daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2007, 06:55 PM   #3941
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhenrik View Post
is the centeral core going to look like that all the way upp to the concrete top ?
i'm not 100% sure but i believe not
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:00 PM   #3942
BlackSmith!
Peace sells...

Likes (Received): 6

As Fury wrote few pages ago, there are core reconfigurements at floors 144, 148, 152 and 156 which should be the end of the concrete, if this hasnt changed yet. Check the render on the first page!!
BlackSmith! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #3943
Wikidboo

Likes (Received): 0

Great pics once again Imre....and a couple asnwer a question I had on the depth of the lake.

Another question I have is :

I watched a program last night on the Empire State Building and it said it had 120 floors....now, do the floors have to be a certain height to be called a floor ?..if not then is it typical for builders to build lower ceilings to squeeze in more floors ?

The BD's floors seem to have high ceilings

Cheers
Wikidboo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #3944
Green Jello

Likes (Received): 23

Old July 17th, 2007, 08:34 PM   #3945
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikidboo View Post
Great pics once again Imre....and a couple asnwer a question I had on the depth of the lake.

I watched a program last night on the Empire State Building and it said it had 120 floors....now, do the floors have to be a certain height to be called a floor ?..if not then is it typical for builders to build lower ceilings to squeeze in more floors ?

Cheers
The floorheight depends on its use. Residential and Hotel floors are higher than Officefloors.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #3946
Wikidboo

lol, I think I've been in that building Dwalden.
Wikidboo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:01 PM   #3947
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Burj Dubai is set to become the tallest building in the world

17-Jul-2007

The Burj Dubai will become the world's tallest tower on 21st July 2007 .The structure is set to overtake current record holder Taipei 101 which measures 509m. The announcement was made during a briefing on safety measures being adopted at the site. No further details were released.

When completed, it will hold the record in all four categories as recognized by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (i.e., highest structure, roof, antenna and occupied floor) and have the highest publicly accessible observation deck. The tip of the spire can be seen by a person 95 km (60 miles) away. A person in the Observation Deck can see as far away as 80 km (50 miles), which is more than twice the distance from Dubai to Al Ain. The design of the Burj Dubai is derived from the geometries of the desert flower and the patterning systems embodied in Islamic architecture. It combines these historical and cultural influences with cutting-edge technology to achieve a high-performance building which will set the new standard for development in the Middle East and become the model for the future of the city of Dubai.

Emaar gained the international spotlight with Burj Dubai, its iconic development, currently achieving the status of the second tallest tower in the world. A testimony to the company’s development expertise, Burj Dubai now also holds the record for the maximum number of storeys in any building, and the world-record for vertical concrete pumping. (Gowealthy.com)
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #3948
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:55 PM   #3949
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden View Post
what buidling is that?
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #3950
Mr. Alloy
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2

lol, dwalden!

Low overhead...

pflo777, that's from a movie called Being John Malkovich.

(Or Dec. 30, 2008. Whatev.)

Guess the final height of the Burj Dubai and get a shiny plaque!
Mr. Alloy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:07 PM   #3951
Mr. Alloy
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikidboo View Post

Cheers
ESB has 102 floors. The 102nd floor is a premium observation deck in what was originally a zeppelin docking station on top of the building.

(Or Dec. 30, 2008. Whatev.)

Guess the final height of the Burj Dubai and get a shiny plaque!
Mr. Alloy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #3952
Rafal.Druzkowski

Quick question

Anyone saw that short clip on Channel 4 ( UK TV ) it looks like a helicopter flyby over Burj Dubai, maybe someone know to what documentary it belongs.

Regards
Rafal.Druzkowski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #3953
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Was very bored again.......enjoy

Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #3954
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

thx for showing that Sky Tower.

btw..the floors above 139 looking taller than below the mech. floors. can that be?
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #3955
BlackSmith!
Peace sells...

Likes (Received): 6

I agree with SkyTower. Floor count is correct. You forgot the core setback on level 144 on the backside of the core. The way you count could be really 216, but I think that it would be occupied only to level 181 or 187. Its way too small higher up.
@ ZZ-II: Levels above 139 are office floors so they are taller (at least 4m) Last higher floor is 156,wher Emaars chairman office should be. I forgot where I heard that Than floors are again smaller (according to the render)
Lots of fun
BlackSmith! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #3956
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight

Likes (Received): 42

Ah I wasn't aware it was to be more than 200 floors in total. It will be nice to know the official height in a few days or whatever though. It will clear up much confusion.
Old July 17th, 2007, 11:06 PM   #3957
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban.kovac View Post
I agree with SkyTower. Floor count is correct. You forgot the core setback on level 144 on the backside of the core. The way you count could be really 216, but I think that it would be occupied only to level 181 or 187. Its way too small higher up.
@ ZZ-II: Levels above 139 are office floors so they are taller (at least 4m) Last higher floor is 156,wher Emaars chairman office should be. I forgot where I heard that Than floors are again smaller (according to the render)
Lots of fun
the floors 113-135 are already 4m tall office floors. so i guess these new floor are between 4.5 and 5m tall.
Old July 17th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #3958
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Here's a picture of the guy who bought floor 216.

Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #3959
Artanis
Civil Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
Burj Dubai is set to become the tallest building in the world

17-Jul-2007

The Burj Dubai will become the world's tallest tower on 21st July 2007 ....
Funny to know is that July 21th is the national holiday of Belgium. And Besix is of course a belgium company...
Artanis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #3960
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Whatever figures EMAAR announce on Saturday, it'll be wrong.....worse still....deliberately wrong!

All of the news statements, many of which have been posted here have derived from just one carefully orchestrated 2 minute news announcement from the PR guys at EMAAR.

You may ask..."Why on earth would they?"...and the answer is....it's a future WTB in the making and they will continue to pour out their smokescreen for as long as possible, to keep everyone guessing and create more interest (confirmed with my interview of Adrian Smith)

In the somewhat comical 14 point mandate in the EMAAR "Burj Dubai" policy contracts...number 2.4.2.1 was "Under no circumstances imply, infer, cofirm or deny company policy or procedure with regards to the building's potential, current under construction or final finished dimensions, including all heights, widths, quantaties or timeline for any works, integral to; but not excluding 3rd party contractees in trustee of contractual obligations to the integrity of the 'the contract', with special reference being directed to the 'companies' public relations department, if a point of denial of knowing such information cannot be honored or pre approved responses cannot be stated verbatum (see terms and condtions 8.1.3).

The comical part is that the last section 2.4.2.14 states...."Under no circumstances imply, infer, cofirm or deny company policy or procedure with regards to the building's potential, current under construction or final finished dimensions, including all heights, widths, quantaties or timeline for any works, integral to; but not excluding 3rd party contractees in trustee of contractual obligations to the integrity of the 'the contract', with special reference being directed to the 'companies' public relations department, if a point of denial of knowing such information cannot be honored or pre approved responses cannot be stated verbatum (see terms and condtions 8.1.3).....which if you notice is exacly the same as the first point in the contract.

Amazingly, EMAAR and it's contractees are so paranoid that anyone could find out what the final or current heights are (which would allow for accurate estimating the final height) that all members are contractually obliged to refer all answers to the PR department....if they can't lie or remember their lines!
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote