daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 28th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #121
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 287

Press Release

Rakeen reaches two storeys in construction of residential buildings of Bab Al Bahr

Superstructural work progressing as scheduled while amount of concrete poured daily now increased to 2,000 cubic metres

May 28, 2009
Rakeen, one of the region's most dynamic property developers and master planners, has announced that it has reached two storeys in the construction of residential buildings of the AED 1 billion Bab Al Bahr project, the centrepiece development of the Al Marjan Island, the first man-made island in the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. Rakeen has further revealed that it continues to progress smoothly with superstructural work as the project stays well within schedule of the planned mid 2010 completion of the first residential units.

Rakeen disclosed that ground floor and first floor slabs are likewise progressing well. Steel reinforcement works, and concrete pouring and casting have remained in full speed, with the amount of concrete being poured increasing by the week up to, at times, 2,000 cubic metres per day.

Herbert Krause, Director of Development, Rakeen said: "On-site progress of the Bab Al Bahr project is ongoing as scheduled. Rakeen is working closely with all the consultants and the construction teams to ensure timely completion and handover as all of us are aware of the importance of this signature project of Al Marjan Island."

"Moreover, in these times of global economic challenges, the proper handling of this project will send out the right message to investors and the public and boost their confidence in the strength and resiliency of the Emirate and the strategic leadership of H.H. Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah. We also warmly welcome investors and the public to contact our offices for further information or visit the site and personally witness the construction progress," added Krause.

Ghassan Youssef, Managing Director, Rakeen, said: "The management is firmly focused on completing this unprecedented development as we have pledged to honour our commitment to our customers. The successful completion of this project will not only benefit the investors, but on a bigger scale it will also contribute in sustaining the economic development and sustainability of Ras Al Khaimah. All parties involved in this project have performed remarkably well and we make sure that they have our full support. As a result of the excellent teamwork in the development of this project, Bab Al Bahr, on the peninsula of Al Marjan Island, has been recognised as one of the most sought-after developments in Ras Al Khaimah."

Upon completion, Bab Al Bahr will comprise 136 studio apartments, 356 one-bedroom apartments, 236 two-bedroom apartments and 104 three-bedroom apartments. Among the luxurious amenities being offered by the integrated development are 180-degree sea view, 560-metre private beach, gym facilities, underground car parking, themed swimming pool, ample children's play areas, and hotel and club privileges.

Bab Al Bahr is the inaugural development project on Al Marjan Island and serves as a gateway to the integrated island community. Leading regional and international developers have been awarded contracts for additional prestigious development projects on Al Marjan Island.

Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #122
mirpuri

Likes (Received): 0

dead thread

i think this is most dead thread i ever seen on this site no body is intrested in this devalopment where are you guys ?some of us live far away from RAK we need some help from locals pls tell us what is going on there ?
bab al bahr is 1st and best devalopment on this island why no body bothered about this, is every body happy what is going on pls share you expearance with us.
thanks
Mirpuri
mirpuri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 12:05 PM   #123
mirpuri

construction update

I hope Rakeen would update with construction every month so all investors can see what progress is been done each month
Mirpuri
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #124
eddy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirpuri View Post

i think this is most dead thread i ever seen on this site no body is intrested in this devalopment where are you guys ?some of us live far away from RAK we need some help from locals pls tell us what is going on there ?
bab al bahr is 1st and best devalopment on this island why no body bothered about this, is every body happy what is going on pls share you expearance with us.
thanks
Mirpuri
I believe everybody is content what has been done until now beside the decrease in market value versus OP. Don't worry I keep a close eye to this and will update so now and then. I pass this development at least once a month but be aware Holiday season started and Ramadan (September) will slow down the progress.

Ed
Old June 29th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #125
mirpuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy123 View Post
I believe everybody is content what has been done until now beside the decrease in market value versus OP. Don't worry I keep a close eye to this and will update so now and then. I pass this development at least once a month but be aware Holiday season started and Ramadan (September) will slow down the progress.

Ed
thanks eddy
wow there is some body here!
is there any news on 7 star hotel in Al Hamrah Village is it on track?

Mirpuri
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:04 AM   #126
marksageeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirpuri View Post
thanks eddy
wow there is some body here!
is there any news on 7 star hotel in Al Hamrah Village is it on track?

Mirpuri
Mirpuri, as Eddie mentioned, there's probably little to say as things are actually progressing here, I would rather be in the shoes of an investor here in the current climate where little is said rather than elsewhere whereby ALOT is said but its unfortunately negative...
marksageeza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 03:37 PM   #127
mirpuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksageeza View Post
Mirpuri, as Eddie mentioned, there's probably little to say as things are actually progressing here, I would rather be in the shoes of an investor here in the current climate where little is said rather than elsewhere whereby ALOT is said but its unfortunately negative...
marksageeza
you can take my shoes as well i have 2 bed in pacific i paid 30% i will reduce 25% from orignal price are you intersted in my shoes ?
Mirpuri
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #128
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 10

http://www.rakeen.com/en/our-projects/uae/bab-al-bahr
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #129
eddy123

Construction update, Its going great!

I have visit today the site and the sales office. They are making good progress now and there is a lot of activity going on the residential buildings. However no activity on the Office/Mall and Hotel. Only piling work done and that was done already for months ago. What would be an Bab Al Bahr without these services? I'm not happy with this.

The new design of "the show case" looks much better with lighter colors and nicer tiling.

Anyway here some pictures:

Living Room

Kitchen

Master Bedroom

Bathroom

Toilet

cheers! Ed
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:46 AM   #130
mirpuri

Eddy123
thank you for fantastic photos you made my day
bed room-Kitchen -and living rooms look great with new furniture
i am not sure on bath room tiles

mirpuri
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #131
Yousuf27

Likes (Received): 1

This is much better than the earlier show apt and makes me feel much better about the possibility that Rakeen will do something nice at LHB if and when the matter emerges from the courts and they build it for us.

For sure it isn't entirely to my taste but it is 1,000 times better than before and I would be very happy to receive a finished unit like this!!
Yousuf27 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #132
eddy123

I'm agree that the choice of the bathroom is not that great. Well what is done wrong here is that they choose the same mosaic tiles for the floor and wall. You should not use mosaic tiles for the floor, so that will have to go.

For the Kitchen they choose the wrong color tiles (Green) on the wall. They will have to go as well.

Overall it is a big improvement and hopefully they will not change this. With the current market and rates you have to consider that we paid a luxury price. With that should come a luxury finish. :-)

Ed
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:10 AM   #133
kuttika

parkinfg space

can anyone who has purchased a one bedroom apartment let me know if a parking space is being given or are the one bedroom apartments dont come with a parking space. thanks for the help.................

[
kuttika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #134
eddy123

parking

Yes parking should include for all apartments unless they have changed this to make an extra bug. However it depends what they are asking now per sqft, I assume that the sales prices dropped since the crisis.

Ed
Old August 25th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #135
Plann

It's nice to see that something is moving in Marjan island.
Plann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 01:25 PM   #136
beer51

Likes (Received): 16

Rakeen completes model units of Bab Al Bahr property development, Ras Al Khaimah

http://www.gowealthy.com/gowealthy/w...001199265.html

Rakeen, one of the most dynamic property developers in Ras Al Khaimah, has completed a comprehensive overhaul of the model apartments for Bab Al Bahr, a value-added offering that gives clients a preview of the actual features, amenities, layout and ambience of their dream homes. The model 1 and 2-bedroom units, which are conveniently located along the main road shortly before the entrance to Al Marjan Island, are equipped with the same state-of-the-art facilities of the actual apartments and have been built overlooking the coastline of the Arabian Gulf, giving a realistic foretaste of the views of the Bab Al Bahr residences.

Jeremy Savory, Commercial Director, Rakeen, said, "Bab Al Bahr is Rakeen's first end-user development, which has been designed to redefine living in Ras Al Khaimah and to add value to the emirate's community. With its exclusive beachfront location and stunning views, Bab Al Bahr is a residential development conducive to relaxation that will serve as a new landmark in the emirate. While awaiting the highly anticipated handover during the second half of 2010, we are inviting residents and interested buyers to visit the model units, which we believe will help them generate unique ideas for the physical arrangements and additional furnishings they want to include in their residences."

Rakeen has accordingly invited property investors and interested buyers to visit the newly revamped model units to have a clear overview of the properties on offer at Bab Al Bahr. Designed in line with the emirate's goal of becoming a major lifestyle destination in the region, Bab Al Bahr is Rakeen's first end-user development and its flagship project on the peninsula of Ras Al Khaimah's Al Marjan Island, the first man-made island in Ras Al Khaimah.
beer51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #137
eddy123

October 2009 update

Had a visit on October 27, 2009.

I'm still very disappointed, despite the progress, that construction hasn't been started for the Hotel, Office and Mall. The office can be stolen but the Hotel and Mall were additional facilities to the complex. I therefore will withhold my final 30% payment until these facilities are delivered. The project was sold as such and for that you pay a premium.

Here some pictures.

This must be the Manazil Project?
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #138
Plann

It's nice to see a clear progress in BAB AL BAHR project. BAB AL BAHR and AL HAMRA VILLAGE are the only projects that seriusly run on R.A.K.
Plann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #139
eddy123

November update

Well I passed by today without camera more or less unexpected. Good progress is still being made and for at least one building the top has been reached. It was a clear day today and was surprised to see the mountains so clear. They seems to be so close and yet so far most of the year due to bad air visibility.

Talked recently to Rakeen and was not so happy with the answer to my question; 'When construction will start for the office/mall and hotel". They told me that phase two of the project, that's what they have called it, will start as soon when phase 1 is finished. Phase 1 means all the apartment buildings, the rest is phase 2. Can you imagine the construction around you while you try to enjoy the pristine area with a glass of wine? You probable have to wait another two years or so if you are ever planning to live there. NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR ME!

Beside that they want to start after phase 1, I can only believe there must be an issue with the investors of the planned Hotel. They might want to pull out or put it on hold as long as the economy doesn't pick up, like so many have done in Dubai. The office and the mall might have similar issues. Why you need a mall, if Bab al Bahr is the only project being built on the island? Have a look at Spinneys in the Al Hamra complex. Its almost dead!

One good thing is that we will be sure of sea-view from every corner of our balcony, if you have one. No obstacles in our way but don't look down because it might look a bit different than the glossy brochure you received.
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:45 AM   #140
234sale

Likes (Received): 6