daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 26th, 2007, 02:25 PM   #1721
hella good
Something of a monster

Likes (Received): 2661

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail456 View Post
taipea 101 is too small, the gerkin is too tall...everything in that rendering actually is completely out of propotion.
its not a rendering, its only an advery for the financial times. i have this on a poster. its not supposed to be specific. the public dont know the difference.
CODA Instagram
hella good no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2007, 03:59 PM   #1722
carlo pontevedra
Carlo

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail456 View Post
taipea 101 is too small, the gerkin is too tall...everything in that rendering actually is completely out of propotion.
Yeah, there are a lot discrepancies here. I hope that they'd be corrected, otherwise, I'd suspect that somebody is playing favorites.
Old May 26th, 2007, 04:10 PM   #1723
Adrian Smith fan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi7x10 View Post
Go back and look at the PPT of how they will build the top, it has measurement, and thay not that small. Also even a small 1000 sq ft flat up there will fetch a small fortune. Look in your local paper today and see what nice apartments in Chigago go for, tonight on home finders, they showed 3 flats, they went from 850 - 1200 sq ft, and the price tag was 300 - 325, and they were all in building less than 6 storey tall, with views that included a parking lot, a rail yard, and a highway right out side the window.
thanks for the info, yeah for sure then there will be a occupied floor level at 701m. if there's more then 1,000sqft
Adrian Smith fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #1724
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

26/May/2007

Burj Dubai Mega Update

Burj Dubai , board has been changed , 129 floors now

Burj Dubai and underground tunel exit ( or maybe emergency exit)

Burj Dubai and Palm Boulevard

and the weather there

Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 05:37 PM   #1725
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

, perfect update imre, thx
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:18 PM   #1726
kurakura
means tortoise in malay

Likes (Received): 1

Thanks man

anyway is 129 floors a world record for the most floors ever reached for a building?
kurakura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #1727
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

of course , the old record was held by the Twin Towers in NY with 110 floors overground and 6 underground floors. after 2001 the sears tower was the skyscraper with the most floors ( 108 )
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #1728
kurakura
means tortoise in malay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
of course , the old record was held by the Twin Towers in NY with 110 floors overground and 6 underground floors. after 2001 the sears tower was the skyscraper with the most floors ( 108 )
wow! ... its going to be cool if they hold a vertical marathon there ... some countries have annual stairs climbing marathon.
kurakura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:29 PM   #1729
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

running up over 160F is crazy
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:55 PM   #1730
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Ok, let me preface my post by pointing out that I'm terrible at these analysis things and I always make mistakes and forget key elements, so you can correct me if I'm wrong, scream at me, or tell me I'm stupid etc.

Disclaimer out of the way, look at these two pictures:

After the fourth mechanical floors, we know that they start dropping off the wing cones, and making the tiny wings that form a new cone out of what was the middle of the wings before. Looking at the second picture, you can see that the middle triangular parts that are becoming the new cones change shape to accommodate this: When there is still a wing cone, there is a notch that disappears so that the tiny wing flows right to the point.

If you look at the green circled areas you can see that the forms for pouring this middle section changed shape and protrude outwards so that they don't make the little notch. Look at the first picture, though, and you can see that the form is still set back in a way that will form the notch. But, if I'm following everything correctly, after level 123 the next setback is supposed to occur so this wing should be set up for the tiny wings as well.
Since they seem to still be pouring the middle sections with the notch, to me this looks like the first photographic evidence that they are starting to deviate from the old plans.
Does this make sense or did I mess up somewhere, experts? Let me know!
Thanks to Imre, of course, for the pictures.
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #1731
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Oh yeah, I didn't even notice that!

It seems you're quite right with your analysis! It will be quite exciting to see where exactly they do introduce the next 'notch'!

Also, it seems you have inadvertantly given the BD a smilie face.....take a look at the last picture again!
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #1732
LAYZIEDOGG
Los Santos

Likes (Received): 33

thanks Imre for the excellent updates, nice those BD with paltree pictures.
when the area is finished it will look stunning no doubt about it.
LAYZIEDOGG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #1733
delphi7x10

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
Ok, let me preface my post by pointing out that I'm terrible at these analysis things and I always make mistakes and forget key elements, so you can correct me if I'm wrong, scream at me, or tell me I'm stupid etc.

Disclaimer out of the way, look at these two pictures:

After the fourth mechanical floors, we know that they start dropping off the wing cones, and making the tiny wings that form a new cone out of what was the middle of the wings before. Looking at the second picture, you can see that the middle triangular parts that are becoming the new cones change shape to accommodate this: When there is still a wing cone, there is a notch that disappears so that the tiny wing flows right to the point.

If you look at the green circled areas you can see that the forms for pouring this middle section changed shape and protrude outwards so that they don't make the little notch. Look at the first picture, though, and you can see that the form is still set back in a way that will form the notch. But, if I'm following everything correctly, after level 123 the next setback is supposed to occur so this wing should be set up for the tiny wings as well.
Since they seem to still be pouring the middle sections with the notch, to me this looks like the first photographic evidence that they are starting to deviate from the old plans.
Does this make sense or did I mess up somewhere, experts? Let me know!
Thanks to Imre, of course, for the pictures.
WOW, great observation, but also look at what I asked about last week, the lift in the right side of picture 1 goes to high. These lift that are on the wing roof, normally stop at the bottom of the next tier. That way they can start it before tier below is complete.
delphi7x10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #1734
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

my gues about your observation is that they'll go higher than originally planed because they need a strong landmark for Dubai and that is the only way to do that

Last edited by giovani kun; May 26th, 2007 at 08:42 PM.
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #1735
sampras
V

Hollie Maea U'r the man
probably noone else spotted that (at least I did not :P)

I think you might be right giovani

[ Art 54 ust. 1 KRP "Każdemu zapewnia się wolność wyrażania swoich poglądów oraz pozyskiwania i rozpowszechniania informacji." ]

software is like sex - it is much better when it is free

sampras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #1736
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Another batch of glass must have arrived, since there are now more than 25 pieces up: 23 on the first strip, and now four more around on the other side.
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #1737
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

26-May-2007, from the beach (again):

[IMG]http://i19.************/63kej2s.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i11.************/4qp6irc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i16.************/525wz5x.jpg[/IMG]
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #1738
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Three more from the beach:

[IMG]http://i7.************/4mb9tl2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i9.************/5yl6vc3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i15.************/4qh3h1u.jpg[/IMG]
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #1739
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

To elaborate some more on what Hollie Maea said......have a look at Fury's (great by the way) diagram...

[IMG]http://i15.************/4kw2l8l.jpg[/IMG]

Like Hollie Maea said....the 'winglet' sections SHOULD have gone 112 -123...making those wing sections 12 floors high, until the next winglet setback appears next it!
The setback ending at L111, started at L87.....which is 25 floors high!
The next setback is supposed start at L124, where the ob-deck is supposed to be!
The setback that SHOULD end at 123, started at L99.....which is also 25 floors high!
The next (final of this type of setback) SHOULD end at L143 which started at L112....which is 32 floors high!

This to me has never made any sense.....as the whole continuity is thrown out of sync with these last two floors!
I do understand why though.....L123 - L124 are both double in height, so from a distance....although there is a floor discrepancy in the numbers.....the clockwise sequence will still be uniformly spiraled as it has all the way from L19!

So in reality, it will have the sequence of having 25 floors, then 29 floors and then 32 floors in height!

Remember, each setback has grown one floor higher each time so far, making each setback three floors higher than the previous one (3 setbacks) directly below it.

In my mind the next set of winglets SHOULD appear at L124 as the cutout suggest in this picture.....although I'n not entirely convinced the setback will stay the same from now on as in Fury's diagram!

Now the next winglet section is at the back (the unseen side of this picture) and the attaching wall has already unergone the 'thinning'....so there won't actually be any 'notching' at these points.

Look.....the notching and thinning on this side....at the bottom of the next picture both sides have been re-aligned......so no more notching need be done now until L139, which will appear on the right side of this picture.....only then will we know for sure!

It's all getting uberexciting now!
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 10:28 PM   #1740
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

imagine these pics with the completed BD!!!