daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 24th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #2141
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Wait, this building is again under construction? I thought it was on hold.

Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #2142
minba
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

This building is ON HOLD!!! It does not belong in this thread!!!! Forget the nonsens about the so called moomsoon, that is just a poor excuse!!!
minba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #2143
kt

Likes (Received): 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by minba View Post
This building is ON HOLD!!! It does not belong in this thread!!!! Forget the nonsens about the so called moomsoon, that is just a poor excuse!!!
ON HOLD ??? ON HOLD OR U/C ???????????
kt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #2144
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by minba View Post
I agree the project is on hold....But What do you mean, this doesn't belong in this thread...It can be on the thread on its own right for a fact that it is possible in 4 years this beast will be standing up...and how do you know the monsoon is a poor excuse....This thing is on hold because of the monsoon and for no other reason at the present....Now stop following your baseless judgements....when you make a statement like that...its only decent when you prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt View Post
ON HOLD ??? ON HOLD OR U/C ???????????
It seems at the very moment, it is on hold. But the cause of this is not serious at all to worry about. Just think of this as a formality....lol
They are calling it U/C because they know it will pick up construction pace soon and that it is not as serious as the real "on hold" where anything can happen, and refer to CTBUH

Last edited by dunefreezer; July 24th, 2011 at 08:22 PM.
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #2145
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunefreezer View Post
I agree the project is on hold....But What do you mean, this doesn't belong in this thread...It can be on the thread on its own right for a fact that it is possible in 4 years this beast will be standing up...and how do you know the monsoon is a poor excuse....This thing is on hold because of the monsoon and for no other reason at the present....Now stop following your baseless judgements....when you make a statement like that...its only decent when you prove it.

It seems at the very moment, it is on hold. But the cause of this is not serious at all to worry about. Just think of this as a formality....lol
They are calling it U/C because they know it will pick up construction pace soon and that it is not as serious as the real "on hold" where anything can happen, and refer to CTBUH
In CTBUH i trust:

facts

also known DB Tower
ity Mumbai

country India
status under construction
use residential / hotel / office
proposed 2010
start of construction 2010
completion 2016
Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #2146
MattToronto
Less is More

Likes (Received): 97

This thread is like a metronome. Back and forth, back and forth. Let's lock this up until there is PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF or ACTUAL DOCUMENTATION that this project is going ahead.

No offense Soroban but I too can just make up facts and put them down as "documentation".
Old July 24th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #2147
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Looks like you have made a big bet on this project and your life is at stake....lmao

Last edited by dunefreezer; March 23rd, 2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old July 25th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #2148
minba
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunefreezer View Post

Then why don't you prove it's because of the moonsoon its on hold????? They are building huge towers like crazy in the city right now, but this tower seems dead for now, so it can't be because of the moonsoon, otherwise nothing would be build in the city right now. use your logic and you will come too the conclusion that my opinion isn't nonsens!!!! Move it to ON HOLD.
minba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 05:32 AM   #2149
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Del

Last edited by dunefreezer; March 23rd, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #2150
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57990

This thread is closed for now, as construction is halted for the time being and argueing about it seems to go on.
If there is a proof of continued construction, please give us moderators a hint there and we'll open it again:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=817314

Thank you.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 01:03 AM   #2151
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

MUMBAI | India Tower | 720m | 2362ft | 125fl | On Hold

I think this news makes worth reopening this thread. Well actually making new one since there is no old one anywhere

News are still not official but we're getting slowly there and I thing we should at this point have place to discuss it.

From Indian subforum:

Quote:
DB group all set to sell Hilton for over Rs 400cr

MUMBAI: The Hilton Hotel near Sahar airport is on the verge of being sold for more than Rs 400 crore, a year after the five-star hotel was put on the block by its owner, Dynamix Balwas (DB) Hospitality. TOI has learnt that the 1.2- acre property, formerly known as Le Royal Meridian, is expected to be sold to a US-based Patel family with interests in the hotel business.

DB Group sources said the company plans to raise around Rs 900 crore through the sale of five hotels in Ahmedabad, Pune, Jaipur, Mundra and Mumbai. These include the 63-room Le Meridien Hotel in Ahmedabad, the upcoming Grand Hyatt in Pune, the 125-room under-construction Hyatt Palace in Mundra and a 40-room fort-turned-hotel in Mukundgarh near Jaipur.
The arrests affected the group's on-going realty projects in Mumbai when lenders stopped funding them. DB Realty's 11 residential projects in the city were stalled, but sources said a fresh infusion of funds recently will ensure that they are completed on time.

One of DB's most ambitious projects, the 125-storey luxury hotel, the iconic India Tower (Park Hyatt Hotel), got stop-work notice last May after the BMC asked the company to pay premium and development charges running into a few hundred crores for the various building concessions it had sought. The firm moved the Bombay high court, claiming it owed the BMC only Rs 20 crore. A DB official said work will recommence on this project in the next two to three months.

PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 01:45 AM   #2152
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

i really hope that most of these projects come back, not only india tower, but also the 3 dlf towers, the 2 orchid heights and the 3 orchid crown buildings.

9 supertalls being on hold is just too much

but this is good news and i hope the situation really goes in favor for some projects in near future
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 01:53 AM   #2153
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Damn that's a huuuuge spire, but the design is cool
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 01:58 AM   #2154
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Damn that's a huuuuge spire, but the design is cool
did you miss the building when it first was announced? we were waiting for it to get U/C and then we waited for updates and waited and waited then we saw new photos finally and nothing changed - on hold

i think there were two cranes in it already and then the big shock, by now i already gave up home and thought it was pretty much gone for good
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:07 AM   #2155
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

They should feed the huge population first, improve the infrastructure, get ride of the big slums, improve the mentality, ect ect..
.. Otherwise this tower will not make any sense in a country that has a lot of defects in its society.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:26 AM   #2156
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!

Likes (Received): 459

Blah Blah Blah.......ok...can we talk about the project now..???

Lovely...

iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:52 AM   #2157
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
did you miss the building when it first was announced? we were waiting for it to get U/C and then we waited for updates and waited and waited then we saw new photos finally and nothing changed - on hold

i think there were two cranes in it already and then the big shock, by now i already gave up home and thought it was pretty much gone for good
The article just said the opposite

Last edited by Jay; March 23rd, 2012 at 08:06 PM.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:57 AM   #2158
desiyogi
How I met your Sister

Likes (Received): 3619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiwind1184 View Post
They should feed the huge population first, improve the infrastructure, get ride of the big slums, improve the mentality, ect ect..
.. Otherwise this tower will not make any sense in a country that has a lot of defects in its society.
That's the responsibility of the government ...not the private sector.(which is constructing this building)
What you propose is akin to asking General motors or any private corp. in the US to provide healthcare to all people.

Who is the "they" you are referring to?
India would love to get rid of it's slums but it has a big enough heart not to turn back the millions of refugees who came in from Bangladesh.The Municipal authorities in Mumbai have already built houses for many slum dwellers.I hope you don't consider these as defects of society.

Last edited by desiyogi; March 23rd, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
desiyogi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 06:31 AM   #2159
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3188

There is hope!!!! I love this tower!
Munwon está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:09 AM   #2160
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Definitely one of the most awesome projects on earth. This one has to be build !
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mumbai, norman foster