daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM   #7301
Escoto_Dubai2008
Dubai, 21st Century City

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croat View Post
Huh! Where is that?!
I really hope Burj Dubai won't experience destiny of Hindenburg, Titanic, Kursk, Babylon Tower, or other famous miracles...
I'm totally agree with you.

Mis Blogs

!Somos seres humanos,....! !Nuestras vidas tienen valor!
Escoto_Dubai2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #7302
twickline

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
ill update this tommorrow. the core is now at tier15 or lev152/565m
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1...ionbestpf2.jpg
Cool!
twickline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #7303
sampras
V

Likes (Received): 1

not only the place of this crack is important, but size also. it's quote hard to examine how big is that. once we know where it is we can start (or stop) worry about that. but if what Dubai_boy is saying about emaar is truth....

[ Art 54 ust. 1 KRP "Każdemu zapewnia się wolność wyrażania swoich poglądów oraz pozyskiwania i rozpowszechniania informacji." ]

software is like sex - it is much better when it is free

sampras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #7304
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 930

this tower is really huge and is a great feat of human ingenuity... but in my opinion, it is not as beautiful to look at as I find the Petronas twins... that's just my opinion...

uhmm.. anyways, how long do you think it will take this tower to evacuate the whole building in the event of fire or earthquake?....

or how long would it take a person to travel from ground to the upper floors.. how many elevators will it have... I assume they have high-speed elevators and possibly double deck elevators like Taipei 101 and the Petronas have.. right?
pau_p1 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #7305
Gattberserk
Smith

Likes (Received): 17

At Lv151 its already twice the height of the tallest building in my country (Highest is 280.1m OUB, UOB and Republic plaza).

Quote:
well going from latest stuff.
2.155mezz is last concrete floor. or 586m.
L155 should be 579.3m.

Anyway its very interesting to see the change in BD height plan. Guys since L152 is complete can anyone please check if there is any core setback at L152. If there isn't mean the height has really been increased, if there is core setback mean height remain same, or at most concrete portion is higher only but still likely 818m design

If it does increased to L159 as the last floor of concrete, I was estimating that concrete section will be 604.9m high. Mezz floors might be shifted up from 155 to 158. This is not impossible, seem according to the pattern of the core setback on which floors, now its like 4 floors or 19.2m pattern. Now last Tier 15 is only lengthen to twice the orginial height from 19.2 to 38.4 only.

If everything increased accordingly, BD will at least be 837m tall.

HOWEVER

What I suspect was if T15 has been lenghten to twice the height, I was thinking of possible lenghten in every Tier from 15 onward, being the total height to at least 192m taller. That will be like... WTF????

1011m doesn't seem like a bullshit in any way at all.

Kingdom Tower of Jeddah
Gattberserk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 05:16 PM   #7306
twickline

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau_p1 View Post
this tower is really huge and is a great feat of human ingenuity... but in my opinion, it is not as beautiful to look at as I find the Petronas twins... that's just my opinion...

uhmm.. anyways, how long do you think it will take this tower to evacuate the whole building in the event of fire or earthquake?....

or how long would it take a person to travel from ground to the upper floors.. how many elevators will it have... I assume they have high-speed elevators and possibly double deck elevators like Taipei 101 and the Petronas have.. right?
1) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
2) im not sure
3) Otis will supply and install 58 elevators and eight escalators. Among the elevators are 20 Gen2 machine-roomless units, featuring Otis’ unique coated-steel, flat-belt technology, and two double-deck units, which will service Burj’s observation deck. The double-deck elevators, capable of accommodating 23 persons on each deck, will have the world’s highest rise and longest travel distance, and be among the world’s fastest at 10 meters per second (more than 20 mph).

http://www.otis.com/news/newsdetail/...4_RES1,00.html

Google is your friend!
twickline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #7307
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10124

im quite happy if Burj Dubai reaches original height of 705m. That is taller then any structure atm and 200m higher then current tallest skyscraper-taipei101.
It would be great if it does reach 818m. that would be bonus. It doesnt have to prove anything or beat any other contenders at this extreme height.So thats why i dont know why you would go higher. It will look silly if spire is extended higher then it should be. being proportionate is optimum.
Old September 24th, 2007, 05:43 PM   #7308
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Boy View Post

ok jokes aside, They might say Dubai has 1.5 million people living there but thats a lie , its no more than 90,000 actually , the rest are workers that live 200 kilometers away in Abu Dhabi , the capital ........ of the 12,987 towers ranging from 5 - 70+ floors , the occupancy rate is never more than 12 - 15% ONLY !!! most are empty apartments collecting dust and go for cheap prices ..... rich people come now and buy over 200 apartments for something as low as 10 million US $ and start renting them out , but even then they lose alot since they are too over priced for any of the workers to afford ........ for only 3 weeks of the year , when its not 50 degrees outside, Dubai gets around 10,000 germans and 10,000 russian tourists , most of which look like the mafia ........ i have no idea where the hell they get the number ( 5 million tourists to Dubai)pfffft right , maybe the total amount over 22 years ?!

the Burj Dubai is already cracking in areas and ive got proof .... the amount of bad material used is incredible ....... 9 workers fell to their deaths and armani is pulling out and not occupying the first 40+ floors of the Burj Dubai .....

i used to have faith in Dubai , but its failed me
Quote:

there you go !!! absaloute concrete proof of what im saying , ignore the red signature on the bottom , i think i was hacked the moment i started typing the previous reply by emaar scum and they are trying to divert everyone from the truth
A very nice Birthday gift for yourself ... and the poor souls fell for it so easily.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 05:46 PM   #7309
Gattberserk
Smith

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
im quite happy if Burj Dubai reaches original height of 705m. That is taller then any structure atm and 200m higher then current tallest skyscraper-taipei101.
It would be great if it does reach 818m. that would be bonus. It doesnt have to prove anything or beat any other contenders at this extreme height.So thats why i dont know why you would go higher. It will look silly if spire is extended higher then it should be. being proportionate is optimum.

Well I did mention that Tiers extended, not spire.

Spire remain same height and yet still able to break through the 1km barrier easily

Kingdom Tower of Jeddah
Gattberserk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #7310
vanhenrik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 126

hight update

hight update

burj Dubai

Level 152 at 564.9
sorce http://www.emaar.com/
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #7311
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2435

Ofcourse i was not being serious about my last two posts , i used statistics a 5 year old would find hard to believe and Emaar conspiracy theories and bloody hell , ive also thrown in a big cartoon ><

anyway apologies to those who though i was stating fact ....
Old September 24th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #7312
Ember-To-Ashes

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhenrik View Post
hight update

burj Dubai

Level 152 at 564.9
sorce http://www.emaar.com/
This has already been posted..........by me.......... on the previous page!
Ember-To-Ashes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #7313
Frankfurter_Bockwurst
Ehrenglied

Likes (Received): 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geia View Post
Amazing!!! Is it the tallest building in the world?
yes... guess what new wtb mean?
New World Tallest Building
Frankfurter_Bockwurst no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #7314
idkblk
-InQontrol-

Likes (Received): 2

People here never read what the one in the post above wrote
idkblk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #7315
Norb

Likes (Received): 8

Not according to the CTBUH it's not

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmuffi View Post
yes... guess what new wtb mean?
New World Tallest Building
"We will not classify it as a building until it is complete, clad and at least partially open for business to avoid things like the Ryungyong [sic] project. Taipei 101 is thus officially the world's tallest until that happens."

It is however the world's tallest freestanding structure
Norb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #7316
joydealer

Quote:

there you go !!! absaloute concrete proof of what im saying , ignore the red signature on the bottom , i think i was hacked the moment i started typing the previous reply by emaar scum and they are trying to divert everyone from the truth

Ignore the signature?

You took it from the website, where they only explain how to repair a crack?!
http://www.inspect-ny.com/structure/foundation.htm
joydealer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #7317
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2435

oh god -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkblk View Post
Old September 24th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #7318
BlackSmith!
Peace sells...

Likes (Received): 6

It was all a joke, he told us that
@Gattberserk: Core setback at level 152 has occured as planned. Check the latest Imres or Oldcityresidents pics. I beleive concrete will go up to 586m.
BlackSmith! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #7319
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

Quote:

Man let me tell you something so you can understand ..to tower is simply to small to have cracks..it's barelly at a WR height record.. so at this small size you want it to have cracks ?? you're funny maybe if it had 1800m I might had some doubts !!
Good day to you but for now it only has 550m that's not much thinck about it
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:02 PM   #7320
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkblk View Post
Has the building surpassed Taipei 101?!?!?!?!??!?!

FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote