daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #3561
Mr. Alloy
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?28883268

Buildings currently under construction taller than 400 meters. The link should only last about 24 hours (I think?), so don't ask me why it isn't working if you're reading this later.

Everything else looks almost pitiful next to the Burj!

Anyway, Culwulla, can you keep all of these in mind when making your next diagram? Thanks!

(Or Dec. 30, 2008. Whatev.)

Guess the final height of the Burj Dubai and get a shiny plaque!
Mr. Alloy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2007, 11:58 AM   #3562
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 310

Wau,the building's surrounding was just desert.And now....
D_Y2k.2^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:28 PM   #3563
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2435

Damn , so in other words now , none of us know the true height of the BD.

=(
Old July 9th, 2007, 01:48 PM   #3564
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10139

^well its definatley 138 levels and at least 502m and scaffold is up to approx 510m. that much is for certain,. thats good enough i reckon!

Mr Alloy- yes i have all them. its the new ones between 300-400m are the hard to keep track off. Also im adding existing skyscrapers as well. so many around the world.Interesting how its boomed after 9-11 instead of what many peple thought it would slow down.
as for com towers ill add just the ones over 400m. theres so many now between 300-400m.
busy time being a skyscraper fanatic.
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 01:53 PM   #3565
TexasSkyWatcher
Supertall fan #1

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbotnyse View Post
Seems like bad management of time. Trump Tower in Chicago started installing the windows as soon as it was possible to do so. This building will be constructed by the time the windows get installed. It does take a long time to install these, considered they must be installed one at a time.
So did the BD workers. The glass wasn't available until lately...haven't you guys been reading the thread? Did you miss the posts about the glass being delayed?

Last edited by i_am_hydrogen; July 10th, 2007 at 12:25 AM.
TexasSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #3566
burj dubai fan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

pics of highest pumping record from ssp date: 6/21/07

burj dubai fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #3567
burj dubai fan
BANNED

New render and notice the elevator panel to the right

burj dubai fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #3568
CULWULLA

great photos. i would ignore the "elevator panel". its just a gimmick.
Just on its current height-
i used a very simple system/theory which has worked out to be fairly accurate since last year. Ive worked out the "average" floor-floor height for the mighty Burj Dubai is 3.65m or 12ft.
even now, 138 x 3.65m= 503.7m.
pretty close to current height.
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:11 PM   #3569
xlchris
Not much

Likes (Received): 201

How fast is the lift going..?
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:44 PM   #3570
Erektion

Likes (Received): 55

Is it a full moon at the moment? Have people gotten out of the wrong side of their beds? Has a black cat just walked under a ladder whilst breaking a mirror on friday 13th???
I'm on here everyday having a quick look at the AMAZING photos people are kind enough to post for us all. (So just quickly, thank you very much to all the contributors.)
I don't normally read comments as it's normally a bit of dribble or the same questions and answers. I kind of just figure that it doesn't matter what anyone writes because things will be what they will be. No one's guess or special 'insider information' will change what is ultimately in my opinion an amazing building.
The pictures speak for themselves.
So please can all those guilty of using up forum space arguing over what is essentially nothing...get off and leave the space for some pretty pictures of pretty buildings in far away places!
Over and out...
Oh, and we all lived happily ever after

Last edited by Erektion; July 9th, 2007 at 03:25 PM.
Erektion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:49 PM   #3571
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

09/July/2007

Burj Dubai update

Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #3572
Imre
Dubai

09/July/2007

Burj Dubai from The Old Town

Old July 9th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #3573
Skymyhusband
French dwarf

Likes (Received): 60

Great pack, Imre... more and more artistic
Skymyhusband no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #3574
CULWULLA

great shots imre. i count no more then 138 levels.[note 138 has alot of scaffold.
looking very slim near top.
notice the white line through lev136.

this pic shows Burj lake hotel which is currently 245m and Burj at 500m+ wow double the height
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7...esolt03jm2.jpg

Last edited by CULWULLA; July 9th, 2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old July 9th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #3575
Imre
Dubai

thanks

more Old Town pics here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...136776&page=14
Old July 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #3576
Rickyrab

Oh, come on. they promised the tallest anything in the world. Whatever happened to 800 meters?

I was going to say that the Burj Dubai reminded me of the Chrysler Building, because the builders of both wanted the tallest building at any cost, including trickery and guessing games regarding height. (In the case of the Chrysler, it beat its downtown rival by building a slender spire inside the building and jacking it up at the last moment to win its prize.

It also reminds me of the Illinois Building, Frank Lloyd Wright's dream, and I consider the Burj Dubai/ Al Burj saga to be a proxy war between NYC and Chicago, with Chicago currently in the lead due to its architects' Burj Dubai.
Rickyrab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #3577
jhalsey

Likes (Received): 181

If the elevato panel were genuine it would only show alternate floors because the lifts are double-decker. Right?
jhalsey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #3578
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Likes (Received): 37

its getting arful thin now
Old July 9th, 2007, 06:36 PM   #3579
googlepeakoil

Likes (Received): 0

I noticed on IMRE's pics from last week - that they're already done several floorplates for the second core setback (those tiny ones that only stick out about 3 metres from the core).
Also that big white steel thing sticking out of the side of the core was for the base of the construction elevators that go from floor 120ish up to 138+ currently.

I see they're finally on the 4th row of glass... wow, do they need to do a lot of catching up - they're going to need 100s of people working on glass installation alone.

Also I found a excellent video quality 350mb torrent of the German "mega builders" Discovery documentary filmed back last year when it was around 70 storeys tall. It was interesting to see lots of different shots but f****** annoying trying to hear the English underneath the German over-dub, agh!!! They showed them having problems building some brick wall, testing the original glazing, and lots of other things as far as I could understand.
If anyone has the English one please look into putting up a torrent of it - would be very nice to know what the people are talking about.

Last edited by googlepeakoil; July 9th, 2007 at 06:43 PM.
googlepeakoil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 06:47 PM   #3580
anthony99

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlepeakoil View Post
I noticed on IMRE's pics from last week - that they're already done several floorplates for the second core setback (those tiny ones that only stick out about 3 metres from the core).
Also that big white steel thing sticking out of the side of the core was for the base of the construction elevators that go from floor 120ish up to 138+ currently.

I see they're finally on the 4th row of glass... wow, do they need to do a lot of catching up - they're going to need 100s of people working on glass installation alone.

Also I found a excellent video quality 350mb torrent of the German "mega builders" Discovery documentary filmed back last year when it was around 70 storeys tall. It was interesting to see lots of different shots but f****** annoying trying to hear the English underneath the German over-dub, agh!!! They showed them having problems building some brick wall, testing the original glazing, and lots of other things as far as I could understand.
If anyone has the English one please look into putting up a torrent of it - would be very nice to know what the people are talking about.
yeh have been looking for an english version of that documentry too

i downloaded that german one but someone had password protected the winrar file so i was well naffed off
anthony99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote