daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 28th, 2007, 07:08 PM   #3201
AltinD
The Modecator
 
AltinD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TIRANA / Dubai / Vienna
Posts: 31,827
Likes (Received): 6071

As far as pricing is concearn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
I saw advertised in a newspaper, they were selling an entire commercial floor (above level 100) of more then 11,000 sq.ft for the price of 4,400 AED/sq.ft. ($1,200) which will translate to around 10.000 EUR/sq.m.
__________________
I am the eye in the sky, Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #3202
Bikes
sababa
 
Bikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warsaw, Stockholm, Budapest, Berlin
Posts: 3,422
Likes (Received): 2674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Tower View Post
I changed the point of measurement from where the heights are measured to podium concourse as many people were getting confused about all of the height measuring reference points. I'd like to measure the 'true height' from absolute datum ground (some 23.4m difference to podium ground when measured from this point) 15.2m is the difference from datum to podium and 13.2m difference from the last COMPLETED FLOORto the PINNACLE OF CURRENT CONSTRUCTION. I have made these changes at your request so of course the gap between my figures are going to be narrower.
Stop with these lies. You have changed your so called measuring (made up numbers) not to look like an idiot, when you would be 60m+ from the final height. You have said several times in the past, that your measurings (the 40-50-60m+ from the Emaar figures) is the OFFICIAL height, that is going to be counted when Burj is finished, and now you say the same about the 8m+ one, funny. You can talk as much as you want, things wont change.

You can measure anything you want, IT WONT BE OFFICIAL. finito.

Before you start to talk again, here are your "official" numbers from the past:



__________________
Dubai Marina Yachts
Bikes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #3203
Escoto_Dubai2008
Dubai, 21st Century City
 
Escoto_Dubai2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Santa Tecla, El Salvador
Posts: 2,808
Likes (Received): 411

Well, we have to wait to name Burj Dubai, The tallest tower on earth.
__________________
Andrés Escoto: "Apasionado por un sueño"

Mis Blogs

!Somos seres humanos,....! !Nuestras vidas tienen valor!
Escoto_Dubai2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #3204
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,509
Likes (Received): 6533

yes, waiting is the best we can do
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 11:57 PM   #3205
James R. Hawkwood
Imperator
 
James R. Hawkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 456
Likes (Received): 7

Like i said guys: Time will tell the entire story!!!!

My cat (Jozias) is 32 Cm high.

0,32 * 500 = 160 Meter tall cat

How about that cullwulla?

Cheers man
__________________
Let the Russian Empire rise and shine as never before and let it be the Ultra power that conquers the world!
James R. Hawkwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:57 AM   #3206
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight
 
Sentient Seas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,097
Likes (Received): 42

Yup, again playing the waiting game.
__________________
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
Sentient Seas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:41 AM   #3207
leo82
Registered User
 
leo82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cúcuta
Posts: 195
Likes (Received): 1

este rascacielos sera maravillosos que espectaculo de edificio
leo82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #3208
Jarenz
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Central Philippines Capital _-=C=E=B=U=-_
Posts: 4,289
Likes (Received): 1303

...once this tower will be fully operational....
it will be the center of all the news...articles...issues...of the whole world....

A great landmark for Dubai... it will great boost tourism and a large volume of tourist will coming in...
Jarenz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #3209
Megalothian
Blood, sweat, gravy, egg.
 
Megalothian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,529
Likes (Received): 144

There are a lot of 'normal' intelligent people that don't know about this tower, or they wouldn't if i didn't go on about it so much! Congratulations.
Megalothian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 01:17 PM   #3210
great184
visionary
 
great184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Miami-Manila-Bohol
Posts: 1,722
Likes (Received): 281

I mentioned that too a couple of threads ago, i have been on a mission to inform the people about this building, so far half of the guys i mention it too doesn't have a clue about this one.
__________________
Arguably, one of the best 3d cities in SSC - South Sea Central

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1536278
great184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #3211
great184
visionary
 
great184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Miami-Manila-Bohol
Posts: 1,722
Likes (Received): 281

Is it just me or is there isn't enough media coverage on the Burj, this deserves more than its getting, after all its breaking the record by 200m++, a gap never experienced before in the history of skyscrapers.
__________________
Arguably, one of the best 3d cities in SSC - South Sea Central

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1536278
great184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #3212
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,279
Likes (Received): 18952

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo82 View Post
este rascacielos sera maravillosos que espectaculo de edificio
Yeah cool skyscraper eh?

Are we on the 500m already?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:24 PM   #3213
FlyFish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 352
Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by great184 View Post
Is it just me or is there isn't enough media coverage on the Burj, this deserves more than its getting, after all its breaking the record by 200m++, a gap never experienced before in the history of skyscrapers.
There won't be alot of coverage because 99.99% of the people in the world could not possible care less that a rich guy in the Mid-East is building this monument to his nation's wealth and greed. That is how this building will be viewed by many people. In fact most of those 99.99% will actually RESENT the building because they (we) feel we've paid for it through gasoline and other oil based products. The existence of the building "proves" to many that we are overpaying for all of those commodities.

To give you an example. I was on this site and looking at Ires's pictures one day. A co-worker came in and I showed him the building, he said WOW that's big, where is it? I said Dubai, he frowned and said "well, that explains 3 dollars for a gallon of gas" and walked off.

We who read and follow these things are NOT the majority of folks. We are a small group of folks who think engineering on this scale and uber-construction are cool. Most others do not share our enthusiasm. That's why you won't see much media coverage other than on the Discovery and Histoy Channels IMO.

Cheers
FlyFish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #3214
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 5,368
Likes (Received): 3405

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFish View Post
There won't be alot of coverage because 99.99% of the people in the world could not possible care less that a rich guy in the Mid-East is building this monument to his nation's wealth and greed. That is how this building will be viewed by many people. In fact most of those 99.99% will actually RESENT the building because they (we) feel we've paid for it through gasoline and other oil based products. The existence of the building "proves" to many that we are overpaying for all of those commodities.

To give you an example. I was on this site and looking at Ires's pictures one day. A co-worker came in and I showed him the building, he said WOW that's big, where is it? I said Dubai, he frowned and said "well, that explains 3 dollars for a gallon of gas" and walked off.

We who read and follow these things are NOT the majority of folks. We are a small group of folks who think engineering on this scale and uber-construction are cool. Most others do not share our enthusiasm. That's why you won't see much media coverage other than on the Discovery and Histoy Channels IMO.

Cheers
There was also a big media coverage when the Taipei 101 was completed. This was even in the biggest news. There will be no difference with the Burj Dubai. Many people will hear about it when it`s completed. They just need a big firework and a nice light show so the news can show an impressive video and the people will remember the opening day.

That`s all.
__________________
My trips around the World

Tom_Green no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #3215
AltinD
The Modecator
 
AltinD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TIRANA / Dubai / Vienna
Posts: 31,827
Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFish View Post
There won't be alot of coverage because 99.99% of the people in the world could not possible care less that a rich guy in the Mid-East is building this monument to his nation's wealth and greed. That is how this building will be viewed by many people. In fact most of those 99.99% will actually RESENT the building because they (we) feel we've paid for it through gasoline and other oil based products. The existence of the building "proves" to many that we are overpaying for all of those commodities.

To give you an example. I was on this site and looking at Ires's pictures one day. A co-worker came in and I showed him the building, he said WOW that's big, where is it? I said Dubai, he frowned and said "well, that explains 3 dollars for a gallon of gas" and walked off.

We who read and follow these things are NOT the majority of folks. We are a small group of folks who think engineering on this scale and uber-construction are cool. Most others do not share our enthusiasm. That's why you won't see much media coverage other than on the Discovery and Histoy Channels IMO.

Cheers

And a person in London, read your post and said: "$3 per gallon and complaining? THAT'S BLOODY CHEAP, we're paying $8 - 9 overhere" ... so with all (non) due respect, bugger off and gain some knowledge
__________________
I am the eye in the sky, Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:42 PM   #3216
FlyFish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 352
Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
And a person in London, read your post and said: "$3 per gallon and complaining? THAT'S BLOODY CHEAP, we're paying $8 - 9 overhere" ... so with all (non) due respect, bugger off and gain some knowledge
LOL, don't get hung up on the details my friend. It is a matter of perspective, three dollars is obviously wonderful when compared to 8 but when you have been paying two dollars, I assure you three sux, LOL.

My post was in responce to "great184" who asked why there isn't more media coverage of this building. The fact is, that to most people that building represents greed and gouging, not a magnificent engineering feat. I think that's why the major media isn't ll over this, they will certainly cover it's completion.

Last edited by FlyFish; June 29th, 2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: clarity
FlyFish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #3217
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati
 
smussuw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 6,297
Likes (Received): 533


How do u feel when you know that gas is still cheaper than water? Does that make you feel better? It doesn't for me because oil is still one of the most underrated materials on earth and I wouldn't be satisfied until it reaches $500 for the barrel
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #3218
FlyFish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 352
Likes (Received): 83

I think you are missing my point. I am not argueing oil prices. Sheesh

I will recap, and I will go slowly.....

Someone asked why there wasn't more media coverage.

I answered that to most people (I DID NOT SAY ME) this thing because of its location represents something other than a technological marvel. It represents greed and the opinion that someone who has the oil is making more than necessary on the sale of that oil.

I also answered that 99.99% of the media consuming population does not give a rat's butt about a tall building.

Those two factors (the second moreso), IMO, explain why there is not more coverage of the construction of this building.

I also relayed a conversation with a co-worker about this building where the co-worker grumbled about the correlation between a Mid-Easetrn city building this thing and the 33% increase we in the US have seen in gas prices coincidently, in just about the timeframe of the construction of this building. LOL, I now wish I had kept that conversation to myself.

Hopefully I am being clear.
FlyFish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #3219
CULWULLA
Registered User
 
CULWULLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 62,764
Likes (Received): 10146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
28/June/2007

Burj Dubai update

500 m??








lets get back to the subject.
Burj Dubai. imres latest pix from yesterday
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #3220
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati
 
smussuw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 6,297
Likes (Received): 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFish View Post
I think you are missing my point. I am not argueing oil prices. Sheesh
I am aware of that but I couldn't resist responding to what AltinD have said
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu