daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Sri Lanka > Infrastructure, Transportation & Economy

Infrastructure, Transportation & Economy Discussing developments in infrastructure, transportation & economy

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 25th, 2010, 03:33 AM   #201
Colombo Express

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Standard View Post
What i can see on the pics above looks in its substance ( taking the size of Sri Lanka in consideration ) far better than what i saw from other venues over and over promised to be "world class"
A completed stadium in sri lanka...Dambulla International Stadium

Colombo Express no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 25th, 2010, 03:35 AM   #202
saraprobe

Likes (Received): 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig View Post
Man wat the hell ? It looks just like the Dambulla, except, It will be smaller, have a curvy thing on the grandstand,media box and where will the seats be applied ? only at the top ? man howz dis gonna hold dat much people ?
As far as I know except the grand stand, other area will have open stands, same with the Kandy stadium.
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #203
tig

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by napstersl View Post
Construction at the Suriyawewa Stadium, Hambantota

Photographer/Owner: Pradeep Balaji
Site: http://www.islandcricket.lk
http://www.islandcricket.lk/photos/c...ium_hambantota
What the heck ? where are the two other stands ? man,
tig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:29 PM   #204
Colombo Express

pallekele update

Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:33 PM   #205
tig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombo Express View Post
looks good so far, but Suriyawewa and Pallekele, still haven't started on their 2 other stands beside the grandstand, hope they finish it soon, i wanna see how it looks during West indies tour
Old September 5th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #206
Colombo Express

Quote:
looks good so far, but Suriyawewa and Pallekele, still haven't started on their 2 other stands beside the grandstand, hope they finish it soon, i wanna see how it looks during West indies tour
Its a shame there wont be any additional stands at Hamba..I reliably learnt that there would be Marquees instead...what a shame after all the hype..a stadium with a grandstand and a media box only...
Old September 5th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #207
tig

Quote:
Its a shame there wont be any additional stands at Hamba..I reliably learnt that there would be Marquees instead...what a shame after all the hype..a stadium with a grandstand and a media box only...
What ? are you serious ? Where did you hear this ?
Then, why build a new stadium here ?, Whats the difference between Suriyawewa and Dambulla ? They could have replaced the floodlights, built a media box, and built couple of stands at dambulla; instead of wasting $10 million for political factors.

If its a finance problem, why can't they beg go beg ?

WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 5th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #208
Colombo Express

Quote:
What ? are you serious ? Where did you hear this ?
Then, why build a new stadium here ?, Whats the difference between Suriyawewa and Dambulla ? They could have replaced the floodlights, built a media box, and built couple of stands at dambulla; instead of wasting $10 million for political factors.

If its a finance problem, why can't they beg go beg ?

WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in the web site for ticket bookings..the tickets are for the grandstand and marquee tents...
Old September 6th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #209
tig

Quote:
in the web site for ticket bookings..the tickets are for the grandstand and marquee tents...
yea, i just saw it, wtf ? and Pallekelle`s extra 2 stands which was added later isn't there also. I was so excited, man this is just a big disappointment. And premadasa looks exactly same as the old one, except lil uglier. Do you have the construction plan of Premdasa stadium bro ?
Old September 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #210
Chariya
Trademark Reg.

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
yea, i just saw it, wtf ? and Pallekelle`s extra 2 stands which was added later isn't there also. I was so excited, man this is just a big disappointment. And premadasa looks exactly same as the old one, except lil uglier. Do you have the construction plan of Premdasa stadium bro ?
Well its a SL website so you cant expect plenty of information or for it be customer friendly or any recent news.. so forget it!! You will have to drag you ass down to the relevent office if you want to get anything done.
Chariya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #211
tig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariya View Post
Well its a SL website so you cant expect plenty of information or for it be customer friendly or any recent news.. so forget it!! You will have to drag you ass down to the relevent office if you want to get anything done.
LOL, itz a ICC website, so i think it is true and LMAO you are correct, but how are they gonna finish the construction by October if they didn;t even lay a single brick ?

DIssapointment, F*^K SL politics

Itz not suriaywewa, itz called Mahinda rajapakse International stadium
http://www.cricinfo.com/srilanka/con...nd/434210.html
Old September 7th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #212
lordvader

Likes (Received): 31

Im guessing the other stands will only be built if Hambantota gets the 2018 games
lordvader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #213
Colombo Express

Hamba Update....31/08/2010

btw I saw the west indian tour itenary with day night matches at Galle and SSC...does that mean their going to fix flood lights at those two venues?

Here is the link guys...

http://www.cricketworld4u.com/series/wi-in-sl-2010/

Last edited by Colombo Express; September 8th, 2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old September 8th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #214
tig

Quote:
Hamba Update....31/08/2010

btw I saw the west indian tour itenary with day night matches at Galle and SSC...does that mean their going to fix flood lights at those two venues?

Here is the link guys...

http://www.cricketworld4u.com/series/wi-in-sl-2010/
Nice pics : D
LOL, i dont think so, SLC is not organized, i think its a mistake there is no way they are going to add floodlights, beside SSC is privately owned
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #215
justy

Likes (Received): 0

http://www.cricinfo.com/srilanka/con...plate=fixtures

Last edited by justy; September 9th, 2010 at 10:12 AM.
justy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 06:22 AM   #216
Colombo Express

Quote:
Nice pics : D
LOL, i dont think so, SLC is not organized, i think its a mistake there is no way they are going to add floodlights, beside SSC is privately owned
but ssc has a serious plan to add flood lights...they have requested 100m from the cricket board and the balance 100m they are requesting their members and donors to pool out...here is the web site for donations..

www.ssclights.com
Old September 13th, 2010, 04:19 AM   #217
Poosa

President inspects the progress of Homagama-Diyagama International Cricket ground

Sept 12, Colombo: Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa this evening paid an inspection visit to his namesake International sports complex and International Cricket ground at Diyagama in Homagama to observe the progress of its construction.

The Mahinda Rajapaksa International Stadium in Diyagama, Homagama, about 15 kilometers southeast of capital Colombo will facilitate the sports of rugby, soccer, as well as athletics including track and field. The ground will comprise a swimming pool, a rifle shooting range and a gymnasium.

Two pavilions, one for the ball games and another for the track and field events that can accommodate more than 3,000 spectators each are also being constructed.

Chairman of the Sri Lanka Athletic Association Major General Palitha Fernando, Project Manager Lt. Col. N.P.K Jayawardena are also in the picture.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_1...84309007CH.php

(Photos by Chandana Perera)
Poosa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #218
phil.froelich

Interesting project, have passed it on several occasions, but so far it has received little media attention...
phil.froelich no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #219
tig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosa View Post
Sept 12, Colombo: Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa this evening paid an inspection visit to his namesake International sports complex and International Cricket ground at Diyagama in Homagama to observe the progress of its construction.

The Mahinda Rajapaksa International Stadium in Diyagama, Homagama, about 15 kilometers southeast of capital Colombo will facilitate the sports of rugby, soccer, as well as athletics including track and field. The ground will comprise a swimming pool, a rifle shooting range and a gymnasium.

Two pavilions, one for the ball games and another for the track and field events that can accommodate more than 3,000 spectators each are also being constructed.

Chairman of the Sri Lanka Athletic Association Major General Palitha Fernando, Project Manager Lt. Col. N.P.K Jayawardena are also in the picture.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_1...84309007CH.php

(Photos by Chandana Perera)
Guys its not gonna be big as, Pallekle, Suriyawewa,Dambula or Premadasa, its gonna be more like SSC, probably like Tyronne Fernando Stadium
so there is nothign to be excited about

they should really builda stadium in Jaffna or Trinco/Batticola area.
Old September 14th, 2010, 07:47 AM   #220
saraprobe

Likes (Received): 241

First powerboat race in Sri Lanka will be held at Bolgoda Lake in June 2011