daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 27th, 2007, 07:48 AM   #4621
iMike

Likes (Received): 0

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on fellas stop this shit. Text message each other and argue. Leave this space for Burj Dubai discussion.

Damn i'm aching for a fresh picture of BD, anyone got something?
iMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:50 AM   #4622
MetalliTooL

Likes (Received): 20

^ Don't get me into this. I posted something relevant to the discussion. It's Sky Tower that started all this crap that has nothing to do with this.
MetalliTooL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:50 AM   #4623
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenico View Post
Its Friday afternoon here and let me say both of you, Sky Tower and Metalli, are proving highly entertaining!!
We are actually the best of friends really Domen....we're just glad of the forum page hits today!

I'm offski to bedski now....it's now ten to six in the morning my time!

17 brand new PDF's going on the site when I awake!

Jeshemash!!!
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:52 AM   #4624
MetalliTooL

^ I'd like you to answer the question at the end of post #4620.

Also, I just read the my quotes from other forums that you posted to lower my reputation or embarrass me, but they're not even offensive in any way...
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:55 AM   #4625
iMike

How far is Burj Dubai from the shore? in Miles if possible.

p.s. MetalliTool, where abouts in NJ? My parents live in Clifton.
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #4626
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

Metalli - - Sky
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:01 AM   #4627
MetalliTooL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMike View Post
How far is Burj Dubai from the shore? in Miles if possible.
2 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMike View Post
p.s. MetalliTool, where abouts in NJ? My parents live in Clifton.
In West Orange. Used to live in Bloomfield up until a couple of years ago, which is like 10 minutes from Clifton.
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:07 AM   #4628
walli
BANNED

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by twickline View Post
From my history books the Egyptian pyramids were not built by slaves. The workers actually wanted to build them as service to there Pharaoh.

Maybe this crack-pot author needs another analogy to go with her incorrect figures!
I guess Burj Dubai is therefore a worse example than the pyramids. Of course, some of the textbooks in the US, the earth was created just recently, and man lived with dinosaurs

Quite a shame that such a major project will have this always connected to it!
walli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #4629
MetalliTooL

Why must you shove something about the US in your every post, even when it has nothing to do with it?
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #4630
iMike

Great thanks. yeah i know exactly where that is.. West Orange Manor is great, been there a few times for several occasions.

This might have been mentioned before in this forum....

1.) Why are they going to stop the concrete at a certain level and build a steel structure on top of it?

2.) Is it because the spire needs steel to support it up top?

3.) what will be in the steel structure? some posts say the top floor is at the end of the concrete level. so is the steel and spire just to accomplish the height needed or will it be used as office/residential?

Thanks guys, im sure this has been talked about but there are thousands of posts here. not easy to find the correct page.

Last edited by iMike; July 27th, 2007 at 08:23 AM.
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:15 AM   #4631
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

A couple from blogs - this photog needs to clean his lens - nice shots though.

07 07 26

Enjoy - No response to my earlier shots of the blueprints ?

Old July 27th, 2007, 08:15 AM   #4632
walli
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalliTooL View Post
The US is not even close to having the record for the most debt (per person or per GDP).
The US is WAYYYY ahead on debt - it is indeed the world leader in debt! I never said per person or per GDP.

Here is the CIA world factbook ranking of the national debt of countries - US is number 1 according to the CIA!

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2079rank.html

United States Congressional Record - March 17, 1993 - Vol. #33, page H-1303 - Speaker- Rep. James Traficant, Jr. (Ohio) addressing the House:

"Mr. Speaker, we are here now in chapter 11. Members of Congress are official trustees presiding over the greatest reorganization of any Bankrupt entity in world history, the U.S. Government."

The amazing this it, unfortunately, the US has been sinking way further over the last few years!
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:23 AM   #4633
walli
BANNED

Quote:
Why must you shove something about the US in your every post, even when it has nothing to do with it?
I guess it started with that article about the US fella wanting to take back the title of 'tallest in the world'. Anyway, you're right. Back to the beast!
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #4634
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Metallitool, I wouldn't spend much time arguing with Skytower if I were you. People just get pissed at you for taking the discussion off topic regardless of who starts it. Anyone who has really been paying attention for the past few months knows what the facts are, besides both yours and his posts will almost certainly be gone the next time a mod visits the thread.
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:32 AM   #4635
MetalliTooL

Quote:
Originally Posted by walli View Post
The US is WAYYYY ahead on debt - it is indeed the world leader in debt! I never said per person or per GDP.
Well per capita and per GDP are the only numbers that are valid. It's irrelevant what the total debt is. A country with 300 million people will obviously have more debt than a country with 5 million people.
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:34 AM   #4636
walli
BANNED

Quote:
Well per capita and per GDP are the only numbers that are valid. It's irrelevant what the total debt is. A country with 300 million people will obviously have more debt than a country with 5 million people.
Not if the country is not in debt in the first place. With your logic, a country with 1 billion or 1.2 billion would have more debt than a country with 300 million, but I think the US has both India and China beat quite handily.

Of course, the other thing to consider is what the debt trajectory is. If you don't think it matters, just take a look at the performance of the US dollar over the last five years!
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:42 AM   #4637
MetalliTooL

^ I'm not planning to get into a big discussion about this. This isn't the place. All I'm saying is that people shouldn't spout off meaningless numbers as if they prove anything. Using your logic, Luxembourg is a pour country because it's 65th on the list (behind such countries as Kazakhstan and Libya). In reality, its people are the RICHEST in the world. It's low on the list because it has a small population. The total GDP says nothing about a country's prosperity unless you divide that number by population, just like total debt number says nothing about how far in debt a country is.
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:56 AM   #4638
jaja3000jaja
Masters Student

Likes (Received): 3

I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask what a PDF is. Sure sure, laugh it up.
jaja3000jaja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #4639
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10230

imike- the concrete structure will stop at lev156 or 586m. This was agreed upon due to concrete pump limit. The steel framed upper section will have approx 30 floors but unhabitable.The spire section starts from approx 675m level.
Obviously the steel is a light weight structure compared to concrete, and is a good alternate as material for the tower as it rises skywards.
lev160 will have LMRs and dampers etc.Some of the levels above 160 will house communications and store, plant mech ect.
cheers
Old July 27th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #4640
MetalliTooL