daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 29th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #1321
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by H123Laci View Post
why should we build a motorway for roman workers and truckers?

we have many roads to build for hungarians...
I think a southern east-west axis would benefit Hungarians too. After all, people from Szeged probably also travel to Slovenia, Italy and Spain. Not to mention cities like Pécs and Nagykanizsa. And the southern Budapest M0 ring would be mostly spared of the enormous amounts of traffic.

Also, IMO a direct and more important road connection between Kaposvár and Baja is necessary. The current roads are quite windy and narrow.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:12 PM   #1322
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
I think a southern east-west axis would benefit Hungarians too.
Maybe not a motorway, but I was always wondering how come there's no major (straight) road connecting SE and SW Hungary. First of all, there are cities like Szeged, Pécs, Nagykanizsa etc. on the way, and also connection between neighboring countries (like Slovenia and Romania). It became evident to me during the Balkan wars and later isolation of Serbia, when traffic between Slovenia and Romania would run through southern Hungary. I mean, to go all the way to Budapest is rather insane, particularly back then. What would be the best way from Slovenia (A5/M70) to Romania (or Szeged)?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #1323
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
I think a southern east-west axis would benefit Hungarians too. After all, people from Szeged probably also travel to Slovenia, Italy and Spain. Not to mention cities like Pécs and Nagykanizsa.
we have many overcrowded roads to relieve. that should be the priority...
the roads near the southern border (between szeged-szekszárd-nagykanizsa) are not crowded, so a little upgrade is enough on that roads...

LARGER

Quote:
And the southern Budapest M0 ring would be mostly spared of the enormous amounts of traffic.
southern M0 should be relieved by a new danube bridge to the csepel island at budafok (southern budapest)...

Quote:
Also, IMO a direct and more important road connection between Kaposvár and Baja is necessary. The current roads are quite windy and narrow.
dont you mean szekszárd?
(the M9 is planned along the szekszárd-kaposvár route...)

Last edited by H123Laci; October 29th, 2008 at 09:48 PM.
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #1324
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

According to that map,after the M4-M35 combo,the M49-M8 would be the most loaded(excluding M6). The thing that was built "badly" is the divergence of M3 and M35. If they were to diverge near main road 4,then they could have removed the traffic from it between Nyíregyháza and Debrecen...
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2008, 02:18 PM   #1325
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

There was a plan M81 between Székesfehérvár-Komárom but it´s not going to happen...., at least not before ´15.[/QUOTE]
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2008, 04:43 PM   #1326
Verso
Islander

Quote:
I don't like this map showing double width of lines on motorways, just b/c they are motorways. Look at the border crossing with Croatia on M7, for example, and compare it with the one with Slovenia (road #86, not M70). The Croatian one is thicker, but has half less traffic, when you look at the numbers.
Old October 31st, 2008, 06:42 PM   #1327
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
I don't like this map showing double width of lines on motorways, just b/c they are motorways. Look at the border crossing with Croatia on M7, for example, and compare it with the one with Slovenia (road #86, not M70). The Croatian one is thicker, but has half less traffic, when you look at the numbers.
what was aberage annual traffic at Pince - Tornyiszentmiklós in last 2 years? where could we see some table with average traffic in Slovenia (and Hungary)?
Old October 31st, 2008, 07:15 PM   #1328
Verso
Islander

^ 517 in the previous year; must be some 20× more now. But the border crossing north of it shows just 5,258, quite different than 12,121 according to Hungarians.
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:02 PM   #1329
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

from what we see on that map, development of m4 is very important, as the national road is really crowded.it will also absorb lot of traffic from romania, after we build transilvania motorway.also m43 is very important, the traffic between szeged and nagylak is really important.also if hungary builds a motorway ring across the country from szeged to gyor through paks-balatonkenese-veszprem, they will manage to 'steal' some traffic from serbia-croatia-slovenia route.it will also relieve congestion from budapest area and contribute to developing areas that are currently far from motorways.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:40 PM   #1330
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
^ 517 in the previous year; must be some 20× more now. But the border crossing north of it shows just 5,258, quite different than 12,121 according to Hungarians.
20x? that's much more than both border-crossings up to now. and this map shows average traffic in august when Letenye/Goričan has definitely much more traffic than and SLO-H border crossing.

and according to this datum you gave me difference is not that large - Letenye/Goričan had more than 3000 average (for whole year) in 2007 (with 10% growth from 2006). i'm talking only about border crossing. you are showing us datum about approaching roads, which allways have larger traffic volume.
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:10 PM   #1331
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
20x? that's much more than both border-crossings up to now.
I posted that before I saw the Slovenian pic.

Quote:
and this map shows average traffic in august when Letenye/Goričan has definitely much more traffic than and SLO-H border crossing.
Yeah, it seems it says August, but how come the Croatian border crossing has half less traffic than the one with Slovenia? 5,764 is extremely low for August, I can't believe these numbers.

Quote:
and according to this datum you gave me difference is not that large - Letenye/Goričan had more than 3000 average (for whole year) in 2007 (with 10% growth from 2006). i'm talking only about border crossing. you are showing us datum about approaching roads, which allways have larger traffic volume.
I have no idea what you're saying here, x-type.
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:16 PM   #1332
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19404

datum = date I guess (In Dutch it is).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:18 PM   #1333
Verso
Islander

No, I think he means singular of 'data'. But I still don't know where he got 3,000 etc.
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:32 PM   #1334
x-type
con los terroristas

yeah, data-datum. i think that data that you gave is not for border crossing, but for road that leads to border crossing, and those roads allways have larger traffic volume than border crossings themselves. definitely traffic volume is larger at H-SLO route than at Letenye-Goričan, i'm not declining that. but i asked you for definite fact about traffic volume at SLO-H border crossings (not maps, but some tables).
Goričan had average summer traffic 6563 in 2007, so it has app. double traffic volume comparing to whole year.
Old October 31st, 2008, 10:09 PM   #1335
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9416

Datum is date in Hungarian too...

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2008, 01:14 AM   #1336
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Datum is date in Hungarian too...
I think it's in every language except English.

Quote:
yeah, data-datum. i think that data that you gave is not for border crossing, but for road that leads to border crossing, and those roads allways have larger traffic volume than border crossings themselves. definitely traffic volume is larger at H-SLO route than at Letenye-Goričan, i'm not declining that. but i asked you for definite fact about traffic volume at SLO-H border crossings (not maps, but some tables).
Goričan had average summer traffic 6563 in 2007, so it has app. double traffic volume comparing to whole year.
I showed you data for the last road sections before the border, and the data were collected at the border crossings, you can see it here. Now I still don't know where you got your figures, I guess you have some Croatian stats; indeed I remember AADT of the Letenye/Goričan border crossing being 2-3,000.

Main road through southern Hungary. Quite straight route.

Old November 1st, 2008, 11:38 AM   #1337
x-type
con los terroristas

this is a good table, thank you i wanted to see datum for other roads in Slovenia too, and i usually don't believe to those numbers at maps, i prefer tables, that's why i wanted it. btw, i took numbers for Leteye-Goričan here (pg. 38) - those are officialy datum for HR
Old November 1st, 2008, 11:48 AM   #1338
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
from what we see on that map, development of m4 is very important, as the national road is really crowded.it will also absorb lot of traffic from romania, after we build transilvania motorway.
thats right.
sadly we are building M6 instead of M4...

Quote:
also if hungary builds a motorway ring across the country from szeged to gyor through paks-balatonkenese-veszprem, they will manage to 'steal' some traffic from serbia-croatia-slovenia route.it will also relieve congestion from budapest area and contribute to developing areas that are currently far from motorways.
there is a halfring planned, but not between szeged-győr, but kecskemét-győr (on the kecskemét-dunaújváros-győr route... the bridge at dunaújváros is ready...)

but this is not too urgent.
next year we start widening (from 2x2 to 2x3+e) the M0 southern sector (between M5 and M1), so the congestion will be eliminated there...
Old November 1st, 2008, 12:22 PM   #1339
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Main road through southern Hungary. Quite straight route.
well, there is a little detour (from the straight line) at pécs, but there is a quite hilly terrain...

note:
the google plans the route between nagylak and pince on the M5-M0-M7 route (stat: 464km / 5h:5m)

forcing it to plan near the border it creates a route of 418km / 6h:57m...

so you spare less than 50km but loose almost 2 hours... not a good deal...

I think the best route is in the middle: (420km / 5h:37m)

check it here
Old November 1st, 2008, 12:43 PM   #1340
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
thats right.
sadly we are building M6 instead of M4...
Thats not entirely true. Chunks of it are ready or will be built in the upcoming years. According to this:
http://web.kozut.hu/uploads/media/BO...ANY_1_2007.pdf
,traffic on main road 4 in average is between 10000 and 20000,but on main road 6,it ranges from 5000 to 30000, so I'd say both are heavily used.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways