daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2007, 07:08 PM   #3201
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

As far as pricing is concearn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
I saw advertised in a newspaper, they were selling an entire commercial floor (above level 100) of more then 11,000 sq.ft for the price of 4,400 AED/sq.ft. ($1,200) which will translate to around 10.000 EUR/sq.m.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #3202
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Tower View Post
I changed the point of measurement from where the heights are measured to podium concourse as many people were getting confused about all of the height measuring reference points. I'd like to measure the 'true height' from absolute datum ground (some 23.4m difference to podium ground when measured from this point) 15.2m is the difference from datum to podium and 13.2m difference from the last COMPLETED FLOORto the PINNACLE OF CURRENT CONSTRUCTION. I have made these changes at your request so of course the gap between my figures are going to be narrower.
Stop with these lies. You have changed your so called measuring (made up numbers) not to look like an idiot, when you would be 60m+ from the final height. You have said several times in the past, that your measurings (the 40-50-60m+ from the Emaar figures) is the OFFICIAL height, that is going to be counted when Burj is finished, and now you say the same about the 8m+ one, funny. You can talk as much as you want, things wont change.

You can measure anything you want, IT WONT BE OFFICIAL. finito.

Before you start to talk again, here are your "official" numbers from the past:

Old June 28th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #3203
Escoto_Dubai2008
Dubai, 21st Century City

Likes (Received): 411

Well, we have to wait to name Burj Dubai, The tallest tower on earth.

Mis Blogs

!Somos seres humanos,....! !Nuestras vidas tienen valor!
Escoto_Dubai2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #3204
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6533

yes, waiting is the best we can do
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 11:57 PM   #3205
James R. Hawkwood
Imperator

Likes (Received): 7

Like i said guys: Time will tell the entire story!!!!

My cat (Jozias) is 32 Cm high.

0,32 * 500 = 160 Meter tall cat

How about that cullwulla?

Cheers man
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:57 AM   #3206
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight

Likes (Received): 42

Yup, again playing the waiting game.
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:41 AM   #3207
leo82

Likes (Received): 1

este rascacielos sera maravillosos que espectaculo de edificio
leo82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #3208
Jarenz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1303

...once this tower will be fully operational....
it will be the center of all the news...articles...issues...of the whole world....

A great landmark for Dubai... it will great boost tourism and a large volume of tourist will coming in...
Jarenz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #3209
Megalothian
Blood, sweat, gravy, egg.

Likes (Received): 144

There are a lot of 'normal' intelligent people that don't know about this tower, or they wouldn't if i didn't go on about it so much! Congratulations.
Megalothian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 01:17 PM   #3210
great184
visionary

Likes (Received): 281

I mentioned that too a couple of threads ago, i have been on a mission to inform the people about this building, so far half of the guys i mention it too doesn't have a clue about this one.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1536278
great184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #3211
great184
visionary

Likes (Received): 281

Is it just me or is there isn't enough media coverage on the Burj, this deserves more than its getting, after all its breaking the record by 200m++, a gap never experienced before in the history of skyscrapers.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1536278
great184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #3212
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 18952

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo82 View Post
este rascacielos sera maravillosos que espectaculo de edificio
Yeah cool skyscraper eh?

Are we on the 500m already?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:24 PM   #3213
FlyFish

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by great184 View Post
Is it just me or is there isn't enough media coverage on the Burj, this deserves more than its getting, after all its breaking the record by 200m++, a gap never experienced before in the history of skyscrapers.
There won't be alot of coverage because 99.99% of the people in the world could not possible care less that a rich guy in the Mid-East is building this monument to his nation's wealth and greed. That is how this building will be viewed by many people. In fact most of those 99.99% will actually RESENT the building because they (we) feel we've paid for it through gasoline and other oil based products. The existence of the building "proves" to many that we are overpaying for all of those commodities.

To give you an example. I was on this site and looking at Ires's pictures one day. A co-worker came in and I showed him the building, he said WOW that's big, where is it? I said Dubai, he frowned and said "well, that explains 3 dollars for a gallon of gas" and walked off.

We who read and follow these things are NOT the majority of folks. We are a small group of folks who think engineering on this scale and uber-construction are cool. Most others do not share our enthusiasm. That's why you won't see much media coverage other than on the Discovery and Histoy Channels IMO.

Cheers
FlyFish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #3214
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3405

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFish View Post
There won't be alot of coverage because 99.99% of the people in the world could not possible care less that a rich guy in the Mid-East is building this monument to his nation's wealth and greed. That is how this building will be viewed by many people. In fact most of those 99.99% will actually RESENT the building because they (we) feel we've paid for it through gasoline and other oil based products. The existence of the building "proves" to many that we are overpaying for all of those commodities.

To give you an example. I was on this site and looking at Ires's pictures one day. A co-worker came in and I showed him the building, he said WOW that's big, where is it? I said Dubai, he frowned and said "well, that explains 3 dollars for a gallon of gas" and walked off.

We who read and follow these things are NOT the majority of folks. We are a small group of folks who think engineering on this scale and uber-construction are cool. Most others do not share our enthusiasm. That's why you won't see much media coverage other than on the Discovery and Histoy Channels IMO.

Cheers
There was also a big media coverage when the Taipei 101 was completed. This was even in the biggest news. There will be no difference with the Burj Dubai. Many people will hear about it when it`s completed. They just need a big firework and a nice light show so the news can show an impressive video and the people will remember the opening day.

That`s all.

Tom_Green no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #3215
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFish View Post

Cheers

And a person in London, read your post and said: "$3 per gallon and complaining? THAT'S BLOODY CHEAP, we're paying $8 - 9 overhere" ... so with all (non) due respect, bugger off and gain some knowledge
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:42 PM   #3216
FlyFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
And a person in London, read your post and said: "$3 per gallon and complaining? THAT'S BLOODY CHEAP, we're paying $8 - 9 overhere" ... so with all (non) due respect, bugger off and gain some knowledge
LOL, don't get hung up on the details my friend. It is a matter of perspective, three dollars is obviously wonderful when compared to 8 but when you have been paying two dollars, I assure you three sux, LOL.

My post was in responce to "great184" who asked why there isn't more media coverage of this building. The fact is, that to most people that building represents greed and gouging, not a magnificent engineering feat. I think that's why the major media isn't ll over this, they will certainly cover it's completion.

Last edited by FlyFish; June 29th, 2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: clarity
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #3217
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

How do u feel when you know that gas is still cheaper than water? Does that make you feel better? It doesn't for me because oil is still one of the most underrated materials on earth and I wouldn't be satisfied until it reaches $500 for the barrel
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #3218
FlyFish

I think you are missing my point. I am not argueing oil prices. Sheesh

I will recap, and I will go slowly.....

Someone asked why there wasn't more media coverage.

I answered that to most people (I DID NOT SAY ME) this thing because of its location represents something other than a technological marvel. It represents greed and the opinion that someone who has the oil is making more than necessary on the sale of that oil.

I also answered that 99.99% of the media consuming population does not give a rat's butt about a tall building.

Those two factors (the second moreso), IMO, explain why there is not more coverage of the construction of this building.

I also relayed a conversation with a co-worker about this building where the co-worker grumbled about the correlation between a Mid-Easetrn city building this thing and the 33% increase we in the US have seen in gas prices coincidently, in just about the timeframe of the construction of this building. LOL, I now wish I had kept that conversation to myself.

Hopefully I am being clear.
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #3219
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
28/June/2007

Burj Dubai update

500 m??

lets get back to the subject.
Burj Dubai. imres latest pix from yesterday