daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 30th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #1921
Ember-To-Ashes

Likes (Received): 7

gah! u shud know about the cladding !

and thats the 705m version.
Ember-To-Ashes no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #1922
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10143

looks like 130 levels joonb?? thats 470m.
cheers champ
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #1923
dynamoultraclean

Likes (Received): 5

To be honest, I don't really like it, but then again it isn't finished yet.

Height isn't everything, you know.
dynamoultraclean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 02:59 PM   #1924
Sky Tower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcompleteTooL View Post
Fury, why do you keep posting old pics? This thread is for following the construction progress. What do we need 2 month old pics for? It just creates confusion and takes up space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooL!!! View Post
But still, what's the point? We've all seen hundreds of BD pics, we know what it looks like, so unless it's an actual update or a really interesting pic, why post it?
They are updates, they are all new and of merit, just not todays pics!
Fury probably has the largest personal/professional bank of BD pics in the world and spends many hours selecting the best one's for our viewing pleasure.
Please respect the fact there are other people who really value the UPDATES and valued pics he so kindly shares with us.
Let me also remind you these pics are found in multiple places and are posted on sites like flickr and suchlike on the same day that Fury posts them.
Just because he takes the time and effort to read the EXIF files he can find the creation date. Fury is one of the hardest working and most respected forumers and I'm happy to see each and every contribution he makes!
Sky Tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:43 PM   #1925
_00_deathscar

Likes (Received): 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember-To-Ashes View Post

and thats the 705m version.
Eh?
_00_deathscar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #1926
Dennis
Rotterdam

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post

[IMG]http://i10.************/5xij2ig.jpg[/IMG]
Impressive, really...
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #1927
graham
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Tower View Post
They are updates, they are all new and of merit, just not todays pics!
Fury probably has the largest personal/professional bank of BD pics in the world and spends many hours selecting the best one's for our viewing pleasure.
Please respect the fact there are other people who really value the UPDATES and valued pics he so kindly shares with us.
Let me also remind you these pics are found in multiple places and are posted on sites like flickr and suchlike on the same day that Fury posts them.
Just because he takes the time and effort to read the EXIF files he can find the creation date. Fury is one of the hardest working and most respected forumers and I'm happy to see each and every contribution he makes!
Right on!!
graham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #1928
graham
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by _00_deathscar View Post
Interesting that, from what I've seen, in HK and around Asia (ICC, SWFC, One Island East), the cladding is started once the core of a building is about 50% completed, but this doesn't seem to be the case with this building.
Originally Posted by Ember-To-Ashes ....

Quote:
Eh?
Two things....

1) He means that if your interested about the cladding, read through the thread a bit, because it's all there.
This way you can join in conversations having at least some knowledge and we dont have to type it all out again.

2) The version in question is the 705m version. He was responding to post #1921.

Using forums is not all that hard.
Sometimes a little effort is a good thing.
Sorry if I'm a bit blunt, but common sense is needed, even if it is the internet.

Last edited by graham; May 30th, 2007 at 05:32 PM.
graham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #1929
googlepeakoil

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalliTooL View Post
But still, what's the point? We've all seen hundreds of BD pics, we know what it looks like, so unless it's an actual update or a really interesting pic, why post it?
If it's a "good" photo - and it's been scoured from the net, I personally don't care if it's a month old!
The regular updaters usually take photos from the same place - so it's good to see the structure from different places around Dubai to get it in context. If it's months old it might not be as relevant - but if it's good (ie, not a distant blur) then please keep posting.

ps. im happy with the date format as is : YY-MM-DD (descending order).
I personally save all pics as Y-MM-DD (ie 7-05-30.jpg) so they all list in date order on my hdd... and as i expect it to finish before 9-12-31 i dont bother with 2 digits for the year! That makes the most sense to me.
googlepeakoil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:28 PM   #1930
DocShergar
He's a beauty!

Likes (Received): 6

Exactly Dennis. That is one impressive Skyline that is only going to get better and better. That pic is already on my desktop

So we've had the first batch of 25 panels. We must be expecting the next batch to be larger in the next week or two?
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:28 PM   #1931
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57999

Oh, look! Dubai is on the SSC-Banner today

Fantastic progress btw!

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #1932
googlepeakoil

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikidboo View Post
Like everyone else I really appreciate Imre taking the time and effort posting the pics. We are watching history in the making and i look forward to visiting this site everyday to see the progress.

Now a silly question..............if the OB deck has an outside area (the roof on top of a wing) wouldn't it be too windy to stand out there ? I dont know if it will have an outside area but just curious.

Also, can you imagine your walking in your appt and you slip and fall against the glass ?....Instant bowel flushing moment

I was once on the stratosphere in Las vegas looking out the window...just peering over the edge and some little brat ran by and pushed me onto the glass.....If i could have got a sound out I would have screamed like a little schoolgirl....lets just say that that moment was the scariest of my life
There's some wind speed meter on the inside of all decks (I assume there's others for each flat roof area) to show the wind speed. I think I remember them saying - if the wind is above a certain speed they wont open the door.
googlepeakoil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #1933
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Alloy View Post
Does anyone know how wide the base on BD is? I guess from the tip of one wing to the tip of another. Thanks!
with countig the big wings on the base i believe it will be 150m wide but without them 90m.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:08 PM   #1934
_00_deathscar

Likes (Received): 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
Originally Posted by Ember-To-Ashes ....

Two things....

1) He means that if your interested about the cladding, read through the thread a bit, because it's all there.
This way you can join in conversations having at least some knowledge and we dont have to type it all out again.

2) The version in question is the 705m version. He was responding to post #1921.

Using forums is not all that hard.
Sometimes a little effort is a good thing.
Sorry if I'm a bit blunt, but common sense is needed, even if it is the internet.
Fair enough, I shall now spend my time reading through 97 pages looking for merely specific information regarding Burj Dubai cladding....
_00_deathscar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:21 PM   #1935
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocShergar View Post

So we've had the first batch of 25 panels. We must be expecting the next batch to be larger in the next week or two?
I feel like a cracked record. We've already seen more than 25 pieces put up. Look at the second to last batch of Imre updates!
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #1936
Hollie Maea

Quote:
Fair enough, I shall now spend my time reading through 97 pages looking for merely specific information regarding Burj Dubai cladding....
It will be worth it. You'll know a ton about this building by the time you are done!
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:28 PM   #1937
Tag_one

Quote:
tip: click on a random page and you'll have about 80% change that you'll find info about the cladding
Tag_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:33 PM   #1938
DocShergar
He's a beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
The second batch of panels must have already arrived since there are more than 25 panels hung. Count them! There are 27 so far (not counting of course the old test ones that are still up).
Back on page 89 next to Imre's 2nd to last update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
I feel like a cracked record. We've already seen more than 25 pieces put up. Look at the second to last batch of Imre updates!
I knew i'd seen the number 25 relating to the cladding somewhere. But according to you Hollie Maea i was only 2 panels short. I can live with that.
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #1939
Hollie Maea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocShergar View Post
I knew i'd seen the number 25 relating to the cladding somewhere. But according to you Hollie Maea i was only 2 panels short. I can live with that.

No, you were right. They said several times that the first batch was 25 panels. That's why I think the second batch has already arrived. Also, I think that two of the ones from the first batch may have been defective or something because they put up 23 right away in the first row, and then later the next four on the other side. I have a suspicion that if we saw newer pictures of the area where they put up the four we would see that more have been put up in the past couple of days, but who knows.
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:47 PM   #1940
DocShergar
He's a beauty!

We'll see. Only time will tell with pictures Looks good either way!