daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 7th, 2007, 08:12 PM   #21
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurakura View Post
Im an Electrical Engineer to be too
I wish you all the best then ... and unlike me I hope you'll actually make a carier in Engineering.

I was a deserter from the start ... not that I'm complaining for the "choice" I made though.

Back to topic: Any concert gig or big parties planned there (apart of the parades). I'm thinking more and more of finally go and visit S'pore.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:51 AM   #22
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Likes (Received): 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
Back to topic: Any concert gig or big parties planned there (apart of the parades). I'm thinking more and more of finally go and visit S'pore.
The planners want to promote Marina Bay as a place for the city to host events. I dont have their itinerary, but you can click on the link in my signature for some info.

Local artists frequently perform on the waterfront on weekends. Singapore hosts annual dance parties on the beach on Sentosa Island too.
RafflesCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:06 AM   #23
kurakura
means tortoise in malay

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafflesCity View Post
The planners want to promote Marina Bay as a place for the city to host events. I dont have their itinerary, but you can click on the link in my signature for some info.

Local artists frequently perform on the waterfront on weekends. Singapore hosts annual dance parties on the beach on Sentosa Island too.
One of the biggest party is called Zoukout , organised by one of the more prominent nitelife players here -which is Zouk.

Its usualyy held in December.
kurakura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #24
patchay

Likes (Received): 1521

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurakura View Post
One of the biggest party is called Zoukout , organised by one of the more prominent nitelife players here -which is Zouk.

Its usualyy held in December.
Yeap There's also an annual nightparty at Sentosa on the eve of New Year?

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:32 PM   #25
kiwitam

Likes (Received): 0

NDP @ Marina Bay

Bidding for NDP 2007 tickets starts on Saturday

This year's National Day Parade will be different from all others - for the first time the event will be held on a floating platform entirely over water.

Bidding for tickets start this Saturday and organisers are expecting an overwhelming response.

The stage is set for NDP 2007 - and the entire show will be over water.

The theme is "City of Possibilities" with a spanking new logo to fit the new parade format.

Blue has taken over the traditional red to symbolise the water around the Marina Bay area.

This is the first time Singapore will be celebrating her birthday on water and audiences can expect special effects making use of that element and pyrotechnics to light up the city skyline around the Marina Bay.

There are the usual ways to bid for tickets.

The public can call, go online, SMS or visit the AXS or SAM machine and tickets will be balloted electronically.

Major Tan Chin Tuck, Chairman, Seating Committee, NDP 2007, said: "Traditionally, NDP tickets have been high in demand. Especially for years when we have it at Padang, which is of similar capacity to where we are right now at the sitting gallery for this year. We do not discriminate previous year's ticket winners from getting tickets this year. This is a brand new location, a brand new venue and we'd like to let everyone have the same chance of winning the tickets."

The lucky ticket winners will be notified from June 10-19.

Winners can then collect their tickets at Marina Square Shopping Centre.

For those who cannot get a seat inside the stadium, organisers say there's standing room for some 150,000 people along the waterfront.

Colonel Teo Jing Siong, Chairman, Executive Committee, NDP 2007, said: "With such a large influx of people into the Marina Bay area, there will not only be traffic congestions but human congestions as well. Parking will be a challenge, that's why we encourage even from the onset many people coming here to take public transport instead of driving here. These are areas we ought to be working at to try our best to minimise...inconveniences as well as all these congestions."

NDP 2007 will also be driving people to get the best views from nearby hotels and buildings.

Those who are interested can apply online at www.ndp.org.sg.

To apply via the telephone, the number to call is 1900 112 4242 to apply for tickets to NDP Preview 2007 and 1900 112 4243 for tickets to NDP on Aug 9, 2007.

To apply via SMS, send a text message beginning with "NDP" for the actual parade or "PREVIEW" for the preview show and NRIC number to 42422 for two tickets, 42424 for four tickets, and 42426 for six tickets.

Tickets are not given on a first come, first served basis.

Bidding begins on May 19 and ends May 28. - CNA/ch
kiwitam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #26
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Posted by hyacinthus

Quote:
17 June 2007

Old June 28th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #27
Cristov„o471

Likes (Received): 12

Driving through Singapore at night is amazing, I need to go back.
Cristov„o471 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #28
RafflesCity
By Spirit

The view from the seating gallery --->

Old August 1st, 2007, 11:36 AM   #29
kurakura
means tortoise in malay

Likes (Received): 1

Raffie

u have extra tickets for NDP ?
kurakura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:09 PM   #30
RafflesCity
By Spirit

oh I wish I had!

But I dont. In fact, I was fortunate enough to attend the preview, courtesy of my friend who had 2 tickets.

The good thing about it is that even if you dont have tickets, you could still go to the Esplanade to watch it!
Old August 12th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #31
builder1010
Singapore Builder

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafflesCity View Post
oh I wish I had!

But I dont. In fact, I was fortunate enough to attend the preview, courtesy of my friend who had 2 tickets.

The good thing about it is that even if you dont have tickets, you could still go to the Esplanade to watch it!
oh, you must be thankful for your fren who gives u the tix?
wat did u give in return?
builder1010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote