daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > Victoria

Old June 9th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #861
manila_playa87
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

After another shocking day skyscraper wise on a very potential site it's always nice to recieve some good news

Dear manila_playa87,

We are pleased to confirm your appointment requested at 1.30pm on Monday 21st June at our UWS Display Suite, 613 Lonsdale Street just off Spencer Street, Melbourne.

Car parking is available onsite, entrance via Rose Alley which is next to our display suite. Please see X on map below, Melway reference 1A, B3.

You will be meeting with:-

Nathan Passas
Sales Executive | Residential
Colliers International

If you really need to reschedule your appointment please call 1300 896 064.

It is important to note that we will have a waiting list for priority appointments and this could result in limited availability i.e. until July 2010 (depending on the date of request for change).

If you would like to purchase an apartment after reviewing Melbourne’s newest master planned precinct, the process is as follows:-

1. A registration form will be completed and your selected apartment taken off the market.

2. A holding deposit of $2,000 in the form of cash, direct deposit, cheque or credit card is made (credit card payments will incur a 3% surcharge and Amex/Dinners not accepted). Please note if you decide not to proceed with the purchase before the Contract of Sale is signed then this $2,000 is fully refundable.

3. An appointment is made within 3 days to sign a Contract of Sale.

4. Your preferred colour scheme is selected.

5. Once you have signed your Contract of Sale you have 14 days to pay the 10% deposit.

THE UPPER WEST SIDE TEAM

Starting to get a lil excited about upper west side after all since the disappointment of it not being a 250m office tower has dissipated...
manila_playa87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 10th, 2010, 06:19 AM   #862
Dash 222

Likes (Received): 17

Did we ever confirm the final render for this development? Is it this one:-

Ground Floor - Retail mall from Spencer to Lonsdale

Tower Layouts
[/QUOTE]
Dash 222 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:21 AM   #863
John_Proctor

Likes (Received): 288

its different and some was posted more recently.

basically remove the stick men and add in some subtle colour variations across the building.
John_Proctor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:24 AM   #864
John_Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Proctor View Post
some more info for that corner... if any wants to cross post to walking melbourne..

hoepfully the last one is readable - has a few notes about wall retention and the water tank. obviously the internals of the heritage buildings are gutted though more or less.

you sort of get an idea of the towers amended facade treatment 'subtle colour change' in the images above.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:52 AM   #865
Dash 222

R.I.P. stickmen.
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #866
Cat
member dec 2002

yes think they took a dive when the developer realised they would have to pay copyright (the originals are worth millions).... shame really they could have commissioned something of their own local art
Cat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:34 AM   #867
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 601

silvermb your pic takes me straight back to Berlin 2000.....The red box in the sky near Potsdamer Platz.....sure they got the inspiration from there? That was just a temporary structure as well.
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #868
octy

Hi I think I have the first appointment for this building wondering if anyone knows if they take multiple appointments at once or wether I have first pickings

Dear Brendan,

We are pleased to confirm your appointment requested at 8.00am on Sunday 20th June at our UWS Display Suite, 613 Lonsdale Street just off Spencer Street, Melbourne.

Car parking is available onsite, entrance via Rose Alley which is next to our display suite. Please see X on map below, Melway reference 1A, B3.

Nick Koumourou
Colliers International

It is important to note that we will have a waiting list for priority appointments and this could result in limited availability i.e. until July 2010 (depending on the date of request for change).
If you would like to purchase an apartment after reviewing Melbourne’s newest master planned precinct, the process is as follows:-

1. A registration form will be completed and your selected apartment taken off the market.

2. A holding deposit of $2,000 in the form of cash, direct deposit, cheque or credit card is made (credit card payments will incur a 3% surcharge and Amex/Dinners not accepted). Please note if you decide not to proceed with the purchase before the Contract of Sale is signed then this $2,000 is fully refundable.

5. Once you have signed your Contract of Sale you have 14 days to pay the 10% deposit.

THE UPPER WEST SIDE TEAM
octy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #869
Dash 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy View Post
Hi I think I have the first appointment for this building wondering if anyone knows if they take multiple appointments at once or wether I have first pickings

Dear Brendan,

We are pleased to confirm your appointment requested at 8.00am on Sunday 20th June at our UWS Display Suite, 613 Lonsdale Street just off Spencer Street, Melbourne.

Nick Koumourou
Colliers International

THE UPPER WEST SIDE TEAM
Here's what will happen. You will arrive and there will be multiple agents talking to multiple buyers. Each agent will have certain apartments in the buidling to sell, so If you don't like what is offered it will be bad luck.

They will try to create an atmosphere of immediacy and tell you that if you don't decide now then you will lose your chance. They are not remotely interested in your wellbeing, lifestyle or capacity to finance. They are Real Estate agents.

Bring your camera and make sure you take plenty of photos of the building model and display suite, particularly the fittings in the bedroom(s) and kitchen. This is so that after the building is completed and corners are cut (they all do it) you can refer to the photos and tell them you were mis-represented. Their contract will be watertight but having photos allows you to claim moral high-ground. This worked for me and I got a discount off an apartment I purchased (lot's of negotiations though.)

All they want is your signature and a holding deposit. They are Real Estate agents.

(BTW - welcome to the forums)

Last edited by Dash 222; June 15th, 2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old June 15th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #870
Under the Counter

Under 40sqm Apartments

I have been to 3 banks soo far on Studio apartments in UMS and Trilogi in Prahran. They are all telling me that they will not support apartments under 40sqm without a dramatic deposit provided by me.

Is anyone else finding this true? what is going to happen to developments like these if people cant settle?
Under the Counter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 06:50 AM   #871
Jack Daniel
Wolf in sheep's clothing

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash 222 View Post
They are not remotely interested in your wellbeing, lifestyle or capacity to finance. They are Real Estate agents

source www.cracked.com/.../
...claiming Australia can only support 10 million is absolute codswallop from a small-Australia supporter. With an abundance of minerals, energy sources, land, food and water, we could support far, far more. The author has clearly not looked at the amount of people who fit into countries such as Bangladesh.
Jack Daniel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 06:53 AM   #872
MelbourneOnTheRise
We are the 99%

Likes (Received): 299

MelbourneOnTheRise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 07:46 AM   #873
octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash 222 View Post
Here's what will happen. You will arrive and there will be multiple agents talking to multiple buyers. Each agent will have certain apartments in the buidling to sell, so If you don't like what is offered it will be bad luck.

They will try to create an atmosphere of immediacy and tell you that if you don't decide now then you will lose your chance. They are not remotely interested in your wellbeing, lifestyle or capacity to finance. They are Real Estate agents.

Bring your camera and make sure you take plenty of photos of the building model and display suite, particularly the fittings in the bedroom(s) and kitchen. This is so that after the building is completed and corners are cut (they all do it) you can refer to the photos and tell them you were mis-represented. Their contract will be watertight but having photos allows you to claim moral high-ground. This worked for me and I got a discount off an apartment I purchased (lot's of negotiations though.)

All they want is your signature and a holding deposit. They are Real Estate agents.

(BTW - welcome to the forums)
HI dash,
Thanks for the info most useful, something I never thought about!
octy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #874
John_Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under the Counter View Post
I have been to 3 banks soo far on Studio apartments in UMS and Trilogi in Prahran. They are all telling me that they will not support apartments under 40sqm without a dramatic deposit provided by me.

Is anyone else finding this true? what is going to happen to developments like these if people cant settle?
try Commonwealth Bank.

they used to lend under 40sqm up to 80% of the value (ie. you would need a 20% deposit). they were the best of hte big 4 banks. a mortgage broker might be able to help you find a non-bank lender that would do better.
Old June 15th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #875
Alibaba

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:

40% deposit ... 60% max lend
Old June 15th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #876
Londoner

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
You lose your deposit. Central Equity used to (and still may) have a policy where they would only sell one unit in a new development to one individual. They no doubt would relax it slightly in particular cases, but the basic aim was to protect themselves against a situation where a buyer who was hoping to sell on at profit put down deposits on a number of units then was not able to on sell or complete, which would have left CE with a significant number of aborted sales.

They also have very onerous penalty clauses in their contract relating to late settlement, and on the first CE unit I bought I was warned by my solicitor that they were being rigidly enforced. CBA produced the promised funds just in time but it was close.
Old June 16th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #877
kichigai

Likes (Received): 58

http://www.theage.com.au/national/we...0616-ygfs.html

West Side storeys sold with confidence
JASON DOWLING
June 17, 2010

THE developers behind a massive redevelopment the size of a small suburb on the corner of Lonsdale and Spencer streets in the city are so confident of planning approval they have taken out $50,000 full-page advertisements in metropolitan newspapers and built a display unit spruiking the project.

The advertisement for the Upper West Side development, site of a former power station, says: ''Melbourne's newest master-planned precinct is coming.''

But the project, which includes 2500 apartments and four towers of between 31 and 50 storeys, has yet to obtain approval from Planning Minister Justin Madden.

Mr Madden's spokesman said the planning application would be considered by a new joint state government and City of Melbourne committee.

The committee will make a recommendation to Mr Madden, who has final say over the development. A spokeswoman for the developer said: ''Far East Consortium is currently awaiting approval regarding the proposed development at Spencer Street, Upper West Side.

''A … campaign is currently being undertaken to determine market interest.''

She said the company did not discuss pre-sales.
kichigai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #878
silvermb
smooth operator

Likes (Received): 6

wow, who would have thought developers advertise and build display suites!

www.urbanmelbourne.info
silvermb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:05 AM   #879
John_Proctor

MCC and all other approval authorities have been involved in the approvals process for more than 6 months and no major red flags have been raised.

I'd suggest some DPCD urban designer is holding ground on one little detail or perhaps they are still playing around with the treatment heritage buildings fronting Spencer Street...

Planning approval for this is mainly just waiting to convene the new committee process.
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:29 AM   #880
Under the Counter

im still concerned about the ability to settle such small apartments. the more i enquire the faster Banks are telling me 40% deposits are required. this is not going to help affordability.
Under the Counter no está en línea   Reply With Quote