daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 4th, 2007, 03:59 AM   #1
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Likes (Received): 1178

Arquitectural similarities on the Dubai and Panama skyscrapers design

As many of you should know Panama a small latin american country is going through a residential skyscrapers boom, is my intention with this thread to show that all the criticism against it´s designs is partially based on an aspect I don´t agree, mostly because we use the so call "boxes" in the base of the buildings, many, specially south american forumers use this argument to underestimate our designs saying they find it ugly.
Here you can see that this method is used in places were the phreatic level it has makes them design it´s building in a similar way, not making it look bad in my personal opinion, Dubai is a perfect example, (don´t pay attention to the red circle).

Dubai

[IMG]http://i12.************/499skjo.jpg[/IMG]

Here are just some of the designs in Panama criticized based on that argument.

Photo courtesy of Panaboom. All rights reserved.

Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2007, 11:31 PM   #2
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

There are practical reasons on choosing such designs, in this case the proximity to water and the extra, extra costs if all the parking levels had to be build underground.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:34 AM   #3
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Likes (Received): 1178

I wish everyone would knew that, but many forumers from the latinscrapers forum don´t understand why we do that, and say is a ugly and awful way our arquitects like to design, as if they do it on purpose, that´s not the case and you explain the reasons also on your commentary. thx.

Last edited by Dr Drums; May 8th, 2007 at 01:47 AM.
Dr Drums no está en línea   Reply With Quote