daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:39 PM   #101
TRZ
Welcome to the Rail World

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songoten2554 View Post
so all these countries have high speed rail and have good rail service thru out and it would be a great idea to connect them all
It's spelled Siberian, I beleive.

Anyway, no, it would not be a great idea because it would not be an attractive mode for international distances unless it can go faster than 500km/h. TGV can do it, technically, but existing lines do not have such high design speeds on any line today. For example, the Tokaido Shinkansen, although the rolling stock can attain speeds above 300km/h, the actual route alignment and curves etc., are not capable of accomodating speeds exceeding that (or at least not confortably). Also, you have to take noise into consideration. JR East recently bumped down speed upgrades on the Tohoku Shinkasen with the Fast Tech series that have yet to debut in revenue service, from 360 to 320km/h due to the very issue of noise, among other environmental impacts. There are problems associated with trains reach speeds comparable to those of smaller commercial aircraft, speeds that you would need to make this competitive. Tunnels make such speeds additionally complicated, as you will probably encounter "tunnel boom", among other issues.

EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME transit geek
TRZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:23 PM   #102
FML

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
the two japan portals well the first japan portal will be located at the far northwest corner at Kyunshu i think thats where it will be located at, i think it will be better right there since it will connect to South Korea and for taiwan and china the second japan portal will be located southwest of Kyunshu but problem is that hmm but i think well still got to think of this
Your plan is still surprisingly vague, but let's see how it will be like anyway.
First, these are the current longest underwater tunnels we have in reality:

Seikan Tunnel, 53.85 km (23.3 km underwater)

Channel Tunnel, 50,45 km (37.9 km underwater)

And these are your propositions.

...Do you really think it's feasible?

Quote:
also it will connect Vladivostok russia
I believe I've misunderstood, but you don't mean something like this, do you?
FML no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #103
Songoten2554

Likes (Received): 87

thanks for putting it up i want a visual to this great huge project anyways it does seem long but there are other ways it can be built

its possible it can be built but not really in tunnels and i am not saying only bridges but i have a plan about this
Songoten2554 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:41 AM   #104
Songoten2554

i am currently working on the logo for the AsiaHSR (the international High Speed Rail for japan to connect to Asia)
Old August 6th, 2007, 02:45 AM   #105
Songoten2554

and behold the new logo for the AsiaHSR trains that will have in it and yes what do all of you think??

the slogan says "japan's connection to asia and the world is here"

i been thinking of the route from japan to China and Taiwan and russia

maybe if it would be easier to make islands in between like say for a couple hundred miles and well it will go out to the island and back into a tunnel and will keep repeating that until it gets there or there is another way

i remember about a tunnel from New York City to england and the its a floating tunnel maybe it can be implanted the floating tunnel idea can be implanted

ok new plan it will be impossible to do an immerserd tunnel but a floating tunnel is a possiblity and it can work

since it will be deep in the ocean but it will not be in the bottom of the ocean since it it impossible but a floating tunnel can and will work
Old August 6th, 2007, 05:38 PM   #106
cold

Likes (Received): 0

The only way for it to work is Japan connect to Korea than china would build a tunnel to connect with south Korea. South Korea and China is not that far alway.

cold no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #107
Songoten2554

thank you cold for giving me a great idea thank you

yeah this could work including the floating tunnel i think the floating tunnel idea can work i seen it in the discovery channel about this and well it can work

remember what i said that well it could work

so does anybody here like my logo for the AsiaHSR?
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:25 AM   #108
Songoten2554

i have another idea i can add to this

well one of the reasons why i want it a high speed rail like the shinkansen instead of Maglev is because currently maglev cannot run on the same tracks as other railways can and its more expansive to built a seperate network while the shinkansen is there and its being used so there is an advantage of high speed railway running on conventional rail

meaning that the AsiaHSR will run on the railways of other high speed railways but will run on some of its own right of way

about the Tokyo International Station the reason i placed the international station in tokyo is because Tokyo is the nation captial of japan and its the heart of japan so its alot like the Eurostar

the Eurostar connects to three Capital Cities of each country England: London, France: Paris, Belgium: Brussels

so the same way that AsiaHSR will do it will connect it to Japan: Tokyo, China: Bejing, shanghai, Hong Kong, Taiwan: Taipei, South Korea: Soeul, (for russia it will not connect it to Moscow since its too far so it will have a station at Vladivostok instead)

it will run on overhead wires like the shinkansen and like i said before it will be run like the shinkansen mixed with the Eurostar, also it means that it will run on standard guage like the shinkansen and every other high speed rail in taiwan, china, south korea, and russia, including japan

Last edited by Songoten2554; August 7th, 2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old August 7th, 2007, 07:43 AM   #109
Songoten2554

the tickets will be at the price of a shinkansen ticket but since it will travel countries each country it will be paid on the currency of the country

for japan it will be in Yen i don't know the rest of the countries currencies yet

the Tunnels leading to Tokyo International Station will be four tracks underground across so it will be easier to divert a train if its damaged or broken down since in NYC with penn station they had problems recent with trains breaking down on a bottleneck to avoid this it will be Four portals for the four tracks and to make it easier

to make it easier as well the approach will begin far from tokyo two tracks will divearte from the shinkansen line and two tracks will different from the regular JR and Private railway lines they both will head to portals into the tunnels and there the tracks will become with both guages since that it will make it easier on Freight and AsiaHSR and maintance railway cars

this approach to Tokyo International it will grow from four tracks to 5 platforms and 12 tracks because two tracks will be thru tracks in the middle of the station for Freight Trains, Non renvune AsiaHSR Trains and also maintanice trains

Tokyo International Station will be a thru Station not a terminus it will be a terminus for the AsiaHSR service but there won't be a terminal like station because the tracks will keep going past the station and head to the yards and the Frieght will use it as a speedy alterntive route compared to the congested tokyo station will be changed to Tokyo Regional Station

as this will be a great alternative as well to Freight Trains in favor as it will be used to bypass Tokyo Station since its getting overcroweded but the right of way will only allow AsiaHSR trains, JR Frieght Trains and Maintiance trains no JR passengers will use the Tokyo International right of way

like i said before the Tokyo International will have up to date information a digital for the info about the trains and such there will be advertasiment and shops in the station and it will play music like classical music thru out Tokyo International as well as Tokyo Regional there will be a PTA system and it will have retails and lots of it there will be elevators and escaloters so people can head down to the platform unless they have a ticket and passport and such

it will have overhead wires as the electrical power for the trains in the station and outside the station the station would be powered by solar enegry as it will be one of the few stations in japan powered by solar energy as it will lessen the cost of power in the station for both tokyo regional and Tokyo international
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #110
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63064

Why would you allow freight trains to go through Tokyo International. You could better use the capacity in those tunnels for the passenger trains and I don't know if you thought about hazardous goods? Just divert those lines around the Tokyo centers to the industrial areas and the harbor, it's probably cheaper and safer.

And for "I don't know the rest of the countries currencies yet", come on, have you ever heard of Wikipedia? And it's only logical that you will pay with your local currency. In air travel you also don't pay with Dollars in Germany if you want to fly to America, so it's irrelevant.

And for Logo's hire professionals and better come up with a catchier name, Asia HSR (Asia HaSuLu in Japanese) doesn't sound that great. Better come up with a name that's more Chinese/Korean/Japanese, something with more swung.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #111
Songoten2554

what do you mean you don't like the logo

the logo is a very stylished Arrow that has alot of spikes which sounds cool and it means a very fast way of traveling its a cool looking arrow i designed ok i was in graphic design ok i think its a cool design whats wrong with the cool looking arrow??? its how i draw some of my logos

AsiaHSR is what i choose because it sounds easier to the public eye like Eurostar it catches with the people and people around the world can understand what it means

the problem with me saying in (chinese, korean, or japanese) is that it would be confusing to me and people who intead to use it

remember not only asians will use it but foreigners like me will use it and i am a Colombian american so the Asian Languages are launguages i don't understand and i can't make it easier to me

in China they have the China Railway High-Speed and its called CRH which makes it easier to the public and well the chinese as well

i think AsiaHSR makes sense since its Asia since it will be international and will go and connect Japan with Asia and it will be a high Speed Railway like the shinkansen hence the name AsiaHSR

AsiaHSR means "Asia High-Speed Railway"
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:39 AM   #112
Songoten2554

i want to say something what do you mean Professionals for the logo the logo looks awsome it kicks ass its a stylized arrow head cool huh
Old August 8th, 2007, 08:49 PM   #113
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63064

With professionals I mean real graphic designers. When it comes to reality just spend half a million on a logo, it's the normal way things like this are done. This logo is to bulky, it needs to be more streamlined just like the vehicles.

AsiaHSR is a good name for the company that operates the trains, but I think it should have a better "brand name". Not something that is logical but something that's sounds better and more pleasing to the ear, just like the premium Shinkansen services are named "Nozomi". But for names there are advertising agencies that would love to come up with a name and to turn it into a real brand. Don't expect it to be cheap, but since this project is already going to be mind blowingly expensive a million dollar won't hurt the budget.

Btw, how are you going to sell this project to the public when just 3 years before it opens a new environmentally friendly airplane propulsion will be introduced?
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:09 PM   #114
Songoten2554

what do you mean 3 years its not finalized yet i mean its not a finished project yet its a proposal but will be a project soon

oh its not the final look of the logo its just the begining of the design phase

i am trying to come up a very good design for the logo and about this project but its not easy

by the way i know this project will be expansive but it will be a dream come true for the japanese and the asian countries
Old August 9th, 2007, 06:52 AM   #115
Songoten2554

the japan portal is not going to be in Kynushu instead it will be in honshu the largest island of japan

as it heads for the Asiatunnel japan it will sepearte from the Sanyo Shinkansen and it will head in its own right of way and there will be an international station after the junction but there will be tracks that will pass thru the station without stopping for the higher express service of AsiaHSR it will be one of the important Park and Ride Stations in Japan

before it heads to the big yard before the tunnel to South Korea and another tunnel to China

for the Taiwan and Hong Kong services it will be starting from beijing or shanghai or Soeul or tokyo but depends its something i got to think about
Old August 12th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #116
Songoten2554

i think a yard for the AsiaHSR would be in the same yard that a shinkansen yards are because it would make sense and also it will involve more space for the construction of the depot and shelter for the AsiaHSR trains as well as the shinkansen
Old August 14th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #117
TRZ

You do realize that freight trains already use an underground Tokaido Freight Line near the Tokyo Station area, right? (Seriously, it exists). It comes to the surface around Tsurumi, between Kawasaki and Yokohama.

Old August 15th, 2007, 07:02 AM   #118
Songoten2554

the frieght lines all ready do have a freight railway line oh so ok that frees it up i guess of frieght hmm makes it easier i guess it can be just standard guage which now makes it easier for the AsiaHSR and the maintance trains for the service
Old August 15th, 2007, 01:28 PM   #119
TRZ

do some research before floating outrageous ideas.

Old August 15th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #120
Glodenox

Likes (Received): 655

Just a *tiny* detail that made the Channel Tunnel possible and will most likely make these proposals impossible: there was a chalk layer in which the tunnel was drilled

I highly doubt there's such a layer of ground that allows the drilling of a tunnel :s Any other material makes it a lot more expensive to drill an underwater tunnel.

What would seem to be a possibility would be Vactrains. But the question remains: is it economically feasible?

- Greetz Glodenox
Glodenox no está en línea   Reply With Quote