daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 4th, 2006, 02:08 AM   #101
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 102

Great stuff guys. Thanks for the info on Hungarian motorways.
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2006, 02:08 AM   #102
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 102

Great stuff guys. Thanks for the info on Hungarian motorways.
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #103
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9376

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokpit
Thanks for info Qtya One more question: do you know what is the final planned length of entire highway network (Motorways & Expressways) in HU?
Probably 5000 km, like in Poland...
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #104
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Thanks for info Qtya One more question: do you know what is the final planned length of entire highway network (Motorways & Expressways) in HU?
Probably 5000 km, like in Poland...
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:55 PM   #105
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Seriously, I dont know... But I'll sniff around...
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:55 PM   #106
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Seriously, I dont know... But I'll sniff around...
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #107
Qtya
sensational

Morning I've read in one of the daily newspapers , that our government has only one month left to smoothen its "sweetheart" the Second National Development Plan which is mainly based on the Europen Union's budget benefits. Between 2007-2013 Hungary can call down 8000 billion Forints which is an estimated 30 billion Euros (on today's exchange rates). I'm keenly interested what the finished Second National Development Plan will contain. I'm pretty sure that the development of the transit-network is going to get a huge boost. I'll keep you informed about this as well.
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #108
Qtya
sensational

Morning I've read in one of the daily newspapers , that our government has only one month left to smoothen its "sweetheart" the Second National Development Plan which is mainly based on the Europen Union's budget benefits. Between 2007-2013 Hungary can call down 8000 billion Forints which is an estimated 30 billion Euros (on today's exchange rates). I'm keenly interested what the finished Second National Development Plan will contain. I'm pretty sure that the development of the transit-network is going to get a huge boost. I'll keep you informed about this as well.
Old September 4th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #109
Qtya
sensational

The M7 Motorway

The M7 Motorway/Highway is probably one of the oldest developments of the World. It was started in 1964... And it will be finished in 2008. 44 years... No comment... Today the M7 is a none consecutive highway. Its finished between Budapest and Zamardi (90 km). This section was completely modernized durring 2001-2002.

From Zamardi until Balatonszárszó with the viaduct at Köröshegy (pics in the 6th post and here

is going to be finished just before next Christmas if the constructor can work as planned. This section is 14 kms long.
After Balatonszárszó the highway is finished on 46 kms until it reaches Balatonkersztúr. The sector between Balatonkeresztúr and Nagykanizsa (36 kms) is way behind schedule. The government will enounce the winner of that tender this Wednesday. Hopefully...
From Nagykanizsa until Becsehely (17 kms) the highway is in a very advanced condition. Its near completion. We can drive on it from this December.
Here are some photos of this section from the mid-summer:

The highway between Becsehely and Letenye (9 kms) is again finished, construczions ended 2004.11.
Some pictures of this section with the M70 expressway connection:

There is one little piece of the M7 highway left. 1 km at the Croatian border with the bridge over the Mura river. This part of the development is under international public procurement, and I know nothing about it.

Please help me on this one if somebody knows more!

Now the summery of M7:

90+14+46+36+17+9+1 (kms) = 213 kms
The complete highway hopefully will be finished in 2008.
Old September 4th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #110
Qtya
sensational

The M7 Motorway

The M7 Motorway/Highway is probably one of the oldest developments of the World. It was started in 1964... And it will be finished in 2008. 44 years... No comment... Today the M7 is a none consecutive highway. Its finished between Budapest and Zamardi (90 km). This section was completely modernized durring 2001-2002.

From Zamardi until Balatonszárszó with the viaduct at Köröshegy (pics in the 6th post and here

is going to be finished just before next Christmas if the constructor can work as planned. This section is 14 kms long.
After Balatonszárszó the highway is finished on 46 kms until it reaches Balatonkersztúr. The sector between Balatonkeresztúr and Nagykanizsa (36 kms) is way behind schedule. The government will enounce the winner of that tender this Wednesday. Hopefully...
From Nagykanizsa until Becsehely (17 kms) the highway is in a very advanced condition. Its near completion. We can drive on it from this December.
Here are some photos of this section from the mid-summer:

The highway between Becsehely and Letenye (9 kms) is again finished, construczions ended 2004.11.
Some pictures of this section with the M70 expressway connection:

There is one little piece of the M7 highway left. 1 km at the Croatian border with the bridge over the Mura river. This part of the development is under international public procurement, and I know nothing about it.

Please help me on this one if somebody knows more!

Now the summery of M7:

90+14+46+36+17+9+1 (kms) = 213 kms
The complete highway hopefully will be finished in 2008.
Old September 4th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #111
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2772

And the M7 is the only motorway in Hungary which has 3 lanes (from Balaton to Budapest)
Old September 4th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #112
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2772

And the M7 is the only motorway in Hungary which has 3 lanes (from Balaton to Budapest)
Old September 4th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #113
Qtya
sensational

The M70 Expressway

This mainroad was built in 2003-2004. Its a 20 km long 2-laned road connecting Hungary and Slovenia. The M70 starts from the M7 highway at Letenye and ends at the boarder town of Tornyiszentmiklós. As far as I know the government will enounce the result of the widening tender to this development this fall, so the winner can finish this little highway-section by 2007.12.

Some pictures of the existing expressway:

Old September 4th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #114
Qtya
sensational

The M70 Expressway

This mainroad was built in 2003-2004. Its a 20 km long 2-laned road connecting Hungary and Slovenia. The M70 starts from the M7 highway at Letenye and ends at the boarder town of Tornyiszentmiklós. As far as I know the government will enounce the result of the widening tender to this development this fall, so the winner can finish this little highway-section by 2007.12.

Some pictures of the existing expressway:

Old September 4th, 2006, 09:17 PM   #115
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Until 2015 if all the development plans go through from the today's 880 kms (highways + expressway) Hungary's transit-network will rise to 2800-3000 kms.

Old September 4th, 2006, 09:17 PM   #116
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Until 2015 if all the development plans go through from the today's 880 kms (highways + expressway) Hungary's transit-network will rise to 2800-3000 kms.

Old September 4th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #117
NEWWORLD

Likes (Received): 87

great picks. Location of Hungary in the region and Budapest within the country are perfect. Not to mention geographical features all together make Hungary perfect place for high-speed highways. I enjoy seeing progress and this is definately it. Keep up the good work

Отац Тадеј
NEWWORLD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #118
NEWWORLD

Likes (Received): 87

great picks. Location of Hungary in the region and Budapest within the country are perfect. Not to mention geographical features all together make Hungary perfect place for high-speed highways. I enjoy seeing progress and this is definately it. Keep up the good work

Отац Тадеј
NEWWORLD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 11:46 PM   #119
alien
.:junglist : and . AFOL:.

Likes (Received): 535

apollo vs bridge in hungary

i am curious about who designed hungarian bridge. if it design were bought from architect of apollo bridge.
or are in architecture also some rules to protect architect like other authors (musicians/writers/programmers)...

on the left is apollo, on the right hungarian highway bridge

alien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 11:46 PM   #120
alien
.:junglist : and . AFOL:.

Likes (Received): 535

apollo vs bridge in hungary

i am curious about who designed hungarian bridge. if it design were bought from architect of apollo bridge.
or are in architecture also some rules to protect architect like other authors (musicians/writers/programmers)...

on the left is apollo, on the right hungarian highway bridge

alien no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways