daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2016, 05:14 AM   #7401
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
according to your location info, that is really really weird statement.

Damn, that long line looks like hell.

Question: Isn't there some kind of fast lane for those with electronic toll card or device?
Blackraven no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2016, 09:02 AM   #7402
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11830

Quote:
according to your location info, that is really really weird statement.

Thats a Sondermautstrecke on A9 or A10 I guess. If Italy reduces toll booths to special bridges and tunnels only, Ill give it a second thought. Until then, I dont like them, and I am glad they are gone in Hungary for good.

Sentilj liked this post
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2016, 01:08 PM   #7403
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Damn, that long line looks like hell.

Question: Isn't there some kind of fast lane for those with electronic toll card or device?
On the left, marked with "Video Maut" (literally "video tolling"), is a kind-of fast lane; it works with filming and detecting your number plate, and you can buy either a yearly subscription, or also just single trips.
See https://www.asfinag.at/toll/special-and-videotoll. Has to be bought in advance, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
Thats a Sondermautstrecke on A9 or A10 I guess. If Italy reduces toll booths to special bridges and tunnels only, Ill give it a second thought. Until then, I dont like them, and I am glad they are gone in Hungary for good.

I think this is showing the Brenner motorway to Italy, so that is A13.

Besides that, I do fully agree that tolling via toll-booths is a very antique technique, and they should be replaced - but only if it works with video tolling, and doesn't require a special device for each country; after all, EETS, the European Electronic Toll Service, which would allow interoperability, is still quite far away...

JackFrost liked this post

Last edited by rudiwien; July 19th, 2016 at 02:54 PM.
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 03:04 AM   #7404
Aladar
M8 motorway's fan

Likes (Received): 4648

Some pics from brand new Székesfehérvár's bypass

Source: http://feol.hu/hirek/atadtak-mar-has...erulot-1779051

Old July 20th, 2016, 06:50 PM   #7405
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3444

Quote:
on my usual routes i pass more toll booths in Austria travelling to München than in Italy travelling to Milano.
Old July 20th, 2016, 07:53 PM   #7406
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
on my usual routes i pass more toll booths in Austria travelling to München than in Italy travelling to Milano.
As I said, its a special thing. You are the exception. I pass zero toll booths travelling from Budapest to München. And thats good.
Old July 21st, 2016, 06:20 PM   #7407
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

It says, it's a 1.class mainroad ( Elsörendü föút )
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 12:44 PM   #7408
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

I managed to buy the Hungarian vignette at Duino rest area on Italian A4, where I stopped to buy the Slovenian one. I didn't expect to find it that far away.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

SRC_100, JackFrost liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 03:51 PM   #7409
JackFrost
Hun Solo

you mean your car plate was registered and you received a bill of it, right? Because we dont have "physical" vignettes anymore.
Old July 25th, 2016, 04:25 PM   #7410
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

I think he means that his car`s no. plate has been introduced/entered to the hungarian matrica system in Italy what is a really suprise also for me

I can confirm that in BC b/n Czechia and Slovakia on D2 motoway you can also "buy " hungarian matrica on the Slovakian side in the place where was check point before Schengen agreement.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 04:37 PM   #7411
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Yes I just got a receipt that I was told to keep, nothing to stick on the windshield. Better like this, I still have two Austrian vignettes, two Slovenian, and a Czech that I'm to lazy to remove
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Verso liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 05:00 PM   #7412
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Yes I just got a receipt that I was told to keep, nothing to stick on the windshield. Better like this, I still have two Austrian vignettes, two Slovenian, and a Czech that I'm to lazy to remove
I am also surprised that they registered your car in Italy for Hungary, I thought someone may sold you a former Hungarian sticker.

Yeah, I cant remove my Czech vignette either. I am gonna have to try it with benzine (? not sure it thats the proper english word for it).
Old July 25th, 2016, 08:11 PM   #7413
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
(...) it with benzine (? not sure it thats the proper english word for it).
Petrol

ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 11:29 PM   #7414
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Yeah, I cant remove my Czech vignette either. I am gonna have to try it with benzine (? not sure it thats the proper english word for it).
Yes, they are really tough to remove. Same with the Slovenian stickers. Try the following: when you still have fragments of the sticker left, put some glass cleaner on toilet paper and rub the sticker for a while until it is gone. This usually works for me with the Slovenian stickers, although it does take some time.

celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 11:34 PM   #7415
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 14005

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
Yes, they are really tough to remove. Same with the Slovenian stickers. Try the following: when you still have fragments of the sticker left, put some glass cleaner on toilet paper and rub the sticker for a while until it is gone. This usually works for me with the Slovenian stickers, although it does take some time.
Weird, I was gonna say that the Slovenian sticker came off from my glass very easily.

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 11:37 PM   #7416
Aladar
M8 motorway's fan

Likes (Received): 4648

M35 motorway - Debrecen bypass phase 2. - U/C

Source:http://www.haon.hu/dolgoznak-az-auto...atasan/3114932

Old July 26th, 2016, 11:21 AM   #7417
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3444

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcee View Post
Weird, I was gonna say that the Slovenian sticker came off from my glass very easily.
If you removed it few days or weeks after using it, it goes easy. If it is on windshield for few months, it is disaster. It is made of some very thin foil and very firmly glued, so it breaks into pieces. Austrian and Slovakian are made of stronger fat foil so you peel them off in one piece, they just sometimes leave glue stain that you need to scratch off.

celevac liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 11:50 AM   #7418
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Why do people Stick it to the shield anyway? Just place it on the dashboard without peeling off the paper. The validity doesnt change just because you dont glue it on. Lol
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 12:39 PM   #7419
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1176

[We are a bit off-topic from the Hungarian motorways, but nonetheless]

People do stick the Slovenian vignette on the shield - because that is the only way to have a valid vignette

See e.g. http://www.dars.si/Dokumenti/Toll/Me...nette_310.aspx

Quote:
Displaying a vignette

A vignette may only be used on one vehicle. When applying a vignette it is not permitted to use other glues, special foils, adhesive tapes and similar.

A vignette is only valid when it is properly displayed on a vehicle prior to use of a toll road. After removing the protection foil, place a vignette undamaged on the left inner side of a windscreen, in such a way that it is visible from outside. Vignette should not be placed in a spot where the windscreen is dark or to a side window of a vehicle.

Please make sure, before applying a vignette, to read the displaying instructions on the back side of a vignette. Always remove a previously displayed or invalid vignette prior to placing a new valid vignette.
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 02:05 PM   #7420
satanism

Likes (Received): 5494

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
Why do people Stick it to the shield anyway? Just place it on the dashboard without peeling off the paper. The validity doesnt change just because you dont glue it on. Lol
Sure it does...in Slovenia and everywhere else....
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.
satanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways