daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 29th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #2021
sammyk

Likes (Received): 34

Threads like these are where you find out who is dumb and who is not.
sammyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #2022
v-8ras
Whizkidd

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyk View Post
Threads like these are where you find out who is dumb and who is not.
You should have also revealed your findings!
v-8ras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #2023
sammyk

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-8ras View Post
You should have also revealed your findings!
No need! They reveal themselves!
sammyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #2024
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 551

True...lol
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #2025
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

I think the fair thing to do....is place this thread "ON HOLD DUE TO MONSOON" or something, because the work is not going at full force....also, we won't have forumers complaining like in the recent posts for another 3 months. The thread won't attract garbage for another 3 months unless something miraculous happens...lol
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:43 AM   #2026
jaadu

Likes (Received): 39

why put on Hold when its not .. why can's all the bullshit forumers just go and trash some other forum .. there are no meaningful updates so just stay away from here ..

Now I am also guilty of posting .. just stay away and do not post !!! If you cannot stop urselves there is another forum in Indian subforum and you can come and trash there !!
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #2027
chewys

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunefreezer View Post
I think the fair thing to do....is place this thread "ON HOLD DUE TO MONSOON" or something, because the work is not going at full force....also, we won't have forumers complaining like in the recent posts for another 3 months. The thread won't attract garbage for another 3 months unless something miraculous happens...lol
I think this 'monsoon' excuse is just lame. Is the monsoon in Bombay or for that matter in India, is special that construction activities has to be delayed for a few months of the year? I think not. There is no evidence that the rainy weather perod in India is more severe than the equivalent season in other tropical countries, like Malaysia, Singapore etc. In South China, Vietnam, Phillipines etc, there is the typhoon season, and yet we do not really see projects being held up for months due to inclement weather.

I think this project is definately going nowhere at this stage. Perhaps it is due to bureaucratic red-tape that is especially problematic in India, and also problems in acquiring massive finance backing required for such project.

Last edited by chewys; June 30th, 2011 at 05:09 AM.
chewys no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 04:42 AM   #2028
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewys View Post
I think this 'monsoon' excuse is just lame. Is the monsoon in Bombay or for that matter in India, is special that construction activities has to be delayed for a few months of the year? I think not. There is no evidence that the rainy weather perod in India is more severe than the equivalent season in other tropical countries, like Malaysia, Singapore etc. In South China, Vietnam, Phillipines etc, there is the typhoon season, and yet we do not really see projects being held up for months due to inclement weather.

I think this project is definately going nowhere at this stage. Perhaps it is due to bureaucracy red-tape that is especially problematic in India, and also problems in acquiring massive finance backing required for such project.
Well I don't know if you have ever been to India....I went there once for a vacation.....and Monsoon seasons.....man...are they harsh...they literally cause floods.....They make the cities look like Venice...
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:11 AM   #2029
chewys

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunefreezer View Post
Well I don't know if you have ever been to India....I went there once for a vacation.....and Monsoon seasons.....man...are they harsh...they literally cause floods.....They make the cities look like Venice...
I am sure flooding is a big problem in parts of India during the monsoon. However, such situation is not peculiar to India only.
chewys no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:18 AM   #2030
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Well no matter what other countries face this problem...This is about India Tower not being able to rise because of flooding...Thats the only reason right now....I think its completely fair to go on hold (or low power so I don't piss off the others...) because of the condition of Monsoon...Its like trying to build a tower made of cards in the ocean.

Last edited by dunefreezer; June 30th, 2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #2031
MattToronto
Less is More

Likes (Received): 97

I just want to see SOME sort of progress. The building is so interesting in it's design that watching it grow will be fantastic. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #2032
v-8ras
Whizkidd

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:

I think this project is definately going nowhere at this stage. Perhaps it is due to bureaucratic red-tape that is especially problematic in India, and also problems in acquiring massive finance backing required for such project.
All I can say is ....

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freea...number=4738167

http://www.constructionupdate.com/Ne...--India-Sector
v-8ras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #2033
jaadu

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:

because people cannot shut up :

Avg June July Aug Rainfall in Mumbai (mm) - 500 mm , 600mm , 350 mm
Avg rainfall in Singapore (mm) Jun-July-Aug = 161mm, 158mm , 176mm ... you can check any city u want

I am not trying to justify why it is so slow , I would love to see real fast work and this tower get build asap .. but people who have no knowledge of any area should not open make judgements , Monsoons area crazy in Mumbai and virtually no construction works takes place , especially foundation work which has the risk of flooding as mumbai is build by landfilling and has very very high water table !!!

I hope in August we start seeing much more faster work !!
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #2034
Im Using A Computer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

is this building on hold or just slow construction?
Im Using A Computer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #2035
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

Quote:

So in China and the Philippines work continues on a tower when there is a typhoon? We must learn what they are doing.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #2036
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3095

I thought this tower was not going anywhere so today I went and looked for myself ! Through the monsoon I could at last see it rising to maybe ??? at least 50 levels by now??? would that be right...a rough guess.
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #2037
azn_man12345

Likes (Received): 114

So what's gonna happen next year (or more likely 2 years from now) when it's monsoon season again and this thing is above ground?
azn_man12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #2038
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9055

This thread is a global joke. It should be locked temporarily. At least until we see real updates,and visible progress.

Mr. Administrator, lock down this thread!

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #2039
Im Using A Computer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

no need to lock it until it is deffinitively on hold or cancelled. and if its on hold theres still no reason to lock it.
Im Using A Computer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #2040
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9055

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Using A Computer View Post
no need to lock it until it is deffinitively on hold or cancelled. and if its on hold theres still no reason to lock it.
The PYONGYANG - Ryugyong Hotel thread was locked once for similar reasons. Just BS, and OT 24/7... The funny/ridiculous thing is we can see updates and progress more often there then here. Don't forget, we are talking about a sealed off country in that case.

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mumbai, norman foster