daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 28th, 2007, 06:37 AM   #1
floridian-will

Likes (Received): 344

WEST PALM BEACH, FL | Projects & Construction

West Palm Beach, Florida is currently growing at a very fast pace, and Palm Beach County is possibly SoFla's fastest growing county, many new high-rises are under construction currently, and plenty more are approved and in the proposed process in other words still trying to please Mayor Frankel. Here is a pic of some construction Downtown:

And another one showing more crane action:

Here is one of the currently proposed buildings, if this building is built it would be one of the most modern buildings in Florida:

This is just some of the development going on as far as construction goes in WPB. There is also a new waterfront remodel project that will be finished by 2010, it will dramatically change the face of WPB. Many new parks, walkways, and piers will be added into the Intracoastal Waterfront Commons, including a movable pier that will be used for entertainment also. A Intracoastal front beach park will be added as well. Here is a link to the main website of this project, http://www.cityofwpb.com/waterfront/

In addition to this development there will also be a new City Center added to the city, construction has already begun and the end result will look like this:

In addition to this there is a new plan that has been passed to make the next decade of WPB development focus on Office Towers, the plan will have the tallest towers be on a limit of 25 stories at first but eventually will allow larger ones to be built in the future. Here are the articles: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...town_0409.html

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...meet_0410.html

That is all the News I have from WPB for now, I'm sure more will follow as this city follows the path of its big brothers Miami, and Fort Lauderdale.
floridian-will no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2007, 07:34 AM   #2
Taylorhoge

Likes (Received): 10

wow some nice looking projects in Palm Beach
Taylorhoge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #3
Kngkyle

Likes (Received): 21

I really like the design on this one:

Hope it becomes a reality.
Kngkyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 04:08 AM   #4
TriMT7

Likes (Received): 0

I'm moving to West Palm Beach next week into one of those new condo highrises and can't wait! I know the area outside of downtown still has some major problems, but I believe in the potential of downtown. It's in a GREAT intracoastal location, and has a chance to really distinguish and make itself stand out through proper planning!
TriMT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote