daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:16 PM   #5081
James R. Hawkwood
Imperator

Likes (Received): 7

Well vanherrik Bin Ladens family owns a construction company who is currently building the 579 +- Meter tall building in Mecca.

Bin Laden was kicked out a few years a go because off his terroristical ideas and actions and isnt anymore a co owner off the Bin Laden group.

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:19 PM   #5082
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3399

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
I don't understand this.
There is a big amount of space around the Burj Dubai. The streets should be underground.
I like the area surrounding the Eifel Tower. That area fits the Eifel Tower. You can walk around it and no cars are coming as close to the Eifel Tower as there will come to the Burj Dubai.
That`s just my opinion. I hope you understand now what i wanted to say.

Tom_Green está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:56 PM   #5083
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Martin, there is big amount of space around every landmark tower or monument and unlike Eifel Tower, this is a building afterall and vehicles have to access it however why you have the idea that everyone could just drive there? The building is not in the main road (for safety reason I would think) and all the three entrances, including that of the hotel, will have restricted car access. I don't see any difference from other Dubai's landmark hotels or towers.

The area around will be landscaped and judging by the work they do in highway interchanges, this will be nothing short of extraordinary.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:00 PM   #5084
european

Likes (Received): 25

Burj Dubai is currently 521.7 meters and 143 floors.
european no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:02 PM   #5085
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Alloy View Post
http://www.imresolt.com/

http://www.imresphotos.com/

http://www.imresdubaiphotos.com/

http://www.dubaiimre.com/

All available. It'd be great to have a database-like site for his BD and other Dubai photos. Especially for me, since for some reason the Image Shack embed code doesn't work for me, and I have to hit reply to his image posts and copy and paste all of the URLs into a different tab!

Edit: http://www.burjdubaiphotos.com/ is also available!
Imre already ownes TONS of domain names himself.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:30 PM   #5086
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3399

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
Martin, there is big amount of space around every landmark tower or monument and unlike Eifel Tower, this is a building afterall and vehicles have to access it however why you have the idea that everyone could just drive there? The building is not in the main road (for safety reason I would think) and all the three entrances, including that of the hotel, will have restricted car access. I don't see any difference from other Dubai's landmark hotels or towers.

The area around will be landscaped and judging by the work they do in highway interchanges, this will be nothing short of extraordinary.
I wish for such an area around the Burj Dubai.

It`s perfect for pedestrians. The Burj Dubai should have an underground connection to the main road.
I think the Emirates Office tower also don`t have a direct road connection.

Tom_Green está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:08 PM   #5087
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10124

Quote:
Originally Posted by european View Post
Burj Dubai is currently 521.7 meters and 143 floors.
damn, i ve already drawn up todays diagram at lev142/518m. oh well thats sounds accurate as next floor was another 4m or so.
so just under 522m . wow!!
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:25 PM   #5088
vanhenrik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
damn, i ve already drawn up todays diagram at lev142/518m. oh well thats sounds accurate as next floor was another 4m or so.
so just under 522m . wow!!
were is the updated diagram ?
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:27 PM   #5089
CULWULLA

diagram here>
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=506579
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:56 PM   #5090
vanhenrik
BANNED

thanks
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:04 PM   #5091
vanhenrik
BANNED

Construction Updates

July 29th 2007 - Level 143 - Height 529.53m - Now the tallest highrise building in the world!

akording to http://www.dubaimegaprojects.com/ = SkyTower

thats menns it is 57 m left of the concrete strukture to be bult !
end it i 289 m left to buld

but thanks for the work of the diagram

Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:41 PM   #5092
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
I dont know, I have nothing gambling there.
I put pics in the imageshack because that site is very fast , 1 pic upload only 3-5 sec.
Anyway , imageshack is not my sponsor, sometimes I use the tinypic as well.
Imre, 3-5 seconds is an absolute age...especially loading a page full of pics.
If you have a domain name you'd like me to host for you. You'd be able to load 1000 pictures in half a second?
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:47 PM   #5093
Sky Tower
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Alloy View Post
http://www.imresolt.com/

http://www.imresphotos.com/

http://www.imresdubaiphotos.com/

http://www.dubaiimre.com/

All available. It'd be great to have a database-like site for his BD and other Dubai photos. Especially for me, since for some reason the Image Shack embed code doesn't work for me, and I have to hit reply to his image posts and copy and paste all of the URLs into a different tab!

Edit: http://www.burjdubaiphotos.com/ is also available!
All great.....don't think Bikes would be too happy about the last one though.....
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:05 PM   #5094
CULWULLA

venhenrick- official current height is lev143 or 521.7m. I think if you take height from rear or base slab its 145floors or 536m.?
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:07 PM   #5095
european

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhenrik View Post
July 29th 2007 - Level 143 - Height 529.53m - Now the tallest highrise building in the world!

akording to http://www.dubaimegaprojects.com/ = SkyTower

thats menns it is 57 m left of the concrete strukture to be bult !
end it i 289 m left to buld

but thanks for the work of the diagram

its already 143 floors=521.7 meters. So get your facts right m8.
european no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:13 PM   #5096
vanhenrik
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by european View Post
its already 143 floors=521.7 meters. So get your facts right m8.
say that to Sky Tower it is his webpage that sas July 29th 2007 - Level 143 - Height 529.53m - Now the tallest highrise building in the world!
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:25 PM   #5097
Skymyhusband
French dwarf

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Tower View Post
You'd be able to load 1000 pictures in half a second?

2000 pics/sec @ average size of 250Ko = 500Mo/s

Yes, that's what we can call a BROOOOOAAAAADband That's almost memory speed , 20 times faster than average modern HDD speed

The hacker is hacking his own mind

Edit: And no changes for Imre who's uploading from his own machine at its normal rate
You may tell anything you want about BD, but please, avoid the same about computing.

Ok back to topic

Last edited by Skymyhusband; August 3rd, 2007 at 05:36 PM.
Skymyhusband no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:58 PM   #5098
Zaki
Joi Bangla

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endimion17 View Post
So what if it's a big building? If we were discussing space, would that give you right to post 1 meter per pixel photos of Martian cliffs?
Not everyone on this planet has a 200k connection. Some have, but don't have the flatrate option. I've got 1.5 Mbps, but not flatrate, which is a pain in the ass. I've got to rely on speed-reduction software, addblocking and/or pressing Esc like a lunatic, just to keep my costs as low as possible.
The Internet seems great when you live in an area where cheap extreme speeds together with flatrate are common thing, but those areas are not widespread. The planet is not one giant western city.
I'm not stuck in 1995, excited about downloading MIDI files, but thumbnails are a matter of politeness.
Thumbnail usage gives people the choice. It is the best thing to do cause it's democratic, and we're on the Internet, which is supposed to be free.
Whether you just link huge files, or post them in IMG tags, you leave the folks without a choice.
I hope you guys continue posting large pics, I really appreciate it. It sucks to have to click on links to see pics.

And really Endimion, you talk about netiquette, proper netiquette is, if you have a shit internet connection, can't afford bandwidth, or have a shit computer, don't go to picture threads. What right do you have to expect other people to lower their internet experience just cause you yourself can't experience it. All construction threads here are picture threads and if you can't see pictures, don't come here, but don't expect others to suffer crap just cause you yourself can't afford it. Thats just selfish.
Zaki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:59 PM   #5099
Sky Tower
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymyhusband View Post

2000 pics/sec @ average size of 250Ko = 500Mo/s

Yes, that's what we can call a BROOOOOAAAAADband That's almost memory speed , 20 times faster than average modern HDD speed

The hacker is hacking his own mind

Edit: And no changes for Imre who's uploading from his own machine at its normal rate
You may tell anything you want about BD, but please, avoid the same about computing.

Ok back to topic
You seem to forget that I own the biggest and most high tech web hosting company in the UK. I'm transfering an average of 600Tb of data per HOUR!
My slowest, oldest servers still have unlimited fiber op data pipes that I've detuned to JUST kick out 800Mb per sec with the slowest memory speed of 10.6Gb/s...then multiply that by 4 for my older DDR3 type server RAM.

I've been using SATA6 now for over 4 years.....thats 6GB/s HDD transfer! With load balancing I can achieve up to 24GB/s internal transfer rate.

All of my servers are load balanced and the smallest load balanced configuration is 6x servers in tandem....although my new systems run in 60x load balanced tandems.

Do the math....what I was trying to point out in comparison is that my servers will always supply futureproof speeds that will exceed most PC's specs.....hence why it's the biggest hosting company in the UK.

So keep on laughing....I am.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 06:16 PM   #5100
Endimion17

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
I hope you guys continue posting large pics, I really appreciate it. It sucks to have to click on links to see pics.

And really Endimion, you talk about netiquette, proper netiquette is, if you have a shit internet connection, can't afford bandwidth, or have a shit computer, don't go to picture threads. What right do you have to expect other people to lower their internet experience just cause you yourself can't experience it. All construction threads here are picture threads and if you can't see pictures, don't come here, but don't expect others to suffer crap just cause you yourself can't afford it. Thats just selfish.
OMG I can't believe what kind of people come here. This is just ... LOL.
All hail to the mighty Zaki and his powerfull computer. Down with 99.99% of the planet with imperfect, shitty computers and internet connections without flatrate!
You almost got me. I wanted to mention one particular kind of bastards from WW2, but I won't, because I don't want to fall under the Godwin's law...

on topic:
so, are there any plans for a timelapse animation? why is everyone quiet about this? simple "no" would be sufficient.