daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 21st, 2008, 08:08 AM   #1601
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
no trucker will choose romania-serbia-croatia-slovenia-italy route because there are 6 border control posts.on romania-hungary-austria/slovenia-italy route there is only ONE control post(romania-hungary joint border control).these border crossings costs lot of time for truckers, and TIME IS MONEY.
yeah, thats a problem.

the solution: EU have to be extended to croatia and serbia and voila, the problem is solved without any extra motorway....

Quote:
it's your job as a country to try to absorb a greater part of international traffic because it generates money(proffit for rest areas, vignettes) and that's why a good infrastructure is necessary.
yeah, the transit trucks will pay the price of 100kms of new motorways with the 10euro stickers...

good infrastructure is really necessary, but our main roads are also part of this infrastructure.
and they are in extremely shit condition...

Quote:
besides,m8 and m9 will connect parts of country that are quite far from current motorways, and will boost economy in some poorer areas.and, if u start thinking now about these motorways, they will be ready probably in 2015-2017 and traffic will increase a lot till then.with m8, m9 and existing radial motorways build till country's borders, motorway system in hungary is quite finished.
an advice: dont dream awake...

IMO the development of the main road network is also boosts eco and you can develop 5 times more main road than motorway from the same money...
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2008, 08:19 AM   #1602
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw35 View Post
Nope nope.

Helsinki corridors (and TEN and other similar exercises) it's just a load of bureaucratic bull-sh!t, essentially lines drawn by Bruxelles.
Besides, I was using the notion "corridor" as it is used in Transportation Engineering, has nothing to do with the pan-european corridors.
ok. heres the question again:

what bypasses do you suggest for bratislava, praha, dresden?

they are on the IVth corridor like budapest and their current bypasses (if there are any) are as close to these cities as the M0 to budapest or even closer...

do you think that all of them are stupid only we are the wise and clever?

in other words: why dont they plan huge bypasses - which go 40-60km away from these towns?

(b/c NOBODY plans this kind of bypasses apart from us... )
Old December 21st, 2008, 08:23 AM   #1603
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BND View Post
This was Röszke on Saturday:

It means holidays are coming
this looks like hegyeshalom (when my parents came home from austria) although theres no border control...
Old December 21st, 2008, 08:28 AM   #1604
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
Currently the jam at the checkpoint paralysed Szeged...literally.
how do you mean?
do you want to say the queue reached the M43 IC? (it would be a 15km long queue...)
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:42 PM   #1605
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
How's the Röszke border crossing into Serbia? I heard the Serbian - Croatian border crossings are pretty bad (strict controls by the military), but Röszke might be better?
there's no military anymore. Serbia kept military on border till 30th October 2006, Croatian military left border somewhen in 1990s. the only problem at the border could be gastarbeiters going home to Bulgaria, Turkey, Serbia, Macedonia who can make crowds in holidays' seasons. there's even no things as 10€ for desinfection or similar things which could be seen at bulgarian or romanian borders (of course, no bills for those services).
Old December 21st, 2008, 03:46 PM   #1606
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Unfortunatly (but understandable) Hungary is slowing down with constructions of new motorways for the upcoming years. The good news is that the railroad-system is going to be better. (IN TIME!!!).
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 03:56 PM   #1607
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
Unfortunatly (but understandable) Hungary is slowing down with constructions of new motorways for the upcoming years. The good news is that the railroad-system is going to be better. (IN TIME!!!).
we should plow up the rail tracks, so we could spare quite a huge amount of money...

and this money could be (re)dericted to the roads...
Old December 21st, 2008, 04:21 PM   #1608
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by H123Laci View Post
we should plow up the rail tracks, so we could spare quite a huge amount of money...

and this money could be (re)dericted to the roads...
What about those people without cars??
....They can "just" buy one
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 04:29 PM   #1609
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

It has been calculated that it would be cheaper to stop all public transportation and hire a taxi for those who really have no alternative in certain situations (as in: non-megacitie situations). But it differs from location to location ofcourse.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 04:56 PM   #1610
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
What about those people without cars??
....They can "just" buy one
they can go by bus... (buses need roads too... )

well, my previous post was a little bit excessive... but iam a little bit angry about this railway-strike... (******* sonofabitches leaves commuters is shit...)

so, i think the main lines shouldnt be plow up, it is needed for goods hauling...

(there are some goods which can be hauled by trains economically)

and whithout the pessenger trains on the tracks the goodstrains could be travel much more freely and in greater volume...
Old December 21st, 2008, 04:59 PM   #1611
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19383

Quote:

so, i think the main lines shouldnt be plow up, it is needed for goods hauling...

(there are some goods which can be hauled by trains economically)
Is it much? In the Netherlands it is 0,8% vs 99,2% if you compare it with truck tonnage.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 05:00 PM   #1612
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
It has been calculated that it would be cheaper to stop all public transportation and hire a taxi for those who really have no alternative in certain situations (as in: non-megacitie situations). But it differs from location to location ofcourse.
yeah...
two years ago our transp. minister said the same when they explained the plan for plowing up some feeder lines...
Old December 21st, 2008, 05:12 PM   #1613
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Is it much? In the Netherlands it is 0,8% vs 99,2% if you compare it with truck tonnage.
well, its not insignificant. check this graph:

legend:
green: rail / red: road / blue: water/ grey: pipe

vertical axis: bilion tonna km

I support the rail when it is profitable. but I do not support subsidizing of rail cargo...
Old December 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM   #1614
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
how do you mean?
do you want to say the queue reached the M43 IC? (it would be a 15km long queue...)
http://www.delmagyar.hu/szeged_hirek...enel_/2081739/

A határátkelőhelyen kilépésre várakozó autósor az M5-ös autópályán egészen a Szeged- Észak lehajtóig torlódott fel, valamint az M43-ason is több kilométeres sor áll, ezért a rendőrség arra kéri az autósokat, hogy Szeged- Nyugatnál hagyják el az autópályát, akik Szegedre igyekeznek. A rendőrök a Szeged- Észak lehajtónál jelen vannak, illetve szakaszolják a forgalmat a Budapesti krt - Dorozsmai út kereszteződésében is.

Quote:
I support the rail when it is profitable. but I do not support subsidizing of rail cargo...
MÁV Cargo is not subsidized. It actually brings profit(and was sold because if it to ÖBB...)
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 10:16 PM   #1615
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
wow. thats ridiculous...
I presume the serb border check is too slow...

Quote:
MÁV Cargo is not subsidized. It actually brings profit(and was sold because if it to ÖBB...)
I dont know the costs and revenues...
is the track toll enough for track repair and development?
if not it is subsidized.

e.g. I know the RoLa (szeged-wels) is subsidized.
it is reduces the traffic on the M5-M0-M1 route by 80truck/day for 3million euro/year subsidy...
(thats ridiculous low number... )
Old December 21st, 2008, 10:43 PM   #1616
RawLee

MÁV doesnt own the tracks,the country does. Both Start,Cargo and Trakció pay for their usage. And Cargo brings in profit. And soon will Trakció too.
I coldnt find exact numbers,but I've found some sources claiming a few billion HUFs.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:39 AM   #1617
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
MÁV doesnt own the tracks,the country does. Both Start,Cargo and Trakció pay for their usage. And Cargo brings in profit. And soon will Trakció too.
I coldnt find exact numbers,but I've found some sources claiming a few billion HUFs.
wow. I didnt know that.
thats correct situation: usage of tracks generates revenues to the budget.

but "few billions" is ridiculous low...
the repair and development of tracks recquires at least 100billion/year...

the road users pay much more: somewhere between 600-800mrd/year...
Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM   #1618
RawLee

Its the reason why NIF handles those projects. NIF handles all projects that are built(or already owned) by the country. If it is not the case(so its PPP),then they only oversee it.

Just think of it. If MÁV would own the tracks,that would be monopoly,which is against the law(because they would allow only those private companies to operate,who pay bribe). And since there are a number of private operators in the country...its the same with roads. If you own the road("private road",as the law puts it),you decide who can use it...
Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:32 PM   #1619
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

i doubt that MÁV could own tracks because you have another strong operater - GySEV. btw do they do only passenger traffic or also freight?
Old December 22nd, 2008, 02:53 PM   #1620
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Its the reason why NIF handles those projects.
thats clear.

they should increase the track toll at least tenfold (a 20-30* increase would be more better) and this revenue would be enough for great developments...

(or everybody would flee from the rail... )

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways