daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 26th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #3121
Stephan23
Bonsai

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMME View Post
Hello! Why does the ad say 200/f?

Don't think it will go up to 200 floors. But I hope it

Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #3122
vanhenrik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 126

the danside of the big copurate sites as the burjdubaj.com is that they dosent updates as often then http://www.dubaimegaprojects.com/ end http://www.burjdubaiskyscraper.com/
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #3123
Escoto_Dubai2008
Dubai, 21st Century City

Likes (Received): 411

WOW a few meters more and we'll have the new tallest tower. The wonderful Burj Dubai.

Mis Blogs

!Somos seres humanos,....! !Nuestras vidas tienen valor!
Escoto_Dubai2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #3124
delphi7x10

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
People live in cities like Denver at 5200ft (1585m) or La Paz at 13,000ft(3963m) without trouble so I don't think 700m would be a problem.

Edit: Then again Imre seems to have a better answer to your question. It would suck to have a headache all day.
FM,

Not everyone can live in these cities either, I just moved from a house at 7100' and a lot of people could not live there. I even knew 2 couples who lived 150 miles apart because 1 spouse could not live at that altitude.

Like anything it varies from person to person.
delphi7x10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 08:12 PM   #3125
european

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
^not quite. its currently lev136 or 493m
official website>
http://www.burjdubai.com/
But it also says the date it says updated on 21-06-07
european no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #3126
renato1
renato1

Likes (Received): 0

How can I post pics attached to my message? Help me please
renato1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:19 PM   #3127
renato1
renato1

Because I'ev 2 pics to show you about a building who has exactly the same claddings as the BD, it's incredible
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #3128
renato1
renato1

It is here:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...414600&page=52
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #3129
Ted Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by renato1 View Post
How can I post pics attached to my message? Help me please
You can visit www.imagshack.us - or any simmilar image hosting website, follow the instructions on those sites then post the links on this forum.

You can use the tags "[img] and [/img] on either side of the link to make the pictures show up in your post.
Ted Ward no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:29 PM   #3130
Ted Ward

that works too

BUt the trup tower in chicargo? does that really use the same cladding tech? Some people in that thread say its the worlds best cladding.
Ted Ward no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:43 PM   #3131
MetalliTooL

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Tower View Post
It's more official than burjdubai.com. James Allen of Favicon updates those pages both at EMAAR and at burjdubai.com. He gets his heights from a pre determined draught and takes his height levels from the boards themselves, which have rarely been right for the last 2 years. I remember when it jumped from 49 to 53 when it was at level 56, that's not accurate and neither is he. Because it's on an EMAAR approved website, everyone buys those figures as fact, but as far as I know, I'm the only person I'm aware of who gets GPS height readings directly from source.
Uhh... you know that we can just look at the pics and count the floors ourselves, right? We can clearly see that they haven't added any floors past 136, but somehow you saw the 137 floor. Is it a super technologically advanced invisible floor?
MetalliTooL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #3132
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
it is still 136F and 492.9m......Dubaimegaprojects is no offical source for me
Quote:
It's more official than burjdubai.com. James Allen of Favicon updates those pages both at EMAAR and at burjdubai.com. He gets his heights from a pre determined draught and takes his height levels from the boards themselves, which have rarely been right for the last 2 years. I remember when it jumped from 49 to 53 when it was at level 56, that's not accurate and neither is he. Because it's on an EMAAR approved website, everyone buys those figures as fact, but as far as I know, I'm the only person I'm aware of who gets GPS height readings directly from source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by playloud66 View Post
So what height reading are you getting for it now?
500.33m is the GPS current height from podium ground to the last finished floor taken at 19:00 on the 25th UAE time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes View Post
This is getting pathetic, honestly. Skytower, you have been showing height figures on your site that differed even 40m from the official numbers, now the difference is "only" 8m's. This is a JOKE.
Daniel, for someone who wants to know everything about the Burj Dubai Tower you show a lot of contempt without understanding reasonings I've explained to you until I'm blue in the face. I changed the point of measurement from where the heights are measured to podium concourse as many people were getting confused about all of the height measuring reference points. I'd like to measure the 'true height' from absolute datum ground (some 23.4m difference to podium ground when measured from this point) 15.2m is the difference from datum to podium and 13.2m difference from the last COMPLETED FLOOR to the PINNACLE OF CURRENT CONSTRUCTION. I have made these changes at your request so of course the gap between my figures are going to be narrower. I put links on this forum 3 times now where the remainder of the height updates can be found, on a forum where idiotic comments like these are not tolerated! I'm sure a man of your means will have no problems finding them should you wish to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R. Hawkwood View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm 500 Meters... No sorry Sky-Tower i do not believe you. Its too fast to jump from 494 Meters to 500 in 2/3 days.... far too fast but only time will tell the entire story.

Until then this thing is 494 meters to me.

Cheers Sky-Tower
That's a fair comment James, but I never agreed to that height in the first place at L136. The GPS says it was 495.15m at L136 with L137 being 5.2m so there is no big jump in my eyes.

People....please take note how Mr Hawkwood can politely disagree with someone without being rude or abnoxious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by european View Post
But it also says the date it says updated on 21-06-07
That's true also, the 136th floor was poured on the evening of the 19th, so the site was 2 days behind!
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:13 AM   #3133
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalliTooL View Post
Uhh... you know that we can just look at the pics and count the floors ourselves, right? We can clearly see that they haven't added any floors past 136, but somehow you saw the 137 floor. Is it a super technologically advanced invisible floor?

Floorcount is subjective as to where you count floor numbers from. The current floor numbering system was devised by myself and Fury over a year ago as to whether ground floor is counted as the first (especially when 2.5 floors above datum ground). For instance this building currently has 142.5 equivalent floors from basement to the top of it's equivalent floor at the pinnacle of construction, 141.5 completed floors to basement, 139.5 floors to datum ground, 137 equivalent floors to podium ground, 136 completed floors to 1st floor podium, or only 132 physical levels above 1st floor podium when you take the respective missing mechanical floor jumps.

MetalliTool, you are just a sheep in SSC's forumly accepted concensus, my appeal takes into consideration the general consensus of the 30,000 daily hits my other construction forums and websites get. So just take a step back and see the bigger picture!
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:31 AM   #3134
rogerick1970
BANNED

Likes (Received): 62

I think it may be a very long time before another building takes over this one.
rogerick1970 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:49 AM   #3135
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

Its not officially 500m but only the media needs official #s. From experience I have learnt that inside sources are much more reliable than the image a project is attempting to portray. Personally I will let the world continue to observe the information pumped out by the marketing giant charged with 'selling' the Burj Dubai. Im quite happy to go by Sky Towers #s.
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:55 AM   #3136
MetalliTooL

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenico View Post
Personally I will let the world continue to observe the information pumped out by the marketing giant charged with 'selling' the Burj Dubai.
And what would be their reason to lie?
MetalliTooL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 01:15 AM   #3137
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

I didnt mention anything about lying Metalli
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 02:10 AM   #3138
Lupin

Quote:

Floorcount is subjective as to where you count floor numbers from. The current floor numbering system was devised by myself and Fury over a year ago as to whether ground floor is counted as the first (especially when 2.5 floors above datum ground). For instance this building currently has 142.5 equivalent floors from basement to the top of it's equivalent floor at the pinnacle of construction, 141.5 completed floors to basement, 139.5 floors to datum ground, 137 equivalent floors to podium ground, 136 completed floors to 1st floor podium, or only 132 physical levels above 1st floor podium when you take the respective missing mechanical floor jumps.

MetalliTool, you are just a sheep in SSC's forumly accepted concensus, my appeal takes into consideration the general consensus of the 30,000 daily hits my other construction forums and websites get. So just take a step back and see the bigger picture!
Hmm.. Is the bigger picture a photo of your ego?

If not, then no.
Lupin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 02:42 AM   #3139
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Skytower, why not stop calling people who disagree with you "sheep"? You've been doing it over and over. A lot of the people on this forum, including a number of people you have called out, have done a ton of research into what they talk about. It really is asinine to call them "sheep".
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 03:42 AM   #3140
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1376

Agree
Skyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote