daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:10 AM   #1321
IndyYeah

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan View Post
Speaking of restaurant news:

Jefferson Plaza revamp underway June 21, 2007

Downtown’s Jefferson Plaza is getting a facelift and a new name. Developer J. Greg Allen says he’s talking with three potential restaurants interested in opening on the first floor with outdoor dining on the plaza. He would not name the restaurants but said each would be new to Indianapolis. The 90,000-square-foot former bank building along Pennsylvania Street just south of Washington Street also will be getting a new name: Allen Plaza. The $12-million renovation project includes a facade touch-up (shown here) and 30 new condos ranging up to $1 million on the top five floors. The second, third and fourth floors will be offices.

Outdoor seating will be nice, I hope it's a classy joint. Also, I love when developers name projects after themselves.
This Design is nice, classy! I like the maroon look also. The whole building needed this and hope that Allens future"Project", as small as he is in it, is tall and nice!
IndyYeah no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:44 AM   #1322
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

That is awesome news about Jeff Plaza. We had a branch in there when we were NBD bank. Sweetness.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:06 AM   #1323
hoosier

Likes (Received): 63

This may not be directly related to Indy development, but it does pertain to I-69. I learned today that back in October of 2006, Mississippi opened a 12 mile stretch of I-69 that connects I-55 west to US 61.

I also know that the state THINKS it has enough money to construct I-69 from I-64 to Crane Naval Weapons Center. I don't know if $700 million is enough to complete that leg.
hoosier no está en línea  
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:18 AM   #1324
indyfiend
INDYFIEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan View Post
Speaking of restaurant news:

Jefferson Plaza revamp underway June 21, 2007

Downtown’s Jefferson Plaza is getting a facelift and a new name. Developer J. Greg Allen says he’s talking with three potential restaurants interested in opening on the first floor with outdoor dining on the plaza. He would not name the restaurants but said each would be new to Indianapolis. The 90,000-square-foot former bank building along Pennsylvania Street just south of Washington Street also will be getting a new name: Allen Plaza. The $12-million renovation project includes a facade touch-up (shown here) and 30 new condos ranging up to $1 million on the top five floors. The second, third and fourth floors will be offices.

Outdoor seating will be nice, I hope it's a classy joint. Also, I love when developers name projects after themselves.
Great location for a restaurant. Right down the street from Conseco.
indyfiend no está en línea  
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:15 AM   #1325
billionbucks
Colts Fan

IMS could get international motorcycle race

"Indianapolis - The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is ready to close the deal on another international race that could bring in tens of millions of dollars to the local economy. .... Downtown hotels like the Omni Severin love the F-1 and fear losing it if the contract is not renewed. Omni Sales Director Chris Ratay said, "if we did happen to lose (the F-1), it being replaced with a similar event like MotoGP would be fantastic."

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6693319
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:20 AM   #1326
billionbucks
Colts Fan

People sticking up for the current facade of the "building that the fireworks come off of" are making me mad. How can someone honestly say they like it? It is a complete mess
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:31 AM   #1327
billionbucks
Colts Fan

Colts Stadium is coming along....

The view of the city will be really cool from the stadium... I cant wait to see designs for the new convention center space where the RCA Dome is....
Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM   #1328
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Indiana Square

Usually the people who post on the Indystar Feedback forums have some bizarre stuff to say, however I have to agree with this guy. I won't pass judgement on the new design until it's completed.

"Of all the important issues to comment upon and THIS is what Mr. Von Ruhtenberg has deemed a crime against humanity?

First, as several others have already commented. The ORIGINAL design, the loss of which Mr. Von Ruhtenberg laments, was both an engineering FIASCO and an architectural abomination which marred the city skyline with a building that was both a danger to pedestrians, tenants and motorist, while managing to be both bland AND ugly.

Second, the building is a PRIVATE building, not a public edifice. The improvements are be done with private insurance funds. It really should be of no concern to Mr. Ruhtenberg or others what cosmetic changes its owners make to it, so long as they conform to zoning laws, building codes, and other applicable laws.

Third, the new facade while not terribly exciting will be a VAST improvement over what the building used to look like, and more importantly it will be far safer for both tenants and pedestrians and motorists below.

Perhaps, Mr. Von Ruhtenberg should spend less time writing absurd letters about his architectural tastes and devote more of his concern to truly important issues, such as crime, pollution, the economy, the war in Iraq, etc."
Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:15 PM   #1329
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

The IVY Tech plans are great. They are only tearing down the non-historic portions of the former St. Vincent Hospital and I am glad that it will be brimming with life again. Hopefully this will spur the Near-North Dev Corp to push forward with their plans to focus on their vision for the Fall Creek Basin and North Meridian Corridor.

Just south of the St. Vincent building on the south side of Fall Creek, there are some cool midrise apartment buildings that would benefit from the area being cleaned-up.

Has anyone noticed "The 21" at Meridian and 21st Street? They have poured the foundations for the townhomes and it is going to look so good. I am amazed at all of the progress of Fall Creek Place. When I moved to Indy in 1996, I used to have to drive down that stretch of Penn all the time and it was a hell hole! Now, a thriving, urban neighborhood is really forming!
Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:25 PM   #1330
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson758 View Post
The IVY Tech plans are great. They are only tearing down the non-historic portions of the former St. Vincent Hospital and I am glad that it will be brimming with life again. Hopefully this will spur the Near-North Dev Corp to push forward with their plans to focus on their vision for the Fall Creek Basin and North Meridian Corridor.

Just south of the St. Vincent building on the south side of Fall Creek, there are some cool midrise apartment buildings that would benefit from the area being cleaned-up.

Has anyone noticed "The 21" at Meridian and 21st Street? They have poured the foundations for the townhomes and it is going to look so good. I am amazed at all of the progress of Fall Creek Place. When I moved to Indy in 1996, I used to have to drive down that stretch of Penn all the time and it was a hell hole! Now, a thriving, urban neighborhood is really forming!
It was bad in 94 when I worked at Winona Hospital. BTW, wonder if anything will ever come of that empty structure? It's a great location with it's close proximity to the Children's Museum.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:33 PM   #1331
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

Finally! Renderings for Jefferson...erm...Allen Plaza! I am very glad that they are utilizing the "plaza" for outdoor dining. Too bad the restaurant is yet another chain, but the fact that it is new to the City is good. However, do we really need more condos in the $500,000- $1million range??? What about the $125,000-$300,000 price point? There are very of those being built.

I am pleased that portion of Virginia will be brimming with life again. That is one of the last "voids" in the core and it will be good to see people. I would like to see something done with the JA building. I love the huge windows and that could make for great loft space!
Old June 22nd, 2007, 05:46 PM   #1332
ragerunner1

Likes (Received): 59

UPDATE: Most Veolia jobs to be professional positions
Thu. June 21 - 2007

IBJ Staff

About 70 of the 100 jobs Veolia Water plans to create in Indianapolis in a relocation of its Houston headquarters will be in finance, accounting, information technology, and technical and support services, and pay an average compensation of $100,000 a year.

Although some of the positions will be transferred from Houston, most will be filled locally, the city of Indianapolis said in an announcement this afternoon.
http://www.ibj.com/html/detail_page.asp?content=2665

Corporate Jobs are always welcomed.
ragerunner1 no está en línea  
Old June 22nd, 2007, 05:48 PM   #1333
ragerunner1

Likes (Received): 59

Former IEI anticipates adding 400 employees
Thu. June 21 - 2007

IBJ Staff

"The Indianapolis call center company IEI Financial Services LLC plans to create 400 jobs now that it is part of Vertex Outsourcing LLC, a British company that operates call centers in the United Kingdom, Canada, India and the United States.

The Indianapolis office oversees all Vertex operations in North America."
http://www.ibj.com/html/detail_page.asp?content=02666

Glad to see Indy will be the North American headquarters for this firm.
ragerunner1 no está en línea  
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:08 PM   #1334
Paintrain

what chain restaurants doesnt indy not have?
Paintrain no está en línea  
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:29 PM   #1335
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Jack-In-The-Box?
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:38 PM   #1336
benjaminooo
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
This list could be ENDLESS.. Indy is full of chain/fast food places, but it's not even CLOSE to having them all.
benjaminooo no está en línea  
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:45 PM   #1337
Paintrain

i know there are several basic restaurants i dont understand why indy doesnt have or doesnt ahve anymore like big boys fuddruckers famous daves just to name a few
Paintrain no está en línea  
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:58 PM   #1338
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

The Ivy tech project is amazing, two jewels sitting across the street from eachother, it is an amazing little area, but I wish they would do more with the creek. The refacading of that plaza building looks great! The outdoor eating is something that area of downtown needs! Alot of ugly structures downtown need refaced with a more tasteful facade, I mean, even something basic, or something sexy (like the kosene design)

Last edited by Unionstation13; June 23rd, 2007 at 03:39 AM.
Unionstation13 no está en línea  
Old June 22nd, 2007, 07:02 PM   #1339
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
i know there are several basic restaurants i dont understand why indy doesnt have or doesnt ahve anymore like big boys fuddruckers famous daves just to name a few
Start a new thread devoted to this question. Such as "what eating establishment do you want to see in your city that other cities have?".
Old June 22nd, 2007, 07:04 PM   #1340
jtsnewo56

Quote:

Indy does have a Famous Dave's. It is near 86th and Michigan on the northwestside. FD is mediocre bbq though. I prefer almost every other bbq place in town to them. If I'm over on that side of town though I am eating at Yen Ching. Best chinese food in town.
jtsnewo56 no está en línea  

Closed Thread