daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 10th, 2007, 04:38 AM   #1661
hoosier

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2h View Post
For your viewing pleasure...

Click on "View as slideshow" in the upper right corner to scroll through the photos quicker.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/k2h/set...7600736022476/
Nice photos. Some very interesting and beautiful angles.
hoosier no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:48 AM   #1662
arenn

Likes (Received): 132

Nice photos - I didn't get through all of them because my DSL line is getting pegged, but I'll definitely be back for more.
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:59 AM   #1663
SoBe

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:

Click on "View as slideshow" in the upper right corner to scroll through the photos quicker.
Great photos...very much appreciated by us out of towners. thanks!
SoBe no está en línea  
Old July 10th, 2007, 10:02 AM   #1664
billionbucks
Colts Fan

Likes (Received): 0

nice shots!

speaking of which, this is a cool timelaps video of a beam being placed in the I-70 project... look how high the highway is going!
http://www.in.gov/dot/div/projects/i...sec_June20.mpg

Last edited by billionbucks; July 10th, 2007 at 10:24 AM.
billionbucks no está en línea  
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:07 PM   #1665
arenn

Keep in ind that overpass looks high because the section of I-70 next to it is depressed below grade. That is a higher bridge because of the extra clearance required for railroad overpasses, but it isn't out of line with others crossing over railroad tracks.

The main question in my mind is whether INDOT is building a structure that is designed to accomodate an additional lane in each direction as called for in the long range plan.
Old July 10th, 2007, 07:08 PM   #1666
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:

impressive! You have a great eye. I think that you should make this a thread of its own.

I notice that my baby dog Ellie is in one of the pics!!
Old July 10th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #1667
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson758 View Post
impressive! You have a great eye. I think that you should make this a thread of its own.

I notice that my baby dog Ellie is in one of the pics!!
WHICH ONE????? SHE SOUNDS ADORABLE!!!!!!
Old July 10th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #1668
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

Is the Consolidated a historic building? They could have torn this down years ago otherwise. From IBJ Property Lines....

The vacant 15-story Consolidated Building at 115 N. Pennsylvania St. was listed for sale with a $6.5-million pricetag yesterday until the owners pulled it off the market, ostensibly to focus on trying to sell First Indiana Plaza next door. A real estate broker removed the listing at the owner’s request following a call from Property Lines. Consolidated is owned by Crown Consolidated LLC, which shares some principals with New York-based Crown Properties. Crown has its 31-story First Indiana Plaza listed for $60 million. They bought it for $38 million in 2002. The 186,000-square-foot, 1910 Consolidated Building set them back $2.73 million in November 2004. It has been vacant since the late 1990s. Redevelopment deals have fallen through over the years, thanks in large part to the cost of renovation and a lack of parking.
Old July 10th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #1669
eweezerinc
President of Catan

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unionstation13 View Post
WHICH ONE????? SHE SOUNDS ADORABLE!!!!!!
Found it! I wanted to see Cory's dog too. Haha. Cute.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/k2h/764...7600736022476/
Old July 10th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #1670
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhead View Post
Is the Consolidated a historic building? They could have torn this down years ago otherwise. From IBJ Property Lines....

The vacant 15-story Consolidated Building at 115 N. Pennsylvania St. was listed for sale with a $6.5-million pricetag yesterday until the owners pulled it off the market, ostensibly to focus on trying to sell First Indiana Plaza next door. A real estate broker removed the listing at the owner’s request following a call from Property Lines. Consolidated is owned by Crown Consolidated LLC, which shares some principals with New York-based Crown Properties. Crown has its 31-story First Indiana Plaza listed for $60 million. They bought it for $38 million in 2002. The 186,000-square-foot, 1910 Consolidated Building set them back $2.73 million in November 2004. It has been vacant since the late 1990s. Redevelopment deals have fallen through over the years, thanks in large part to the cost of renovation and a lack of parking.
No, it is not. BUT, it is on the minds of the City's economic dev team. It is a beautiful building that has a very bad mold issue. If they can get some federal money or some other grants to clean this up, hopefully a Comm Dev Corp can renovate it for low to moderate income!
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:44 AM   #1671
UrbanIndy

Likes (Received): 27

I liked that design at first, until I saw the exposed parking. Man...

BTW...this forum has good stuff. Seems like several people on here are "in the know" as far as development in Indy, which is a huge asset.
Old July 11th, 2007, 03:02 AM   #1672
IndyYeah

The project at Meridian and south street is ok, however that brick and length remind me of an old college dorm, like at Valparaiso University. I guess I see alot of this since I live in the Valpo area. Live in Chesterton actually and I feel alot like the Indy planners and architects have a Chesterton, Valpo mentality. But it is new, if and when it gets off the ground.
IndyYeah no está en línea  
Old July 11th, 2007, 03:19 AM   #1673
arenn

Kevin, welcome to SSC - sorry you couldn't make it to the meet-up on Saturday.
Old July 11th, 2007, 04:04 AM   #1674
UrbanIndy

Likes (Received): 27

I actually thought about dropping in on the meet-up but I ended up having a very active weekend and traveled to southern Indiana. If you ever have another one I may have to join in.
Old July 11th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #1675
pig
oink^

Likes (Received): 65

Good riddance!

6:14 PM July 10, 2007

KB Home shutting down in Indianapolis
By Kathryn Prater
[email protected]
July 10, 2007

KB Home will shut down Indianapolis operations by the end of the year, the company told employees today, citing the slowdown of the Indianapolis housing market.

“KB Home is going to focus on our more successful markets,” such as the East and West coasts, spokesman Jason Lindaman said.

Employees will have the opportunity to transfer to other divisions if there are job openings, Lindaman said. He would not disclose the number of workers in Indianapolis.

KB will continue construction of its backlog of homes in Indianapolis, Lindaman said. He expects construction to be finished by the end of the year.

The company’s Chicago division will assist in selling the remaining Indianapolis homes. Mark Rodocker, president of KB Home in Illinois, will oversee the Indianapolis operations as they wind down.
pig no está en línea  
Old July 11th, 2007, 08:03 AM   #1676
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson758 View Post
No, it is not. BUT, it is on the minds of the City's economic dev team. It is a beautiful building that has a very bad mold issue. If they can get some federal money or some other grants to clean this up, hopefully a Comm Dev Corp can renovate it for low to moderate income!
I have to disagree, though the structure is not perhaps on a register, it is a historic building, in which it should be preserved.
Old July 11th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #1677
cityfan

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig View Post
6:14 PM July 10, 2007

KB Home shutting down in Indianapolis
By Kathryn Prater
[email protected]
July 10, 2007

KB Home will shut down Indianapolis operations by the end of the year, the company told employees today, citing the slowdown of the Indianapolis housing market.

“KB Home is going to focus on our more successful markets,” such as the East and West coasts, spokesman Jason Lindaman said.

Employees will have the opportunity to transfer to other divisions if there are job openings, Lindaman said. He would not disclose the number of workers in Indianapolis.

KB will continue construction of its backlog of homes in Indianapolis, Lindaman said. He expects construction to be finished by the end of the year.

The company’s Chicago division will assist in selling the remaining Indianapolis homes. Mark Rodocker, president of KB Home in Illinois, will oversee the Indianapolis operations as they wind down.
Less vinyl villages hopefully.

Also, I don't really buy the "successful East and West coasts" statement from the spokesman. The demand for cheap suburban homes has dropped nationally.
cityfan no está en línea  
Old July 11th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #1678
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Condo Owners In Quandary

Will developer’s rich offers persuade 77 residents to leave their homes near Fashion Mall?

There never has been much turnover at Lakes at the Crossing, a quiet community of 77 condos tucked behind a strip center and an office park along 86th Street at Keystone Avenue.

Many of the residents moved here to retire—taking advantage of community tennis courts, a pool and two winding lakes that give just about every home a view of the water. In the past, controversy was limited to the mundane, questions like what color to paint the units (they stuck with brown), or how to rid the lakes of geese (they decided on fake, floating gators).

But these days, there’s a bigger question among Lakes at the Crossing residents: Who will sell, and for how much?

A powerful local developer, Gershman Brown & Associates, is negotiating with each owner, trying to buy every condo, with an eye on redevelopment. Gershman Brown told Lakes at the Crossing residents about its plans at a neighborhood association meeting in mid-April. Principal Tom Crowley has been meeting individually with residents, working out contracts that would pay them at least twice the value of their homes, residents said.

But that’s only if everyone agrees to sell. Gershman Brown will have to abandon the potentially $40 million deal if there are any holdouts, a fact that has put many neighbors on edge.

Real estate brokers said Gershman Brown is working with mall powerhouse Simon Property Group Inc. on the project. Indianapolis-based Simon already owns the retail strip Keystone Shoppes that sits just north of the condo property, as well as the booming Fashion Mall at Keystone across 86th Street.

Gershman Brown has worked with Simon before, partnering on Hamilton Town Center, the 900,000-square-foot retail development under construction in Noblesville. The company was founded by former Simon executives, including Crowley.

Officials with Simon and Gershman Brown did not return phone messages from IBJ.

Since residents of Lakes at the Crossing started meeting individually with Gershman Brown, things haven’t been the same here. Everyone is working hard to stay up on the latest, meaning dogs are getting plenty of exercise. Many of the newer residents are amenable to a sale, while the longtimers are determined to stay.

“If I sell this place, I’m going to be rich,” vowed 70-year-old Judith Pearson, as she walked her two dogs, a Pomeranian named PomPom and a Maltese-Poodle mix called Daisy.

Pearson has lived here since 1985 and says her price is $2 million. And that’s after taxes, she adds.

If everyone at Lakes at the Crossing agrees to sell, the homes likely will be bulldozed for a mixed-use project with loads of retail space, along with offices and condos.

The 23-acre site is surrounded on three sides by an office park, a Kohl’s and a Towne Place Suites hotel.

“You could really redefine that whole block,” said Nick Wright, a broker in the local office of Cincinnati-based Midland Atlantic. “It could be a new gateway to the Keystone Crossing entrance. You could lease it over the weekend.”

A line of trees separates the condos from the commercial corridor, where hundreds of retailers have taken just about every available space. Trouble is, many more retailers want to be in the area, driving demand for more development.

Across Keystone Avenue, local developer Premier Properties USA is working on another mixed-use project that would occupy more square footage than Castleton Square Mall (see May 28 IBJ). And along 86th Street, two new retail buildings are under construction on what used to be parking lots.

“It will be interesting, considering what Premier is doing, to see if both can succeed,” said Sam Smith, CEO of locally based Resource Commercial Real Estate. “It’s exciting.”

But can the developers persuade all the condo owners to sell?

“I wouldn’t bet against Gershman Brown and Simon,” Smith said.

Nothing in the condominium association’s bylaws forces anyone to sell, even if a majority opt to cash out, said Jeff Hawkins, a resident for two years who is the association treasurer.

That means one owner refusing to sell could scuttle the deal for everyone. Hawkins said most homes in the complex are worth around $280,000. If everyone gets twice that, the total price would exceed $43 million.

Mel McNairy, the association’s vice president, has signed a contract to sell. He can’t discuss the terms as part of the deal.

“I came here to retire,” said McNairy, who has lived here two years. “But when an opportunity presents itself, it’s an opportunity.”

Mabel Young doesn’t want to move. She came to Lakes at the Crossing right after it was built, by Phil Duke, founder of locally based Duke Realty Corp., in the mid-1980s. She lives in a three-bedroom, two-bath home on the dead end of Shoreway Court.

“I’m too old,” said Young, 84. “I wanted to go out in a casket.”

She’s among the neighbors hoping for a return to the days when neighborhood association meetings were sparsely attended, and the issues were a little more routine.

Like the geese. Except they’re no longer a problem; the gators scared away all but two...

(I dunno if i like the sound of this)

Last edited by IndiexInxIndy; July 11th, 2007 at 07:22 PM.
IndiexInxIndy no está en línea  
Old July 11th, 2007, 06:41 PM   #1679
ragerunner1

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan View Post
Less vinyl villages hopefully.

Also, I don't really buy the "successful East and West coasts" statement from the spokesman. The demand for cheap suburban homes has dropped nationally.
These guys are getting hammered on both coast. If KB even survives this RE bust they will be lucky. Their stock is in the crapper.
ragerunner1 no está en línea  
Old July 11th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #1680
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

Welcome UrbanIndy! I've really enjoyed reading your blog over the past couple months.
CorrND no está en línea  

Closed Thread