daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #961
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,502
Likes (Received): 6525

hey vekkis, as i opened the thread, the first pic what i've seen was your photoshopped pic, and my first thought was:"wow, they're damned fast".
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #962
mightygoose
Registered User
 
mightygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 141
Likes (Received): 10

indeed it looks to be particularly reflective glass.
mightygoose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:40 PM   #963
Tag_one
Registered User
 
Tag_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nieuwegein/Holland
Posts: 695
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightygoose View Post
indeed it looks to be particularly reflective glass.
Yeah, it needs to be reflective glass to prevent too much sunlight entering the building. Sunlight will heat up a place pretty fast, so you'll need a good airco to keep the place cool. When less sunlight will enter your building you can do with a cheaper airco (HVAC) system.
btw: are you the same mightygoose from SimCity?
Tag_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 06:16 PM   #964
vanhenrik
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: karlskoga
Posts: 624
Likes (Received): 126

ok it is going to be a round 700 - 750 m tall ! the spire to count that is just bullshit ! in my world a skyscraper is one that one that we can stnd on top of like a roof end this is in my world onley going to be 648 m end with a raidio mast on top so lets be anest the top of the tower is`n eney tower it is a raidio mast end a comunicaition tower !

so the 648 m is the real burj dubai ! end in my world the rest dosent count !




ps. am sick en tier of that all towers has to top with a spire
to buld a spire insted of a real tower in the same hight
is a sighn of lack of money !

Last edited by vanhenrik; May 14th, 2007 at 06:26 PM.
vanhenrik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:17 PM   #965
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 5,368
Likes (Received): 3395

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhenrik View Post
ok it is going to be a round 700 - 750 m tall ! the spire to count that is just bullshit ! in my world a skyscraper is one that one that we can stnd on top of like a roof end this is in my world onley going to be 648 m end with a raidio mast on top so lets be anest the top of the tower is`n eney tower it is a raidio mast end a comunicaition tower !

so the 648 m is the real burj dubai ! end in my world the rest dosent count !




ps. am sick en tier of that all towers has to top with a spire
to buld a spire insted of a real tower in the same hight
is a sighn of lack of money !
You should ask in the Trump Tower Chicago thread or the One Bryant Park (New York) thread.
__________________
My trips around the World

Tom_Green está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:31 PM   #966
Wikidboo
Registered User
 
Wikidboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 36
Likes (Received): 0

Hey Guys,

I've been following this thread for a while now and always find it interesting to see the new pics. What is it about tall buildings that gets us excited?.
Anyways, a couple of questions...

How would they clean the glass on the upper levels ?...daring humans or some automated system ?

I read on the official forum some months ago about small cracks..any update on that ?

Also just a thought, is the days of the US building huge skyscrapers over due to the risk of terrorism ?....I saw the Chicago spire but there just doesnt seem to be much enthusiasm for building big in the US anymore.
Wikidboo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #967
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,502
Likes (Received): 6525

1. it'll be an automated system
2. no news from the cracks as far as i know

Btw...welcome to the forum Wikidboo
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #968
Wikidboo
Registered User
 
Wikidboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 36
Likes (Received): 0

Thanks ZZ ...you dont happen to know what the cost of BD is do ya ?
I find everything about this project fascinating...I have to plan a trip to Dubai one day.
Wikidboo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #969
James R. Hawkwood
Imperator
 
James R. Hawkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 456
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikidboo View Post
Hey Guys,

I've been following this thread for a while now and always find it interesting to see the new pics. What is it about tall buildings that gets us excited?.
Anyways, a couple of questions...

How would they clean the glass on the upper levels ?...daring humans or some automated system ?

I read on the official forum some months ago about small cracks..any update on that ?

Also just a thought, is the days of the US building huge skyscrapers over due to the risk of terrorism ?....I saw the Chicago spire but there just doesnt seem to be much enthusiasm for building big in the US anymore.
Welcome to the forums man!!

On the Sears tower they have machines who are cleaning the windows.
Something like that will be installed on this building.

Did you thought a person would do that? hahaha i already see in front off me:
"Oh hell i forgot the sweeper!!" whilst being already 600 Meters from the ground

Those cracks are already repaired by stutting the floors with temporaraly pilars and then they repair the concrete by chipping away the "rotten" parts and replace them with new and better concrete and they added carbon strips to reinforce the building permantly

So i hoped to awnserd your questions

Cheers man and have fun @ the forums
__________________
Let the Russian Empire rise and shine as never before and let it be the Ultra power that conquers the world!
James R. Hawkwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:49 PM   #970
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,502
Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikidboo View Post
Thanks ZZ ...you dont happen to know what the cost of BD is do ya ?
I find everything about this project fascinating...I have to plan a trip to Dubai one day.
1,8 Billion Dollars is the official number i believe
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:51 PM   #971
anthony99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 41
Likes (Received): 0

ive heard they have been finding lots of fine cracks in the floor slabs

and are going to reinforce the floor slabs because they have been under engineered to improve the life and performance of the tower!
anthony99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:23 PM   #972
Croat
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 282
Likes (Received): 14

August-7-2007
Pic from the future!



Rough Paint edit
Croat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #973
Arrrgh
Gouda's Glorie
 
Arrrgh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gouda
Posts: 7,671
Likes (Received): 1108

I was wondering... Why do they build the world's tallest tower in Dubai???

Aside from the climate that can be called a little hot, it's so dusty there that when you're standing on top of it you probably won't even see the ground.. :S
Arrrgh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #974
MasonicStage™
Super Moderator
 
MasonicStage™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zagreb
Posts: 18,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croat View Post
August-7-2007
Pic from the future!



Rough Paint edit
Cool!
__________________
Written by nature edited by evolution.
MasonicStage™ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #975
Wikidboo
Registered User
 
Wikidboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 36
Likes (Received): 0

Im not sure many other countries have people as rich as the Sheiks to build such expensive projects.
Wikidboo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #976
giovani kun
====(^.^)====
 
giovani kun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 世界 に
Posts: 2,902
Likes (Received): 559

this is a joke what are they doing that is not cladding they are trying to moke us they are gonna put 3 windows per day with this riddon in 3 years maybe they get luky )
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #977
Hollie Maea
Registered User
 
Hollie Maea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,403
Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovani kun View Post
this is a joke what are they doing that is not cladding they are trying to moke us they are gonna put 3 windows per day with this riddon in 3 years maybe they get luky )
If you bothered to read what people post on here, you wouldn't be saying silly stuff. I would recommend that you go read duboy's announcement in full before you say anything else about the cladding
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #978
giovani kun
====(^.^)====
 
giovani kun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 世界 に
Posts: 2,902
Likes (Received): 559

I already done that and I know they should be getting up to speed in a couple of days BUT for me this is called testing what are they doing right now !!!! and not what you've sayed that they already started they haven't started anything yet !!! it's just slow motion movie

When they will start to put cladding we'll see with all our eyes till then have to wait

Last edited by giovani kun; May 14th, 2007 at 10:53 PM.
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #979
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,502
Likes (Received): 6525

giovani, that is not Testing . they've tested many weeks with a "test-cladding", but that new glass is real and will grow fast now. and fact is that they've started!
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:54 PM   #980
Hollie Maea
Registered User
 
Hollie Maea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,403
Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovani kun View Post
I already done that and I know they should be getting up to speed in a couple of days BUT for me this is called testing what are they doing right now !!!! and not what you've sayed that they already started they haven't started anything yet !!! it's just slow motion movie

When they will start to put cladding we'll see with all our eyes till then have to wait
You're right. I forgot; they won't have started until we see you crying.
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu