daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #2041
Face81
Registered User
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London | Dubai
Posts: 5,558
Likes (Received): 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattToronto View Post
That's exactly what I'm saying.



I do in fact follow this thread quite attentively and I adore this project. I am however a realist. I'm not saying it's canceled, never did. What I'm saying is people need to stop saying its U/C when we are clearly in an On Hold situation. Look back at the last 10 pictures and 20 pages of post. No progress but people saying look here's a 2 month old picture, it's still going!

Let's put this sucker under On Hold and hope to see some progress by September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
This thread is a global joke. It should be locked temporarily. At least until we see real updates,and visible progress.

Mr. Administrator, lock down this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
The PYONGYANG - Ryugyong Hotel thread was locked once for similar reasons. Just BS, and OT 24/7... The funny/ridiculous thing is we can see updates and progress more often there then here. Don't forget, we are talking about a sealed off country in that case.

Locking this thread is a bit harsh, but it should definitely be moved to on hold.

Mods, please do the needful
__________________
We will never forget any of you...
The late Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum [1943 - 2006]
The late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan [1918 - 2004]
The late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum [1912 - 1990]
Face81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #2042
v-8ras
Whizkidd
 
v-8ras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kottayam
Posts: 291
Likes (Received): 73

I would rather see this one locked or temporarily moved to any other section so that at least its not ruined by useless comments. Also, there is a thread in the India sub forums about this anyway where things can be discussed.

We might as well wait and watch.
v-8ras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #2043
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast
 
dunefreezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Montreal
Posts: 2,208
Likes (Received): 551

Exactly...Thats what I was trying to say...Since this is International thread, and because of the slow progress, its gonna attract a lot of garbage....better do something to the status of this thread alone, if not to the Indian subforum thread for India Tower.

To those....who get mad at me for suggesting to put this on hold because you think I don't like this tower you're wrong....I am so down for this tower to rise, infact this is my most watched list of skyscrapers that are getting built.....I am asking to do this only for the sake of repelling garbage for the next 3 months....We don't wanna waste the MOD's time deleting dozens of pages until real progress happens....now do we?

But I am gonna continue reading this thread in case some dedicated forumers (you know who you are) bring encouraging details on the table....even if we put this thing on hold....I think its better for us who loves to see this beast rise, and we can be less frustrated than usual..

Last edited by dunefreezer; June 30th, 2011 at 06:48 PM.
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #2044
Marathaman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 12,872
Likes (Received): 6038

I agree.

This thread has no purpose whatsoever. All you have is a constant fight between China/Dubai/Wherever-fans who seem to think that they have a genetic predisposition for building supertalls and desperate Indian forumers trying to prove that Indians have the supertall gene too.

Updates are first posted in the Indian forum, not here. So better to lock this one and spare the rest of us the inconvenience of opening this thread in the hope of seeing updates and finding nothing useful.
__________________
upcoming predictions:

2019:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyer75 View Post
Next two years the economy will crumble and the stock markets will crash thanks to demon.
Marathaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #2045
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan
 
Soroban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vitória
Posts: 467
Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathaman View Post
I agree.

This thread has no purpose whatsoever. All you have is a constant fight between China/Dubai/Wherever-fans who seem to think that they have a genetic predisposition for building supertalls and desperate Indian forumers trying to prove that Indians have the supertall gene too.

Updates are first posted in the Indian forum, not here. So better to lock this one and spare the rest of us the inconvenience of opening this thread in the hope of seeing updates and finding nothing useful.
Fight ou trolls from China and Saudi Arabia, for jealous.
City x City. Country x Country. Country Moderator as troll.

I am updates here, not in Indiam forum.

Sad to see that the envy dominates the comments.
__________________
Em Urd eu acredito!
http://abaco-ocaba.blogspot.com
http://soroban.blogspot.com
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #2046
bhargavsura
Registered User
 
bhargavsura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,724

A real good cleanup is required.
__________________
जय हिन्द। मेरा भारत महान।
bhargavsura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #2047
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast
 
dunefreezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Montreal
Posts: 2,208
Likes (Received): 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathaman View Post
I agree.

This thread has no purpose whatsoever. All you have is a constant fight between China/Dubai/Wherever-fans who seem to think that they have a genetic predisposition for building supertalls and desperate Indian forumers trying to prove that Indians have the supertall gene too.

Updates are first posted in the Indian forum, not here. So better to lock this one and spare the rest of us the inconvenience of opening this thread in the hope of seeing updates and finding nothing useful.
But I kinda disagree a little bit about one thing....There are a few forumers who bring worthy informations to the list......We have so much good legit details on the progress right down to the pictures of it. So we can't really say the thread has no purpose at all but although i agree that more than half of the thread is basically bullshit.
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #2048
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast
 
dunefreezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Montreal
Posts: 2,208
Likes (Received): 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
This thread is a global joke. It should be locked temporarily. At least until we see real updates,and visible progress.

Mr. Administrator, lock down this thread!
Thats actually harsh....I don't know If you have something against the Indians

And someone has to clean up the last 2 pages.
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #2049
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,047
Likes (Received): 9050

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunefreezer View Post
Thats actually harsh....I don't know If you have something against the Indians

And someone has to clean up the last 2 pages.
Why would I have anything against Indians?! Jesus! Are you paranoid?

Please, compare this thread with any other in the supertalls forum.
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #2050
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast
 
dunefreezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Montreal
Posts: 2,208
Likes (Received): 551

No actually not......You just seemed persistent like the others. "Locking" is completely unnecessary...Thats why
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #2051
vadditwice
Registered User
 
vadditwice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 502
Likes (Received): 14

Work everywhere stops for monsoon. What is the big deal here I cannot understand. Put it on hold if you don't see work till September.
__________________
When In doubt, Toss a coin.
vadditwice no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:41 AM   #2052
jaadu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 851
Likes (Received): 39


+1

just wait till september .. if there is not real progress put it on hold !!!
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 03:59 AM   #2053
mclarenshen
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 6
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Why would I have anything against Indians?! Jesus! Are you paranoid?

Please, compare this thread with any other in the supertalls forum.
Lol. You should get used to Indian logic. If you say something negative about whatever Indian own or build, they will say you are against Indian. If you say a lot, then they will try to go to Mods and ban you. A country which never accepts criticism and facts. The fact is that building is on hold due to some issues of developers and it may continue when everything is legal. But indian forumers find that ridiculous "Monsoon" excuse to keep the thread alive. Can anyone post a picture about Mumbai in monsoon? I don't think Mumbai is so fragile during so called monsoon. Lol
mclarenshen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 04:53 AM   #2054
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast
 
dunefreezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Montreal
Posts: 2,208
Likes (Received): 551

Indians don't get pissed off when somebody says one negative thing about the Indians......But they do get pissed off whenever it seems as if somebody is trying to discriminate them.....I didn't get pissed off...read what I said carefully, I just asked out of doubt.

BTW...you are Chinese....How do you know about the Indians...Just because you perceive it that way doesn't make it true......and YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG about the reason of the hold up.....read the previous pages and then open your damn mouth. The developer sent out an announcement that everything is going as planned....

The only reason for the lack of progress is THE MONSOON....But I do agree put this on hold...It doesn't mean its canceled you know.
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:24 AM   #2055
sammyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,149
Likes (Received): 34

Why should this be put on hold if the project is not on hold? Just because a few ignorant trolls think so? Nonsense. Just because it's going at a snails pace doesn't mean it's not active.

It shouldn't be locked either. Moderators just need to do their job and keep things clean. Repeat offenders should be brigged.
sammyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM   #2056
mclarenshen
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 6
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyk View Post
Why should this be put on hold if the project is not on hold? Just because a few ignorant trolls think so? Nonsense. Just because it's going at a snails pace doesn't mean it's not active.

It shouldn't be locked either. Moderators just need to do their job and keep things clean. Repeat offenders should be brigged.

Lol. Not on hold? Pictures please. You can not tell someone to shut up when you keep talking.Lol, indian styled democracy
mclarenshen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:04 AM   #2057
bhargavsura
Registered User
 
bhargavsura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,724

I am pretty sure you are not Chinese as you mention of your location. I know where you are from though, it was a very simple guess.
__________________
जय हिन्द। मेरा भारत महान।
bhargavsura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:43 AM   #2058
chandanengg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 45
Likes (Received): 0

Yes you are correct because chinese dont know english
chandanengg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:56 PM   #2059
Scion
Registered User
 
Scion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hong Kong, Shenzhen
Posts: 3,552
Likes (Received): 4223

markshen经病,你在这里已经被封号,在高楼迷也差点被封号。太没家教了吧你?好好检讨一下你的行为!
Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM   #2060
joshsam
JR
 
joshsam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sint-Truiden
Posts: 7,151
Likes (Received): 5327

This whole thread should be revieuwed instead.
__________________
Ceci n'est pas un pays, een bananenrepubliek ja!
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
mumbai, norman foster

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu