daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 12th, 2008, 01:46 AM   #881
Kese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
Pécs looks larger than i thought, largest city without a motorway connection?
Yes, definitely. The real population is actually larger than what it is on paper: 156 K. The metro area includes several villages, smaller towns, the largest one of which is adjacent Komló, about 30K. There are 30-35K students at the university, most of whom are also not included in the count, + many highschool students likewise. And, interestingly enough there are about 30K Dutch people living (some on and off) in the area, mostly in the mountain villages.
Kese no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2008, 02:59 AM   #882
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Yes,Pécs is close to having an agglomeration,after Budapest and Miskolc.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #883
Kese

M60 - M6 from Pécs to the tunnel section:

This is where Pécs East will be:

South of the freeway, the future roundabout:

Pécs East:

The site of the actual freeway:

Resting herd:

The end of the Pécsudvard road:

M60 - Lothárd, Birján, Belvárdgyula, Bóly. Bóly = lowest crime rate, highest internet penetration in Hungary:

M6 - Bóly, Kisnyárád, Székelyszabar, Szür. Viaduct here.

Well, it seems like the server is down all afternoon. Anyways, here is the next batch: Véménd, the tubes, container city at the tunnels. This time I went in an opposite direction, North to South, pretty much covering all the tunnels:

The rest of the tunnel - viaducts:

Old May 14th, 2008, 08:34 AM   #884
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Nice pics!
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #885
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9416

Update on the u/c northern M0 bridge

The two side are almost engaged...

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 11:06 PM   #886
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9416

Fresh video of the future M43 Motorway bridge over the Tisza...

http://www.nif.hu/multimedia/gallery/132

I hope it was not posted yet...

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #887
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

hey, mr.builders!

stop that tunneling works, and revise your plans!

here is a sketch. Only for you for now for free:

H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 11:28 PM   #888
Kese

A post from the Faroe Islands thread:

"http://avisen.dk/faeroeerne-vil-bygg...el-301107.aspx

(Translated with google..)
Faroe Islands will build the world's longest tunnel
30. november 2007 18:34 | It will be 11.9 km long and cost more than a block. Faroe Islands are ready to build the world's longest underwatertunnel to a very small and tyndbefolket island.

Greenland was in 2001 an airport in Qaanaaq, costing 120 million dollars, and today serves 58 passengers a month.

Now, the Faroe Islands also be in the competition to connect the very sparsely populated areas of major cities.

County Council is only one third from adopting a new undervandstunnel at 11.9 kilometers - the world's longest - 200 meters below sea level and be connected Strřmř with the little Sandř. It writes fagbladet Ingeniřren.

Tunnelprojektet have been given a budget of 690 million kroner, which is 75 million dollars more than the annual block grants from the Danish government.

On the other hand, there will be a long way between the cars of the two tunnel tubes.

Ingeniřrfirmaet Rambřll has calculated that only 400 cars a day will use the new tunnel. Therefore přnser politicians also to spend more on taking a ferry harbour at Sandř, so passengers from the high Sydř obviate the need to go all the way to Thorshavn. This will have a number of road users to increase to 750 a day.

More Faroese media assess, however, that the world's longest tunnel is only a foretaste of a big tunnel throughout the 25 kilometer, to link Sandř with Sydř. And then ferry harbour on Sandř superfluous.

-- So we talk a project of a completely different calibre. This will ensure that 99 percent of all the inhabitants of the Faroe Islands will be linked by tunnels. So it is perhaps finally to call us řboere, said Heine Eysturay, secretary of the Faeroe Landsverk, to Ingeniřren.

Today, 85 percent of the Faroese people bound together by tunnels."
Old May 18th, 2008, 09:39 AM   #889
H123Laci
BANNED

[QUOTE=Kese;20791948] A post from the Faroe Islands thread:QUOTE]

thats really interesting...
but how does it connect to my post?
Old May 18th, 2008, 07:28 PM   #890
Kese

[QUOTE=H123Laci;20803666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kese View Post
A post from the Faroe Islands thread:QUOTE]

thats really interesting...
but how does it connect to my post?
Is not your objection against M6 based on that it costs too much and serves too few people? Here 11 kms of tunnels serve 500 cars a day.

Ok, this last post of yours seems to suggest an alternative solution for that part of M6. Well, as far as I remember this has been thoroughly discussed and analised already, cost scheme included. (+ soil solidification with time, etc.) Anyways: its a done deal/ no use crying over spilt milk/ too late, too little/ etc. -you choose. But you know what? When it is done you can send some Buda retards here to study how much a tunnel damages the area above it.
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #891
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Bridge over Mura at Letenye/Goričan is progressing! it is now possible to walk over construction from one side to the other. there are no many information about that bridge. so what is actually being built there? 2 same bridges for full profiled motorway (2 driving 3,75 lanes and one 3,50 wide SOS lane + 1,50 wide walkingside. everything x2. distance between bridges: 80 cm. lenght: 216 m. work end: November, 2008. cost: 8 million €.
source (in croatian): http://www.medjimurje.hr/hr/5546/gor...ecde07e515#gal
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:10 PM   #892
H123Laci
BANNED

[QUOTE=Kese;20814410]
Quote:
Originally Posted by H123Laci View Post

Is not your objection against M6 based on that it costs too much and serves too few people? Here 11 kms of tunnels serve 500 cars a day.
Are you joking?
Do you want to justify an uneconomic project with a more wasteful project?

11km tunnel for an AADT of 500 is total insanity...

Quote:
Ok, this last post of yours seems to suggest an alternative solution for that part of M6.
That's right.

Quote:
Well, as far as I remember this has been thoroughly discussed and analised already, cost scheme included. (+ soil solidification with time, etc.) Anyways: its a done deal/ no use crying over spilt milk/ too late, too little/ etc. -you choose. But you know what? When it is done you can send some Buda retards here to study how much a tunnel damages the area above it.
No, that's wrong.

there was no discussion.
there was only a statement: huge cuttings and embankments would be needed without tunnels.

but the longitudinal section of this part of the planned route hasn't been published yet.

it was a TOP SECRET.

but I managed to get this blueprint last week, and I published it.

so everybody can see that this is a wasteful plan, (but very "economic" for the tunnel builders)

the suggested "high viaduct" alternative would be much more cheaper...
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #893
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19404

I don't think it's comparable with that Faroe tunnel, since there aren't any other road links there, and it serves a significant percentage of the population. Besides that, the Faroe Islands are much more prosperous than most other European countries, including Denmark, Hungary and the Netherlands.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 02:06 PM   #894
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Basically the Faroese don't know where else to put all their money, so this looks like a good idea. Of course I don't mean it literally, but would you be happy with almost no roads around yourselves?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #895
Verso
Islander

M70 by the Slovenian border (not in operation yet):
Quote:
Originally Posted by muravidék View Post
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM   #896
Kese

Do you mean they finished the missing 300 meters on the Hungarian side? Cool!! Seems like it is just as I said somewhere before: the first "smooth transition" freeway link between Hungary and an other country. I believe the same is true for Slovenia as well. No zig-zags between obsolete border check booths.
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #897
Kese

"the longitudinal section of this part of the planned route hasn't been published yet."

Congratulations on the intelligence work. (Seriously.) I was not aware that it had not been made public before. I am not so appreciative of conspiration theories, though, and I have a slightly different recollection of the discussion of which you kinda say wasn't. True, I followed only what was in the press: skin-deep Index, etc., and in the forums. But OK, it is the right thing come forward with all the arguments. Let us do so!

The other thing: this Fareose (?) example is just a (literally ) "far-fetched" illustration of how cost-effectivity is just ONE of the aspects one will consider when making a decision about whether to build a certain road or not. But not the only one. -- I nevertheless think that all things considered M6-M60 WILL BE a cost-effective investment. Even more so than beautifying some main squares for a fraction of the cost.
Old May 19th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #898
Kese

An article to back up what I wrote about the "discussion".

http://www.mtm-magazin.hu/cikk.php?cikk_id=347
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #899
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kese View Post
Do you mean they finished the missing 300 meters on the Hungarian side?
Actually, these 300 m (or more like a kilometer) were probably finished already in 2004, when the rest of the M70 was put in traffic (except for the line between the emergency- and driving lanes). Here you can see it's already there (without its Slovenian counterpart) and the picture is from July 2006.
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #900
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Good news!Constructors of M43 has been announced! The motorway is to be finished until Makó by 2010,and by 2012 until Nagylak/Nadlac.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1796
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways