daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:23 AM   #621
billionbucks
Colts Fan

Likes (Received): 0

I found it pretty... weird... that the historical society is trying to save the surface parking lot. Makes me a little angry, actually. A surface lot instead of development... Lot < Hotel

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:25 AM   #622
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

Did anyone see the story on WTHR about closing both the Fishers metro Airport and the Anderson Municipal Airport? The new facility would be built in southwest Madison County, right off of I-69. This is the Lapel-Fortville area and would be great for both Anderson and Fishers, especially Madison County. Combining both facilities to serve an area of nearly 300,000 people would make sense.

I looked for a story on both WTHR and the Anderson Herald Bulletin, but nothing yet.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:39 AM   #623
unvrsty07

Likes (Received): 116

Curiosity killed an hour and a half, the cat is ok...

Lucas Oil Stadium u/c

Kosene Condo towers Market Square Fall 07 ground breaking

1000 Room Convention Hotel JW Marriott Fall 07 ground breaking

Penn Tower Visionary (replica tower)

One Indiana Square

3Mass Ave u/c

Proposed Canal Hotel

707 u/c

Lockerbie Square u/c

The Waverly u/c

Campus Center Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis

Indianapolis International Airport Terminal u/c

There are a few other big projects either proposed or under construction that I could not get a picture of, and numerous small projects in dt and around the city. I posted the new terminal because I thought it was a cool picture I did not include the other Market Square proposal because I did not feel like it.
unvrsty07 no está en línea  
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:42 AM   #624
cwilson758
Cory

all DOWNTOWN

there's also the new 10-story Riley Hospitol expansion, the 140' tall hotel with the reuse of the old Grain Dealer's Mutal at 17th and Meridian.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:46 AM   #625
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochie View Post
I've gotta think that if we don't get it for 2011, they'll go for 2012. why wouldn't they? And if Indy is being so seriously considered now, I don't see why an even more polished proposal wouldn't win next year.
Actually, I was thinking the same thing.

I would not be terribly disappointed if we don't get it this year because the city will probably just whip up a better proposal for next year and win that one.
NaptownBoy no está en línea  
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:52 AM   #626
unvrsty07

Likes (Received): 116

I would be disappointed because dallas fort worth is a very big metro and beating them would be impressive!

It is good news to hear that Anderson and Fishers could possibly be working together on a new airport, it will do a lot for perception of the greater Indianapolis area becoming a "region" instead of just suburbs surrounding a city. That area is really booming. How long until there is conflict over which subdivision is in Anderson and the other in Fishers?

Also, Cory you are correct I could not for thelife ofme find photos of Fairbanks Hall, Riley Tower expansion, or Paramount Towers. We have the projects and demand, we just can not get the designs, that is the only thing Indy is getting its ass kicked in.
unvrsty07 no está en línea  
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:06 AM   #627
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unvrsty07 View Post
I would be disappointed because dallas fort worth is a very big metro and beating them would be impressive!
To me, this all boils down to a two-way gamble that the NFL owners must be willing to make.

Do they gamble with a site that is guaranteed to get sub-freezing temperatures and snow in February but with lots to do in the immediate vicinity of the game, or do they gamble with a city that has tolerable winter weather but not nearly as many amenities in the vicinity of the game?

Metroplex execs pushing for the Super Bowl like to toss around that magic w-word: weather. They seem to be awfully quick to point out how we got 20+ inches of snow this past February alone.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:12 AM   #628
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

i DO like....

That the One Indiana Square's new facade... The K & K proposal AND JWub all seem to complement one another! And each one is on a different quad of the city too...
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:27 AM   #629
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

Here are the Fairbanks Hall shots I took yesterday. There was some kind of event going on at Buggs Temple, but I can tell you it's definitely not done on the inside. They were even cooking outside. Due to the event, I couldn't go up on the patio to look in the windows, but looking in the upper windows from a distance, you can still see it's mostly open studs.

unvrsty07, I think I posted a very fuzzy rendering of Fairbanks Hall a couple months ago. I'll see if I can find it.

edit: Here's the rendering, looking west (and a little north):

Last edited by CorrND; May 22nd, 2007 at 03:38 AM.
CorrND no está en línea  
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:28 AM   #630
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

all this development is making me frisky! just kidding hehehe
Not to mention all the coming proposals, we really have alot of big projects going on. Not to mention all the neighborhood restorations, infill, and smaller projects!
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:31 AM   #631
cwilson758
Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownBoy View Post
To me, this all boils down to a two-way gamble that the NFL owners must be willing to make.

Do they gamble with a site that is guaranteed to get sub-freezing temperatures and snow in February but with lots to do in the immediate vicinity of the game, or do they gamble with a city that has tolerable winter weather but not nearly as many amenities in the vicinity of the game?

Metroplex execs pushing for the Super Bowl like to toss around that magic w-word: weather. They seem to be awfully quick to point out how we got 20+ inches of snow this past February alone.
I think that arguement would then maybe make Miami a great help for us. I have heard numerous reports of the horrible weather and how traffic was at a stand still. Here, everyone would walk! I read that they are planning to "cover" Monument Circle for the "Village."
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:36 AM   #632
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Good point.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:37 AM   #633
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson758 View Post
I think that arguement would then maybe make Miami a great help for us. I have heard numerous reports of the horrible weather and how traffic was at a stand still. Here, everyone would walk! I read that they are planning to "cover" Monument Circle for the "Village."
what exactly do you mean by cover? It would be sweet if they had massive sheets that came down from lady victory making a tent over the circle
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:45 AM   #634
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Actually...

That would ALMOST be creepy...
Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:06 AM   #635
hoosier

Likes (Received): 53

All of this development is exciting. Once the OMS and JWMarriott projects break ground, I will be even more excited. 2008 should be a GREAT year for downtown and metro construction.

And with Fishers growing like crazy and Indy merging into Anderson, I-69 desperately needs to be widened to SR 9 at the minimum.
hoosier no está en línea  
Old May 22nd, 2007, 06:02 AM   #636
arenn

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by unvrsty07 View Post
It is good news to hear that Anderson and Fishers could possibly be working together on a new airport, it will do a lot for perception of the greater Indianapolis area becoming a "region" instead of just suburbs surrounding a city. That area is really booming. How long until there is conflict over which subdivision is in Anderson and the other in Fishers?
Fishers has wanted to kill Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport for some time. They originally wanted to relocate it into Wayne Township, presumably off the interchange they want at Cyntheanne Rd. But Noblesville shot that down. The latest thinking is to build something in Madison County. We'll see what happens. Ultimately the Madison County Commissioners would have to sign-off on something, and they may not like the idea if the neighbors complain about it.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:05 AM   #637
billionbucks
Colts Fan

Since we're posting downtown development pictures, here is the Riley Hospital Tower... I wish there were some better pictures of it.

And for kicks, here is that Central Library of ours.

The Steamboat

Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center

Research Institute III (This one is different from the others, right? This pic is from Dec.)

Last edited by billionbucks; May 22nd, 2007 at 09:10 AM.
billionbucks no está en línea  
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:10 AM   #638
billionbucks
Colts Fan

Ok... There is some debate a-foot between my urban planning friend and I... Are they going to rip down the old Indy Int. Terminal when the new one is finished? ... It makes sense to me that they are but ... whatever, he is insistant it is staying. Any information?

And the temple looks really good in those pictures!

Also; could someone post the pictures of the lower income/cheaper condos/apartments that are supposed to be built? I don't remember the name of them...

Last edited by billionbucks; May 22nd, 2007 at 07:23 AM.
billionbucks no está en línea  
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:16 AM   #639
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

They're taking the terminal down but I am unsure what they're going to do about the garage and rental lots.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:25 AM   #640
arenn

Likes (Received): 132

While we're posting pics, here's what I can't wait to see finished.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Closed Thread