daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 15th, 2007, 10:34 PM   #481
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

that picture makes it look better, or atleast decent. But they could have been more creative with the glass. Its better then what is currently there. That odd future restruant building is neat looking!

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #482
Indywatch

Likes (Received): 0

Ugly is ugly no matter how much you magnify or increase the resolution of it. Nothing of any architectual significance what-so-ever.
Indywatch no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #483
benjaminooo
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 32

I don't mind the building, but seriously.. the ******* parking lot. GOOD GOD!
benjaminooo no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #484
Unionstation13

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminooo View Post
I don't mind the building, but seriously.. the ******* parking lot. GOOD GOD!
Another reason to riot!
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:45 PM   #485
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

Wait, is that a street-front loading area off West St? I thought the new downtown design guidelines (whatever they're called) recommended NOT putting these on major streets! Great, even city-sponsored projects don't follow the new guidelines. Nice precedent.
CorrND no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:50 PM   #486
unvrsty07

Likes (Received): 116

That future restaurant does look bad ass UnionStation, it is the best design of the whole damn project, sad just sad plain and simple.
unvrsty07 no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #487
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Likes (Received): 5

NaptownBoy no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #488
CorrND
Moderator Chris

I'd like to see more detail of that big corner of glass at Maryland and West. That could be really cool.

EDIT: Another VERY high-res shot (I assume this is one time people really aren't going to complain about ridiculously huge pics)

Last edited by CorrND; May 15th, 2007 at 11:10 PM.
CorrND no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:06 PM   #489
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Simple YET Elegant?

That's all i have to say... I mean i look it like the Kosene Kosene proposal. Originally, i said it looked like the City County Building on crack. However, the more i looked at it the more i fell in love wit it! Perhaps the same will hold true for this design? I mean seriously, it fits in nicely... AND complements our downtown!

So ironically i am not too disappointed. With that said & done let's PRAY the renderings keep gettin better & better... To a not too shabby redesign, cheers! (i like some ice in my cup)
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #490
OSUBucks#1

I am usually pretty harsh about Indianapolis architecture, but I don't think the design is that bad. The base in the victory field rendering actually looks pretty sweet. I know the design is not breath-taking, but it'll add to the skyline. Most high rise buildings are really not super interesting (look around the rest of downtown). I think the design is decent though, but it is an improvement of the previous design. We'll just have to see how it turns out.
OSUBucks#1 no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:14 PM   #491
Unionstation13

Maybe it wont be as bad as it looks, maybe it wont be noticable?...
I just hope that it does spread downtown life, the area around there has alot of peotential. Other than the bland, VERY bland design, the only problem is that goddamn parking lot and lack of street level retail!
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #492
CorrND
Moderator Chris

I'm looking at the funky top, south-end of the JW-M. Looks like 4 corner balconies on each side for about 3 floors.....<whips out calculator>.....sounds like that's the 24 condos. I wonder if they will allow that to expand upward if demand dictates.

It also looks like the Courtyard/Springhill Suites building took on some of the design characteristics of the original JW-M proposal.
CorrND no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #493
Unionstation13

the funky balcony part is sorta attractive I must say.
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #494
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Yes I Must Also Concur The Funky Top Is Funky Fresh!

UPDATE: Marriott revision shines on West Street
Tue, May 15 - 2007
Jennifer Whitson - [email protected]
IBJ staff
The West Street corridor will get more attention under the new convention hotel plans released today.

The 1,000-room, 29-story JW Marriott–increased from 800 rooms and 20 stories in the original design—has been flipped to run north-to-south along West Street instead of along Maryland Street. The new look means a more complete view of the downtown skyline from Victory Field and that the JW Marriott’s entrance, along with new landscaping, will be along West Street.

Also reworked is the look of the 45,000 square feet of ballroom space, which used to face West Street. It now runs along Maryland Street and includes a massive stretch of almost floor-to-ceiling windows affording a birds-eye view of ongoing ball games.

The hotel campus includes a Courtyard Hotel, Springhill Suites, Fairfield Inn and Suites, and a 1,000-spot, underground parking garage.

The developers, Merrillville-based White Lodging Services Corp. and Indianapolis-based REI Real Estate Services, are also in talks with the state to include an elevated pedestrian walkway that would cross West Street to tap into a state parking garage at the northeast corner of West and Maryland streets. The walkway eventually would connect across Maryland Street to the expanded Indiana Convention Center.

The newer version of the project upped the overall development price but Barbara Lawrence, director of the Indianapolis Bond Bank, said the city’s portion of financing would not exceed the previously stated maximum of $48.5 million.

Lawrence said the city and developers should have a project agreement contract within a week.
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:41 PM   #495
Wu-Gambino

Likes (Received): 109

Why couldn't they just continue the design from the roof down the whole tower? At least it would give it a nice shape.
Wu-Gambino no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:49 PM   #496
ragerunner1

Likes (Received): 44

I don't think this is that bad of a project (the design is very Miami looking). Two new towers for downtown that will extend the city's skyline to the park and fill in the gap at street level. I think downtown Indy is moving forward in a very positive way with the MSA redevelopment site, LOS, Mass avenue project, the state canal project, the cultural trail, student housing tower and the potential for Penn Tower. Congrats to downtown Indy.
ragerunner1 no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:59 PM   #497
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

The high resolution elevations aren't too bad. I do like the top. But only 317' tall??? That is the height of Riley Towers!
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:09 AM   #498
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

About The Height...

Two things... 1) Is that the Riley twin Towers are actually 285 ft. Which is a good chunk smaller. Kinda sorta. 2) (317) HaHa that's like Indy's area code! Which i think is pretty damn rad...
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:25 AM   #499
thehoss257

Unbelievably disappointed once again... I don't even know where to start. As per usual, I'm sure there will be no opportunity for public comment. How do these guys get off time and time again with spending millions in tax payer dollars and then not even attempting to consult the public on the design.

For those of you that are trying to look on the bright side, Please don't give the city, the developers or the designers the pleasure of your misguided approval.
thehoss257 no está en línea  
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #500
INDY#1FAN

Likes (Received): 2

Maybe it will look better at night. In the dark.

INDY#1FAN no está en línea  

Closed Thread