daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 04:05 AM   #21
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

An Asia tunnel will not be possible. I've said it again and I will say it for the next 50 years. First of all Japan is located at an earthquake prone region, a tunnel that deep and long is dangerous. Plates shift and tunnels can crack as easily as an egg and how will you save the thousands of people trapped underneath? The other reason is cost, it will be BILLIONS of dollars and how many years will it take to actually earn back the cost of construction? Look at Eurostar its nearly bankrupt, I doubt people would sit in such long rides to mainland Asia when they can fly which is much faster, and where is your connecting point? If its South Korea then only S.Koreans and Japanese would benefit from it because N. Korea practically seals ground contact between China and S.Korea. I don't see a market for Passengers nor do I see a market for freight. A single container ship can ship tons of times more goods than a train and also more affordable considering the cost involved with this HSR freight train. A tunnel between China and Taiwan sounds much more possible than from Mainland Asia to Japan, and even that would be difficult to accomplish.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2007, 05:27 AM   #22
Songoten2554

Likes (Received): 87

so anybody agree or disagree with this i mean its a very well thought plan right or wrong?
Songoten2554 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:29 PM   #23
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songoten2554 View Post
so anybody agree or disagree with this i mean its a very well thought plan right or wrong?
Ambitious I would say, but won't happen. Time and cost is everything in the modern world.

So I would object to this project its a waste of money.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:02 AM   #24
Trainman Dave
systems rule!

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
How can it be well thought out? You have yet to tell us were the tunnel leaves Japan and where it connects to asia?
Trainman Dave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 01:17 AM   #25
SimFox

Likes (Received): 512

Quote:
What does this question suppose to mean?? Is that really aquestion at least to me it seems like you're simply trying to force people to agree with your ABSOLUTELLY UNPRACTICAL idea!
E-mailing it to governments!?! yeah right... if only those silly people could imagine things you can... my oh my...
SimFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #26
Songoten2554

i don't want the shinkansen going south to the tokiado shinkansen because it will overcrowed very easily so i decided to put it up north to follow the Tohukru and the Joetsu Shinkansen and it will go to a portal from there it will sepearte from there and will go from there to the portal i am thinking of that i know most people here don't think its not a good idea

the japan tunnel portal will be on a new reclamied island with a humangous rail yard like i described before

remember this idea i got inspired by the channel tunnel and maybe this idea will work for Asia just like the channel tunnel did for europe
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:23 PM   #27
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62876

That means that it will be bankrupt, even before the tunnel is finished, just like Eurotunnel fantastic financial results.

The project is just too big to make it possible, the risks are too high and there's no garanteed success. No private investers are ever going to invest in this project, there is no chance of any profit. It takes a lot of years to construct all the tunnels in the mean time you can't operate the whole system fully, you will find that the technology will changed by the time it's finished, you have to take a risk in not planning everything to go along with new inovations during the construction. That's makes it more expensive and uncertain for investors. And who's going to pay for the rising costs, Japan, Korea or China, I can only see conflict. Also there won't be a single insurance company in the world that's going to insure this thing, that means the finanancial risk for the goverments is just too big.

There also won't be any constructing companies that can build the tunnel in the route you propose. They simply can't do it, it's too big, they don't have the capacity and again no insurance. The risk of bankrupcy is too big when the costs spiral out of control during the decades of construction.

The final nail in the coffin: The Channel Tunnels are 150km/93mile (three tunnels) long and took 7 years to construct and the Seikan Tunnel (53km/33mile) between Honshu and Hokkaido took even 16 years. If you want to construct the 7 tunnels with your route, you have to dig more then 7,000 km/4,500 miles. You can only imagine that it would take more then 100 years to build with todays building techniques. They will even have to replace the TBM's because they will die before it's finished.

Unless you make it more workable like less and shorter tunnels, this only stays a fantasy project and even then it's highly unlikely.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 05:09 AM   #28
Songoten2554

hmm so i guess i am not getting winning votes on this man i mean i put up a fantastic project a dream to be peaceful its not only an important transportation link but an ecomoical and political promise of peace that i want to give it to the japanese and asian governments or someone connected to them but man all i get its turned down i even put up with the giant Rail Stations and the Fast Railways lines with frieght and such but no its get turned down

what i want to see is the shaking hands of for example the prime minister of Japan and the Prime Minister of China, the president of Taiwan, the prime minister of Russia bascially i want to see them and the royal familes of asia be at a cermiony of this great and massive project

there will be an Asia Alliance of a group of the Asian nations Russia is part of this that will support for projects such as this and the Alaskan Bejing Road and Rail bridge as well the Asia Alliance will be the largest in Asia and Asians will have pride and will be proud of their great transportation international Travel and well as a political and pride for the Asians i am not Asian but i think it will restore pride and power and such like how the Channel tunnel did for europe

i like the Channel Tunnel and its what inspired me to come up with this massive huge Rail project for Asia and if Europe can do it so can Asia the Channel Tunnel was built for the econmics and Political will and also the Transportation nessecity and so can Asia and Japan linked to the rest of Asia by Rail sounds exacting
Old May 10th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #29
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62876

Only Irie Saaya-chan can bring East Asia together!

No need for big construction projects!
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 04:03 AM   #30
thainotts

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
hmm so i guess i am not getting winning votes on this man i mean i put up a fantastic project a dream to be peaceful its not only an important transportation link but an ecomoical and political promise of peace that i want to give it to the japanese and asian governments or someone connected to them but man all i get its turned down i even put up with the giant Rail Stations and the Fast Railways lines with frieght and such but no its get turned down

what i want to see is the shaking hands of for example the prime minister of Japan and the Prime Minister of China, the president of Taiwan, the prime minister of Russia bascially i want to see them and the royal familes of asia be at a cermiony of this great and massive project

there will be an Asia Alliance of a group of the Asian nations Russia is part of this that will support for projects such as this and the Alaskan Bejing Road and Rail bridge as well the Asia Alliance will be the largest in Asia and Asians will have pride and will be proud of their great transportation international Travel and well as a political and pride for the Asians i am not Asian but i think it will restore pride and power and such like how the Channel tunnel did for europe

i like the Channel Tunnel and its what inspired me to come up with this massive huge Rail project for Asia and if Europe can do it so can Asia the Channel Tunnel was built for the econmics and Political will and also the Transportation nessecity and so can Asia and Japan linked to the rest of Asia by Rail sounds exacting
I'll be proposing a plan to eradicate poverty soon. I hope it doesn't get turned down because I've got good intentions. I even put a cure for AIDS in the plan!

No one doubts your intentions, mate. but like its been said time and time again, it isn't anywhere near practical.
"สมบัติชาติ" ถ้าคนไทยบริหารแล้วห่วยลงๆ สู้ขายให้นายทุนฝรั่งมาบริหารยังจะดีกว่า เขาจะเอาออกนอกประเทศก็ไม่ได้ แถมการแข่งขันในตลาดเสรีก็ช่วยพัฒนา "สมบัติ" นั้นๆ อีกด้วย ....​ อย่าให้คนไทยกันเองดอง "สมบัติชาติ" จนมันเน่าเลยดีกว่า
thainotts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #31
Songoten2554

i know that it will be expansive and that it will take many years i understand that i know it won't be easy but i am saying if i can devise a plan then it could work

but its up to the Asian Governments and their laws and plans if they can put this to work but i am not saying to build it right away i know it will take a long time and many revisions to make it work but i believe it can work it just will take time and to find the companies public and private to work with this

its just like the Channel Tunnel how it got started it was planned in the 1800's but it got serious attention after the world war 2 and then by the 1970's 1980's it was being built and completed in 1994

i am pretty sure it will be like that i am pretty sure it will be built but that it won't be easy i understand that so there is no reasons for saying it won't work it will it just will take time anyone agree to what i am saying?? or not???? be mature about this i am serious
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:40 AM   #32
Songoten2554

also i am trying to support this is that

because Japan has the Shinkansen, Taiwan has the High speed Rail, China has High Speed Rail that is being produced, Russia is going to have High Speed Rail very soon actually they have been constructing i believe

so with all this i think it was possible as the AsiaHSR will run on its own tracks but shared with the high speed railways of the country it has

i got to go but go on i would like more opinins of this massive project i am proposing
Old May 12th, 2007, 04:39 AM   #33
thainotts

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
i know that it will be expansive and that it will take many years i understand that i know it won't be easy but i am saying if i can devise a plan then it could work

but its up to the Asian Governments and their laws and plans if they can put this to work but i am not saying to build it right away i know it will take a long time and many revisions to make it work but i believe it can work it just will take time and to find the companies public and private to work with this

its just like the Channel Tunnel how it got started it was planned in the 1800's but it got serious attention after the world war 2 and then by the 1970's 1980's it was being built and completed in 1994

i am pretty sure it will be like that i am pretty sure it will be built but that it won't be easy i understand that so there is no reasons for saying it won't work it will it just will take time anyone agree to what i am saying?? or not???? be mature about this i am serious
first of all, the ability to plan it does not give it practicality. there is a difference between practicality and expensiveness, although there are also many overlaps.

if you're proposing something for 100 years in the future, don't claim to be "quite serious" about the project because you won't see it finished nor will you play any part in the design and construction of the project. no doubt many people have already thought about a tunnel between asia and japan, but most have had the good sense to abandon the idea. so you can't say you're idea is novel either. so let's leave it to our grandkids to invent some fantastic tunneling & construction technology. i'm sure they'll have a much better idea. or maybe they might conclusively say, "why bother"

can i suggest a career in science fiction?
"สมบัติชาติ" ถ้าคนไทยบริหารแล้วห่วยลงๆ สู้ขายให้นายทุนฝรั่งมาบริหารยังจะดีกว่า เขาจะเอาออกนอกประเทศก็ไม่ได้ แถมการแข่งขันในตลาดเสรีก็ช่วยพัฒนา "สมบัติ" นั้นๆ อีกด้วย ....​ อย่าให้คนไทยกันเองดอง "สมบัติชาติ" จนมันเน่าเลยดีกว่า
thainotts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 05:48 AM   #34
Songoten2554

so people are saying that it won't work i mean how did the channel tunnel work i thought Asia can do the same thing too they have high speed rail and all.

i don't have good planning all of you are right plus i don't make good planning because i am not a civil engineer and i suck at that i failed a test i had to take so thats why

i was hoping i could help out Asia to built a rail tunnel that will symbolies Asia like how the channel tunnel did for europe i mean i wanted to help out Asia to be you know to be more enviromentail friendly and to save the greenhouse gases that is destroying this planet

but now i realised that i can't anymore i don't know what to do anymore please anyone help me out i need help
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:00 AM   #35
Songoten2554

hmm i need artists to design the international Stations and all of them will be unique each reflecting the country its in

Japan: Tokyo international station will incleade paintings and abstracts of japan's history and contribution to a world from japan's prespercpition

and this goes well with the other countries that will have this magnicfient service anyways i will discuss more on this later
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:03 AM   #36
Sen

Likes (Received): 24

go google cost benefit analysis.
Sen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:47 PM   #37
Songoten2554

ok but yeah i heard something that this idea is not new who came up with this idea before and what they did with it?
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:55 PM   #38
Songoten2554

i have another idea for this big construction project

its also a way to link it with the rest of the world think about it

well anyways something has come up and well i thought about other international stations in japan there won't be alot just very little

for AsiaHSR there will be an international station almost near the japan portal but it will be still far from the complex this is for travelers that live nearby that don't have to go to tokyo international to hop on board but not alot of trains won't pass by there only a few will

also for tokyo international station not only paintings and abstracts will be there but artifacts found in the constuction will be there on display for the viewing public but will be in a glass enclosed pedastal this was an idea i got from the Athens Metro the way they have is artifacts and paintings on display its to make the station more user friendly in a way and to see histroic artifacts on display like a decoration
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #39
Songoten2554

the workers for this massive project will consist of International workers from all conerers of the world for this construction

this construction for the tunnels project will require TBMs Tunnel Boring machines including the approach to tokyo international station

the tunnels for the Asiatunnels will be prefrabicated with a tunnel type i seen in the discovery channel called Floating tunnels but will have the weight capcity to carry the trains and such
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:17 AM   #40
Kenwen
Mosher "K"

Likes (Received): 131

i think build towards korea is similar distance as britain n france, bt need 2 make n.korea agree 2 da plan as wel, n north n south korea r consultin about trains go through both countries, so might be feasible, dis wil be different 2 eurostar, consider china wil be da biggest economy, dis wil link the future biggest econmy n second biggest economy japan, n between is also the worlds 9th biggest econmy korea, so dis wil bring alot economic benefit. this will cut the delivery freight time from japan to europe that is currently operatin by ships which is much longer route

Last edited by Kenwen; May 15th, 2007 at 07:27 AM.
Kenwen no está en línea   Reply With Quote