daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 9th, 2007, 07:52 AM   #7841
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

!?!?!?!?!?

This is what it translates to:

Quote:
The side cannot be shown
the side you look for is not available for the occasion. It can depend on technical problems with webbsidan or so needs you to adjust the attitudes for webbläsaren.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try with some off following:

Click on the button to update or try again lateer.

If you typed in side Dr. late in Adressfältet should you check that it is correct.

If you want to check your connection attitudes clicks you on Internet-alternativ on Verktyg-menyn and clicks since on attitudes on the tab connections. The attitudes should match the attitudes that the network administrator or Internet-leverantören stated.
Check about the attitudes for Internet-anslutningen is identified. You can let Window to apply for on the network and automatic to konfigurera network attitudes (if the network administrator has activated this attitude).
Open Verktyg-menyn and click since on Internet-alternativ.
The open tab connections and click on LAN attitudes.
Indicate automatic identification of attitudes and to click since on OKAY.
Certain places require security for 128-bitars connection. Click on Hjälp-menyn and click since on about Internet Explorer in order to check how strong security you have installed.
If you try to reach a safe side, you checks that the security attitudes can to support it. Click on Internet-alternativ on Verktyg-menyn, and click since on the tab sophisticated and to check the attitudes for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0 and PCT 1.0 in the section security.
Click on the button backward if you want to try with another link.

It does not go to find server or a dna error has arisen
Can an administrator please have a word with Vanhenrik, im sick of all his spam and lack of respect for general forum rules and complete disinterest in making himself clear to everyone. I know im only one of MANY people who share this opinion.

I have a feeling hes not even Swedish and hes been pulling everyones leg as I said he was months ago...

Last edited by dettol; October 9th, 2007 at 07:59 AM.
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:06 AM   #7842
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 18

Damn I hope it isn't taller than 800m version, the other looks FUGLYY
*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:32 AM   #7843
beyond 1000
BANNED

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinouz View Post
jlh, I'm very glad you made this point and this picture too. Which is interesting is that on this estimate picture I precisely disagree with you on two points:

- A) the second shape fits better IMO. Why ? Because the shapes up to now had an hyperbolic start, and a linear finish at best. Each setback in the lower part is more spaced from the previous than the previous from the one before. That doesn't hold in the upper part.
In the higher versions, you have to extend the upper part, extending further the hyperbola.
And an hyperbola is a wonderful shape indeed. Look at the Eiffel tower.

- B) here I disagree with many in this forum. I really do love the Al Burj. IMO it's really good looking, very modern and elegant. Its proportions are good.
It doesn't have to be thin or shiny or a radically new shape to impress. To me it's a very mastered piece of architecture. Simple and elegant.
Well, the proposals up to this point, at least .

I also agree with you on both points.

Remember here. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whoever likes the first rendering is not wrong to pick this, neither is the one who likes the second rendering.

I like the taller rendering since it shows this building to soar to the sky until it cannot soar any further. Yes the building has to look good but what will make this building famous is it's shear height and that is what most will comment on when seeing it. No matter what height, it will be a marvel to look at.

As with Al Burj, can't wait to see this monster go up. That is also a beautiful building.
beyond 1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:38 AM   #7844
vanhenrik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 126

http://www.burjdubaiskyscraper.com/ is still down !

07-10-09 07:36

a bout 2 - 3 days now !
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:46 AM   #7845
vanhenrik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 126

wats wrong whit http://www.burjdubaiskyscraper.com/ ????

bikes you shuld kow its your website !!!
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:57 AM   #7846
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

I think you have mentioned the website enough. Remember, Megatower got a super lifetime permanent ban basically for what you are doing here (repeating questions over and over). Bikes is aware of the issues with his website, and you asking over and over isn't going to bring it up faster. You're just going to have to live with the downtime.
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:13 AM   #7847
jlh630

Likes (Received): 7

vanhenrik, don't worry about the site. If it's not working for you, there's probably nothing you can do. You aren't missing anything anyway, the site just posts all the same pictures and facts that are posted here first.
jlh630 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 12:06 PM   #7848
Gattberserk
Smith

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
it will come from the steel section redesign, especially heightening of the spire.

Then again to increase the concrete section a little over 600m shouldn't be that much of a problem too, right?

BD can easily attain the height of 900m~ at least just by stretching each of the Tiers above the concrete section. While I agree it may look distort a bit because it too thin at the top, it doesn't mean it will lose all its elegance!

Look at how thin is the structure of the constellation proposed in the Middle East, its so thin at the top that even the elevator shaft might have problem fitting inside the floor space at that top of the structure. Yet it look so beautiful!

I personally hope BD can hit the 3K ft barrier, its a great significance because Burj Dubai in UAE has already broken the 3K barrier even before any building around the world has broken the 2K barrier! It will portray too what a masterpiece Burj Dubai is at this era of architecture.

Kingdom Tower of Jeddah
Gattberserk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #7849
Croat
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
nobody knows this....so don't be so sure
How about 971 m?

It's also UAE calling number, so people around the world will remember it!

Last edited by Croat; October 10th, 2007 at 05:32 PM.
Croat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #7850
whoami

Likes (Received): 8

im done with BD, Mori,and ICC. Russia tower, Al hamra

im working on this now...

The Mile Tower.

[IMG]http://i22.************/70xel3.jpg[/IMG]
whoami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM   #7851
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croat View Post
How about 972 m?

It's also UAE calling number, so people around the world will remember it!
BLASPHEMY!!!
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #7852
Gattberserk
Smith

Likes (Received): 17

I do hope BD will still go higher

I think I need to pray

Kingdom Tower of Jeddah
Gattberserk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 04:19 PM   #7853
xlchris
Not much

Likes (Received): 201

It's not normal anymore. 2 years ago it was weird, a 800m tower. No there are designs for 1600m!! How freaking high must that be! It would be scary! The heighest building I have ever seen was 150m...I think!

The Burj Dubai looks elegant!
Old October 9th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #7854
AceN
Expelled

Likes (Received): 3459

THis remind me of story about Babel Tower in the Bibble...

“Never argue with IDIOT people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience ! ”
AceN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #7855
Alweron

Weird how small BD looks like when put next to the other hypertalls. The design of "Mubarak tower" looks fantastic. I doubt they will build those, but anyway it's nice to see they're planning something bigger. Maybe they should focus on BD first and then start to think about the other towers, tho.

I'm afraid they will ruin the whole city of Dubai by building towers after towers without thinking the consequences. There are no parks, not even a centre where people could meet each other. All tho Dubai has everything that is the best and the tallest in the world, it will never be better than a city that has actually been planned well.
Alweron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 07:10 PM   #7856
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

There are parks in the city and more are planned ... and don't worry about "lack" of places where people can meet each other.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 07:18 PM   #7857
Tag_one

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alweron View Post

I'm afraid they will ruin the whole city of Dubai by building towers after towers without thinking the consequences. There are no parks, not even a centre where people could meet each other. All tho Dubai has everything that is the best and the tallest in the world, it will never be better than a city that has actually been planned well.
I wouldn't like walking in a park when it's 40 to 50C with a humidity of 100%.
But seriously, don't be afraid they'll build some parks and green.
Tag_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #7858
Alweron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
There are parks in the city and more are planned ... and don't worry about "lack" of places where people can meet each other.
It just that I read an article from a Finnish newspaper and it stated that way. I think it's true, since Finnish newspapers don't lie Not having a clear centre equals a confused city. Even if they had some parks there, the climate is too hot at summer time. How do u expect people to go out to the park if it's +50 degrees in the sun? They don't. Dubai is interesting and unique in many ways, but it lacks many things no matter how much they build there. That's unfortunately the truth.
Alweron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 07:42 PM   #7859
madmaxtrox

Likes (Received): 0

Regarding parks and open spaces;
Dubai's Mail is huge for walking around and meeting people along with the indoor ski area

One thing they can do (along with the water areas they have) are green belts with very large overhead sunshade structures (e.g., Downtown Las Vegas) maybe with misters if done right.
madmaxtrox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #7860
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alweron View Post
since Finnish newspapers don't lie
Good joke!
Sry for OT
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote