daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:34 AM   #5961
Krattle

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhenrik View Post
way are pepole deliting pictures so it sems like that i just post ? or is it that the server is owerloading ?
ure pitkurces are have delighted coos you have put kradit not of whom teken them. our sever is owerlading maby two
Krattle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:36 AM   #5962
Adan

Likes (Received): 1

Wow, looks great
When is the building be finished?
Adan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:36 AM   #5963
Mr. Alloy
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2

Excellent, Fury! I'm going to put together a slide show, and I'll try to size them appropriately so we can see it grow.

Edit: Okay, I made a quick time-lapse video with it. Is there someone that can host the video file for me? PM me with your email address.

(Or Dec. 30, 2008. Whatev.)

Guess the final height of the Burj Dubai and get a shiny plaque!

Last edited by Mr. Alloy; August 23rd, 2007 at 05:14 AM.
Mr. Alloy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:48 AM   #5964
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Wow, looks great
When is the building be finished?
next tuesday at 2pm!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:06 AM   #5965
idkblk
-InQontrol-

Can one of you guys tell me these dimensions?

idkblk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:13 AM   #5966
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Here is my plan comparison.

Here is a comparison of the original elevation plan drawing with a pic taken April 20 '07. I have lined up the pics as best I could with my limited Photoshop skills. The pics are not stretched in any way, just sized so that the levels line up. They do line up nicely, but we can see where the pics meet. There is 5 pics I lined up for this comparison as best I could.
Clearly the level heights match up between the drawing and the pictures almost perfectly showing how the structure is following the drawing exactly up to level 111. If we look at the picture we can see the builders have marked every 5 levels just to the right of the center of the core. The tiny white markers are in between the two worker elevator masts. Many close up pics show these with the numbers clearly.
Starting from the bottom, the level 5 marker is partly hidden by the rebar for the metro pylon. It is even with the top of the rebar, on the right side. As we can see by the drawing ( and by many early pics ) level 5 is 9 1/2 levels above the foundation raft. There is a 1/2 height, non-habitable level between the lowest level in the drawing and the raft. Also the Concourse level is almost double height with the ground level above that and level 1 above that. Also the top level of every Tier is slightly higher than normal both on the drawing and the pics. The top level of tier 0 is level 18, tier 1 is level 25, tier 2 is level 33, and so on.
If we count the levels between the markers on both the pic and the drawing, they correspond exactly. Marker and level 20 is above the first set of mechanical levels. They don't count any as double levels yet. Continue up to marker 45 and we see they have counted a double level ( or "skipped" a level ). It is level 41 that is missing. We can see that level 40 marker is the tallest level of the second set of mechanical levels and there is only 4 levels to marker 45. Again this matches the drawing.
Continuing up we see a worker elevator on level 58. Between marker 70 and 75 they have counted another double level. It is level 74 that is missing, level 73 is the tallest of the third set of mechanical levels. The highest marker placed so far is level 90. Counting up we see the slightly higher than normal level 98, which is the top level of tier 8. 107 is the last normal height level before the fourth mechanical levels. The top level of tier 9 is level 111 so they will have to count 1 double level to get that number, level 110 is missing. This is a change from the drawing and is probably due to the revised placement of the observation deck.

The original elevation drawing has been deviated from after level 111. We start seeing the re-design(s) now, beginning at level 112 as I believe the drawing is the 705 meter design because of the way tier 18 ends flat, with a smaller spire continuing up. The newer 818 ( or taller) meter design continues with the spiralling setbacks through to tier 30.

Enjoy.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:13 AM   #5967
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
next tuesday at 2pm!
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:20 AM   #5968
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10214

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkblk View Post
Can one of you guys tell me these dimensions?

x = 93m
y= 53m.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:02 AM   #5969
Daguy

Likes (Received): 0

Has anyone speculated on how long a tower like the burj will be stable for? What is the predicted life expectancy of the tower?
Daguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:17 AM   #5970
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Here is a tier - level analysis.

Here I will explain the tier methodology of the Burj Dubai.

Tier 30, 29, 28, and 27 is the pinnacle and is symetrical. The first level ( not actually a level, but I will use this term as it will be applicable for the lower tiers ) has tier 26 terrace before rising up. The terrace is the "roof" of the "wing" below.
Tier 30 is pinnacle 4.
Tier 29 is pinnacle 3.
Tier 28 is pinnacle 2.
Tier 27 is pinnacle 1.

Tier 26 - spire level 5, begins with tier 25 terrace then rises up with 1 wing added to the pinnacle.
Tier 25 - spire level 4, begins with tier 24 terrace then rises up with 2 wings.
Tier 24 - spire level 3, begins with tier 23 terrace then rises up symetrically with 3 wings.
Tier 23 - spire level 2, begins with tier 22 terrace then rises up with 1 wing added.
Tier 22 - spire level 1/roof 4, begins with tier 21 terrace then rises up with 2 wings.
Tier 21 - roof 3, begins with tier 20 terrace then rises up symetrically with 3 wings.
Tiers 20, 19, and 18 continue the trend with adding 1, 2, and 3 wings respectfully. All begin with their first level including the terrace of the wing from the tier below. So tier 18 is symetrical with 3 wings.
Tier 20 is roof 2.
Tier 19 is roof 1.
Tier 18 begins with level 160 Mezz.

Tiers 17, 16, and 15 continue the same trend with tier 15 being symetrical with 3 wings.
Tier 17 begins at level 159 and ends at 160 Intermediate.
Tier 16 begins at level 156 and ends at 158.
Tier 15 begins at level 152 and ends at 155.
Tiers 14, 13, and 12 continue with adding 1, 2, and 3 wings respectfully and all begin their first level with a terrace of the wing from the tier below. Tier 12 is symetrical and is the first tier that is only the inner core with 3 meter wings.
Tier 14 begins at level 148 and ends at 151.
Tier 13 begins at level 144 and ends at 147.
Tier 12 begins including the terrace that is the roof of the last setback of the South wing at level 139 then ends at level 143.

Tier 11 begins including the terrace of the last setback of the mall facing wing at level 124 then ends at level 138.
Tier 10 begins including the terrace of the last setback of the SZR facing wing at level 112 then ends at level 123.
Tier 9 starts at level 99 including the terrace from setback 3 of the South facing wing then ends at level 111. This tier is symetrical with three 9 meter wings.

Tier 8 starts at level 87 + terrace of setback 3 of the mall wing, then ends at 98.
Tier 7 starts at level 76 + terrace of setback 3 of the SZR wing, then ends at 86.
Tier 6 starts at level 64 + terrace of setback 2 of the south wing, then ends at 75. This tier is symetrical with three 18 meter wings.

Tier 5 starts at level 53 + terrace of setback 2 of the mall wing, then ends at 63.
Tier 4 starts at level 43 + terrace of setback 2 of the SZR wing, then ends at 52.
Tier 3 starts at level 34 + terrace of setback 1 of the south wing, then ends at 42. This tier is symetrical with three 27 meter wings.

Tier 2 starts at level 26 + terrace of setback 1 of the mall wing, then ends at 33.
Tier 1 starts at level 19 + terrace of setback 1 of the SZR wing, then ends at 25.
Tier 0 starts at level 7 + a terrace of podium 3 of all 3 wings, then ends at 18. This tier is symetrical with three 36 meter wings and is the same size as the foundation raft.

Podium 3 starts at level 5, includes a terrace from podium 2 on all 3 wings then ends at level 6.
Podium 2 starts at level 3, includes a terrace from podium 1 on all 3 wings then ends at level 4.
Podium 1 starts at the Ground level then ends at level 2.

The lower levels start at the uninhabitable Raft level, then levels B2, B1, then ends at the Concourse level.

Here is something I cooked up from a while ago.

Here is my new Burj Analysis.

Bikes - I am honored you have my analysis from May on your site. You might want to update it with this one. There was some small errors on the one from May and this one includes more info. ( some credit would be nice but this is in the public domain so it is up to you bud ) The level heights and pour times and pour steps for tiers 10 to 13 are extrapolated from the source info and from pics.

I will post these thumbs to show source. Click on them to see full size. The first 3 are source to level 111. The last 4 are source from tier 14 and up.

Ok - Here is the analysis.

Enjoy and have a good day all.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:35 AM   #5971
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 29119

Thanks for sharing all this information.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:55 AM   #5972
sdtj
-°- America's Finest -°-

Likes (Received): 57

Great information and details..

El peor enemigo de la verdad no es la mentira, sino la estupidez.
Lo tengo todo, por no querer mas nada..
sdtj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:47 AM   #5973
BlackSmith!
Peace sells...

Likes (Received): 6

Great great contributions Fury! Many thanks for sharing this with us
The remaining floors until 154 are 4.80meters high and they are pouring each floor in two steps of 2.40m, because maximum pouring height is only 4m. So one floor takes 5-6 days to construct.

BTW: At 150 floors high it will be 555.3 meters high, thus 2 meters higher than CN Tower and at 160 mezzanine floor it would surpass the KVLY TV mast with 630 meters

Last edited by BlackSmith!; August 23rd, 2007 at 10:56 AM.
BlackSmith! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:54 AM   #5974
austinsteev1

Yes, I totally agree!! Outstanding information!!!! Best I have seen yet! By any chance can you get the detail for the warning becon light at the very tip of the pinnacle?
austinsteev1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:56 AM   #5975
suzan
Que puedo decir?

Likes (Received): 1

I wonder if the cranes are safe? How the hell are they working with something so tall!!!!! Can it fall? That's scary
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:51 AM   #5976
peter_panti

Wow, it's very tall! it's built by high technology.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:12 PM   #5977
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18129

Tour of world's tallest building in Dubai a scam: report

DUBAI, Aug 22, 2007 (AFP) - An online scam is charging around 350 dollars for non-existent tours to the top of the world's tallest building in the booming Gulf emirate of Dubai, the 7Days newspaper reported on Wednesday.

The English language daily said a trader on a local Internet auction website was offering three-hour tours of Burj Dubai, which is expected to be completed next year and now surpasses Taiwan's Taipei 101 which is 508 metres (1,667 feet) tall, and has 141 storeys.

Burj Dubai developers Emaar told the paper it had not sanctioned the tours.

"Emaar has not sanctioned any public or for profit tours and we strongly advise members of the public not to subscribe to such claims," a spokesman said.

Emaar officials have said the skyscraper, which will have cost one billion dollars by the time it is completed at the end of 2008, will be more than 700 metres (2,296 feet) tall and have more than 160 storeys.

Western-orientated Dubai, which is one of seven emirates that makes up the UAE, is racing to position itself as a business and leisure hub.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:53 PM   #5978
Ekumenopolis
Neon overdose

Likes (Received): 2969

Its funny, a lot of people who doesnt even know where UAE is, tells me lately "hey, ive seen Dubai -wherever it is- in the press, theyre building a lot of impressive things there.. did u hear something??" xDD

Now THAT IS info about a building, Fury.
Ecumenopolis: "The city of the future, covering most of the habitable surface of the Earth as a continuous system, forming an universal settlement, the limits determined by climatic constraints and the extent of fairly flat land."
Ekumenopolis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:54 PM   #5979
MangePB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhenrik View Post
baisekley they make the workers work for free ! they take a lone up to 1600 us dollars then it take 320 days to pay them back whitout gettng eney thing to them self just paying of the lones so baisekley it takes them 5 years to pay them back for just be aloud to work so baisekley they work for free 5 years end after 5 years its time to get home ! end whit no income at all from the job ! in sweden we have 85 us dollars/day but then it is taxis on that so 56 - 60 us dollars / day ! 25 000:- - 35 000:- swedich crouns is the income / month ! for aprox the saim work but in sweden we das not have the living conditons as in dubai like 45 - 55 c
Yeah, you can only begin to imagine how lucrative the taxi businesses are in Sweden!
MangePB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 03:12 PM   #5980
idkblk
-InQontrol-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
x = 93m
y= 53m.
Thank you!!!
idkblk no está en línea   Reply With Quote