daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 30th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #2041
Face81

Likes (Received): 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattToronto View Post
That's exactly what I'm saying.

I do in fact follow this thread quite attentively and I adore this project. I am however a realist. I'm not saying it's canceled, never did. What I'm saying is people need to stop saying its U/C when we are clearly in an On Hold situation. Look back at the last 10 pictures and 20 pages of post. No progress but people saying look here's a 2 month old picture, it's still going!

Let's put this sucker under On Hold and hope to see some progress by September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
This thread is a global joke. It should be locked temporarily. At least until we see real updates,and visible progress.

Mr. Administrator, lock down this thread!

Quote:
The PYONGYANG - Ryugyong Hotel thread was locked once for similar reasons. Just BS, and OT 24/7... The funny/ridiculous thing is we can see updates and progress more often there then here. Don't forget, we are talking about a sealed off country in that case.

Locking this thread is a bit harsh, but it should definitely be moved to on hold.

Mods, please do the needful
The late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum [1912 - 1990]
Face81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #2042
v-8ras
Whizkidd

Likes (Received): 73

I would rather see this one locked or temporarily moved to any other section so that at least its not ruined by useless comments. Also, there is a thread in the India sub forums about this anyway where things can be discussed.

We might as well wait and watch.
v-8ras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #2043
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 551

Exactly...Thats what I was trying to say...Since this is International thread, and because of the slow progress, its gonna attract a lot of garbage....better do something to the status of this thread alone, if not to the Indian subforum thread for India Tower.

To those....who get mad at me for suggesting to put this on hold because you think I don't like this tower you're wrong....I am so down for this tower to rise, infact this is my most watched list of skyscrapers that are getting built.....I am asking to do this only for the sake of repelling garbage for the next 3 months....We don't wanna waste the MOD's time deleting dozens of pages until real progress happens....now do we?

But I am gonna continue reading this thread in case some dedicated forumers (you know who you are) bring encouraging details on the table....even if we put this thing on hold....I think its better for us who loves to see this beast rise, and we can be less frustrated than usual..

Last edited by dunefreezer; June 30th, 2011 at 06:48 PM.
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #2044
Marathaman

Likes (Received): 6038

I agree.

This thread has no purpose whatsoever. All you have is a constant fight between China/Dubai/Wherever-fans who seem to think that they have a genetic predisposition for building supertalls and desperate Indian forumers trying to prove that Indians have the supertall gene too.

Updates are first posted in the Indian forum, not here. So better to lock this one and spare the rest of us the inconvenience of opening this thread in the hope of seeing updates and finding nothing useful.

2019:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyer75 View Post
Next two years the economy will crumble and the stock markets will crash thanks to demon.
Marathaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #2045
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathaman View Post
I agree.

This thread has no purpose whatsoever. All you have is a constant fight between China/Dubai/Wherever-fans who seem to think that they have a genetic predisposition for building supertalls and desperate Indian forumers trying to prove that Indians have the supertall gene too.

Updates are first posted in the Indian forum, not here. So better to lock this one and spare the rest of us the inconvenience of opening this thread in the hope of seeing updates and finding nothing useful.
Fight ou trolls from China and Saudi Arabia, for jealous.
City x City. Country x Country. Country Moderator as troll.

I am updates here, not in Indiam forum.

Sad to see that the envy dominates the comments.
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #2046
bhargavsura

A real good cleanup is required.
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #2047
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathaman View Post
I agree.

But I kinda disagree a little bit about one thing....There are a few forumers who bring worthy informations to the list......We have so much good legit details on the progress right down to the pictures of it. So we can't really say the thread has no purpose at all but although i agree that more than half of the thread is basically bullshit.
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #2048
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Quote:
This thread is a global joke. It should be locked temporarily. At least until we see real updates,and visible progress.

Mr. Administrator, lock down this thread!
Thats actually harsh....I don't know If you have something against the Indians

And someone has to clean up the last 2 pages.
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #2049
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9050

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunefreezer View Post
Thats actually harsh....I don't know If you have something against the Indians

And someone has to clean up the last 2 pages.
Why would I have anything against Indians?! Jesus! Are you paranoid?

Please, compare this thread with any other in the supertalls forum.

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #2050
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

No actually not......You just seemed persistent like the others. "Locking" is completely unnecessary...Thats why
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #2051
vadditwice

Likes (Received): 14

Work everywhere stops for monsoon. What is the big deal here I cannot understand. Put it on hold if you don't see work till September.
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:41 AM   #2052
jaadu

Likes (Received): 39

+1

just wait till september .. if there is not real progress put it on hold !!!
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 03:59 AM   #2053
mclarenshen

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Why would I have anything against Indians?! Jesus! Are you paranoid?

Please, compare this thread with any other in the supertalls forum.
Lol. You should get used to Indian logic. If you say something negative about whatever Indian own or build, they will say you are against Indian. If you say a lot, then they will try to go to Mods and ban you. A country which never accepts criticism and facts. The fact is that building is on hold due to some issues of developers and it may continue when everything is legal. But indian forumers find that ridiculous "Monsoon" excuse to keep the thread alive. Can anyone post a picture about Mumbai in monsoon? I don't think Mumbai is so fragile during so called monsoon. Lol
mclarenshen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 04:53 AM   #2054
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Indians don't get pissed off when somebody says one negative thing about the Indians......But they do get pissed off whenever it seems as if somebody is trying to discriminate them.....I didn't get pissed off...read what I said carefully, I just asked out of doubt.

BTW...you are Chinese....How do you know about the Indians...Just because you perceive it that way doesn't make it true......and YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG about the reason of the hold up.....read the previous pages and then open your damn mouth. The developer sent out an announcement that everything is going as planned....

The only reason for the lack of progress is THE MONSOON....But I do agree put this on hold...It doesn't mean its canceled you know.
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:24 AM   #2055
sammyk

Likes (Received): 34

Why should this be put on hold if the project is not on hold? Just because a few ignorant trolls think so? Nonsense. Just because it's going at a snails pace doesn't mean it's not active.

It shouldn't be locked either. Moderators just need to do their job and keep things clean. Repeat offenders should be brigged.
sammyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM   #2056
mclarenshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyk View Post
Why should this be put on hold if the project is not on hold? Just because a few ignorant trolls think so? Nonsense. Just because it's going at a snails pace doesn't mean it's not active.

It shouldn't be locked either. Moderators just need to do their job and keep things clean. Repeat offenders should be brigged.

Lol. Not on hold? Pictures please. You can not tell someone to shut up when you keep talking.Lol, indian styled democracy
mclarenshen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:04 AM   #2057
bhargavsura

I am pretty sure you are not Chinese as you mention of your location. I know where you are from though, it was a very simple guess.
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:43 AM   #2058
chandanengg

Yes you are correct because chinese dont know english
chandanengg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:56 PM   #2059
Scion

Likes (Received): 4223

markshen经病,你在这里已经被封号,在高楼迷也差点被封号。太没家教了吧你?好好检讨一下你的行为!
Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM   #2060
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5327

This whole thread should be revieuwed instead.

Tags
mumbai, norman foster