daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:43 PM   #1101
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

the place is this hilly:

as hilly as the place around Prague
http://www.mapy.cz/#[email protected][email protected][email protected]=ZRP
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM   #1102
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

the terrain is no problem on the western section: 3 tunnels (1-2km long) and the problem is solved...
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:34 AM   #1103
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
No... Because the whole Buda part is in an environmental protection zone..
That's not true: the planned route of the western section crosses the EPZ in tunnels.

most of the route (the surface sections) are not in the EPZ...
Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:08 PM   #1104
Rijeka

Likes (Received): 0

[QUOTE=RawLee;24637836]Update on M6-M60
(all pics are from http://m6m60.extra.hu)
M6 Szekszár-Bóly section:
M60 Bóly-Pécs section

These are great pictures. I didn't know that the construction were so advanced in this part. When will the section till Boly be finished?
Rijeka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 01:43 PM   #1105
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rijeka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
Update on M6-M60
(all pics are from http://m6m60.extra.hu)
M6 Szekszár-Bóly section:
M60 Bóly-Pécs section

These are great pictures. I didn't know that the construction were so advanced in this part. When will the section till Boly be finished?
As the entire motorway:2010 march 10.
I've read somewhere that on some sections,its asphalt-ready...but the tunnels are not in the best shape. The longest collapsed 2 times.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM   #1106
Rijeka

Thanx. I hope the Hungarian and the Croatian governments will make a decision to connect the Croatian A5 and Hungarian M6 as soon as possible. I've never seen any dates for the section between Boly and Osijek.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 04:48 PM   #1107
RawLee

Quote:

Thanx. I hope the Hungarian and the Croatian governments will make a decision to connect the Croatian A5 and Hungarian M6 as soon as possible. I've never seen any dates for the section between Boly and Osijek.
A data sheet where the construction dates are stated states that it will be built after 2015(this means no definite date).
Old September 3rd, 2008, 07:12 PM   #1108
RawLee

Quote:
A gallery as of today,from
http://www.teol.hu/index.php?apps=cikk&cikk=171784

Near Őcsény
Old September 11th, 2008, 10:36 AM   #1109
H123Laci
BANNED

The old (and obsolete) and the new:

1st image: the (20 years old) southern sector of M0 (between M1 and M5) with AADT of 90.000.

2nd image: the (3 years old) first section of the eastern sector of M0 (between M5 and M4) with AADT of 15.000.

quite a huge difference...

the next section of the eastern sector (between M4 and M3) will be opened next week (on 16th sept.)

Last edited by H123Laci; September 11th, 2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #1110
Rijeka

the next section of the eastern sector (between M4 and M3) will be opened next week (on 16th sept.) [/QUOTE]

So from that day on it will be possible, coming from M7, to go directly to M3 via M0, I suppose? Great!
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #1111
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

When I'm looking at the first picture, did authorities think about restriction for trucks to overtake other cars? In Slovakia it helped a lot on motorway from Bratislava to Trnava and now they are going to restrict in on all motorways and expressways.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #1112
H123Laci
BANNED

well, there are some "no overtaking with trucks" sign, but it is like kiss to the dead, 'cos the police doesn't check it...

IMO this restriction should be used carefully and only on congested sections...
it has no sense to restrict the whole network...

the best solution on longer term is to increase the capacity of the network by widening the existing motorways, or building new ones...

the southern sector of the M0 is about to be doubled to 2x3+em.lane next year, it will make a big difference...

but IMO we should not only widen the existing route but build a new bypass between the M1 and M5 to move the heavy transit traffic of the IVth corridor (romania, bulgaria) farther from budapest...

Old September 11th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #1113
Qwert

This restriction is connected with increase if minimal speed on 80 km/h so there will be no need for trucks to overtake. But, I agree, better solution is increase of the capacity of the entire network, but it's also a bit more expansive.

The second ring is good idea, but now Hungary must finish M0 as soon as possible. When it will be finished its capacity will be enough for some time. But, that your proposal should be definitely added into long term plans.
Old September 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #1114
H123Laci
BANNED

expansive or expensive?

well, the transport industry pays MUCH MORE fuel (and vehicle) tax than the maintenance and development of the network...
so money is NO problem...

unfortunately the M0 wont be finished quickly:
the western sector will be really expensive ('cos of the terrain - long viaducts and tunnels need to be built) and the stupid greenies will protest against it with full force...

the next 9km (between the 11 and 10) is planned to be opened in 2015...

the capacity is a complicated question:

IMO the 2x2lanes will be enough for a long time on the eastern-northern-western section (M5-M3-11-M1)

but - as I said earlier - the southern sector is very crowded already 'cos of the huge transit traffic of the IVth corridor (and the agglomeration traffic)...

currently it has a 120% load (compared to the nominal capacity).
by widening it to 2x3 its load will decrease only to 86%...
only 17% traffic volume increase will make it full again.

so IMO the second southern bypass is very urgent...

Last edited by H123Laci; September 11th, 2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old September 11th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #1115
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19357

Quote:
Originally Posted by H123Laci View Post
expansive or expensive?

well, the transport industry pays MUCH MORE fuel (and vehicle) tax than the maintenance and development of the network...
The government doesn't think that way. They set a budget, wether the road users bring in 2, 10 or 20 times as much money.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #1116
Qwert

Quote:
expansive or expensive?

unfortunately the M0 wont be finished quickly:
the western sector will be really expensive ('cos of the terrain - long viaducts and tunnels need to be built) and the stupid greenies will protest against it with full force...

the next 9km (between the 11 and 10) is planned to be opened in 2015...

the capacity is a complicated question:

IMO the 2x2lanes will be enough for a long time on the eastern-northern-western section (M5-M3-11-M1)

but - as I said earlier - the southern sector is very crowded already 'cos of the huge transit traffic of the IVth corridor (and the agglomeration traffic)...

currently it has a 120% load (compared to the nominal capacity).
by widening it to 2x3 its load will decrease only to 86%...
only 17% traffic volume increase will make it full again.

so IMO the second southern bypass is very urgent...
Expensive of course.

Money in hands of politicians are always problem.

Western part of M0 is not that crucial, but it should be definitely build as soon as possible. Widening of southern part between M1 and M5 on 2x3 is also needed. No disputes about it. After it you will have two options. First one is western M0 and the second one is the second ring. I strongly doubt they would be built simultaneously so only one must be chosen to be built first. Western M0 could lower congestion on southern M0 a bit since traffic from M1, M7 and M6 to M2 and M3 will use it, but this is not very big part of the traffic on M0 I guess. But, definitive (or at least very long term) solution of traffic problems on southern M0 will be of course mentioned second ring.
Old September 12th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #1117
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The government doesn't think that way. They set a budget, wether the road users bring in 2, 10 or 20 times as much money.
Ok, I know that...

I mean this "money is no problem" on conceptual level...

e.g.: if we want a better health care, better education or better national defence money IS problem, 'cos people DO NOT want to pay more fore it (actually they want to pay LESS)

but in case of roads you DO NOT need to pay more as a ROAD USER 'cos you pay far more than enough already...

so we need only to put that money where it belongs to... (to roads)

ok, I know this money will be missing from somewhere (from health care, from education or from national defence) but that is another story and another problem...

and that sectors will miss that money for only a short time, 'cos the upgrade of a congested network will pay back the investment very quickly...
(of coursse I mean NOT by tolls but by increasing economy and GDP and welfare!! - yes, the transport is a very important part of our life and welfare...)

Last edited by H123Laci; September 12th, 2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #1118
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
After it you will have two options. First one is western M0 and the second one is the second ring. I strongly doubt they would be built simultaneously so only one must be chosen to be built first. Western M0 could lower congestion on southern M0 a bit since traffic from M1, M7 and M6 to M2 and M3 will use it, but this is not very big part of the traffic on M0 I guess. But, definitive (or at least very long term) solution of traffic problems on southern M0 will be of course mentioned second ring.
well, they are not so big projects that they couldnt be built simultaneously...
2nd bypass is about 70km, western sector is 18km...
(we were building between 200km and 300km of motorway simultaneously in 2005 or 2006...)

the problem is that the western sector SHOULD NOT be used to reduce the traffic on the southern sector.
the M3<->M1/M7 transit (corridor V) have to be directed to the eastern and southern sector (and not into the buda hills)

the western sector should be used only by the M2/11/10<->M1/M7M6 transit (which traverses the city currently) and the aglomeration traffic of course...

Last edited by H123Laci; September 12th, 2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #1119
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19357

Quote:
(and that sectors will miss that money for a short time, 'cos the upgrade of a congested network will pay back the investment very quickly...)
In the Netherlands, they spend about 2 - 2.5 billion euro's for roadways, yet the estimated loss for the economy is 3 - 4 billion euro's per year in direct damage.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #1120
H123Laci
BANNED

so you see what i am talking about...

the problem is:
the spending is a real money, the loss is an imaginary money... (at least for an average tax payer, most of them are unable to understand it...)

I think the best investment currently your government could do is upgrading your road network...

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways