daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 16th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #6941
gt2437

Likes (Received): 0

how many floors are skipped?

In this pic from Imre, you can see 40 or 41 is clearly skipped (in the mechanical floors)

http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?i...esolt15ng0.jpg

Last edited by gt2437; September 16th, 2007 at 09:20 PM. Reason: pic
gt2437 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:40 PM   #6942
Cyman

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
we should have left the another thread for the pointless and useless posts ( like the Wind Bullshit thread in the Dubai section , http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=479998 )

I am going there soon and will post some pics after the Formula 1.
Yeah, it's a pity the thread is so overloaded with crap, non-sense and useless double and triple-posts, countless repetitive linked images and videos and it is really annoying that, by all respect, there are still people who after all the time cannot spell the easiest words and make no effort to improve their posts, to make them readable (without having to quote any names). At the same time, those people spend their time with uploading and linking the up-mentioned videos and images, but don't care a single second to spell-check and correct their posts.
Well, finally I was hesitating for a long time if I should say something about this, because I know that this is just another post that is not related to the topic and may cause further discussion, but it wasn't avoidable. Sorry!
I just think that criticism should, sometimes, be heard or thought about - especially when there are so many people complaining about these problems, but I guess that this thread is also intended to beat any record in size, the number of replies, views etc. - you can try to prove me wrong though - actions speak louder than words

Oh BTW, I liked the result of the F1 race this afternoon
Cyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #6943
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex537 View Post
Good point
WRONG.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #6944
Doomlord_uk

Likes (Received): 5

What determines the order in which they attach the glazing? I'm wondering why they have started at different levels. When the glazing is finished it will transform this building from a dark monolith into a shining spire.

Can anyone link any videos or images of plans for what the finished BD complex will look like please. I'm interested in the lake but also the other buildings. It will be good to have some idea of what it will all look like.

I'm also planning a trip to Dubai next September - I sure hope it's finished by then!
Doomlord_uk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:56 PM   #6945
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaM1981 View Post
Mechanical floor is a floor for all mechanical/electrical heavy equipment such as Pumps, Heat exchangers, boilers, Chillers, Air Handling Units, Transformers and control panel ... blah blah blah

It is for A/C of the builiding (Pumps for chilled water, Chillers of the water, Air handling unit to cool the air) and for installation of Fire Pumps to serve the Fire Fighting system and for Tanks and so on for Water Supply, Drainage (Plumbing system in general) etc...
This building will indeed be using district cooling (chillers) but the equipments will be in a separate buiding and not inside the tower itself.
I can cheat you blind.

Old September 16th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #6946
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomlord_uk View Post
What determines the order in which they attach the glazing? I'm wondering why they have started at different levels. When the glazing is finished it will transform this building from a dark monolith into a shining spire.

Can anyone link any videos or images of plans for what the finished BD complex will look like please. I'm interested in the lake but also the other buildings. It will be good to have some idea of what it will all look like.

I'm also planning a trip to Dubai next September - I sure hope it's finished by then!
They have started at different levels to recover the lost time, employing different working teams.

There are several pictures of the model of the entire complex, posted in this thread or other threads in the UAE section of the forum.
I can cheat you blind.

Old September 16th, 2007, 10:43 PM   #6947
beyond 1000
BANNED

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Boy View Post
Would you choose a random article and post it the way he did ? and who said i was offended .. i am just sick and tired of people randomly typing Dubai in google and spamming in threads unrelated to the subject ... and since you almost jumped me, im guessing your one of those people , please stop it ok ?
All right Dubai Boy. Your right. Didn't mean to jump all over you. Let's just stick to the BD. Your a good contributor to this thread.
beyond 1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:07 PM   #6948
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
This building will indeed be using district cooling (chillers) but the equipments will be in a separate buiding and not inside the tower itself.

something like this:

Palm District Cooling

http://www.palmdistrictcooling.com/

District Cooling is a reliable and convenient source of cooling energy for the end user.

Other advantages include:

Saving in electrical utility connection costs due to reduced electrical load of the building.
Saving in Capital Cost of Client’s building as space for chillers not required.
Monthly consumption cost is confined to consumption.
Noise, vibration and structure born sounds are removed.
Environmentally friendly

Palm District Cooling at the Jumeirah Lakes Towers

and on the Palm Jumeirah

Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #6949
twickline

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyman View Post
Yeah, it's a pity the thread is so overloaded with crap, non-sense and useless double and triple-posts, countless repetitive linked images and videos and it is really annoying that, by all respect, there are still people who after all the time cannot spell the easiest words and make no effort to improve their posts, to make them readable (without having to quote any names). At the same time, those people spend their time with uploading and linking the up-mentioned videos and images, but don't care a single second to spell-check and correct their posts.
Well, finally I was hesitating for a long time if I should say something about this, because I know that this is just another post that is not related to the topic and may cause further discussion, but it wasn't avoidable. Sorry!
I just think that criticism should, sometimes, be heard or thought about - especially when there are so many people complaining about these problems, but I guess that this thread is also intended to beat any record in size, the number of replies, views etc. - you can try to prove me wrong though - actions speak louder than words

Oh BTW, I liked the result of the F1 race this afternoon

WOW!

Your post is the pot calling the kettle black, you complain about people posting off topic and then you turn around and do it yourself. Its like bitching about being in traffic, your part of the traffic so your part of the problem.

I for one believe this is what makes life enjoyable...... where not all the same some people go by the book, while others do crazy crap. it keeps the forum from being stale and bland and every now and again I get a huge LOL out of a crack pot post.

-Tom
twickline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:26 PM   #6950
Gaeus
500-Internal Server Error

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos123 View Post
FINALLY this project is getting visually exciting to me!!! for a long time it looked like a sand castle....no more!!

Are those glass facades colors Navy Blue or the dusts just change the color? I thought the render looks like dark silver or something?
Gaeus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #6951
AltinD
The Modecator

The glass is REFLECTIVE silver. Since the (blue) sky is being reflected on the panels, obviously they'll appear blueish.
I can cheat you blind.

Old September 16th, 2007, 11:43 PM   #6952
Gaeus
500-Internal Server Error

Likes (Received): 87

Thanks
Gaeus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:47 PM   #6953
paul.c.martens

Likes (Received): 4

Havin' Fun, big kudos for Culwulla for the inspiration/facts.

paul.c.martens no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 12:16 AM   #6954
paul.c.martens

This looks interesting:
Compressed air storage? Are we having some nice fountains in the water?

Old September 17th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #6955
idkblk
-InQontrol-

Likes (Received): 2

I wonder... are there any really closeup shots of the cladding where you can see some details? Like these vertical piles on one side of a panel?
idkblk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 12:31 AM   #6956
Ember-To-Ashes

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.c.martens View Post
Havin' Fun, big kudos for Culwulla for the inspiration/facts.

the unfinished portion of the Burj dubai doesnt look right....
Ember-To-Ashes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 01:09 AM   #6957
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.c.martens View Post
This looks interesting:
Compressed air storage? Are we having some nice fountains in the water?
Of course we have. A huge one, complete with music, designed by the same guys who did the Bellagio in LV.
I can cheat you blind.

Old September 17th, 2007, 01:22 AM   #6958
paul.c.martens

Wet design, nice. Is it going to be bigger than Belaggio? That was a large (50 million US?) installation . . . knowing Dubai though, it could be larger.

Last edited by paul.c.martens; September 17th, 2007 at 01:34 AM.
Old September 17th, 2007, 02:03 AM   #6959
James R. Hawkwood
Imperator

Likes (Received): 7

Heh heh heh heh heh Imre nice job you are doing

Building isnt anymore the nude girl she was. She is now transforming into a fully clothed sexy lady!

Cheers Imre!
Old September 17th, 2007, 02:39 AM   #6960
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10146

great diagram paulmartens.do me out of a job.lol
my boss has just returned from Dubai. he got me a Burj Dubai cap and small gold model.lol
he couldnt believe how no one really knew about Burj Dubai. also they didnt realise it was going to be worlds tallest. they just knew stuff about A burj arab hotel.

image hosted on flickr