daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2008, 11:40 AM   #161
Infrasuper Planet
Infrasuper Planet

Likes (Received): 1

Thankgod, was about to say. I mean, it would look so bad without a skyline to fit into or other towers to compliment it. Almost like 101.
Anyway the design is very unique and interesting. It will be fascinating to see how they start building this.

Aerials are Beyond Ones Mind to Imagine.
We are watching the Future Rise from the depth of the Earth and into the Heavens ever Higher
Infrasuper Planet no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2008, 10:44 PM   #162
DarkTennouHito82

Likes (Received): 10

Oh my...this is amazing

Yes! This Tower is a piece of Beauty.

And it definately gonna start 5/2008?

Oh I can't wait to see this Tower risen up.
DarkTennouHito82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 06:42 PM   #163
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

korea2002, whats going on!?

The last renders you posted quite clearly show the tower in its original 560m design. Are these renders from before the height reduction or has the tower been redesigned at the same ratio as the taller version?
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 06:11 AM   #164
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Busan Vision 2015!

korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 01:46 PM   #165
korea2002

Busan Future skyline-WBCB+ Marine city+ Triple Square!

Old June 1st, 2008, 02:00 PM   #166
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

the skyline will look so great. only the tower on the right won't be build as the pic shows
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:08 PM   #167
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
the skyline will look so great. only the tower on the right won't be build as the pic shows
Haewundae tourist resourt? I never seen any new renderings of it, I'm pretty sure that is the current design of it.
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:10 PM   #168
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

The skyline in the last pic has something away from a city in the years 2050! SO FUTURISTIC!
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:11 PM   #169
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

no, that's not the current design. we've a thread for it, just look
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:43 AM   #170
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyckske Ruben View Post
The skyline in the last pic has something away from a city in the years 2050! SO FUTURISTIC!
I am sorry but I would call it a futuristic disasterous city. A meaningless high skyline does not enhance the look of the city or the city life. They need to be purposeful to enhance the city life rather than just pursue heights with Sci-Fi toy buildings.

Last edited by architec101; June 22nd, 2008 at 07:28 AM.
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #171
skyscrapercity
초고층빌딩

Likes (Received): 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
I am sorry but I would call it a futuristci disaster, a meaningless high skyline does not enhance the look of the city or the city life. They need to be purposeful to enhance the city life rather than just pursue heights with Sci-Fi toy buildings.
I am sorry but I would call you a person of unripe judgment.
Because Busan already has a full of city life
and has pursued to enhance the city life for a long long time.

You need to be more thoughtful rather than just judge the city by the skin-deep look of the city through just couple of pictures here like this.

In real life, no one dare to pursue meaningless high skyline with Sci-Fi toy buildings.
cause it will cost an arm and a leg just building the half of one Sci-fi toy

Last edited by skyscrapercity; June 16th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.
skyscrapercity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:09 PM   #172
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
I am sorry but I would call it a futuristci disaster, a meaningless high skyline does not enhance the look of the city or the city life. They need to be purposeful to enhance the city life rather than just pursue heights with Sci-Fi toy buildings.
Excuse me, but Busan and most cities in South Korea have just as much city life than any other cities around the world. Do you even travel around the world? I've lived in Europe (London for 3 years), USA (New York, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Baltimore) and in Latin America (Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, etc) and NO city can compare to city life of Korean cities except maybe New York. What do you mean by "not enhancing the look of the city?" Do you want Korean cities to look exactly like a North American city or a city in Asia? Seriously, the only single great city in the Americas with a "city life" is New York and in Europe, it's Paris. From my experience living abroad for more than 15+ years, I have NEVER seen so much city life ANYWHERE except for Seoul and Tokyo and Busan is not far from it either.
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2008, 07:25 AM   #173
architec101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
Excuse me, but Busan and most cities in South Korea have just as much city life than any other cities around the world. Do you even travel around the world? I've lived in Europe (London for 3 years), USA (New York, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Baltimore) and in Latin America (Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, etc) and NO city can compare to city life of Korean cities except maybe New York. What do you mean by "not enhancing the look of the city?" Do you want Korean cities to look exactly like a North American city or a city in Asia? Seriously, the only single great city in the Americas with a "city life" is New York and in Europe, it's Paris. From my experience living abroad for more than 15+ years, I have NEVER seen so much city life ANYWHERE except for Seoul and Tokyo and Busan is not far from it either.
All right, settle down for a minute. What I meant to say is that SK cities should improve on their charismas, not just building highrises for the tallness' sake. I don't think you want Busan to look like a Sci-Fi city. I would like to see Busan to grow with an unique positive Charisma that people can remember by. In fact all of Koreans cities need their own charismas badly, a clean, attractive, exciting and different city with a lot for people to marvel at and look around. That's a good city living.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 07:45 AM   #174
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
All right, settle down for a minute. What I meant to say is that SK cities should improve on their charismas, not just building highrises for the tallness' sake. I don't think you want Busan to look like a Sci-Fi city. I would like to see Busan to grow with an unique positive Charisma that people can remember by. In fact all of Koreans cities need their own charismas badly, a clean, attractive, exciting and different city with a lot for people to marvel at and look around. That's a good city living.
Have you ever been to Korea? Korean cities nowadays are improving tremendously. The number of parks, walking areas and greenery around the apartments and residences are growing. Plus, so many redevelopment are going on in Korea. I think you are just judging by looking at those commie block apartments built back in the 70s-80s. Of course back then, landscaping and parks weren't on people's minds since they just needed to build as many apartments to accomodate the Korean population. Also, you need to understand that most major Korean cities are already unique and have their own "charisma". Seoul, the capital city is unique in itself as the cultural, financial, business, entertainment, residential, government center of Korea and is now building a supertall and undergoing massive beautification to symbolize the city. Busan is the major port, resort, beach city with many supertalls on its way to symbolize the city, and Incheon will soon become a major international business city and a transportation hub along with Incheon Towers being the symbol to gateway to Korea. However, other big cities (population over 1 million) in Korea like Daegu or Daejeon don't have significant importance so that's why not much is going on there and a "charisma" is not needed. I don't know what you mean by charsima but if you've ever lived in the U.S, every US city is identical as well except for the major cities like New York, Chicago, L.A, etc. Trust me, every American city is a clone of one another (town houses, strip malls, fast-food joints, gas stations, walmart, target, best buy)...so what charisma does American cities have that we can remember them by? You cannot expect every city to have a unique "charisma" (how you call it) when they don't have a significant importance other than another city where people live and work.

Last but not least, Korean cities are wayy more cleaner and exciting than most cities in the American continent. Where else in the American continent will you find cities where most business are open 24/7 and where you feel safe towalk around downtown late at
night not having to worry about drug-smuggling thugs and criminals out to get you? In the American continent, downtown is an area to avoid after hours whereas downtown is the place to go after hours in Korea. Please do some research next time before you start writing.

Last edited by brianmoon85; June 22nd, 2008 at 07:50 AM.
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM   #175
architec101
BANNED

Wow, you wrote all that. I must thank you for your enthusiasm but I've seen too much of SK.
Let me tell you what I don't like about the cities in SK. Too many commie style apartments are everywhere, downtown streets are covered by auto exhaust dust and filled with smelly air, bare grounds are everywhere(no turf), very few parks, and many unhappy people. More than enough bads to give Korean cities Cs on their ratings. I know I've been rather pessimistic about Korea but I would like to see more is done to improve the quality of city life rather than creating more congestions within them. A stylish city is what I am hoping for Busan.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 02:29 PM   #176
korea2002

Congratulations!! WBCB will be started soon!!!-Construction Fence for WBCB-2008.6.22

please change Preparation!!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 10:52 PM   #177
MARACUCHisimo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apteryx View Post

OMG! Damn... this is really impressive. So much time had happened since I was really shocked for a tower. This is absolutely Beautiful! Awesome! Great! Nice for you guys, congratulations!

Hope to see it completed someday by my own
MARACUCHisimo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 08:30 AM   #178
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Likes (Received): 129

The design is amazing but it looks very thin to even have a core.
Densetsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM   #179
citypia
future is today.

Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Wow, you wrote all that. I must thank you for your enthusiasm but I've seen too much of SK.
Let me tell you what I don't like about the cities in SK. Too many commie style apartments are everywhere, downtown streets are covered by auto exhaust dust and filled with smelly air, bare grounds are everywhere(no turf), very few parks, and many unhappy people. More than enough bads to give Korean cities Cs on their ratings. I know I've been rather pessimistic about Korea but I would like to see more is done to improve the quality of city life rather than creating more congestions within them. A stylish city is what I am hoping for Busan.
Hey, is there any close connection between your saying and Millennium Tower Bussiness Center here?
It is NOT a thread for your personal rating of the quality of city life or whatever. It is the thread for Millennium Tower World Bussiness Center, skyscraper!

Let me tell you something.
If you are so care about natural environment, why you are HERE?

You know, Busan recently have only few projects for building supertalls.
Not one single supertall is successfully constructed yet for now while tons of cities around the world have gone crazy for building supertalls already.

Don't take everything a simple approach.
No one is building a supertall only for beautifying skyline.
They is building tall buildings for their bussiness somehow.
It can surely be a possitive sigh that Busan economy begin to animate, ending the long depression all this while. It possibly stimulate to busan to bring back to life again.

Improve the quality of city life? down to earth, money in your poket can be the necessary and sufficient condition as a top priority to enjoy the city life.

Lastly, If you don't like futuristic disaster so much, then you are barking up the wrong tree here. Go Dubai.
Air pollution? tons of cities around world are worse than korean cities. why only Busan?

Anyway, I don't think you've seen too much of SK.
It seems you were there just for criticism. I highly soubt that you were really there to judge the cities rightly long enogh.
But I strongly agree that Busan or any cities in the world have to develop their own uniqueness in many ways.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by citypia; June 24th, 2008 at 02:06 PM.
citypia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #180
architec101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by citypia View Post
Hey, is there any close connection between your saying and Millennium Tower Bussiness Center here?
It is NOT a thread for your personal rating of the quality of city life or whatever. It is the thread for Millennium Tower World Bussiness Center, skyscraper!

Let me tell you something.
If you are so care about natural environment, why you are HERE?

You know, Busan recently have only few projects for building supertalls.
Not one single supertall is successfully constructed yet for now while tons of cities around the world have gone crazy for building supertalls already.

Don't take everything a simple approach.
No one is building a supertall only for beautifying skyline.
They is building tall buildings for their bussiness somehow.
It can surely be a possitive sigh that Busan economy begin to animate, ending the long depression all this while. It possibly stimulate to busan to bring back to life again.

Improve the quality of city life? down to earth, money in your poket can be the necessary and sufficient condition as a top priority to enjoy the city life.

Lastly, If you don't like futuristic disaster so much, then you are barking up the wrong tree here. Go Dubai.
Air pollution? tons of cities around world are worse than korean cities. why only Busan?

Anyway, I don't think you've seen too much of SK.
It seems you were there just for criticism. I highly soubt that you were really there to judge the cities rightly long enogh.
But I strongly agree that Busan or any cities in the world have to develop their own uniqueness in many ways.

Thanks anyway.
As if I had no idea what I was saying. Wow.