daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Low-Rise

Low-Rise projects with ten floors or less

Old May 20th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #41
lesart

Likes (Received): 7

Anyone know who is the architect?
lesart no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 7th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #42
James Foong

Likes (Received): 2

June, 2008

Putrajaya Maritime Lake:

Alam Warisan and Maritime complex:

Alam warisan site board:

Hotel schedules for october 2008 opening:
James Foong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #43
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1429

by AbahUjang

image hosted on flickr
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:24 PM   #44
nazrey

by icapture2008

image hosted on flickr
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:14 PM   #45
nazrey

by spOt_ON

image hosted on flickr
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:14 PM   #46
nazrey

by spOt_ON

image hosted on flickr
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #47
nazrey

by spOt_ON

image hosted on flickr
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:18 PM   #48
nazrey

by spOt_ON

image hosted on flickr
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:22 AM   #49
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 724

the hotel must be related to dis http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=699308
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 02:32 PM   #50
nazrey

A Frenchman’s love for Asia
Saturday September 20, 2008
By LUM YI HWA
TheStar

Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside Hotel’s Patrick Sibourg began his career in the hotel industry at the age of 22 as a general manager. He tells us about his meteoric rise to the top.

AS we sat down in the mock room in the Borneo wing for the partly finished Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside Hotel for the interview, Patrick Sibourg the hotel general manager, looked warm in his jacket. But when asked if he was used to the heat of Malaysia (he has only been here in Malaysia for the past nine months) he grins and nods.

“I’ve worked in Indonesia for 13 years,” says the French hotelier whose wife is an Indonesian citizen. When he had to make a decision to move either to China or Malaysia, it was easier for his wife to be in Malaysia.

Not that he minded making the move to Malaysia. With the almost similar lifestyle and culture, Malaysia wasn’t that big a change for him.

Getting Lucky

Sibourg got his lucky break right from the start.

He studied in a famous hotel management school in Switzerland and after he graduated in 1979 he started looking for a job in a hotel in France.

And when Sibourg landed an interview with a hotel owner, he was given the job which he immediately said yes to.

“I signed the contract with the owner and went to the hotel. The general manager was shocked to see me as he wasn’t informed that I was joining the hotel,” Sibourg laughs and added that the manager had to give him a room anyway.

“Two days later, the owner of the hotel gave me a call and asked if I had a pen and some paper and he needed me to write a letter. Wait, this gets better! He wanted me to write a letter of dismissal to the general manager. There was nothing much that I can do but to hand the general manager the letter the next morning. I can imagine that he wasn’t too happy about it,” says Sibourg before bursting into laughter.

Two days later, the guy left and Sibourg became general manager of the hotel at the age of 22.

“So when people ask me if it was hard for me to work through the ranks to reach my current position or what sort of background I was from, I have to honestly tell them that it wasn’t too hard at all. I was general manager from the time I started working in a hotel!” he says.

Once in a hotel kitchen where he worked for a few months, the chef who had been giving Sibourg a tough time asked him what he wanted to do in life.

“I told him I wanted to be GM and he asked me when, to which I answered ‘As soon as possible’. Six months from then I hired the same person as my executive chef,” he says while adding that the chef was so happy for him.

Sibourg also admitted that he was grateful for the people working around him as they had given him lots of invaluable advice as he hasn’t got much experience when he first started working. Sibourg stayed on in the hotel for another six years and went on to work for another nine years in France before he moved to Asia in 1994.

He also did a short stint in Cuba before coming back to Asia again.

Asian Connection

Sibourg loves Kuala Lumpur because it’s a cross between Jakarta and Singapore. It’s a balance, he says, that combines the freedom of Indonesia and the cleanliness of Singapore.

When asked if he prefers Malaysia (compared to Indonesia), he jokingly says, ‘I’ll never say that because my wife is Indonesian. If I do, there will be war at home tonight!”

It took Sibourg a lot of time before he got used to his new lifestyle in Asia.

I love Kuala Lumpur says Sibourg at the balcony of the Borneo block

“When I first arrived in Surabaya, Indonesia, from France there was someone who was supposed to pick me up from the airport. Turns out that they forgot about me.

“I was stuck in the airport for three hours while I waited my pick up. Throughout that time, all I thought of was if I should take the next flight back because I really wasn’t used to the environment,” he says.

Now Sibourg calls Indonesia home and he even owns a house in Bali.

“I love the peaceful environment and I consider Bali as my second hometown, it’s my favourite holiday destination. But now with the Malaysia My Second Home program, I am considering getting a place here as well. A friend of mine has been telling me all sorts of nice things about Penang,” he smiles.

Sibourg’s 22 year old daughter is doing her training in Jakarta. He also has two young girls, age 7 and 5.

When asked if his eldest daughter aspired to follow Sibourg’s footstep, he says that she wanted to do ‘something like what daddy is doing’.

His daughter has now finished her studies and is looking forward to a job in either Malaysia, Singapore or Indonesia. Sibourg also thinks it’s easier for a French national to get a job in Southeast Asia.

Tree for a child

When asked about the challenges he face while at work, Sibourg says while he face many challenges at work there is nothing harder than having to get through two divorces.

“It’s a tough decision and the two times I got the divorce, I ask myself what can I do with my life? It’s always a question of what to do, where to go and with whom?” he says while adding that he is now happily married for the third time.

He also spoke passionately about A Tree For A Child, a programme supported by Accor Group that is developed specifically in protecting children in need.

“This program allows us to help the orphans and at the moment, we are taking care of 17 children from Kompleks Kebajikan Rukaiyah Amal in Bangi that we hope to eventually employ to work in the hotel,” says Sibourg.

Instead of giving them a sum of money, Sibourg explained that they want to create job opportunities for them and when this program takes off, all hotels in Kuala Lumpur will also be able to participate in this program.

The hotel is also in the midst of developing more environmental friendly measures to ensure that they do their part. Apart from a few electricity saving features in the room, Sibourg also plans to use rainwater collected from the roof of the hotel to water its lush gardens.

Sibourg is getting used to the local food and he found his favourite in Nasi Padang. He has also recently discovered mamak food. When asked if he would rather go back and work in Europe, Sibourg says, “I don’t think so!”
Old September 21st, 2008, 09:25 PM   #51
nazrey

Pullman Putrajaya to open doors in November
By Vasantha Ganesan Published: 2008/09/22
BusinessTimes

THE long abandoned hotel project in Precinct 5 Putrajaya will finally open its doors on November 1 - some seven years after the project started.

Previously known as Alam Warisan, the hotel is now rebranded as Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside. The hotel is owned and developed by Putrajaya Holdings, while French hotel and services group Accor SA will operate it.

General manager Patrick H. Sibourg said the hotel, which is an upscale hotel with business people in mind, will open in phases between November 2008 and January 2009.

"Originally, there were four different blocks with four different hotels - the China Block, the Indian Block, the Borneo Block and the Malay Block. However, it is difficult to have four different hotels in the same compound.

"So the direction was changed to have one hotel, but to keep the identity of the hotel and the unique experience of Malaysia's multicultural background," Sibourg told Business Times.

Accordingly, the four blocks, which have also had a name change to Lotus Wing (China), Bunga Tanjung (Malay), Jasmine Wing (Indian) and Rafflesia (Borneo), will be run by a single operator.

This hotel has 283 rooms, including 34 serviced apartments and 24 suites. Each block portrays the respective ethnicity in the architecture and ambience.

The hotel's target group is the meeting, incentive, convention and exhibition (MICE) market. For a start, it will be ready to accommodate delegates of the International Water Skiing Festival to be held at the Putrajaya Lake.

"On November 1, we plan to open the Jasmine Wing and the Rafflesia with a total of 165 rooms. The opening will be in time for the International Water Skiing Festival to be held between November 7 and 9 at the lake in front of the hotel," Sibourg said.

Meanwhile, Sibourg is positive on the performance of the hotel despite adding to the number of rooms already available in the Putrajaya.

In 2009, he expects the hotel to achieve 65 per cent occupancy and an average room rate of RM230.

When asked where the confidence on its performance stems from, he said: "We are the only large international hotel in Putrajaya."

Pullman Putrajaya expects to attract a huge corporate and government crowd predominantly from Cyberjaya and Kuala Lumpur while a smaller number of leisure travellers is expected on weekends.

The hotel has 21 meeting rooms and five food and beverage outlets called The Village (a floating restaurant), China Bar and Lounge, B's (a 220-seat restaurant with a show kitchen), The Deli @ Pullman and Bar On Third.

It also has a 250-seater lakefront and open-air amphitheatre as well as team-building facilities.
Old September 24th, 2008, 02:05 PM   #52
nazrey

by pjonillussion

image hosted on flickr
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:16 AM   #53
nazrey

by pjonillussion

image hosted on flickr
Old October 4th, 2008, 02:30 AM   #54
nazrey

Putrajaya hotel all set for soft opening
Saturday October 4, 2008
By GEETHA KRISHNAN
TheStar

THE modern minaret-like structures on top of a complex across a discreet corner of the Putrajaya Lake have attracted the attention of many visitors to the nation’s administrative capital.

No, the complex is not a mosque or a museum as is generally assumed or perceived by many people.

It is the Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside Hotel.

Good view: A view of the lake from the hotel.

The hotel’s soft opening is scheduled to coincide with the 5th leg of the International Water Ski Federation (IWSF) Waterski and Wakeboard World Cup series from Nov 7 to 9 at the neighbouring Water Sports Complex in Precinct 6.

Finishing touches are still being done on the Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside but general manager Patrick Sibourg is confident that it will be ready to open on time.

Sibourg explained the unique concept behind the hotel to StarMetro during a recent briefing and tour of the complex.

According to Sibourg, Pullman Hotels and Resorts took over the Putrajaya lakeside hotel management in 1997.

Work in progress: Sibourg is confident the hotel will open in November.

“Our rooms are designed around the multi-cultural ethnic influences. For a touch of Borneo, the lakefront Rafflesia rooms are fitted with timber pillars and hand-woven wall hangings,” Sibourg said.

The Jasmine rooms, meanwhile, radiate with the charms of mystical India. In one finished room, there were brass lanterns and small recesses in the walls and the frames inlaid with mosaic, reminiscent of Moghul design.

The Bunga Tanjung rooms have a Malay theme with traditional fittings like wood carvings.

The Lotus Ming rooms highlight the oriental effect with exquisite tapestry.

According to Sibourg, the, hotel will offer 283 rooms, suites and apartments with the added convenience of 21 meeting rooms.

Impressive: The centre of the four wings of the
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside features a clock tower.

Sibourg is especially proud of the hotel’s 250-seat open air amphitheatre located on the lakefront.

“Not many hotels can offer such a facility,” he said.

Sibourg also pointed out the other modern facilities like WiFi and LCD TV sets that the hotel provides for guests.

Extending out to the lake is The Stilts, promoting al fresco dining, and the Bar On-The-Lake, serving, among others, Asian and Mediterranean cuisines.

The other fancy and delightful food outlets are the B’s, China Bar & Lounge, The Deli and Bar On Third.
Old October 10th, 2008, 05:54 AM   #55
nazrey

by oh.sharon

image hosted on flickr
Old October 10th, 2008, 05:56 AM   #56
nazrey

by oh.sharon

image hosted on flickr
Old October 19th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #57
nazrey

Accor’s Flagship Pullman Brand Expands in Malaysia

Accor’s upscale Pullman brand adds another prestigious hotel to the country’s administrative capital – Putrajaya, with the opening of Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside in November 2008.As a prestigious name in hospitality, the Pullman name derives from the opulent Pullman railway carriages that changed the face of overnight railway travel in America – and later in the UK and Europe from the 1860s. Pullman, specifically designed for business travelers, is also Accor’s premier business meeting brand. Pullman prides itself on providing the very best in Meetings, Incentives, Conference and Events (MICE). Typically located in the heart of large regional and international cities and close to major airports, Pullman hotels will provide creative services and excellent meeting facilities that distinguish the hotels from other brands in the market.

The brand’s main ambition is to provide an offer that creates a balance between convivial hospitality, tranquility and connectivity for men and women traveling on business and whose expectations are not entirely met by the market’s current offers.

Located at the shores of the Putrajaya Lake, the stunning Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside’s magnificent architecture, ethnic yet stylish and thoughtful innovation, is the perfect blend of state-of-the-art business hotel and tranquil resort getaway. Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside is adjacent to Putrajaya International Convention Centre (PICC) and Putrajaya Maritime Centre that host various world-class events. The hotel is only 20 minutes drive by car via the Kuala Lumpur – Putrajaya Expressway. KLIA International Airport is a mere 15 minutes drive from the hotel. Served by a network of highways, the hotel is highly accessible from all parts of the country.

Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside was meticulously crafted to depict architecture and ambiences that are distinctively ethnic Malay, Chinese, Indian, and of the Borneo continent to give hotel guests the unique experience of Malaysia’s colourful heritage and an amalgamated culture. The hotel is indeed the first ‘Malaysian Icon Hotel’.

Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside has 283 well-designed rooms, suites and serviced residences, 5 food and beverage outlets namely B’s, The Village, China Bar & Lounge, Bar On Third and The Deli @ Pullman. Each creates an innovative dining experience catering to the tastes of hotel guests and local residents.

An oasis for business travellers, Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside seeks to exceed the expectations of hotel guests in comforts, commitments, connectivity and cohesion, with seamless technology and highly sophisticated business and ballroom facilities, which make every event be it meetings, seminars or banquets, a success. The 9-metre high ceiling ballroom has the versatility to house large incentive functions and wedding receptions of up to 1,000 guests or small private parties. There are 21 fully equipped meeting rooms and board rooms plus a 250-seater lakefront, open-air amphitheatre, all of which are supported by impeccable service.

Leisure facilities include a spacious and state-of-the-art fitness centre, one of the country’s largest signature spa with 6 treatment rooms and 11 spa suites, kid’s club, games room, swimming pool, kid’s pool and team building facilities. Or guests can enjoy various water sports activities or leisurely cruise at the Putrajaya Lake.

Old October 25th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #58
nazrey

by spOt_ON

image hosted on flickr
Old October 25th, 2008, 01:28 PM   #59
nazrey

by spOt_ON

image hosted on flickr