daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 31st, 2007, 12:37 AM   #6301
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6533

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie88 View Post
do you think this thread will get to 1 million views?

its almost there

of course it will
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2007, 12:48 AM   #6302
Jackie003
OK Blue Jays!

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Alloy View Post
Whooooaaa.... That was an uneducated attempt at a blow.

By the way, is your avatar the CN Tower getting screwed by another building? It's not the Burj, is it!?
Son, uneducated is "LOL @ CN". It's not a laughing matter, its an amazing moment. And in the avatar picture, the CN tower is beating the shiat out of the Seattle Space Needle on the Conan O'Brien show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
LOL! Jackie003 sounds jealous just because his precious CN Tower won't be the tallest anymore.
Not jealous at all, if you could open your eyes and read, you would see that I think that the Burj is an amazing milestone. So calm down slapnuts, back then the record was an amazing feat which stood for 30 plus years and the new one (Burj) will be broken also because we are in a "HEIGHT RACE", something we haven't seen since the 30's of New York.

Toronto: Hockey Capital, Universe.
Jackie003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 02:07 AM   #6303
Dubai Spacescraper

Likes (Received): 1

My dads e-mail from honeywell.

HBS to be Part of ‘History Rising’ with Burj Dubai Tower Project

Honeywell Building Solutions Middle East has won a $3.8 million order for the supply of building management systems and fire detection and alarm systems for the Burj Dubai Tower, part of a Burj Dubai district that comprises, the Dubai Mall, The Residences, The Old Town and Boulevard.

[IMG]http://i11.************/6fskltw.jpg[/IMG]

The Fire Alarm System consists of 21 Nos. of XLS3000 Panels combined with DVC and Eclipse Series Detectors and Modules. With more than 15,000 detection points this is one of the largest Eclipse projects in the world. The Eclipse series of detectors is a peer-to-peer all digital protocol that allows for numerous applications such as fire, security, access, HVAC Control. It provides faster device response time and is more resilient to other types of systems because of its significantly high noise immunity. Eclipse turns every networked device into a peer, capable of generating messages readable by the entire system and with no special communication cable required.

The Honeywell Building Management System consists of a combination of XL WEB / XL5000 DDC Controllers / XL10 FCUs and VAV Controllers to control the HVAC System. A Honeywell Enterprise Buildings Integrator (EBI) serves as the front end and will serve as an interface with third party systems. Being an open end system, the Excel Web protects the users’ long term investment in their physical building structure. Its capacity for innovative energy management also provides a buffer against uncertain energy costs. Given its ability to utilize two of the most important open standards in the building industry; BACnet and LonWorks, it is the ideal choice for Building Operation Managers who prefer vendor independent solutions.

In all, 35,000 people will populate this tower, which will comprise a hotel, private apartments and office space. The centre piece of the tower will be an haute couture Giorgio Armani Hotel in the first 37 floors. Floors 45 through 108 will have private apartments while the rest of the floors will have corporate offices and suites. There will also be recreational facilities and entertainment venues including four luxurious pools and a cigar club, a library, exclusive residents' lounge, serviced residences and 15,000 sq ft of fitness facilities.

Dubai Spacescraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 02:24 AM   #6304
MetalliTooL

Likes (Received): 20

Did anyone else notice how much the reflective cladding helps accentuate the building's curves? Compare the areas in red and green squares in the picture below. The uncladded area looks flat from this angle. You can't even tell that there are "waves" in the wings. Imagine when the cladding is complete, and all the details of the building stand out. It'll be awesome.

MetalliTooL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 03:02 AM   #6305
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

Very good point, its going to look insane!
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 03:40 AM   #6306
44p
build the NWTC

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalliTooL View Post
Did anyone else notice how much the reflective cladding helps accentuate the building's curves? Compare the areas in red and green squares in the picture below. The uncladded area looks flat from this angle. You can't even tell that there are "waves" in the wings. Imagine when the cladding is complete, and all the details of the building stand out. It'll be awesome.

your right!
44p no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 03:54 AM   #6307
vanhenrik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 126

this was a while a go !

das som one have the philing photos of this ?

Last edited by vanhenrik; August 31st, 2007 at 04:11 AM.
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 04:43 AM   #6308
MetalliTooL

Likes (Received): 20

Dude, we've seen that pic like 20394723 times already.
MetalliTooL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:08 AM   #6309
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10146

maybe skytower might know this but is the height of Burj Dubai taken from the top of that slab?
thats where i would take its height as thats where the bldg actually starts.
if it doesnt start at the base level where does it commence?
from 2 1/2 levels higher where main entrance is?
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:20 AM   #6310
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
maybe skytower might know this but is the height of Burj Dubai taken from the top of that slab?
You wouldn't want to count basement floors. In that picture it looks like that is the base, but the land will be built back up around it so the first floors become basement floors. Consider the Princess Tower as comparison. You certainly wouldn't want to count the seven or so basement floors in the height because they are underground. Eventually, the first floors of Burj Dubai will also be underground.

Anyway that's how I understand it. I'm sure someone *cough* Skytower *cough* will be along to tell me that I'm wrong and/or stupid.
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:33 AM   #6311
walli
BANNED

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
You wouldn't want to count basement floors. In that picture it looks like that is the base, but the land will be built back up around it so the first floors become basement floors. Consider the Princess Tower as comparison. You certainly wouldn't want to count the seven or so basement floors in the height because they are underground. Eventually, the first floors of Burj Dubai will also be underground.

Anyway that's how I understand it. I'm sure someone *cough* Skytower *cough* will be along to tell me that I'm wrong and/or stupid.
Yeah - absolutely. Most buildings have basements / underground parking now-a-days. No one counts those. If you counted underground construction, there would be many water wells only 5' out of the ground that would count as 500' each! A perhaps silly example, but drives the point home.
walli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:53 AM   #6312
beyond 1000
BANNED

Likes (Received): 74

Skytower runs several companies and has huge expertise in the Burj Dubai along with many other projects in the region, has contrubuted to this forum greatly just like Culwulla and Imre have and people here trash the guy like he is a nobody. I for one like to take this opportunity to THANK Skytower for all his contributions. I would also like to thank Culwulla for all the information he has given us.

Lotta fun, lotta fun
beyond 1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 10:30 AM   #6313
BlackSmith!
Peace sells...

Likes (Received): 6

As far as I know, height is taken from the concourse level. But I am not 100% sure.
BlackSmith! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 01:22 PM   #6314
Darkey

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
I think the Burj will be the first building that expresses the vertical lines as much as it can. I don't think there are many other buidlings that do so.
Darkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 03:01 PM   #6315
xlchris
Not much

Likes (Received): 201

Quote:
Dude, we've seen that pic like 20394723 times already.
Why do people always post thing of the past? Sometimes it's good but we have seen this to many times!
Old August 31st, 2007, 03:36 PM   #6316
nezzybaby
Look at my shiny ball

Likes (Received): 2858

wonhunrack likes to make every fifth post in this thread, most the time he has nothing new to post so brings up something very very old. Just ignore him
Old August 31st, 2007, 04:19 PM   #6317
Gattberserk
Smith

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban.kovac View Post
As far as I know, height is taken from the concourse level. But I am not 100% sure.
I'm sorry but wat does concourse level means?

Anyway from the plans, what does dismantle core means also? And i can't tell when is this monster is going to hit lvl 156 when the steel section starts

Kingdom Tower of Jeddah
Gattberserk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 06:08 PM   #6318
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Hey, your GPS is broken by the way.
Is it? 552.71m

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
No not all, the measurements are taken from L1 (Level above concourse...4.5 levels above this slab)

The height from this slab to the pinnacle of current construction is 567.91m

Quote:

You make me sound like I'm an Ogre! Sounds about right to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond 1000 View Post
Skytower runs several companies and has huge expertise in the Burj Dubai along with many other projects in the region, has contrubuted to this forum greatly just like Culwulla and Imre have and people here trash the guy like he is a nobody. I for one like to take this opportunity to THANK Skytower for all his contributions. I would also like to thank Culwulla for all the information he has given us.

Lotta fun, lotta fun
Do you take credit cards or do you just want cash again?

Love you too!
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 08:12 PM   #6319
Mr. Alloy
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Good point. That's a really clear photo! Do you have the original?

Also, nice to see Joobn back. Should we expect your daily updates again?

(Or Dec. 30, 2008. Whatev.)

Guess the final height of the Burj Dubai and get a shiny plaque!
Mr. Alloy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 08:37 PM   #6320
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 32

MetalliTooL's example is good. The reflections & hues of the glass give it more body and depth, whereas the empty floorplates are just that, empty.
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote