remove them since it reminded them of the trip and is kind classic to keep.
But it can get to many vignettes on the shield if you are only passing through and then returning a month later. With bad nails and bad technique to remove, you can end up with an ugly wind shield :/


I already put a lot of 10-days austrian vignette on my windshield, and even if sometimes I can't remove them completly, with a sponge and a bit of water, it goes away easily...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
There is a gas station at the border I think between Hungary and Austrian. Not sure if I remember it correct, but I think I ended up buying the vignette on actually Hungarian territory thinking I was on Austrian and would buy it cheaper...
No, I don't remember any gas station at the border. It depends of which vignette you are talking about...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
If found this article even if it is old and incorrect. Do you mean "paper vignette" like on this site when you say e-vignette. For example taking the car papers and giving it to the staff so they can write in the correct information and registering it to the "road cloud" with no actual vignett except the paper receipt.
Or do you mean that you can just buy the vignette online?
http://driveeuropenews.com/2013/07/0...tes-in-europe/
Yes, I was talking about buying it online whitout having to buy it from an intermediate (and add fees) and without having to print it, in fact it is convenient!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcee View Post
The English version looks fine to me

https://ematrica.nemzetiutdij.hu/en
They probably worked on it since I first bought on it, I saw that now there is even an english documentation, this is good!
__________________

nbcee, Festin liked this post
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:08 PM   #7191
definitivo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 132
Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post


I already put a lot of 10-days austrian vignette on my windshield, and even if sometimes I can't remove them completly, with a sponge and a bit of water, it goes away easily...

...( use ) old gillette razor...fast & easy ( remove )
__________________

winnipeg liked this post
definitivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2016, 06:50 AM   #7192
JackFrost
Hun Solo
 
JackFrost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sopron/Wien
Posts: 4,282
Likes (Received): 11830

Construction of a 25 km segment of M35 motorway between Debrecen-Berettyóújfalu will start latest in May, and should be ready in 2018.

Quote:
Tavasszal kezdik el építeni az M35-ös autópályát Debrecen és Berettyóújfalu között
(...)
Debrecen - Legkésőbb május közepén megindulnak a munkagépek. Öt kilométeres elkerülő utat is építenek Debrecen alatt. Tasó László több útépítés kapcsán kijelentette, azokat tavasszal, április 1-je és május 15-e között el kell kezdeni. A felsorolásban volt az M35-ös autópálya továbbépítése is. Az M35-ös autópálya jelenleg 44 kilométer hosszú, az M3-ast köti össze Debrecennel. Régóta tervezik, hogy a hátralévő 25 kilométeres szakaszt is megépítik, így 2-szer 2 sávos gyorsforgalmi úton lehet majd Berettyóújfaluig eljutni. Az M35-ös autópálya kivitelezésének első üteme a 4-es számú főút és a 481-es számú főút között zajlik majd. A projekt része a 481-es számú főút (a déli elkerülő, ami debreceni repülőteret is beköti majd a sztrádába) kivitelezési munkáinak elvégzése is. Az előbbi 5,4 kilométer hosszú 2×2 forgalmi sávos autópálya, míg az utóbbi 5,3 kilométer hosszú 2×1 forgalmi sávos főút.

Ugyanennek az autópályának a második szakasza 20 kilométer hosszú, és a 481-es számú főúttól Berettyóújfaluig tart. A munkákra már kiírták a közbeszerzést, várhatóan január közepén megszületik az eredmény. Az építkezés tehát jövő tavasszal kezdődik és várhatóan 2018-ig tart.
http://www.dehir.hu/debrecen/tavassz...tt/2015/12/29/
__________________

SRC_100, pasadia, gr_kanev, MichiH, cricric and 2 others liked this post
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2016, 10:45 PM   #7193
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

http://www.origo.hu/itthon/20160122-...an-viktor.html:
Quote:
Orbán Viktor kifejtette: 2018-ig az M70-est teljes hosszában négysávos autópályává fejlesztik
Does this mean that widening of the M70 will begin or end in 2018?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2016, 10:47 PM   #7194
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty
 
nbcee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: "The freest farm between Zágon and Fiume"
Posts: 2,449
Likes (Received): 14005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
http://www.origo.hu/itthon/20160122-...an-viktor.htmloes this mean that widening of the M70 will begin or finish in 2018?
It will be finished by then.
__________________
The promise of Nbcee will always remain, that fighting for his sake is the ultimate gain

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM

Verso, winnipeg liked this post
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2016, 11:44 PM   #7195
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Good to hear.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 08:48 AM   #7196
JackFrost
Hun Solo
 
JackFrost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sopron/Wien
Posts: 4,282
Likes (Received): 11830

Pictures of M86 Hegyfalu-Szilsárkány (33,4 km). Instead of summer, the road will be put into service in fall this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
FOLYTATÓDIK AZ M86-OS ÉPÍTÉSE

A tavasz és a jó idő beköszöntével tovább épül az M86-os Hegyfalu-Csorna közötti szakasza. A 33,4 kilométeres új, 2x2 sávos úttal - rajta 31 felüljáróval – idén őszre Győr irányából gyorsforgalmi úton elérhető lesz Szombathely.

http://www.facebook.com/nifzrt













__________________

ChrisZwolle, Luki_SL, Verso, SRC_100, x-type and 5 others liked this post
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 02:04 PM   #7197
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,471
Likes (Received): 3438

any news about M86 section Csorna - Hegyeshalom? can we expect something there in near future?
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 02:11 PM   #7198
MichiH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lower Franconia
Posts: 4,415
Likes (Received): 2082

I think is was planned to be built ~ 2025-27...
__________________

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 02:14 PM   #7199
JackFrost
Hun Solo
 
JackFrost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sopron/Wien
Posts: 4,282
Likes (Received): 11830

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
any news about M86 section Csorna - Hegyeshalom? can we expect something there in near future?
No priority unfortunately. This, and the southern half between Szombathely and M70 should be build with higher priority, I think.
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 10:56 PM   #7200
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,238
Likes (Received): 9416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
http://www.origo.hu/itthon/20160122-...an-viktor.htmloes this mean that widening of the M70 will begin or end in 2018?
Its a CEF project, with the M15. If approved by DG MOVE (june-july), it can be tendered (design and build) right away.
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa

Verso liked this post
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium