daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 20th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #141
Songoten2554

Likes (Received): 87

well i am sorry to say about the japan section i was getting to discuss to the other countries as well

i also choose coventienal high speed rail because i was inspired by the eurostar and the channel tunnel and i thought since the channel tunnel connects UK with the rest of europe

since i was inspired by this idea of the channel tunnel and eurostar remember i was inspired by the channel tunnel and eurostar i wanted to make it

ok for the other countries and finally i am going to dicuss this

for South Korea AsiaHSR will stop at the Soeul south station i presume where there is the KTX trains
Songoten2554 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2007, 11:00 PM   #142
Songoten2554

also like i said before the AsiaHSR Rail Vechiles will be a Fusion of the Shinkansen JR West 500 Series and the british Rail Class 373 which uses eurostar

its like this a Shinkansen train Plus with a Eurostar TGV equals a fast and great international High Speed Rail

its a combination of efforts of Asia and the rest of the developed western world and well its a combination of eastern and western customs as it will be an international High Speed Rail Service like the Shinkansen and Eurostar Combined and with new technologies

like Glass Cockpit technolgies and will be the first to have LCD screens as to read the speed and the mechanics for the train and such

the carriages will be the same size and Length as the Shinkansen 500 series and Class 373 but the AsiaTunnels will have the largest Loading Guage in the world next to the Channel Tunnel itself

the trains will have a movie screens on board like an aircraft so passengers may see a movie while traveling on the AsiaHSR but also there will be windows so they can see the outside world while traveling at Shinkansen and Eurostar Speeds

i am thinking of doing how the shinkansen does for passengers for food and drinks in that they serve them like an aircraft with the food and drinks carts or do how eurostar does it that they have a buffet car a rail car that has food and drinks

i think a fusion look and power of these two vechiles would be awsome in a way
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:07 AM   #143
Songoten2554

anyways i want to put up a video i mean i don't have computer animation on this but its from the channel tunnel and eurostar

where this inspiration of this idea came from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EODZGHi21B0

this is a video of exiting the channel tunnel on the UK side and well it is going fast here and this is how the AsiaHSR will exit the tunnel like that at that speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huJZhmnqPZY

this is a video of the the eurostar entering to the channel tunnel from the french side and well it is going fast so its as good

just a proof on this that it could work with regular high speed railway and i trust that then maglev for this project since it worked for the channel tunnel and eurostar
Old August 21st, 2007, 06:29 AM   #144
TRZ
Welcome to the Rail World

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songoten2554 View Post
i also choose coventienal high speed rail because i was inspired by the eurostar and the channel tunnel and i thought since the channel tunnel connects UK with the rest of europe

since i was inspired by this idea of the channel tunnel and eurostar remember i was inspired by the channel tunnel and eurostar i wanted to make it
Doesn't mean anything and doesn't change the fact that it is an absurd way to tackle the proposed routes.

EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME transit geek
TRZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 09:43 PM   #145
Songoten2554

also another project arose this is not my idea but of the governments of spain and monoroco is the Gibraltar Tunnel and well i now created a thread of it now but it perfectly explains about the project

the thing also with Regular High Speed Rail what is great and i think is great for this project is the example given by the Channel Tunnel and thats why this project was inspired from it

also i understand about the maglev but the thing is it hasn't proven to be usable outside the maglev section and into the regular high speed rail tracks and i don't know what kind of machine can do that?

maglev is great and i understand that people want that but what i am trying to come up is a project that its not only in use by only high speed rail but also with other rail services as well

in other words i am trying to accomplish what the channel tunnel and Eurostar did manily trying to do it in Asia where it can happen and its possible

the high speed rail sections for the AsiaHSR well since i am going to say this

i already discussed about japan so i will discuss on the other countries as well

for south Korea it will run on its own Right of way and also mixed with the Korean high speed railway (KTX)

for China it will run on its own Right of way and mixed with the CRH (China Railway High Speed)

for the segment to Hong Kong it will take advantage of the new rail project of high speed rail on the hong kong section called the "Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong Express Rail Link" and it will take advantage of that part of the railway as well

at first i was going to use the east rail segment of the KCR but since i now heard of this project i decided it would be wise to send it thru this new railway right of way

international Night Trains and frieght also other rail serivces can use the East and West Railways from the KCR

for the Taiwan segment will the AsiaHSR service will start service in China in bejing, Hong Kong, or Shanghai and it will go on a AsiaTunnel from china to Taiwan where it will connect to the Taiwan high speed rail and terminate in Taipei main station

for the russia segment the AsiaHSR will run on its own right of way the whole way from china ( so it won't go to North Korea) to russia into Vladivostok station where there is the Trans-Siberian Railway, Russia high speed rail ( i think because i heard that russia is having a high speed rail) and the purposed of the international Americas Rail service to service north, central and South americas
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:34 AM   #146
Songoten2554

so anyways any views about this and well it does require alot of work to get started
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:34 AM   #147
Gaeus
500-Internal Server Error

It will be possible to Make those Asiatunnels but there are some serious diplomatic problems that may cause some conflicts of those nations. For example, "NORTH KOREA". If there will be an Asiatunnel, the first proposal will be between Fukouka, Japan and Busan, Korea because they are the nearest. However, they have to wait until the Korean countries will unite so that South Korea can make such railways going to China and Russia specifically Beijing and Vladivostok.

Can China and Japan connected with an Asiatunnel? Its possible but its going to be worth A LOT OF MONEY! I don't think its worthy to build one. Plus, the relationship between China and Japan is still not considered that good so I guess they have to wait for the next generation or two or maybe they have to wait for the other generation (World War II and Korean War generation) to disappear.

Can the powerful tectonic earthquakes and typhoons be a serious or imminent threat? NO! If they do it the right way. Just like how the tunnel underneath Golden Gate Bridge were built for their trains. However, a tunnel between China and Japan can be riskier than the one in Korea and Japan.
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:46 AM   #148
TRZ

Quote:
also i understand about the maglev but the thing is it hasn't proven to be usable outside the maglev section and into the regular high speed rail tracks and i don't know what kind of machine can do that?
I already told you how to do that, why is it that you never read a word other people post? It is exceptionally rude to keep repeating yourself and ignore others' responses to your questions.
China has in fact demonstrated an inverted (or suspended) maglev model. This leaves the underside of the train available for conventional bogies, or at least a connector piece to the bogie. It is complicated engineering, but this is physically possible, and if the transition is done at a station where all trains stop, it is probably practical. I wouldn't want to do a high-speed transition though, that'd be dangerous (going from conventional to maglev, at least... maglev to conventional would probably be much easier).

Quote:
and the purposed of the international Americas Rail service to service north, central and South americas
It won't get built.

Old August 27th, 2007, 07:18 AM   #149
LMCA1990
Top tier

Likes (Received): 3608

I envy Japan's rail infraestructure.
Old September 5th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #150
Songoten2554

the asiatunnels will function similar to the channel tunnel where i got the inspiration all i am saying if it worked for europe then it can work for Asia and it can be possible

i am not saying North Korea to be connected i said south korea not north

anyways what i purpose on the Asiatunnels of the yards is massive and the reason is cargo, freight, ferry transports, international Night Trains and also the control centers as well also to lay over trains and such

this what i have the pics of the euroshuttle but since the asia tunnel and the asia shuttle will operate the same way the channel tunnel and euroshuttle travels and works then it will be similar in a way but with differences

the tunnel section between japan and south korea will be dual guage both narrow and standard will use that section of the japantunnel of the asiatunnels
Old September 27th, 2007, 06:08 PM   #151
[email protected]
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

a construction cost is the difficult problem.
naw, oil money flows into Russia.
But the ten years next...

The reconciliation of the issue of history will be necessary.
Unfortunately conceited nationalism rages in China and Korea, maybe japan.
p-s-30@za2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 04:21 AM   #152
Songoten2554

thank you for bringing my thread back

yes i do agree its expansive but it will be paid off in a well manner and also this will help not only passenger rail but Freight as well

and plus the tunnel will be elitctifed at over head wires and the same elctrical power as the shinkansen since it will be using Shinkansen and TGV technology

the Eurostar is a TGV derevid technology meaning it came from the TGV but the thing is that the loading guage was made smaller because of the british rail infuranstruce

good advantage of the AsiaTunnels is that there will be Dual Guage on the japan section of the tunnel since Japan is narrowed gauge except the Shinkansen which is standard guage
Old September 28th, 2007, 04:35 AM   #153
Songoten2554

i know not many people agree with me on this and yes they have the right not to but

ever since i looked at the channel tunnel and i looked on how it operates i looked how they did it then it sparkled me an idea a bold idea that will change the face of Asia forever and that is

the grand scheme of things and that is what i call the Asia United International Railway Project the (AUIRP) and the Asia Tunnels and the AsiaHSR will be part of this project

the Asiatunnels will be owned and maintained by a separate company called the Asiatunnel corp. this includes the Asiashuttles will be part of this company too plus they will order new rail vechiles from bombardiar, alstrom or kawasaki??

AsiaHSR will not be a subject of Franchising and its service will be similar to the Eurostar and Shinkansen combined

Freight Rail will be used on the Asiatunnels but will not go on the AsiaHSR right of way and will go on the country's normal rail system but will pay a toll on the Asiatunnel Corp. to use the tunnels

the freight companies will pay tolls to pass thru the asiatunnels its another great way for the company to get income

maybe this can work for the eurotunnel as well for freight
Old September 29th, 2007, 12:56 AM   #154
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62876

Don't make it too expensive for the freight trains.

Since Eurotunnel increased the fee for using the tunnel recently the amount of freight trains that wasn't too high already even further dropped. There are fewer trains now then before the tunnel was opened and the trains used to to take the rail ferry. EWS claims the costs are just too high to run freight trains through the tunnel, maybe this will change when the EWS take over by Railion is completed. And there aren't to many other rail freight operators that want to start new 'open access' services through the tunnel.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2007, 11:13 AM   #155
TRZ

I think you need to show some competency here before ranting endlessly about pipe-dreams like this... and pipe-dream is an understatement for this one.

For example, after several trial-and-error calculations in fincances and demographic data combinations, as well as route alignments, I came up with a 7km maglev route with an operational speed of 200km/h (max speed 300km/h) for an investment level of about 400 million, and makes around 45 million a year. Debt would be fully repaid including interest in about 15 years (calculations do not, however, include inflation). After clearing the first phase's debt, another 300 million investment could see the route double in length and increase its revenue past 65 million a year.

First prove that you can think small... then think big.

Quote:
british rail infuranstruce

Old September 29th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #156
Songoten2554

its not a pipe dream its an idea that i came up with

TRZ: i am sorry for the mispronunciation of infrastructure i am really sorry
Old September 29th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #157
TRZ

Quote:
its not a pipe dream its an idea that i came up with

TRZ: i am sorry for the mispronunciation of infrastructure i am really sorry
Do you know what the term "pipe dream" even means???

You can't mispronounce anything on a message board as we can't hear your voice. You just can't proofread to save your life.

Old September 30th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #158
Songoten2554

TRZ: i said i am sorry ok i am really really sorry you are right i am wrong

then again i don't know if i can continue with this all of you said its impossible all of you are right i am wrong i am really wrong and stupid to think this can happen

i thought i can go with this but all of you said its right (looks sad and ashamed at my stupid idea)
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:50 AM   #159
Songoten2554

i have rethought of this and well i think i have come up with several new reasons but anyways i decided to make some changes but not complete changes

i wanted to show a video of what my inspiration for this idea came from and the scale of the channel tunnel the Eurostar and high speed 1 which is the channel tunnel Rail Link and the Shinkansen was my inspiration to come up with this giant and huge purposal project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE0JYJRYgGc
Old November 13th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #160
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62876

To bad Discovery Channel doesn't show any critical documentaries. As for the Channel tunnel, they will only praise the technical marvel that it is but they won't mention the financial disaster it has became. It's saved now, but only because some companies took some serious financial losses only to prevent even more losses in the future.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote