daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 28th, 2007, 09:31 AM   #1
Songoten2554

Likes (Received): 87

ASIA | Railway Stations (Photos)

i been thinking of a crazy idea and this seems like very crazy i brought this up in the japan thread but it seems like its lost but since now its in the Railways thread and yes what this massive plan is a railway plan and yes its humangous and this idea i got inspried from the Eurostar

the Tunnels are going to be used by the AsiaHSR (Asia's version of Eurostar), Asiashuttle to carry cars, motocycles, buses, trucks,etc also people, Freight international, and Maintance by the company that owns the tunnels and the opreations excluding AsiaHSR which will be a different company also Freight Trains

what i am proposing a railway tunnel will several tunnels because there will be a island that will act as a trough route for the tunnels anyways i am imagaing an international railway that will connect Japan with the rest of Asia and Russia and that Japan will have friendship with them

the Terimnals outside the tunnels will be huge and they will include a freight terminal since japan has normal trains that runs on a different guage they have narrow guage then the shinkansen there will be an area where they will change the guages for frieght and passengers

there will be a shuttle trains for the passengers that have cars and motocycles including buses and trucks as well to board as well

the AsiaHSR will be The International High Speed Rail train not Maglev for this ambiouts project i got the idea from Eurostar and well its like Eurostar but will be like the 500 series of the shinkansen and some of them will be doubled decked and will run the same speeds as the shinkansen and will be the same guage as the shinkansen which is standard guage with overhead wire

the Stations all of them will be named International for example Tokyo International Station will be underground because of Space issues and such and will have a grand concourse like the Eurostar and it will have 10 platforms and well hmm how many tracks will it have

need to know where to put the depot and the opreating center of course they will have drivers its Technology from the japanese Shinkansen and from the French TGV technologies also the Technologies of the German ICE Trains as well

theres more to this but right now its getting late for me so i will be putting more so stay tuned

Last edited by Songoten2554; April 28th, 2007 at 09:42 AM.
Songoten2554 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2007, 09:48 AM   #2
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Not possible. A minor quake can easily crack the tunnel and repair alones and saving lives would be disastrous. Why built such an expensive tunnel when you can simply take an airplane or simply research a giant speed boat to ferry the people between the Asian continent and Japan?
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 03:33 AM   #3
Songoten2554

Railways seems perfect and i forgot to mention that the tunnels will have protection against earthquake that they have in the san franscico BART tunnel that they have dampers that protect it from earthquakes so it will have them in the Asiatunnels
Old April 29th, 2007, 01:34 PM   #4
Trainman Dave
systems rule!

Likes (Received): 17

The russians have allready proposed a similar idea
Trainman Dave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #5
thainotts

Likes (Received): 8

Too expensive, IMO. The Eurotunnel is simpler and it isn't exactly viable in the business sense. I don't see how this will provide any sort of viable returns either.
"สมบัติชาติ" ถ้าคนไทยบริหารแล้วห่วยลงๆ สู้ขายให้นายทุนฝรั่งมาบริหารยังจะดีกว่า เขาจะเอาออกนอกประเทศก็ไม่ได้ แถมการแข่งขันในตลาดเสรีก็ช่วยพัฒนา "สมบัติ" นั้นๆ อีกด้วย ....​ อย่าให้คนไทยกันเองดอง "สมบัติชาติ" จนมันเน่าเลยดีกว่า
thainotts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #6
Songoten2554

but come on i mean its a great idea Japan will be linked with Asia i mean Japan is part of Asia at least it will have Asia pride plus like i said frieght service will run on the tunnels and complexes like the channel tunnel does

anyways i am thinking for the AsiaHSR it will run by the north Shinkansen route

the Tokyo International Station will be below Tokyo Station and i am thinking it will be called Tokyo Regional Station just like how Straford regional station will be called when the phase two of the CTRL will open on Novemeber 14 2007

the Tokyo international section will be deep underground and will incleade a giant cathderal well cavaren like hall with artwork and paintings of Japan for the cultural of japan for forginers as well as for Japan's history and pride well a good representation of international travel by High Speed international Rail hoping on a train in one country and getting off in another amazing also the station will incleade scupltures and artifacts that were found during construction and will be on display on the main hall

the ticketing hall will be the largest in japan and the waiting room for the Arrivals as well since there will be Departures and arrivals but since this will be an international train station it will have secutiry of the JSDF, Japan custom and border patrol and the tokyo police force

platforms will be 8 platforms with platforms long enough for the trains and also wide enough also baggage vechiles will be on the platforms

the route will be on a tunnel till outside of serveral miles and then it will follow the tohoku and joetsu shinkansen mainly the joetsu shinkansen till it sepeartes and goes on its own tracks till it reaches the tunnel portal complex
Old April 29th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #7
Songoten2554

this appears crude as i drew another one later on but this my drawing of the tunnels a few months ago and well nobody really like this idea i wonder why its just like the Eurostar and the channel tunnel and all
Old April 29th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #8
Trainman Dave
systems rule!

I am sorry but I am confused. Where will your tunnel provide connection from Japan to??.

A connection from northern Japan to Shaklin Island, requires a tunnel to to mainline Russia. The was the Russian proposal and it was focus on freight which might be realistic if the flows were from resource rich Siberia to Japan but I doubt that manufactured goods from Japan to Europe would finance such a tunnel.

A connection from Japan to Korea would be at least 100 km with some very serious engineering problems.

What route are you proposing and what is the primary traffic which will pay for this route?
Old April 30th, 2007, 12:38 AM   #9
thainotts

Likes (Received): 8

I say a bridge is more viable than a tunnel but even then its still ridiculously difficult.
"สมบัติชาติ" ถ้าคนไทยบริหารแล้วห่วยลงๆ สู้ขายให้นายทุนฝรั่งมาบริหารยังจะดีกว่า เขาจะเอาออกนอกประเทศก็ไม่ได้ แถมการแข่งขันในตลาดเสรีก็ช่วยพัฒนา "สมบัติ" นั้นๆ อีกด้วย ....​ อย่าให้คนไทยกันเองดอง "สมบัติชาติ" จนมันเน่าเลยดีกว่า
thainotts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 01:30 AM   #10
Songoten2554

like i said the asiatunnels would be used for passengers and freight also the tunnels will be Dual guage meaning that it can support both Standard for the AsiaHSR and Shuttle and Narrow Guages with Frieght and the night trains including maintance

like i said before i got this idea from the channel tunnel and Eurostar and how it functions the same thing can happen to Asia just like the Channel tunnel did with Europe, Japan and the rest of Asia can be partners on a new allaince just like Europe did my goal with this plan is to link Japan with Asia and the rest of the world

passengers is the AsiaHSR: (which is the Asian Version of Eurostar but using a hybrid of Shinkansen and TGV technologies) Standard Guage, shaped like the JR 500 series and some of the trains will be double decked with elecitifed with overhead wire and will run on its own right of way but in some countries shared with other High Speed Railway example in Japan on the Tokyo international after that it will be in a tunnel and miles outside the city it will get to the eleveted section of the shinkansen and join it on a flying junction and will run on the Joetsu Shinkansen for a awhile till it departs on its own way for a few 10 miles before it heads to the complexies and then it heads to the portals of the tunnels

Destingations will be Japan the Hub of opreations (Tokyo International station) to China the second hub (bejing, shanghai, hong kong), Russia (volkstark where it will connect with the trans sibrean railway and the americanHSR which will connect to the states and canada including mexico), Taiwan (Taipei), South Korea (Soeul) maybe thailand (bangkok still thinking) and maybe Mayalsia i don't know yet its depot i still have to look where can the trains be stowed also the seating arrangents will be confortable and have Wifi internet connections that it works all the time even in tunnels food service is going to be on board and no smoking on trains sorry

Asiashuttle: that will transport cars, motocycles, buses, trucks and such to each of the tunnel portals and such like how the eurosuttle does and will have a huge terminal portal complexies for not only the shuttle standard guage also there will be rail yards within the complexies

Night Trains: aka romance trains as well since it can embark on other countries and all inculding a new night train called the Orient Asia Express will stop in several countries inculding China and japan and Russia and will use the tunnels complexies but will travel on regular lines not high speed rail lines there will be an area where the guages will be switched on board the train from narrow to standard and vice versa

Freight: freight trains will be using the tunnel complexies but they will not run on high speed rail lines they will run along regular lines in japan and asia in general same as the night trains there will be an area where the guages will be switched in order to run on the regular lines since it can't go on high speed rail lines from narrow to standard and vice versa

also there will be maintained and all the tunnels and the shuttle will be maintained by the Asiatunnels company and the AsiaHSR will use the tunnels and is not subjected to franchising as its another company like the shinkansen

i will explain the tunnels and how will they look like and how will they function
Old April 30th, 2007, 12:17 PM   #11
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62876

You know my doubts about the project from my comments in part 1, but I got another one.

I have doubts about the Asiashuttle, is there really a market for transporting cars between these countries? Currently there are lot's of regulations that make it difficult to put your Korean truck on a ferry to Japan. And I don't think Chinese registered vehicles are allowed to drive in Japan. This makes the current ferry market for trucks and automobiles between Japan and Korea small, most ferries are passengers only. In the case of the Eurotunnel, this was completely different. There was already a big trucking market between England and mainland Europe. So it was only logical that there would be shuttles through the tunnel. But these shuttles haven't replaced the ferries, they still operate with competing prices.
Coming back to the Asiashuttle, the market is to small and the prices will be to high to get any traffic. The trucks between Korea and Japan will still use the ferries because it's will be cheaper, and price is everything in trucking.

The Asiashuttle can never be economically feasible, just like the rest of the project, it's just too big and the market too small.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 03:28 PM   #12
FML

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
well nobody really like this idea i wonder why its just like the Eurostar and the channel tunnel and all
That's probably because two situations are completely different.

1. That strait is 34km long, while another is roughly 200km long. It may be technologically possible to have a tunnel for the latter, but the cost is prohibitive.
2. That country is next to dozens of democratic nations with roughly same ideals and economies, while another is next to not so very friendly nations, some of them not very democratic, some with very different economies, and one of them still shutting up its borders.

Quote:
like i said before i got this idea from the channel tunnel and Eurostar and how it functions the same thing can happen to Asia just like the Channel tunnel did with Europe, Japan and the rest of Asia can be partners on a new allaince just like Europe did my goal with this plan is to link Japan with Asia and the rest of the world
You are getting it other way round. The tunnel did not make a friendship. A friendship (and, economical demand) made the tunnel. We still don't have that in the latter case, whether we like it or not.

You are like saying "Let's make a tunnel between US and Cuba, it will make them new allies". It may sound nice, but I somehow doubt its operability.
FML no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #13
Songoten2554

hmm i guess my idea is far too ambitous for anyones taste i think but if i can send it to the asian governments then yeah in the future it will receive serious attention like how the channel tunnel was built in a way

but this supermega project will be one of the largest in the world and will cost alot but the benefits it will bring will be one of the greatest and Japan will be linked to Asia and the rest of the world a permient connection since the Ice Ages

anyways the tunnels and complexies including the Asiashuttle will be owned by an asian company with many international staff workers that will maintain the tunnels and the entry also the borders there will be towns that the people can rest and work and such

the rail yards will be huge i mean really big that you can see from a hill and see for miles like the channel tunnel yards

Last edited by Songoten2554; April 30th, 2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old April 30th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #14
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62876

My final question:

Does Japan really want to be connected with the mainland?
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #15
Trainman Dave
systems rule!

I am sorry, Songoten2554, but I am still confused. On your your sketch, you show a dotted line from the Joetsu line out to sea. This would appear to be the longest distance under water of any route between Japan and Korea, maybe 500 km.

Why did you choose this route rather than using the islands between Fuokoka and Busan which is less than 120 km? The alternative would be to build north to Shaklin Island and then on the the Russian mainline.

The other alternative if you are proposing an ultra long tunnel would the 750 km from the islands west of Nagasaki directly to Shanghai which would feed directly to the Chinese transcontinental route. That would be a heroic route! However it would a direct route to Central Asia and Europe.
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:53 AM   #16
Songoten2554

Old May 1st, 2007, 07:58 AM   #17
Sen

Likes (Received): 24

China linked to Japan with rail?
No thanks, it will just be easier for them to invade us.
Sen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 06:28 PM   #18
Songoten2554

but i told all of you that there will be massive security and border patrol that way passengers will feel safe while traveling

plus China will not invade japan i mean its not world war 2 anymore i am pretty sure that with this Asiatunnels project it will help them unite and also for ecomomics perpose because not only passengers but frieght well be used as well

each of the tunnels will be four across with the maintanince and polit tunnels as well

and well be like europe in a way there will be friendship and political and ecomical commernence between the Asian countries
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:56 PM   #19
Cherguevara

Likes (Received): 3533

The channel tunnel was first propose circa 1805. It opened in 1994. I would suggest that while one day Japan may be connected to the Asian mainland, that due to the current political and technical problems it is not a project that will happen overnight.
Cherguevara no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:35 AM   #20
Songoten2554

i know thats why i won't happen overnight it will take years in order to get it constructed but it won't happen overnight

i am saying if i email this or get a connection with someone in another country that to send it to the japanese and asian governments to keep it there until they decide to built but i agree with you it won't happen overnight it won't happen now but one day it will