daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 8th, 2007, 05:46 AM   #3521
Westyguy

Likes (Received): 325

I think it is slowing down as well. Going from 300m to 400m was a lot quicker than from 400m to 500m. I'm also frustrated at the progress of the basement and surrounding areas. I know it will be finished eventually but I'm sick and tired of seeing piles of sand and dirt at the bottom of Burj Dubai. Its driving me crazy.
Westyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #3522
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10144

^it has slowed down over past 2 weeks due to core reconfig at tier12/lev137/8)
thanks imre. always look forward to updates. the team of cladders look spiffy.
someone mentioned that burj Dubai maybe worlds tallest free standing object?
Well at 502m (scaffold add 8m) ,only the 508m Taipei101,553m CN Tower,540m Ostankino tower are higher. Also 527m antennae of Sears tower.
Hotice-the top section of Taipei101 isnt a small unnoccupied space that cheated over sears for highest roof?
the 10storey section has lots of space and only looks small. Its 18m wide at top floor where 448m height is taken.

Last edited by CULWULLA; July 8th, 2007 at 07:28 AM.
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 08:46 AM   #3523
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Taipei 101 needs some "friends" surrounding it.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 09:22 AM   #3524
Mr. Alloy
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2

I love how much more enormous it looks all alone.

(Or Dec. 30, 2008. Whatev.)

Guess the final height of the Burj Dubai and get a shiny plaque!
Mr. Alloy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #3525
CULWULLA

^just like how Burj Dubai will look. Its set away from other tall bldgs and amongst lakes and open areas. will make it look even taller if thats possible?
in chicago, the new 610m Spire is set near lake side which will make it appear even taller. poor old Sears Tower was set in CBd with many talls surrounding it,only can see top half.The new freedom tower will only have the top half sen on skyline due to athe density of the surrounding bldgs. Apparently the ESB had planning rules enforced so that it had a tall bldg buffer zone around it so it stoodout even more.still enforced today.p
>>
http://www.mergatroyd.org/cam/images/video.jpg

Last edited by CULWULLA; July 8th, 2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old July 8th, 2007, 10:25 AM   #3526
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendolasco View Post

it seems that the first row support the weight of a lot of upper rows...it seems impossible
It appears like that, yes, but I'd be very surprised if that occured in reality. Every curtainwall I know of always uses the floor and/or ceiling to support the windows and frames from everything else. You can see each window has brackets to latch and lock them in place to the slabs Thus, the floor / ceiling will hold the windows and the brackets will keep them seperate (as a large piece) from each other (though of course they'll be fully sealed from the outside as a whole skin when done once they seal any gaps).

I think the reason for the larger brackets is only because remember that we're starting glass above larger mechanical floors below. If they're going to put on higher than normal louvers or vents or a mixture of vents and glass to cover the mech spaces, those larger brackets may be needed to hold the top of the mech vents in place or transition the facade from vents to normal curtainwall.

Now, I'm not an expert by any means - maybe there is a special reason for doing it like that, pendolasco. That's as good a thought as I have on the topic though! Hope that helps.
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 12:27 PM   #3527
tj_brewed

Likes (Received): 1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
^it has slowed down over past 2 weeks due to core reconfig at tier12/lev137/8)
thanks imre. always look forward to updates. the team of cladders look spiffy.
Well at 502m (scaffold add 8m) ,only the 508m Taipei101,553m CN Tower,540m Ostankino tower are higher. Also 527m antennae of Sears tower.
Hotice-the top section of Taipei101 isnt a small unnoccupied space that cheated over sears for highest roof?
the 10storey section has lots of space and only looks small. Its 18m wide at top floor where 448m height is taken.
Beautiful...too bad it cant hold long to its record as the tallest completed skyscraper as others are being finished as well. I like its design too! Reflects a true asian ingenuity.
Old July 8th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #3528
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
me . when you count the cranes to the current height of BD maybe it has over 553m. what do you say?
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 02:29 PM   #3529
CULWULLA

well the crane arms are 45m, and you can count cabin and atleast 10m of tower section.so tip ofcrane extends approx 60m above highest core formwork. so if core box formwork is now 510m,then add 60m, maybe 570m?
Old July 8th, 2007, 03:42 PM   #3530
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

570m sounds good, when yes we've a new tallest freestanding structure
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #3531
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Won't be long now that we'll see what the glass that covers that Mechanical Floors looks like.
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #3532
the sock

Likes (Received): 80

is the obs deck in burj dubai indoor or outdoor , and how fast will the lifts go.
the sock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #3533
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

08/July/2007

Burj Dubai update

Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #3534
grymes56

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendolasco View Post
but check the first row support and those upper, it seems are only "passthrough"
my guess for why the cladding anchors on level 19 are different would be that the first row of cladding needs to all be level with each other to build upon. Those standard anchors have degrees of freedom to them to allow for slight discrepancies in placement. You do not want your first row to be staggered up and down though, so those 'shelf bracket' type anchors on the first row probably just eliminate the vertical degree of freedom, assuring that they are all level with one another.
grymes56 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #3535
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

great update tnx again Imre
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #3536
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalliTooL View Post
Because why would we believe some random person on a forum who claims that he has insider info? There are plenty of "experts" on every forum who claim they know things most people don't know. Can you blame us for being skeptical? And the floor updates on the website seem accurate.

Finding out the correct level is not a problem. We can just look at the pics. And why would the heights on the chart (provided to the webmaster by Emaar I assume) be wrong?
Please feel free to use the ignore button!
I have tirelessly answered the same questions over and over again.

Random person!!!

I spend a lot of time devoted to learning about this tower and have done from it's first inception 4 years ago, before any groundbreaking.
As you know, my figures come direct from source, not what it's PR driven cloaking company like EMAAR's pre fabricate figures, issued to a non realated party without signing a confidentiality clause smells a bit whiffy to me!
I've dealt with EMAAR, Samsung, Al Abbar, Besix, ME Aluminium and I've spoken to it's designer Adrian Smith and I have an ongoing working relationship with Duncan McKensie the towers Chief Engineer.
I engage in talks with SOM's PR girls and I keep in contact with the offices of Adrian Smith & Gordon Gill Architecture.
I was the only forumer to secure an interview with Adrian Smith himself, I've done Q+A with the directors of SOM and I've produced the first Construction Forum Podcast on the Burj Dubai Tower and written a 6000 word article in January's edition of National Geographic and November's issue of Skyscraper Magazine on the Burj Dubai Tower.
I have complete DNS and FTP access to this forum including advertising, backlinking and P.R. rights (meaning I can update, upgrade, install and uninstall whatever and whenever I choose.....including user accounts )
I host and administrate SSP too and I administer and run AAS with Richie Gill.
Richie and I are also hosting the worlds first skyscraper day at the Burj Dubai Tower next year. I will be giving seminars and we will have 6 guest speakers on the Burj Dubai (tickets for sale, enquiries at [email protected])
About ten feet away from me is the whole backup files for SSC, SSP, and AAS and so is it's archive of the Burj Dubai Tower since day one.
I will be compiling and Almanac of it's construction in great detail, in hardback book and on DVD.
I own 3 website dedicated to the Burj Dubai and to top it off I've just bought a 3 bedroomed, 3 bathroomed apartment on the 59th floor of the Burj Dubai.
I'm setting it up to be a 25 way "Fractional Ownership" timeshare apartment (contact [email protected] for prices and information....new website coming soon)
MetalliTool, the pure simple fact is.....I seem to know a hell of a lot about the tower because I spend many hours making sure I do. I have the right contacts, friends, business partners and find many entrepenuerial angles for getting information out of people that don't want to give it.
It's what I do for a living, make people do what I want them to do.
So you just hit that little ignore button and let some forumers who actually feel comfortable asking sensible questions get one in edgeways.
We are all here to learn, especially me.
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #3537
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

we support you you are a great asset for us
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #3538
cbotnyse
Chicago Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 26

why are they waiting so long to install the windows?
cbotnyse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #3539
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

I guess becouse the glass has just begun arriving from China where it is fabricated.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM   #3540
cbotnyse
Chicago Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKing View Post
I guess becouse the glass has just begun arriving from China where it is fabricated.
Seems like bad management of time. Trump Tower in Chicago started installing the windows as soon as it was possible to do so. This building will be constructed by the time the windows get installed. It does take a long time to install these, considered they must be installed one at a time.
cbotnyse no está en línea   Reply With Quote