daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 10th, 2007, 08:18 PM   #81
SimFox

Likes (Received): 512

ningxiard:
Nope this idiot shouldn’t be banned! Let him talk! There is one very good saying in Russian, and Finnish ”ones mouth is one's worst enemy”. Let him talk, let him show his true colors and this side of "splendid island nation" to the entire world to see!
What we need is more such Japanese participants so that NOBODY would doubt the WWII atrocities this “splendid nation” had committed and the fact that it hasn't changed deep done! that beneath thin veneer of "civilization" beats heart of stone age barbarian
If anybody than sensible Japanese members should demand him being banned as the only result of his rhetoric is a shame on all Japanese.
SimFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2007, 05:45 AM   #82
Songoten2554

Likes (Received): 87

so nobody wants to help me design the stations, the train cars, depot, Railway line, Map etc that

and nobody here seems to talk about the stations style and design the train cars and all that please people i need help with this
Songoten2554 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #83
SimFox

Likes (Received): 512

Do you mean help you? Or do it for you?
If first then you should really shouw what you have done on your own, if second I could be pretty sure (no disrespect, man, just realism) that the answer will be NO...
SimFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:52 AM   #84
Songoten2554

bump and i am bringing back this thread i want to make it clear that i know this will be a huge engineering project but i want people to understand what i want to do with this
Old July 3rd, 2007, 02:41 AM   #85
Songoten2554

well i still need to examine a route because the Sanyo shinkansen is a good route it can go on but problem is the traffic anyways it still needs to be examined even more
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:23 AM   #86
oddstyle

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
Only Irie Saaya-chan can bring East Asia together!

No need for big construction projects!
no doubt.........

lets get along people, cause the
aliens are comin'.....c",)............ CEBU is my TOWN!!!!!
oddstyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 07:07 AM   #87
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 511

LOL this is all pie in the sky stuff and clearly you're romancing the idea. You might as well build a bridge between Japan and Australia, it's just as realistic.

There is no detail, no real thought and most of what you talk about is fluffy nice Nozomi 500 cars running bewteen Asian continent because you think it will make Japan and Asia look stronger. Your drawings are nothing on substance, rather a realistic proposal would be looking at maps, oceanographic research, possible connection points and the biggest issue ... economic viability.

I am sure Japan, Korea, China and Russia have all considered ideas regarding rail connections, obviously they have all deemed it unworkable. I am also sure they had professionals and engineers with knowledge in the required fields debate and analyse necessary data. A few preschooler hand drawings, some lofty ideas of a rail super system and 'cavernous' stations are hardly going to start a revolution. Making Japan a rail hub is crazy too, beacuse it's at the end point of any system, making a connection to Canada and Alaska is as realstic as a train line to the International Space Station.

Japan doesn't need to be 'part of asia' it already is, they have arguably the most advanced technology and currently they have the most advanced rail network of any country in the world. They still rely heavily on 747s to transport through their local cities so why on earth would you think a train connection to the mainland would work? You are dreaming.

Last edited by Avatar; July 6th, 2007 at 09:44 AM.
Avatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #88
Songoten2554

what do you mean i mean this will be a super massive Rail construction project

yes because like i said this big idea i got inspired by the Eurostar and the Channel tunnel and i hope it will work the same with the asia like the channel tunnel worked with Europe i analyzed the channel tunnel and eurostar, euroshuttle i been inspired this idea by not only the Channel Tunnel and eurostar

but by the Channel Tunnel Rail Link or High Speed 1 its also an inspiration by this humangous engineering project

then i came up with this idea i been thinking about this project since the 11th grade in high school

plus it will set a great example to make the world linked by road and rail like global superhighway and SuperRailway trunk line

i mean the rail vechiles will be a fusion of JR shinkansen 500 Series and Eurostar Class 373 rail vechiles

the inteior will also have LED displays and pressuresed cabins when going thru the long Asiatunnels

and i would like to call these new rail vechiles class 550 series a fusion of both worlds

Eurostar and Shinkansen the chemsity works right there

many people have probably dreamed of this project Japan should be connected it will bring alot of commerance and passengers in a very efficent way and environmental friendly way
Old July 12th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #89
Trainman Dave
systems rule!

Likes (Received): 17

Songoten2554
I am still waiting for you to identify the proposed location of the tunnel. So far you have never stated specifically where the tunnel will be entered and exited. Once we know how the long the tunnel will be, then we can discuss the system design issues.
Old July 12th, 2007, 03:55 PM   #90
TRZ
Welcome to the Rail World

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songoten2554 View Post
remember the Tokyo International Station will be underground deep underground about 4 stories because the density that is around the Tokyo Station
Wow man, that's deep (pun intended).

I mean, 4 stories underground?! Marvellous.

It will be revolutionary!

Do you have any idea what exists below Tokyo Station area in existing railway services? The Yokusuka/Sobu tracks of Tokyo Station, are deeper than the Keiyou Line, and the Keiyou Line is about 4 stories already. Let's look at the complete list of underground traffic in the area, and also remember that these lines cross over each other, each consecutive perpendicular crossing becoming deeper than its predecessor. Other stations are located extremely close to Tokyo Station but go by a different name (they are a couple hundred metres away, maybe 300m or so, very close), these station names are in brackets.

You have to go underneat:
The JR Yokusuka/Sobu Line
The JR Keiyou Line
The Metro Marunouchi Line
The Metro Hanzoumon Line (Ootemachi Sta.)
The Metro Touzai Line (Ootemachi Sta.)
The Metro Chiyoda Line (Ootemachi)
The Toei Mita Line (Ootemachi)
The Metro Ginza Line (Kyoubashi)
The Toei Asakusa Line (Takarachou)
The Metro Yuurakuchou Line (Yuurakuchou)

This does not include existing underground services such as sewers, I'm not sure exactly where those would be in relation to the mess of subways that run through the Chuo-Chiyada ward border area that Tokyo Station happens to sit on. The area is also right beside the Imperial Palace which you cannot go under (all subways have been force to go around this massive property, considered to be potentially the world's most expensive piece of real estate, and all future underground rail would have to do the same).

Your station would probably have to be at least 10 storeys deep... more if you want to do that cavern stuff.

We're entering an age where subways are no longer viable in some cities because the costs of land and tunneling have gotten so high.

This so-called project is nothing short of utter absurdity.

The only way anything of this scale could possibly be considered, which is not yet technologically possible (but they're working on it somewhere, possibly at Japan's RTRI) would be
1) Probably a vaccuum maglev technology
2) Reache speeds faster than aircraft
3) Above ground as much as possible
4) Avoid bodies of water as much as possible
5) Avoid being like an airline instead of a trainline as much as possible
6) Fully segregated and not share track with other separately operated networks
7) Non-disruptive to the societies serviced
8) Be economically viable and marketable (and responsible)
9) Be politically palettable
10) Be adaptable and versatile, offering various services in various markets and locations while being capable of keeping up with changes in the world and technology (as appropriate).

You don't meet any of these.

Anybody that laughs at you is right to do so.

EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME transit geek
TRZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #91
FML

Likes (Received): 49

Besides, it's terribly difficult to have underground stations right below Tokyo Station. The current Tokyo Station (overground) is more or less floating above groundwater, and the water height has risen over years.
We could still make new underground "Tokyo Station" near the overground station, just like Yokosuka/Sobu, Keiyo, or Marunouchi lines did, but even the space for that is fairly limited. Making a huge new station, like something with 10 platforms, now that's completely impossible.

To Songoten2554

I know, and wholeheartedly agree, that 500 series Shinkansen looks handsome. But it has terribly few to do with the tunnel, not to mention the fact JR Central already got rid of 500s from Tokaido, thinking its design is outdated.
As Trainman Dave suggests, you can perhaps begin from telling us where exactly your planned tunnels will connect. By the word "where", I don't mean super-vague statements like "between Japan and Korea".

Even if you can show us a detailed plan, the viability of any routes are terribly low on the current situation. Still, when you don't show any technical details (of the tunnel, not trains nor stations), the viability is not "low", but zero.

(Correction: JR Central did not replace 500s yet. It is estimated they will within 2009.)

Last edited by FML; July 12th, 2007 at 09:09 PM.
FML no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:16 AM   #92
TRZ

I am sad to hear the 500s are to be phased off the Tokaido. Will they remain on the San'you? The 500s are, after all, JR West's model, not JR Tokai's/Central's.

Old July 13th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #93
FML

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ View Post
Will they remain on the San'you?
Most likely, it will.
What we know for sure is that JR Central and JR West are going to use N700 series for all the Tokaido-Sanyo direct Nozomi service within 2009. As of now, all the 500 series trains are used for the same service, so they will be used for something else. Since 500s belong to JR West, it's almost certain that 500s will not be used in JR-Central-owned Tokaido at the time, but will still remain in Sanyo.
Some speculate they will disappear from Tokaido as early as this year, but as of now, that still remains to be a rumour.
FML no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 05:27 AM   #94
Songoten2554

hmm your right how about the Tokyo International station near the regular Tokyo station but linked to Tokyo station

hmm but still its something i need to rethink of all this i will come up with something so umm just stay tuned ok
Old July 14th, 2007, 07:53 AM   #95
TRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML View Post
Most likely, it will.
What we know for sure is that JR Central and JR West are going to use N700 series for all the Tokaido-Sanyo direct Nozomi service within 2009. As of now, all the 500 series trains are used for the same service, so they will be used for something else. Since 500s belong to JR West, it's almost certain that 500s will not be used in JR-Central-owned Tokaido at the time, but will still remain in Sanyo.
Some speculate they will disappear from Tokaido as early as this year, but as of now, that still remains to be a rumour.
The 500s at Tokyo Station is kinda like a Toubu Express model in Nagatsuta... or a Keikyuu model at Narita.

Still... as far as aesthetics go... the N700 isn't near as sexy as the 500

Old August 1st, 2007, 12:43 AM   #96
Songoten2554

ok for the Tokyo international station then would be half the platforms i purposed and it will be 5 platforms instead of 10 to make it fit along the tokiado railway but it will be underground the caravern design will be lesser then what i called for but it will be more of a medium sized design similar to NYC Penn Station but more beautiful and impressive but will connect it to the Tokyo Station complex by passenger tunnels with escaltors

there will be two thru tracks for frieght and maintance thru the station to relieve Tokyo station also as a layout tracks for AsiaHSR trains there as well but the Tokyo International station will be served only by the AsiaHSR Trains

ok now for the tunnel portals i know all of you have been waiting for this since i am not an expert in this but i would say this

the two japan portals well the first japan portal will be located at the far northwest corner at Kyunshu i think thats where it will be located at, i think it will be better right there since it will connect to South Korea and for taiwan and china the second japan portal will be located southwest of Kyunshu but problem is that hmm but i think well still got to think of this
Old August 1st, 2007, 03:35 AM   #97
Songoten2554

also it will connect Vladivostok russia to connect it to the trans surbien railway and the North american international train that connect Canada, the states and mexico
Old August 1st, 2007, 07:45 PM   #98
Trainman Dave
systems rule!

Quote:
the two japan portals well the first japan portal will be located at the far northwest corner at Kyunshu i think thats where it will be located at, i think it will be better right there since it will connect to South Korea and for taiwan and china the second japan portal will be located southwest of Kyunshu but problem is that hmm but i think well still got to think of this
I appologise for my ignorance but I cannot find "Kyunshu" on any modern maps. You are trying to communicate on an english language thread so it would help us all if you could use the recognised english language versions of the Japanese locations. I recommend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefectures_of_Japan

If you were to use the towns listed here, we could all understand what you are trying to say.

Have you actually looked closely at a map of Japan, Korea and China. When you do, measure the lenghts of tunnels required.

My estimates are:
Nagasaki to Taiwan about 1000 km
Fukuoka to Korea about 250+ km
Hokkaido to Shalklin Island about 75+ km and another 300+ km of surface railway to connect to the Mainland.

These will require under water tunneling technology which far exceede anything in use to day

Last edited by Trainman Dave; August 1st, 2007 at 10:09 PM.
Trainman Dave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 07:46 PM   #99
Trainman Dave
systems rule!

Quote:
also it will connect Vladivostok russia to connect it to the trans surbien railway and the North american international train that connect Canada, the states and mexico
It is more likely to connect to the trans siberian express on the Amur river 300 to 400 km north of Vladivostok

There is more hope of a Japan to Russia connection than any Siberia to Alaska connection which is so far fetched that we will have a world government long before that plan is funded.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 07:18 AM   #100
Songoten2554

another idea why i got this proposal for this project is because i seen that

Taiwan has high speed rail and that it runs like the shinkansen so it can connect to taiwan now for that reason

China has high speed rail now on standard guage and well it has some tracks that have the Shinkansen and ICE style tracks and trains

South Korea has the KTX which is like a TGV and well it runs on standard guage i think but it has high speed rail

Russia in the future it will be connected with a high speed rail service to the americas and possibly more high speed rail service on the trans siburben railway and regular rail service on the Trans siburan railway

so all these countries have high speed rail and have good rail service thru out and it would be a great idea to connect them all