daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #781
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Some new pic about M6(Szekszárd-Bóly):

RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2008, 01:57 PM   #782
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Sebességhatár-emelés márciustól

Briefly in english: Government is rising the speed limit at some roads...
A map for it:
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #783
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19357

I don't understand the new E-vignette tolling system. How do you pay tolls as a foreigner?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #784
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Well, we bought normal 7-day vignette stickers (called matrica in Hungarian) every time we passed on Hungary's motorways... is this E-vignette any different?
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #785
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It seems to be changed since january 1st
Old March 6th, 2008, 07:30 PM   #786
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Well, we bought normal 7-day vignette stickers (called matrica in Hungarian) every time we passed on Hungary's motorways... is this E-vignette any different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
It seems to be changed since january 1st
The name is the cause of the problem. This only means that there are no vignettes anymore. You just buy it,and get the check,and thats all(which you have to keep for a few years...). You dont have to stick anything on the windshield anymore.
BTW,electronic system is supposedly being planned too...
Old March 6th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #787
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Ah okay, and you can still buy that one at the regular places? (like gas stations and border stations?)
Old March 6th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #788
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
Ah okay, and you can still buy that one at the regular places? (like gas stations and border stations?)
Everything is the same except what I said.
http://www.motorway.hu/engine.aspx?page=prices2008
http://www.autobahn.hu/engine.aspx?p...rentabelle2008

BTW,digging further,it seems electronic toll(like on austrian motorways) will be introduced in this year for vehicles heavier than 3,5 tonnes.
Old March 10th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #789
RawLee

An update on the M0 northern bridge:

Old March 16th, 2008, 01:55 AM   #790
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

Hungary will have a very impressive network of motorways when all is complete. From what I can tell 3-4 east-west motorways and a spoke and hub configuration centred on Budapest. I'm wondering, for a relatively small country, is such a large network sustainable? After all such a network has to be maintained as well. What will be the total km's when all is complete? How does it compare per capita to The Netherlands or Austria, two countries of similar size? I even see another highway planned west from Mohács.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 02:53 AM   #791
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post
Hungary will have a very impressive network of motorways when all is complete. From what I can tell 3-4 east-west motorways and a spoke and hub configuration centred on Budapest. I'm wondering, for a relatively small country, is such a large network sustainable? After all such a network has to be maintained as well. What will be the total km's when all is complete? How does it compare per capita to The Netherlands or Austria, two countries of similar size? I even see another highway planned west from Mohács.
About 3000km is the currently planned length. So that is 3000km/93000km2.This is the current plan:

And its not u/c until Mohács,but until Pécs(from Dunaújváros, and yes,the branch too). M43(From Szeged) will be u/c this year too. Though the speed of constructions will probably decrease as the budget of the Ministry of transportation and economy will be about 30% lower next year.

Last edited by RawLee; March 16th, 2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #792
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

The network is needed because of the huge volume of international traffic going across the country
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:55 PM   #793
RKC

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
About 3000km is the currently planned length. So that is 3000km/93000km2.This is the current plan:

And its not u/c until Mohács,but until Pécs(from Dunaújváros, and yes,the branch too). M43(From Szeged) will be u/c this year too. Though the speed of constructions will probably decrease as the budget of the Ministry of transportation and economy will be about 30% lower next year.
here's the explanation about that story
http://www.fn.hu/penzugy/20080312/un...pulnek_tovabb/
RKC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #794
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BND View Post
The network is needed because of the huge volume of international traffic going across the country
Yeah, Hungary is the main hub between Western and Southeastern Europe.
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #795
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

The big majority of traffic has to be domestic though. Slovenia also lies at the crossroads WE-Balkans, Italy-Balkans, Italy-EE, but about 80 % of traffic is domestic.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:49 AM   #796
RawLee

Here's an updated map of motorways/expressways in 2030() according to the country's "master plan"(a huge detailed map on which every road,railroad,powerline,tube,etc are present,be it existing or planned)
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:13 AM   #797
smokiboy

Good point Verso. The same can be said for Serbia which receives a lot transit traffic from further southeast (Bulgaria & Turkey) and south, (Macedonia & Greece), as well as transit traffic from the opposite directions. I am not sure what percentage of motorway traffic is domestic and foreign in Serbia, I imagine 50 - 50. Granted the Serbian motorway network is fairly simple, N-S, & SE-NW, but when completed it will be able to handle most if not all of the transit traffic from those directions.
My point being that, although Hungary is more developed than Serbia, it seems that their motorway network will be perhaps five times larger than the Serbian network. There may be an issue with over capacity in the motorway network in the years to come in Hungary.
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:31 AM   #798
RawLee

Quote:
My point being that, although Hungary is more developed than Serbia, it seems that their motorway network will be perhaps five times larger than the Serbian network. There may be an issue with over capacity in the motorway network in the years to come in Hungary.
Actually,we dont build motorways/expressways only for traffic...these roads encourage industrial growth greatly along themselves. We use them to give ourselves an edge in the transportation field,compared to our neighbours.
Yellow area:fast-road(motorways/expressways) in 15min distance in 2006. Brown,in 30min.:

And the same as it is planned to be in 2015:

I'd say this is the dream of investors...dont have to worry about the transportation...
Old March 18th, 2008, 03:19 AM   #799
smokiboy

RawLee, I agree with you, I would say that Hungary is playing it smart and positioning it self to be the leader in southeast Europe in many ways. By building a better, more extensive, faster motorway network it will take more and more traffic from the Belgrad - Zagreb motorway and others in the area.
The motorway heading west from Mohács to Pécs eventually heads south west toward Croatia, where will it link on the Croatian side, and are the Croatians planning a link there?
Thanks for posting the excellent maps.
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #800
RawLee

Quote:
The motorway heading west from Mohács to Pécs eventually heads south west toward Croatia, where will it link on the Croatian side, and are the Croatians planning a link there?
I dont really know. M60 (from Mohács to Pécs) currently will only be built until Pécs. I think M8 is the "priority" now,to provide an alternative route in the country without going to Budapest.
I cant say this chart is accurate,but for now,I accept it as a fact.

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways