daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 11th, 2007, 12:08 AM   #1
Minato ku

Southern inner suburbs of Paris : part 2

See here

Last edited by Minato ku; January 25th, 2008 at 12:48 AM.
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #2
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

Oh, the so-often forgotten suburbs of Paris. I hope you take more pics of the inner-suburbs because the only time we see them here is usually as aerial images atop some tall structure, like the Eiffel Tower or Tour Montparnasse, or aboard some helicopter...but hardly at street-level, like these.

But I gotta say, Paris suburbs, no matter how dense and how close or even how adjacent they are to Paris intra-muros, are so overshadowed by the latter.

If only some of the inner suburbs were annexed by Paris, perhaps some culturally interesting neighborhoods would pop-up beyond the périphérique. Just as an example, in London and Berlin, for instance, you can end up going to some very interesting restaurant, museum/gallerie, bar/pub/lounge, club, or even a more-than-mediocre neighborhood bar in some neighborhood that is equidistant to many of the Paris suburbs shown here, because in London and Berlin they would still be "inside" the municipality. But in Paris, unless it's the few do-only-once historic landmarks (Chateau de Versailles, Chateau de Vincennes, St-Germain-en-Laye Chateau and National Museum of Prehistoric Art), or on the other extreme, some rap event hosted by suburban hipsters or those once-a-year festival, there is really no reason to go there, unless you are going to someone's party at their appartment or house, which intra-muros Parisians care to do, similar to the Manhattanite who refuses to go to some party in Brooklyn or even worse, Queens or the Bronx (but atleast Brooklyn, Queens and even the Bronx has some interesting things, especially Brooklyn).

It just seems to me that as long as the Paris suburbs consist of tiny municipalities, each run by their own mayor, they will continue to think like "small municipalities," because metropolitan areas can often be very much influenced by an administrative boundaries--many a projects do end at administrative boundaries, especially those funded by municipal taxes!

Luckily, Paris suburbs are seeing a great deal of office space development, and I'm not talking just about La Défense. That, on the other hand, is a good thing.

Anyway, hope to see more pics, minatu ku...just giving my opinion.
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 02:32 AM   #3
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

^ correction:
"at their appartment or house, which intra-muros Parisians OFTEN DON'T care to do..."
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #4
Minato ku

Igree edubejar
now Parisian go in those municality for a better life with their familly
Appartements has the same prices but these are newer and a bit larger.
These municipalities rae more park for children, school are better and This with the subway (Parisian of the 16th arrondissement go in Boulogne for do shopping
Cities like Montrouge, Chatillon, Issy les Moulineaux, Boulogne... are often called the 21th arrondissement of Paris.

Boulogne is in this picture (This beautiful picture was no taken by me )
image hosted on flickr
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #5
Minato ku

I added other pics of a municipality in the southern inner suburbs Issy les Moulineaux My camera is dead the day when I took these pictures

Val de Seine business district is where are located the majority of French Media TF1, France 2, France 3, France 4, Canalplus, France 5, Eurosport, Arte, France 24... This business district is located in the 15th district of Paris, Issy les Moulineaux and Boulogne Billancourt

33. RER and Tram station : Issy Val de Seine

34.Val de Seine

35. France 24 HQ

36. Other views of Val de Seine in Issy les Moulineaux

37. The last picture of my camera

Please comment

Last edited by Minato ku; April 19th, 2007 at 09:21 PM.
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 10:20 PM   #6
Europa.
Bosnian Kingdom

Likes (Received): 0

very nice and modern neighborhoods.. and very clean
Europa. no está en línea   Reply With Quote