daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 1st, 2007, 09:55 AM   #281
MetalliTooL

Likes (Received): 20

Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but emaar.com says 124 and 442.1
MetalliTooL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:17 AM   #282
PurePaki
HalfIndian

Likes (Received): 132

monster
PurePaki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:26 AM   #283
MetalliTooL

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
does this make it clearer?
Wait... Cladding? I don't see any cladding on the building.
MetalliTooL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:37 AM   #284
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

infact there is cladding..if you look closer..but it's only some test cladding.....they have experimented some sortiments of cladding...but as i've heard..they decided and now are mass producing the cladding..and soon it will arrive
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:45 AM   #285
Renato Leao
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

crazyyyyyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovani kun View Post
Burj Dubai..is now at lev 126 - 454.63 m - 1,492 ft.. having the tallest roof height of any highrise building in the world!...
I personally don't trust EMAAR release..
are you crazyyyyyyyyyyyyy
everybody are post 441 or 442m and you come with 126 - 456m
so how everybody think???
Renato Leao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:32 AM   #286
Skymyhusband
French dwarf

Likes (Received): 60

In yardstick we trust. Anything else should be off topic.
Skymyhusband no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:15 PM   #287
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renato Leao View Post

agree, most of us believe Emaar

btw...wonderful new updates thank you all
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:43 PM   #288
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

as we can see Burj Dubai will have more than 162f....in the diagram above..are 185f ..so next tread we should change the floor count...and please put unknown height...
Old May 1st, 2007, 01:16 PM   #289
Ember-To-Ashes

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
as we can see Burj Dubai will have more than 162f....in the diagram above..are 185f ..so next tread we should change the floor count...and please put unknown height...
No, now stop going on about this! they are NOT usable floors. the last proper floor is 163 as far as i'm aware.

May 1st = 442.1m at 124 levels

THE END.
Ember-To-Ashes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 01:36 PM   #290
KB

Likes (Received): 6804

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlepeakoil View Post
wasnt too hard to find the presentation link:

http://www.fbcdubai.com/mag/Pages_04...i%20Conference

it was on the ssp site (much easier to go back through their archives as all in one thread) all i had to do was check the dates i screengrabbed them (28th November 2006) to find when the pics (and link to presentation) were first put online.
What's kinda weird is that the presentation is still there as:
1. the bandwidth demand that it being publicised on these 2 sites must have caused.
2. the fact that Emaar and everyone else is so dam secretive about the height (surely they would have sent a cease-and-desist order to the site if it shouldn't be there - corporate secrecy and all that) - yet here are something as good as the blueprints for the top of the building and heights of the top tiers!

ps. What's silly about the ssp site though is people are complaining about too many large pictures of the Burj Dubai, duh - what are they bothering to go to the thread for - just to chat? You folks here are much better
Merci beaucoup.
KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 01:43 PM   #291
Ember-To-Ashes

Likes (Received): 7

For people who havent seen the powerpoint presentation i reccomend you go look at it because it answers alot of questions... and yet makes me confused as well...

the height of "more than 800 meters" is fine because most of us beleive it will be 808m... but on the diagrams of the tower some of the designs were of the 705m version because it only had 24 tiers, and not 27. and the presentation itself seems to be an old one with pictures at the end of the slideshow of the current construction status where the tower is around 100m tall.

but on the up-side it did show us how they are going to take down the cranes and how there will be a concrete pumping from the height we are currently at, (tier 11) when that tier is complete.
Ember-To-Ashes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 01:46 PM   #292
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember-To-Ashes View Post
No, now stop going on about this! they are NOT usable floors. the last proper floor is 163 as far as i'm aware.

May 1st = 442.1m at 124 levels

THE END.
in one case he is right! floors are floors, if usable or not!
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM   #293
googlepeakoil

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember-To-Ashes View Post
For people who havent seen the powerpoint presentation i reccomend you go look at it because it answers alot of questions... and yet makes me confused as well...

the height of "more than 800 meters" is fine because most of us beleive it will be 808m... but on the diagrams of the tower some of the designs were of the 705m version because it only had 24 tiers, and not 27. and the presentation itself seems to be an old one with pictures at the end of the slideshow of the current construction status where the tower is around 100m tall.

but on the up-side it did show us how they are going to take down the cranes and how there will be a concrete pumping from the height we are currently at, (tier 11) when that tier is complete.

its dated from Sep 2005 or something.
Adrian Smith's interview said the majour redesign (we assume from 7xx metres to 808m) height change came while the foundations were being poured. When were the foundations poured - was it early-mid 2005.

I assume that all the renders for the 808m version weren't available to the guy that put the presentation together as the redesign had only just been finalised.
Or it's possible the redesign was still in progress back then or not available to Besix. Or else somebody putting the presentation together forgot to check they had the 808m designs on all pages!
"Mr Ivan Bruyninckx – Burj Dubai Project Director Six Construct (Besix Group), gave then a detailled presentation on the very challenging construction process of the World’s highest Tower."
googlepeakoil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM   #294
googlepeakoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renato Leao View Post

They might be pouring for floor 126 but the sign still says 124.
Can somebody annotate a recent photo with the floor numbers on so we can see what floor each section is.
What floor number was the last mechanical levels? Then we can count up from there.
Apart from once when the sign on the billboard was ahead of construction its ALWAYS been a floor or two behind.
Also - I think it's 441m above ground but 450+ above the top of the concrete slab (with all the underground levels easily making up the missing 11m).
The building will officially be 808m above ground (according to the designs) / above the ground floor entrance - but actually it will be nearer 820m above it's slab - where the walls started rising from. - But that's another flamewar!!
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:30 PM   #295
googlepeakoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armon View Post
is the concrete section going to get topped out by the end of this year?
at a floor every 3 days (and only slight delays) the concrete will reach floor 160 before Autumn. There's concrete being bucketed higher - so maybe there's going to be some steel and concrete up into the 600m range... that might take until the start of next year...
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:36 PM   #296
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Burj Dubai

01/May/2007

my first air trip in Dubai , many thanks for Nakheel

I will post more Dubai air pics soon , here and everywhere:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...452440&page=13
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:41 PM   #297
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

one more Burj

Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:43 PM   #298
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

tnx for the update...Imre ...BTW today on 1 may..has someone worked at Burj Dubai
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM   #299
Slurms Mackenzie

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony99 View Post
i dont think the structure could take 1000m

i reckon they are having problems now with the lower floors being under engineered

i bet they are getting a lot of "twisting" motion with the way the things designed!

but its starting to look proper sick height wise

for me the sears towers has been the tallest building for the past 30 odd years

the petronas towers are a bit of a sad joke in my book and were never the tallests even the taipai 101 isnt really as tall as the sears its almost as if its got a bit stuck on top

so the burj in my eyes this week is becoming the worlds tallest!
What are you basing these comments on? Are you the structural engineer for the building? I assume you aren't, in which case you probably might want to reconsider making such flippant remarks. To suggest the building is trosionally weak is lrather strange...this has to be one the most torsionally rigid skyscrapers ever constructed. The whole thing is a giant shear core.

As for your comments about Tapei 101 and Petronas, I agree with you in part...I think Petronas is a bit of cheat by just adding the 'masts' to the top. But to call these buildings a 'sad joke' is a bit over the top. In my book, they are the most impressive buildings I've seen...if you haven't visited them, I can strongly recommend doing so. They have to be seen in person to be fully appreciated...especially amazing when lit up at night. The stainless steel facade is absolutely spectacular.

I've also been to Sears Tower and it was entirely forgettable and perhaps ugly, although nowhere near as bad as that monstrosity the John Hancock Centre. As for Tapei 101, well it is clearly taller than Sears, so have to disagree with you on that one.

My two favourite structures are Petronas and the Swiss Re Tower in London (which I can see from my office window). They might not be the tallest, but they are elegant structures. Burj Dubai looks like it might be similar - regardless of its height, a truly elegant design.
Slurms Mackenzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:20 PM   #300
k.03

Quote:
tnx for the update...Imre ...BTW today on 1 may..has someone worked at Burj Dubai
Why do you always use the crying smiley?
k.03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote